PDA

View Full Version : New Rumour - worth passing on

Mental
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Got this email this morning from a cruiser buddy....

Something you may want to pass on: A bud was stopped one morning this week on Marksheffel or somewhere near it on a roadblock/driver's license check. They were checking license, registration, and insurance. If you didn't have them, they weren't just ticketing, they were seizing and towing vehicles. Nasty!! - Leafer

GixxerCarrie
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 08:15 AM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30684

Ya...goes in line with this thread...good information.

modette99
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 09:31 AM

Zach929rr
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 09:56 AM
At the tune of $2,500 I don't think so, that does nothing to solve the problem.

Actually, I will have to disagree here. The $2,500 is neigh a fine, but a bond held on the vehicle for one year. If the car is caught with an unlic'd driver again within a year, the state keeps the bond. The only "fines" that are paid are impounding fees, etc to the tune of about $400. I think a $2,500 bond on a car is incentive to obtain a lic if you legally can.

On the flip, I can easily see how someone would rather leave their car in the impound and just go pick up another junker for $250.

Bashed
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Also worth mentioning, if your shit is in order, there is nothing to worry or bitch about. Just the people in charge trying to earn a buck. It been going on in this town for a long time, and not about to change anytime soon. So play the game now or play thier later, it's really your choice.

Unless of course you want it to change, then I would suggest voting out the people making and enforcing these laws. It starts with your city council and goes to the top.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Also worth mentioning, if your shit is in order, there is nothing to worry or bitch about. Just the people in charge trying to earn a buck. It been going on in this town for a long time, and not about to change anytime soon. So play the game now or play thier later, it's really your choice.

Unless of course you want it to change, then I would suggest voting out the people making and enforcing these laws. It starts with your city council and goes to the top.

I LOVE being a prick to governmental authorities (including city councils) when I am totally compliant.

Mental
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I LOVE being a prick to governmental authorities (including city councils) when I am totally compliant.

Nick, we love ya, but you like being a prick to everyone except the ladies who bring you beer.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Nick, we love ya, but you like being a prick to everyone except the ladies who bring you beer.

You got that right brotha :up: And they can make me a samitch too while their at it :D

MetaLord 9
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 03:48 PM
You got that right brotha :up: And they can make me a samitch too while their at it :D
mmmmm beer sammich........ Oh Girlie... :D

modette99
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 01:49 PM