PDA

View Full Version : Firefox users - Help

McVaaahhh
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 11:19 AM
I'm at work and can't get firefox to connect to teh interwebs.

Network connection is good as I can get IE to work just fine. I just keep getting an error message from firefox that the website is taking too long to respond.

It was working fine, and then just stopped working on Friday. I've cleared all the Browsing History, Cache, and cookies. I even reinstalled.

What else should I try?

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I've intermittently had the the same issue at work on my laptop's connection. I don't know that I've ever found a fix to it....things would spontaneously start working again for me within a short period of time. I would like to hear what is causing it tho!

willb003
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Under file the is a check box saying work offline make sure dat is unchecked, as well make sure if you have a firewall such as zonealarm or something make sure that is not block firefox from the interwebz.

Tipys
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 11:25 AM
i have never had this problem with my firefox. may want to try buying an HP guys and gals

Sean
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 11:28 AM
:dunno:
Use ie to redownload f/f or updates? Or try reinstalling f/f with the program on your hd? I don't know, these are just ideas off of the top of my head.

t_jolt
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Any Thing get setup in the back end? isa's? proxies? etc...

McVaaahhh
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Any Thing get setup in the back end? isa's? proxies? etc...

Not that I'm aware of.

Unfortunately my company outsources tech support to HP so I really don't want to make that call to have them help unless I absolutely have to. :banghead:

XJ600s
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I've had this happen on my home desktop, though what normally fixes it is repairing the network connection, and restarting the computer. Good luck!

Nick_Ninja
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I'm at work and can't get firefox to connect to teh interwebs.

Network connection is good as I can get IE to work just fine. I just keep getting an error message from firefox that the website is taking too long to respond.

It was working fine, and then just stopped working on Friday. I've cleared all the Browsing History, Cache, and cookies. I even reinstalled.

What else should I try?

What version of FF are you running? 3.0.8 is the latest.

Mother Goose
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 11:44 AM
I've had this happen on my home desktop, though what normally fixes it is repairing the network connection, and restarting the computer. Good luck!
:imwithstupid:

XJ600s
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 12:37 PM
:imwithstupid:

Ouch, for some reason, that kinda hurt... here I thought I was a genius :(

McVaaahhh
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Might have to try that. Thanks! :up:

Devaclis
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Can I remote in and take a look Brian?

McVaaahhh