PDA

View Full Version : Seca III?

TFOGGuys
Thu Apr 16th, 2009, 04:58 PM
http://www.wired.com/reviews/product/pr_yamaha_fz6r_0415

I still think is has too much plastic for an entry level bike, and frame sliders ought to be standard, but maybe Japan, Inc. has finally gotten the message that maiming people does not build customer loyalty....

ChrisCBX
Thu Apr 16th, 2009, 05:57 PM
That bike should be a hit.

One of things that sport bike makers don't get the message on is seat height. The adjustable seat height on this bike should be a nice feature. This bike does sound like an updated XJ600S Seca II and the Seca II is still a nice bike, even today. Like a Seca II, the new FZ6R should be able to transition from a newb bike to an intermediate or maybe even permanent bike for some folks.

I liked the comment...........

Ever thought "that guy can't ride" after some kid on a crotch rocket cuts you off on the freeway? There's a good chance you're right. Yamaha says one-third of the people purchasing sportbikes are first-time motorcycle buyers. That's the two-wheeled equivalent of getting a pilot's license and joining the Blue Angels.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Great idea. An entry-level bike, with above-average (for the class) suspension. Should sell just fine.

Sean
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 09:41 AM
It's a nice lookin bike. I bet it's fun to ride in the canyons and yet really well suited for commuting. But what's up with those mirrors? Reminds me of the trucks with extended mirrors to see past the trailer. HUGE :shocked:

Think
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I would definitely say they are also trying to target a specific audience with those graphics...

Nick_Ninja
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I would definitely say they are also trying to target a specific audience with those graphics...

The graFX are :slappers:

asp_125
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 09:58 AM
I think manufacturers are finally starting to clue into the market for lower tier sportbikes. Like with the new Ninja 250, the Ninja 650R, GSX-650F, and this. There needs to be a selection of newer bikes for noobs rather than putting them onto the latest RR and liter sports.

Too bad that Suzuki is softening up the naked SV with the Gladius though, but meh.. they'll still have the S model.

Jim_Vess
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 09:58 PM
I want one. It would be a good replacement for my old, tired '81 Seca 550.

XJ600s
Sat Apr 18th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Well, I'm a little biased with my first bike being a Seca2 and all, but on the Seca2 board, we've been aware of this bike for quite a while. The Seca2 is an amazing starter bike, and even after you've been riding for a while, is still tons of fun to ride. I got it because being a white male under 25 when I first got a bike it was cheap to insure but relatively new that a shop would still work on it (turns out they don't).

I've gotten to know my bike quite well over the last 2 years, and am looking to upgrade, but I don't foresee myself getting the Seca3, just because the seat height on even my bike is a little too low for me. Plus, I'd like to ride something a little more powerful (even though the Seca3 will be a big improvement over my current bike).