PDA

View Full Version : Texas says FU

Shea
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 11:12 AM
http://governor.state.tx.us/news/press-release/12227/

“I believe that our federal government has become oppressive in its size, its intrusion into the lives of our citizens, and its interference with the affairs of our state”

noooooo, ya think????

Tipys
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 11:17 AM
its only TX

~Barn~
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 11:41 AM
We should have let them start their own country, when they wanted to, the first time. :lol:

Sean
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 11:43 AM
We should have let them start their own country, when they wanted to, the first time. :lol:Most of them still believe it is their own country. I've lived there, F'em back!

Shea
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 11:46 AM
its only TX

Hopefully others will follow suit.

Rhino
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 02:51 PM
I heard that Indiana just got a secession bill passed by numbers like 43-4, citing similar grievances. Can't find a legitimate news source to confirm.

Georgia 4/1/09 http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2009_10/search/sr632.htm

"VI. Further infringements on the right to keep and bear arms including prohibitions of type or quantity of arms or ammunition; and "

Good ol' rednecks.

http://sovereign.ohiofreedom.com/wordpress/

ZX9Rider
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Good for them. Let them hear the voices of the little people instead of saying what the people want to hear.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I say give Texass back to the Mexicans.

ZX9Rider
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 03:46 PM
its only TX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP8YnOADO3E&feature=quicklist&playnext=2&playnext_from=QL

ZX9Rider
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 03:52 PM
I say give Texass back to the Mexicans.
What are you going to do about the other states that want the same thing? It gets harder to silence people in mass. I'll take Colorado if your going to give it away for going against the Federal government.:crazy:

Nick_Ninja
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 03:56 PM
What are you going to do about the other states that want the same thing? It gets harder to silence people in mass. I'll take Colorado if your going to give it away for going against the Federal government.:crazy:

I have no qualms about TX going against the Federal Government. I do take exceptions to Texans in general though. The fuckers have placed some real winners in the whitehouse. :321:

Shea
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 04:04 PM
I have no qualms about TX going against the Federal Government. I do take exceptions to Texans in general though. The fuckers have placed some real winners in the whitehouse. :321:

lol, well he has a point :)

Ok, this freaks me out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1QiSi0_kTo

Alpha Omega, really? Creepy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s&feature=related

Building his army.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 04:10 PM
lol, well he has a point :)

Ok, this freaks me out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1QiSi0_kTo

Alpha Omega, really? Creepy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s&feature=related

Building his army.

It's all on 24 on Monday nights on FOX. If it's on FOX it has to be true. :D

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 04:13 PM
That is freaky...where all the white folk at?

Shea
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 04:13 PM
It's all on 24 on Monday nights on FOX. If it's on FOX it has to be true. :D

That's why I watch MSNBC, because Keith Olbermann is much more objective and honest :)

Shea
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 04:14 PM
That is freaky...where all the white folk at?

At Sportsmans Warehouse...

Nick_Ninja
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 04:21 PM
That's why I watch MSNBC, because Keith Olbermann is much more objective and honest :)

And Rachael Maddow is so HAWT :drool:

(not)

The Black Knight
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I have to agree, I've always been in favor of States rights and I've always believed that if a State wants Secession, then by all means a state should be allowed to secede from the Union.

People seem to forget we are a nation of "50" individual states. While we are "United" we still are "50" individual states, that have our own state governments in place. States could function without the Feds in my opinion because we have our own governments in place.

The way it should be is that the Federal governments responsibilities are to keep our national borders secure, provide a mail system, manage and maintain Interstate highways and print currency for general use in all 50 states. Other than that, the FEDS are way to big for their britches and it's the "50" states that have let them get to big.

But I have to stand by my belief in that all States should declare their sovereignty and send a wake up call to the BS in D.C. to keep their noses out of State's Rights. Same belief goes with Secession, I can't fault a state that wants to secede peacefully and by protocol. I also can't fault a state that wants to secede by force either, it's their State and not the Federal governments.

Lastly, leave up to the damn Texans to start this. HAHA I can't complain, I've got tons of family that are Texans.

ZX9Rider
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 04:28 PM

Bush is out of office last I heard. Your going to have to blame someone else conservitive in power if you need a scapegoat. Kenya has given us a much better president... at least he's present.

Shea
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Bush is out of office last I heard. Your going to have to blame someone else conservitive in power if you need a scapegoat. Kenya has given us a much better president... at least he's present.

Don't think he was blaming Bush for anything, just calling him a crappy President.

Of course LBJ sucked as well, and gave us the welfare state and Vietnam. Oh and most likely killed JFK.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Don't think he was blaming Bush for anything, just calling him a crappy President.

Of course LBJ sucked as well, and gave us the welfare state and Vietnam. Oh and most likely killed JFK.

God Damn It you frickin Right Winger ---- It appears we have reached common ground with your last statement.

Shea
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 04:39 PM
God Damn It you frickin Right Winger ---- It appears we have reached common ground with your last statement.

Bah, right-winger. Right-wingers want to control my life just as much as you hippie liberal (excuse me, progressive) ass clowns do. :)

TFOGGuys
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 05:08 PM

they're ALL behind the curve... Colorado did this in 1994....

STATE OF COLORADO
BY REPRESENTATIVES Duke, May, (et al.)
ALSO SENATORS Roberts, Ament, (et al.)

HOUSE JOINT RESOLUTION 94-1035

WHEREAS, The 10th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States reads as follows:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."; and

WHEREAS, The 10th Amendment defines the total scope of federal power as being that specifically granted by the United States Constitution and no more; and

WHEREAS, The scope of powers defined by the 10th Amendment means that the federal government was created by the States specifically to be an agent of the States; and

WHEREAS, Today, in 1994, the States are demonstrably treated as agents of the federal government; and

WHEREAS, Numerous resolutions have been forwarded to the federal government by the Colorado General Assembly without any response or result from Congress or the federal government; and

WHEREAS, Many federal mandates are directly in violation of the 10th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States; and

WHEREAS, The United States Supreme Court has ruled in New York v. United States, 112 S. Ct. 2408 (1992), that Congress may not simply commandeer the legislative and regulatory processes of the States; and

WHEREAS, A number of proposals from prior administrations and many now pending from the present administration and from Congress may further violate the United States Constitution; now, therefore,

Be It Resolved by the House of Representatives of the Fifty-ninth General Assembly of the State of Colorado, a sovereign Republic, the Senate concurring herein:

1. That the State of Colorado hereby claims sovereignty, under the 10th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the United States Constitution.
2. That this Resolution shall serve as Notice and Demand that the federal government, as our agent, is hereby instructed, effective immediately, to cease and desist, any and all mandates that are beyond the scope of its Constitutionally authorized powers.

Be It Further Resolved, That copies of this Resolution be sent to the President of the United States, the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, the President of the United States Senate, and each legislative house of each State of the United States of America, and Colorado's Congressional Delegation.

signed) Charles E.Berry, Speaker of the House of Representatives
signed) Tom Norton, President of the Senate

signed) Judith Rodrigue, Chief Clerk of the House of Representatives
signed) Joan M. Albi, Secretary of the Senate

of course, it's done exactly fuck-all for us since then....

AetasMutuo
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 05:45 PM
I think we are better with the "United States of America" rather than the "50 States of America." Without central authority and unity the individual states would not have a chance. California could annex Oregon because they need the water or other resources. Texas and Oklahoma could have a disagreement and pass a law requiring travel papers/permission going in or out of their states. It would not be long until all states would require only natural born citizens of their respective state to be in state government. The United States Constitution would be superseded by Constitutions at the state level which would make recognizing the Bill of Rights for all Americans optional state to state.

You would no longer be a citizen of the United States; you would be a citizen of whatever state you live in first and only. They tried the idea of a weak central government the first time around, it did not work well then and I feel it would fare even worse now.

I think that federal authority should be kept in check, it should be watched closely and there should be more transparency. However, I believe that having 50 states acting like 50 little countries is absolutely the wrong direction for (arguably) the most powerful nation in the global economy.

brennahm
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 06:14 PM
^+1

Besides, you don't want a stock market? Or you want 50 of them? Who would regulate it?

There are thousands of reasons we have a central government as much as it may seem to suck at first glance...

ZX9Rider
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Many of us could live without a stock market and even a federal government. There is no need for either of them unless you want to send your money somewhere.

The Black Knight
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 06:54 PM
The United States Constitution would be superseded by Constitutions at the state level which would make recognizing the Bill of Rights for all Americans optional state to state.

No the Constitution wouldn't because if we were to follow it like it was initially drafted. Then "The Constitution" would still be the law of the land covering the entire country. But with the 10 Amendment giving the powers not of the Federal government but to the States.

If we would have followed that and kept to it. I don't think we'd be in the problem we are in now. We'd still be a great country but the reach of Federal government would be alot more limited.

Of course States would(and already have) their own State Constitutions. Why? in order to handle matters of the state. However the Constitution of the US would still be supreme. Note, that I say the Constitution would be supreme and not the Federal government. I think that's what alot of people are after, taking away the power that the Feds have usurped and giving it back to the states where it belongs.

Because now that we've got all of this "bailing out" going on. The Feds are issuing basically ultimatums along with the money. "yeah, you can have it but you've got to do this in return." Whatever happened to just helping out States for the sake of helping them out?? Why the need for this Quid Pro Quo reaction? Because I'd bet if the shoe was on the other foot, the Feds would be like "thanks, but no thanks we'll deal with this on our own." And that's the states are saying at this point.

dirkterrell
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 07:08 PM
I think we are better with the "United States of America" rather than the "50 States of America." Without central authority and unity the individual states would not have a chance.

These resolutions aren't about secession. They are about reaffirming states' rights as set forth in the constitution, specifically amendment 10. The Federal government is granted certain powers. Many believe it has greatly exceeded those powers.

Dirk

Dietrich_R1
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 09:46 PM
You would no longer be a citizen of the United States; you would be a citizen of whatever state you live in first and only. They tried the idea of a weak central government the first time around, it did not work well then and I feel it would fare even worse now.

Everyone wants someone to blame & no accountability. There was a town I grew up near that annexed from the government. You should see it now... CRAP!!

I think that federal authority should be kept in check, it should be watched closely and there should be more transparency. However, I believe that having 50 states acting like 50 little countries is absolutely the wrong direction for (arguably) the most powerful nation in the global economy. [/QUOTE]

I think that's what the all of these states considering annexing from the union. Who's not sick of all the crap the federal gov't has been pulling. Who's been watching them closely, since they are above any higher power. That's why they can't be in power??

Hell, live down here in AZ, & you could write a book on Sherriff Joe Crapio alone... He was taking fingerprints for any stop & if you didn't then U go directly to jail!!!! I give them willingly for my right to the CCW, but the only finger they're gonna get is my middle one on a stop for no reason!!

Filo
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 10:08 PM
The resolution is nothing more than a populist gesture designed to drum up support for the Republican party for the mid term election. They have determined that some people are concerned that the current Federal government is overstepping its bounds and they are attempting to rally people around that cause. It means nothing other than the Texas Republicans have started working on reversing the losses of the last election. I remember the '94 version here in Colorado. Last I checked there was no armed insurgence after that.

Wintermute
Wed Apr 15th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Poor Governor Goodhair, being forced to accept 10s of billions. On top of that injustice, the Feds insisting that it actually be used to help people in this time of crisis instead of paying down the fucking debt.

Boo-hoo, I'll play a tune on the world's smallest violin for the assclown.

Devaclis
Wed Apr 15th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I firmly believe everything I read in this thread.

Wintermute
Wed Apr 15th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Well, the Fed/State debate is one of the oldest in our country.

AetasMutuo
Wed Apr 15th, 2009, 04:50 PM
The resolution is nothing more than a populist gesture designed to drum up support for the Republican party for the mid term election.

Well, the Fed/State debate is one of the oldest in our country.

You both nailed it. I think that Filo really zeroed in on the real crux of the issue.