PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a dirt bike!!!

jmac
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I have been riding a street bike for a year and I absolutely enjoyed all my time on the bike. I now want to try to experience a what a dirt bike can offer. I am looking to buy a dirt bike but don't have a start on finding one. I am looking for something about at the 250cc level and have the spending of about $2000.

If anyone could help with feedback, where to start or is selling a dirt bike. Please let me know.

brennahm
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 09:11 PM
I'm no dirt expert, but maybe someone else on here can make a reccomendation on what kind and displacement?

For instance, a 250 2stroke motocrosser is NOT a beginner bike while a 250 Honda XR would be. Just throwin that out there...

Bueller
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 09:17 PM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30600

If an old man can ride it.................:lol:

YZFRydn
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I was going to say I am selling my 03 450F for around there but that might be a little much for you if you're just starting out.

I'm a die hard Yamadog so I recommend taking a look at the YZ250F, it also depends on how big you are. As for trying to pick up a 2-stroke nowadays, I don't recommend it. 4-strokes are dominating the market.

FZRguy
Tue Apr 14th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Not a thing wrong with 2 strokes...cheap to buy and maintain, good for track and trail, weighs less than a 250F, will eat a 250F for a snack, etc. Maybe not the best bike for a rank beginner but okay if you have some form of motorcycle exp. Just so happens my buddy has this premo CR250 (1998 I think) for $2k. Bike has been rebuilt and has been sitting in his garage for at least two years. I'd buy it myself if I could.