PDA

View Full Version : Yanked by a Trooper Last Night

Bashed
Sat Apr 11th, 2009, 09:54 AM
On my way home from the race school in Denver.
He was sitting towards the botton of Monument Hill like they do most of the time getting people speeding down the grade. As usual I was not speeding there as I have this inforation stored. I was following a car with one of his tailights out though. He turns on his driving lights as we pass him and I think he see's the light out, no problem for me, not. He pulls in behind me, rather agressivly, waits about 10 seconds and then lights me up.
I pull over thinking, you got to be kidding. I turn off the bike putting my hands slightly out and down and wait for him to get to me. he says,

Trooper; Your license plate light is not working
Me; really!
Trooper; yes ,why isn't it working
Me; I dont know
Trooper; It needs to be working
Me; I realize that
Trooper; where is it
Me; I don't know
Trooper; I need to see you license, registration, and insurance
Me; may I get them out of my pocket
Trooper; Sure, go ahead
Me; here they are, I seem to of misplaced my registration
Trooper; How do I know if the bike belongs to you
Me; (Thinking) You fucking prick, you already know everything about me as you pulled my file before you even got out of the car
Me; I dont know
Trooper' I'll be back, sit tight
Me; yes sir
Trooper; (about four minutes later) Here is your info
Me; Thank you (as I take my stuff back)
Trooper; I am just giving you a warning this time, if I catch you without a light on you plate I am going to have to give you a ticket
Me; Thank you, I will fix it

End of the situation

A couple of things;

He yanked me cuz I was on a sportbike, plain and simple
He was being a prick initialy
I keep my cool and didn't get a attitude
I also didn't admit to anything
I was current on all my paperwork, even though I didn't have all of it.
He let me off because I was current on my paperwork, he realized his paperwork was going to be more if he wrote me a minor equipment violation which would probably be dropped if I showed compliance, and I didn't give him an attitude, which was I think what he wanted as he was being very aggressive and kinda picking a fight so to speak.
All i can say is this, I kept my cool and it paid off.
Yea!

End of rant.

Bash

Mizzybeff
Sat Apr 11th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Woohoo! no ticket! :yay:

Good job with the cop, every cop at the bottom of monument hill is a prick! I have never gotten a ticket there but man have gotten pulled over.

Sean
Sat Apr 11th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Profiling is fun! :hump:

Nick_Ninja
Sat Apr 11th, 2009, 11:30 AM
I would have called him a bad name and received a ticket :D

Zach929rr
Sat Apr 11th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Should've gave his doughnut a little extra "glaze". :jerkoff:

spdr8cr02
Sat Apr 11th, 2009, 01:28 PM
did he give you his card? What was his name?

RajunCajun
Sat Apr 11th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Good job!

R6biker122
Sat Apr 11th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Sounds like the typical ahole cop. Not to say there are some tight cops out there.

Zanos
Sun Apr 12th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Profiling is fun!

Profiling is acting solely on the age, race, sex, of a person - also can be a rider in the statement/thread.

Profiling is if a motorcycle rider was stopped... for no reason, without probable cause, because he was on a motorcycle.

Now,

Was this rider profiled? For the fact that he was not solely stopped, without probable cause, due to his mode of transportation.

I think not.

Probable cause was present. A law enforcement officer is like a fisherman. When there are two fish, and one hook, you only can catch one.

My .02c

Tipys
Sun Apr 12th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Ok Zanos he started to pull out before he would have even knew the plate light was out. So yes it was profiling.

I was following a car with one of his tailights out though. He turns on his driving lights as we pass him and I think he see's the light out, no problem for me, not. He pulls in behind me, rather agressivly, waits about 10 seconds and then lights me up.

Zanos
Sun Apr 12th, 2009, 12:22 PM
There is another car there... also with probable cause. Neither would have been seen prior to him pulling out. And you can see a plate light as a motorcycle drives by. And he also could have seen the tail light as they pass.

As stated, you only can catch one fish with one hook.

I still think not. But I am just stating. I dropped out of high school... so I am just adding my ignorant and uneducated statements.

Carry on.

Bashed
Sun Apr 12th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Zanos, we have had a meeting with the CSP here in our area and they have admitted to the act of profiling of sportbikes due to the actions of a few in this region. This is straight from the capt who graicously sp met with SOCO CSC after an incident involving one of our members last summer. Just an FYI

R6biker122
Sun Apr 12th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Ok Zanos he started to pull out before he would have even knew the plate light was out. So yes it was profiling.

Cops do this all the time to me. But it is in such a good location cause the headlights light the license plate right up. Cops always pull out and follow me while im on the bike. It makes me nervous cause those guys can always find something wrong. .

brennahm
Sun Apr 12th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Every time I feel like a cop is following me, I'll pull onto a side street or into a parking lot. Take off the helmet, pull out the phone. They NEVER want to just sit there and watch you. If you let them follow you, they WILL find a reason to pull you over.

lightspeed
Sun Apr 12th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Cops profile sport bikes plain and simple. Very rarely do you see big cruisers, gold wings, choppers..etc. pulled over on the side of the road unless their stuff is broke down. And we know it's not b/c they don't speed.

Zanos
Sun Apr 12th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Okay. Ignore me then. Moving on to read another thread...

Mental
Sun Apr 12th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Cops profile sport bikes plain and simple. Very rarely do you see big cruisers, gold wings, choppers..etc. pulled over on the side of the road unless their stuff is broke down. And we know it's not b/c they don't speed.

Oh they profile those guys too, just at different times. During your prime DUI hunting hours cruiser folks are gold becuase so many of them just run from one bar to the next. Goldwingers....well your right, they get away with murder.

Bash on the other hand was profiled beucase he is Bash and they know he's up to no good.

Bashed
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Bash on the other hand was profiled beucase he is Bash and they know he's up to no good.

Mental, now everybody knows, ixna on the bashna, hefe.

puckstr
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 09:29 AM
No ticket is one in the WIN column.

The trooper can also be happy knowing he helped save the country from terrorists one tail light at a time. He should get a medal.

Shea
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 09:34 AM
No ticket is one in the WIN column.

The trooper can also be happy knowing he helped save the country from terrorists one tail light at a time. He should get a medal.

So you're saying Bashed is a terrorist? Who's profiling now Mr Nazi? :)

puckstr
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 09:36 AM
So you're saying Bashed is a terrorist? Who's profiling now Mr Nazi? :)

I am just saying that Not buying the taillight and supporting the American economy is a non-American action

Shea
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 09:39 AM
I am just saying that Not buying the taillight and supporting the American economy is a non-American action

Gotcha. Oh and for the record, there is no more terrorism (the term is mean) so the official DHS term is "man-caused disaster".

So congrats on your man-caused disaster Bashed.

puckstr
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Gotcha. Oh and for the record, there is no more terrorism (the term is mean) so the official DHS term is "man-caused disaster".

So congrats on your man-caused disaster Bashed.

Being PC is the continued Pussification of America.:banghead:

Shea
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 09:43 AM

Preaching to the choir brother

Bashed
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 11:29 AM
I prefer just say it like it is. you people are funny, thanks for the laughs

PROFLYER
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Another reason to be current on everything, they're just lookin for someone to make a fool outta with no endorsement or insurance or whatever. State needs cash! Good job, handled it perfectly I'd say.

Slo
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 05:59 PM
So your complaining about getting a warning?

He was probably mainly checking to see if you had an endorsement...... You would be surprised to find out exactly how many don't. Even guys that have been riding 10+ even 20+ years.

Tipys
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 06:03 PM
SLo I think he was more or less letting us know that he got pulled over over nothing and giving us all a warning.

Slo
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Yeah they definitely been out there, that is for sure....

I always figured that with snow season, their revenue making possibly slows down? Due to so many accidents and such, spending so much time at one scene, taking them away from ticketing others.

Once the weather gets better and there are less accidents, they go out in force.... just my $.02:drink:

Tipys
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Ya I have never gotten a ticket in the winter its always been spring or summer.

Knuckle Dragger
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Just curious did u ever find your plate light and is it brunt out? If nothing else if it is burnt out or missing well you gave them a reason to pull you over. I would not say the CSP was profiling and here is why. CSP have numbered ticket books once a trooper puts anything on the ticket he has to finish the ticket. As you pointed out he already knows your info from the plate he pulls in the crusier. So if he was profiling and had $ on the mind or being a prick he would have already had a ticket prepared or started that they would have to finish. In the SO or PD if you start a ticket the officer can still tear it up if he finds cause to do so with no or little explantion to their supervisor. So the fact that the CSP trooper did not start a ticket would lead me to beleive that he was performing a PC stop to check your endorsement and if your bike has any other malfunctions. Really since you do not even know where your plate light is and is law to have a plate light tells me that you do not perform a simple walk around on your bike before you ride; this is bike 101 taught in all safety classes. Really you should be thanking him for considering your safety alot more then you do. Just a thought here if you did take any consideration of your safety and took the five seconds to walk around your bike while putting on your gear you would have not been stopped. Most LEO take this into consideration when doing a stop that if you do not even care enough to ensure your own safety what else have you missed then???

YZFRydn
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 08:11 PM

LMAO

As for the guy mentioning the probable cause. You should ride around in Boulder sometime if you don't think cops profile. I've been pulled over for no probable cause, the most recent was some bullshit about my pipe being too loud. Too bad it was the stock exhaust. His comment, "Oh, they must have made it louder than last years." Uh-huh asshole. I've been pulled over a grand total of four times in Boulder, and not received a single warning because I was doing nothing wrong.

dirkterrell
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 08:19 PM
LMAO

As for the guy mentioning the probable cause. You should ride around in Boulder sometime if you don't think cops profile.

Interesting. I've lived in Boulder for almost ten years now and I've never been pulled over.

Dirk

Sean
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Interesting. I've lived in Boulder for almost ten years now and I've never been pulled over.

Dirk+1 only in a car in the past 3 years. Now in Boulder canyon....that's a different story :)

Bashed
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 08:50 PM
So your complaining about getting a warning?

He was probably mainly checking to see if you had an endorsement...... You would be surprised to find out exactly how many don't. Even guys that have been riding 10+ even 20+ years.

Just curious did u ever find your plate light and is it brunt out? If nothing else if it is burnt out or missing well you gave them a reason to pull you over. I would not say the CSP was profiling and here is why. CSP have numbered ticket books once a trooper puts anything on the ticket he has to finish the ticket. As you pointed out he already knows your info from the plate he pulls in the crusier. So if he was profiling and had $ on the mind or being a prick he would have already had a ticket prepared or started that they would have to finish. In the SO or PD if you start a ticket the officer can still tear it up if he finds cause to do so with no or little explantion to their supervisor. So the fact that the CSP trooper did not start a ticket would lead me to beleive that he was performing a PC stop to check your endorsement and if your bike has any other malfunctions. Really since you do not even know where your plate light is and is law to have a plate light tells me that you do not perform a simple walk around on your bike before you ride; this is bike 101 taught in all safety classes. Really you should be thanking him for considering your safety alot more then you do. Just a thought here if you did take any consideration of your safety and took the five seconds to walk around your bike while putting on your gear you would have not been stopped. Most LEO take this into consideration when doing a stop that if you do not even care enough to ensure your own safety what else have you missed then???

Zanos, we have had a meeting with the CSP here in our area and they have admitted to the act of profiling of sportbikes due to the actions of a few in this region. This is straight from the capt who graicously sp met with SOCO CSC after an incident involving one of our members last summer. Just an FYI

Slo1299, see above, I was complaining about the profiling.

KD , see above. your line of BS is as good as the troopers. You must be/wannabe/ustabe a peace officer.

He was concerned about my safety for a plate light out, LOL
Thats rich, as is the statment concerning my lack of attention to my motorcycle. It's getting funnier by the post.

Bash

Knuckle Dragger
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Well at least I know where my plate light is and I know everything works on my bike and what do you know never been pulled over. What is funny is the thought that the trooper had some nerve to stop you because you broke the law. As stupid as it may be (and yes I think there are stupid laws) it does not give us the right to pick and choose which ones to follow. And if you choose to do so man up and take what is coming to you instead of slaming on a person that has sworn to up hold the law as his job to protect the general public. If you know you are wrong take it and come what comes instead of this bs about oh poor me; and before calling a person a "wanna-be" know them first before you go slaming so easy to be a internet tough guy.

Slo1299, see above, I was complaining about the profiling.

KD , see above. your line of BS is as good as the troopers. You must be/wannabe/ustabe a peace officer.

He was concerned about my safety for a plate light out, LOL
Thats rich, as is the statment concerning my lack of attention to my motorcycle. It's getting funnier by the post.

Bash

Tipys
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Hey KD the cop pulled out before he would have even know the light was out. How do I know he turned on his lights as they past not after. Also its funny you dont even know how things work a light can burn out even after a walk around. So why dont you learn about something called common sense.

Zach929rr
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Oh Snap!

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/294168009_b25decaddf.jpg

Knuckle Dragger
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Yes it can just "poof" burn out if you will; but how would he change it since he does not know where it is? Is it the law to have you license plate illumnated? Did he have it illumnated? Could he be ticketed for not having it illuminated? Was he ticketed? So was the trooper really after him? Since you want to use common sense I guess it would be common sense to follow the law and then not cry about it when called out for not following the law. But hey I like you line of thinking on this; as in this economy it is job sercuity for me. So when you are hocking your bike to pay for traffic fines I will be making my bike payment with your fine money. So thank you very much for helping me in this economy and please keep up the excellent thinking.

Hey KD the cop pulled out before he would have even know the light was out. How do I know he turned on his lights as they past not after. Also its funny you dont even know how things work a light can burn out even after a walk around. So why dont you learn about something called common sense.

Tipys
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 09:52 PM
So are you saying that you follow every law? You never speed? Also if a light burnt out I would know where it went either light just kind of disappears when it turns off or burns out.

Oh I am sorry that I am not a cop and can get out of the tickets like you.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 09:55 PM
So are you saying that you follow every law? You never speed? Also if a light burnt out I would know where it went either light just kind of disappears when it turns off or burns out.

Oh I am sorry that I am not a cop and can get out of the tickets like you.

Tipys --- look up the definition of hypocrite.

The Black Knight
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Well I think sometimes certain minor laws can be left up to the officers interpretation and/or are very ambiguous. Take for instance a situation I found myself in two summers ago. I got pulled over for other reasons(to long to talk about) but ended up receiving a ticket for a "inverted" license plate. Which I didn't get because I see harley's and choppers running around with inverted plates hanging off the swingarm.

My only difference was mine was mounted on my swingarm but still in the same legible position as one on a harley or chopper. So I did some checking into the laws and found that it is in fact "illegal" to have a inverted plate.

But here's the problem. If it's "ILLEGAL" to have a inverted license plate. Why are in fact Harley's and choppers sold with inverted plate holders?? Second why is it o.k. for trailers to come from the factory with "inverted" plate holders?? Hell they even come with a plate light to illuminate the plate but it is still in fact a inverted plate.

Which pissed me off because how can I get busted for something that many other vehicles or trailers are in complete violation of as well?? So what did I do before going to court? I started taking pictures of trailers and motorcycles in traffic or stopped whenever I saw them.

I armed myself with proof that I wasn't the only guy doing it on the streets. Well when I showed my evidence to the D.A., she was like "o.k. no big deal". No big deal?? if it's not a deal then why do I get a ticked for it. Gladly, she thew it out and I was on my merry way having only wasted my time but no money(no fines).

So I think my instance is a great instance of BS laws that aren't really enforced and used a way out to give someone a ticket. Yeah it may be on the books but if it isn't enforced and many are in clear violation of it, is it really a real law then??

Lights for plates are kind of in the same boat. It's very vague(at times) and technically as long as you've got light from the break lights hitting the plate it's considered illuminated.

I think Bash was just saying to everyone. Be safe and be cautious. We all know Law Enforcement steps it up against Sportbikes in the coming season. To deny that is just fooling yourself. We all know we are riding around with targets on us and we are focused on quicker then a Goldwing every will be.

And just to ram home the fact that we are profiled. I got nailed back in 2004 up in Deckers and was told by a State Trooper and this is verbatim:

Trooper - "I pulled you over to let you know that we don't want you riding up here."
Me - "didn't know, there were roads I couldn't ride on and thought I paid my taxes like everyone else."
Trooper - "you're not listening(as he pulls down his sunglasses) I'm telling you we don't want you(sportbikers) up here and I'm pulling everyone of you I see over just to give you all this little warning."

Granted there is more to that story in fact a lot more(about 25 minutes of ass chewing and lecture) but that's another story. However, you get the jist of a profiling in my situation.

Tipys
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Tipys --- look up the definition of hypocrite.

Whats Pandora have to do with this

Bashed
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Well at least I know where my plate light is and I know everything works on my bike and what do you know never been pulled over. What is funny is the thought that the trooper had some nerve to stop you because you broke the law. As stupid as it may be (and yes I think there are stupid laws) it does not give us the right to pick and choose which ones to follow. And if you choose to do so man up and take what is coming to you instead of slaming on a person that has sworn to up hold the law as his job to protect the general public. If you know you are wrong take it and come what comes instead of this bs about oh poor me; and before calling a person a "wanna-be" know them first before you go slaming so easy to be a internet tough guy.

I guess I called that one correct. You took this personally, why? So then you do exactly what you are condeming in your last sentance. You seem to be the hypocrite now.Tell me how my plate light is a "safety" issue? It is there to illuminate the plate so law enforcement can see it easier, that is the only reason. It makes me no safer weather it is on or off. You are only fooling yourself in that belief.
It is the excuse to pull me over that this trooper used, plain and simple. Sounds like you use the same BS excuse as well. This must be brainwashed into you in Saftey 101 as you say, at the acadamy. The reality of the situation is that peace officers do "pick and choose", wether you see it or not. This was a case of profiling no matter your naive take on it. You can live in your make belive world all you want. I applaud you standing up for your fellow officer, even though he did what I said, which is wrong, just as you are. I am just relaying a incident, you are the one conjuring up unrealastict and untrue senarios and slamming people here. Here is my man up, as you say. I know my bike better than you do. How bout you stop being a hypocrite.

Bash

Doron&Katie
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 07:46 AM
FTP

Mental
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I like cops, always have. If I weren't in my current career, I'd probably be an LEO. I like talking with them and I like hearing their stories. They are peaple, and as such are subject to pre-concived notions, beliefs from past experinces and perceptions. They get bored, they get mad just like anyone else, and just like us, sometimes that will affect their behavior. I know this beucase I have friends in the feild and to saddle them with some unrealistic notion of being above their own emeotions is unrealistic and furthers a hostile attitude toward folks that 99% of the time are doing their job. If we accept that they are peaple, but deal with some pretty serious added stressors in their chosen feild of employment and gauge our actions and attitudes accordingly, our relationships go a lot smoother.

Which if you read it, was the piont of Bashes post. Understand there are peaple who simply don't like sportbikes. Some of these peaple are in law enforcement. Knowing this and not reacting like a tool everytime you get stopped will help the situation from both sides. My last stop on a bike I was speeding, he didn;t stop me becuase I was on a bike, but becuase I was speeding. I understood this and pulled over quickly and safely. Already putting the officer in a better state of mind. I showed respect and admitted my wrong doing (truth being I was a little cold and pushing it a bit). At this piont the officer had his ultimate goal, which was compliance, and let me go. This is not to far from the intial situation. The Trooper stopped the bike becuase experince has taught him that sportbikers are usually doing something wrong. Given the behavior I have seen on Powers, he's not that far off the mark. Bash was respectful, understood why he was stopped. The Trooper had compliance, the ultimate goal of law enforcement, and the situation was played out without escalation, becuase both parties recognized there was no need.

Furthermore, if you are gonna start up with this safety crap, how dangerous was the car with no tailights as opposed to a liscence plate light? LEO = peaple, peaple = beliefs and attitudes, beliefs and attitudes = profiling.

Accept it, Deal with it

YZFRydn
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 05:37 PM

Dirk

Then you're lucky. Everytime I have been pulled over it is by CU campus or on S. Boulder road. The best one was where you go under the bridge passing right by PDQ or whatever that gas station was. My girl was on the back and I was the tenth vehicle back in the right lane, Boulder Sheriff was first car in the left lane with no one behind him, he waited until we passed his car, followed me for about 30 seconds and then lit me up. He said my license plate was hard to see, uh-huh, my ass.

Side note: Out of curiosity mental, how do you get peAple from people?

TFOGGuys
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 05:58 PM
The cops pulling someone for a trumped up excuse is nothing more than a revenue fishing expedition. They use it as "probable cause" looking for things that can be real money makers: DUI, no/improper license, no/improper registration, no insurance, drugs, and warrants. They have to tell you why they are pulling you over, and it really doesn't matter if it's bullshit or not. If they find any of the above, they are playing CYA with the court to ensure it is a "good" bust. They will tend to target bikes, as some elements of the biking community tend to be pretty fast and loose with things like license, insurance, and warrants. This is the same reason you are likely to be pulled over for a burnt out tail light at 2 am on New Year's, when they more often than not would let it slide at 8 pm on a Thursday night in March.

Tipys
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Side note: Out of curiosity mental, how do you get peAple from people?

He is from Georgia and a squid.

dirkterrell
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Then you're lucky. Everytime I have been pulled over it is by CU campus or on S. Boulder road.

Maybe there is another explanation. I ride by CU and on S. Boulder road all the time. I have passed or been passed by many cops all over town, usually several per day year around. Never once stopped.

The best one was where you go under the bridge passing right by PDQ or whatever that gas station was. My girl was on the back and I was the tenth vehicle back in the right lane, Boulder Sheriff was first car in the left lane with no one behind him, he waited until we passed his car, followed me for about 30 seconds and then lit me up. He said my license plate was hard to see, uh-huh, my ass.

Is your plate mounting stock? Mine is. Maybe that's why they don't stop me (rather than just being "lucky"). I've seen many bikes with plates that are difficult or impossible to see, so I'm not surprised they get pulled over. If your plate isn't visible because it's hidden or unlit at night, then you're breaking the law.

Dirk

Mental
Wed Apr 15th, 2009, 09:05 AM
...Side note: Out of curiosity mental, how do you get peAple from people?

With a tire spoon.

I am gonna guess that is a pet peeve. But the joy of having a liberal arts degree is I can wax poetically about effective communication, is so much as it is actually not dependent on spelling and grammar. Certainly you have to know your audience, but in the end, you understood what I was saying, so HA! Classic win for me!:)

I keed I keed

...Is your plate mounting stock? Mine is. Maybe that's why they don't stop me (rather than just being "lucky"). I've seen many bikes with plates that are difficult or impossible to see, so I'm not surprised they get pulled over. If your plate isn't visible because it's hidden or unlit at night, then you're breaking the law.

Dirk

One of the things the Trooper who came to bike night told us was this is one of those behaviors they look for. You can thank the douchnozzles who run for this one. It is a classic tactic to mount your plate weird so you can run if and when you get lit up. I know I do it and others do it becuase I like the way a cleaner tail section looks. Let's be honest too, we like the racer look. But god help you if your plate has a crease from being folded up. Expect them to crawl over your bike and paperwork with a fine tooth comb if they see that.

Tipys
Wed Apr 15th, 2009, 09:14 AM
hey mental i like your thinking and will probly need your help in a fight when someone flames me for spelling and gamar. i always say in the end if you can understand what i was writing then is doesnt matter weither it was spelled right or wrong.

Cars-R-Coffins
Wed Apr 15th, 2009, 10:13 AM
So when you are hocking your bike to pay for traffic fines I will be making my bike payment with your fine money.

WOW! Stealing is one thing but bragging about it online is something different. :crazy:

Sortarican
Wed Apr 15th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I think the Trooper should have pistol whipped Mr. Bashed......

I mean what am I paying taxes for?

Mental
Wed Apr 15th, 2009, 01:21 PM

I will not have my tax money wasted on a service Ms 636 Chic does for free.

Horsman
Wed Apr 15th, 2009, 01:25 PM

I am getting BASHED at Bike Night!!! :)

http://media1.suntimes.com/multimedia/091907taser.jpg_20070919_07_27_05_447-282-400.imageContent

Sortarican
Wed Apr 15th, 2009, 01:27 PM

LOL, good point.

I am getting BASHED at Bike Night!!! :)

DON'T TASE ME BRO!!!!!

Zach929rr
Wed Apr 15th, 2009, 01:54 PM
DON'T TASE ME BRO!!!!!

Beat me to it.

And why is it that everytime I read this thread title I see the OP being pulled over and subsequently sexually molested by CSP?

brennahm
Wed Apr 15th, 2009, 03:18 PM
HAHAHA! You guys heard about the Taser??!?!

...tear...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Apr 15th, 2009, 03:34 PM
On my way home from the race school in Denver.
He was sitting towards the botton of Monument Hill like they do most of the time getting people speeding down the grade. As usual I was not speeding there as I have this inforation stored. I was following a car with one of his tailights out though. He turns on his driving lights as we pass him and I think he see's the light out, no problem for me, not. He pulls in behind me, rather agressivly, waits about 10 seconds and then lights me up.
I pull over thinking, you got to be kidding. I turn off the bike putting my hands slightly out and down and wait for him to get to me. he says,

Trooper; Your license plate light is not working
Me; really!
Trooper; yes ,why isn't it working
Me; I dont know
Trooper; It needs to be working
Me; I realize that
Trooper; where is it
Me; I don't know
Trooper; I need to see you license, registration, and insurance
Me; may I get them out of my pocket
Trooper; Sure, go ahead
Me; here they are, I seem to of misplaced my registration
Trooper; How do I know if the bike belongs to you
Me; (Thinking) You fucking prick, you already know everything about me as you pulled my file before you even got out of the car
Me; I dont know
Trooper' I'll be back, sit tight
Me; yes sir
Trooper; (about four minutes later) Here is your info
Me; Thank you (as I take my stuff back)
Trooper; I am just giving you a warning this time, if I catch you without a light on you plate I am going to have to give you a ticket
Me; Thank you, I will fix it

End of the situation

A couple of things;

He yanked me cuz I was on a sportbike, plain and simple
He was being a prick initialy
I keep my cool and didn't get a attitude
I also didn't admit to anything
I was current on all my paperwork, even though I didn't have all of it.
He let me off because I was current on my paperwork, he realized his paperwork was going to be more if he wrote me a minor equipment violation which would probably be dropped if I showed compliance, and I didn't give him an attitude, which was I think what he wanted as he was being very aggressive and kinda picking a fight so to speak.
All i can say is this, I kept my cool and it paid off.
Yea!

End of rant.

Bash
So....he pulled you over for a legitimate reason, then was cool and let you slide......and you've got a problem with that? Interesting.....:)

Knuckle Dragger
Wed Apr 15th, 2009, 09:56 PM
What am I stealing????

WOW! Stealing is one thing but bragging about it online is something different. :crazy:

Tipys
Wed Apr 15th, 2009, 10:01 PM

Plus 1

Cars-R-Coffins
Wed Apr 15th, 2009, 10:21 PM
What am I stealing????

How is this poor sap's traffic fine money going to pay your bike payment? I don't know of any municipality in the U.S. that pays officers a commission based on the traffic tickets they write unless... #1. you work in Crookedville or #2. somehow you're extorting money. So which one is it?

Mental
Thu Apr 16th, 2009, 09:13 AM
So....he pulled you over for a legitimate reason, then was cool and let you slide......and you've got a problem with that? Interesting.....:)

While he called it a rant, everyone has gotten that its a warning. Have your paperwork, don't be a dick and your conversations with the police will end a lot happier for both of you.