PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual 244th Army Reserve Freedom Ride

Spiderman
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Received via email:

1st Annual 244th Army Reserve Freedom Ride

Where:

We are going to ride the Pike to Pike Highway.

When:

May 16th, we will start about 8:30 in the morning. Sign in will start at 7:30.

Start Place:

The start place will be at SGT. O’Brien’s home at 629 McKinley Ave in Fort Lupton. Sign in will be there. (Look for the Oklahoma flag on the porch)

Finnish:

The finish will be at SSG. Phebus’s home in Platteville. Either we will finish at his home or at the park depending on number of riders. We plan to have a BBQ at the end that is included with the entry fee. RSVP if at all possible so we can prep the proper amount of food and drink. Thank you.

Reason:

The 244th Family Support plans to start this as an annual event to help raise money for its cause. There is a growing number of solders family’s that are impacted by deployments and other events and the family support is there to help in anyway it can, 100% of the money raised in this goes into this fund. This event is open to the public and you don’t need two wheels to enter. If you have a car and want to tag along you are more than welcome. Tell all your friends and come spend a day enjoying one of Colorado’s scenic routs to help raise money to help those families that give a lot for our Freedom.

Cost:

The cost is 25.00 per bike or car.

Routs:

Rout 1

We will start at Fort Lupton and leave out west on HWY 52 up through Boulder and up the Boulder Canyon. Turn north on Hwy 72 at Nederland. We will continue north to Estes Park. Feel free to stop along the way to take picture of historic sites. At Estes Park we will head south on HWY 36 east to Lyons and down past the north side of Longmont on Hwy 66 into Platteville. The end point is on Main Street at the park, Turn north at the school. You can’t miss it. SSG. Phebus’s address is 305 Cherry Ave.

Rout 2

Same as one except when you are on Hwy 72 and you get to Hwy 7. Turn north east and head to Lyons and on down to Longmont, and on into Platteville.

(Rout maps will be available at sign in)

RSVP with ether SGT. O’Brien 303-304-4042 or SSG. Phebus 720-308-0067. Or contact Amber Phebus 303-881-2069.

SaShWhO
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I'll ride if I can wear my ACUs and Tanker boots without any negative feedback or laughter.

Airreed
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Where is the Pike to Pike Highway....how about Peak to Peak

and we spell Soldiers not solders....

PCIs and PCCs

...and now i'll get back to my staff job!