PDA

View Full Version : The noob ride May 3rd...

FortitudoX
Thu Apr 16th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Soo I was thinking about cruising down to the noob ride on the 3rd and wanted to see if anyone else was going to come down through Boulder?

I'm not a noob, and can only stand large groups for so long but figured it would be a good way to meet some local riders, so if anyone else was interested maybe we could find our own way back after awhile...

-D

mopoet178
Thu Apr 16th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Me and another couple dudes are meeting at the shell gas station at 28th and baseline at 9am that morning. You are welcome to join in

Fugayzin
Thu Apr 16th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Soo I was thinking about cruising down to the noob ride on the 3rd and wanted to see if anyone else was going to come down through Boulder?

I'm not a noob, and can only stand large groups for so long but figured it would be a good way to meet some local riders, so if anyone else was interested maybe we could find our own way back after awhile...

-D

Meet at the shell gas station on 28th & Baseline at 8:30am. Kickstand up and rolling out by 8:45am. This will give us plenty of time to ride down to Morrison and allow us to introduce ourselves to others before the pre-ride for the actual meet.

-John

mopoet178
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 10:28 AM
8:30 at shell. Gotcha

Orange Crush
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 12:32 PM
I'll be there if weather and live circumstances permit. Look forward to see all the great CSC faces.
Best Regards,
Newt.

FortitudoX
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Sweet thats only a stone's throw from my house, I'll plan on being there by 8:30. Thanks for the response.

-D

Orange Crush
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 03:44 PM
May a please have the when (Time) and where (address) so that I can show up?
Thank you in advance,
Newt.

SumoWeezle
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Hey Newt,

they're talking about a meet up for the Noob ride in Boulder. The majority of the Northies are meeting at our usually place and time. check this thread:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30792

Orange Crush
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Hey Newt,

they're talking about a meet up for the Noob ride in Boulder. The majority of the Northies are meeting at our usually place and time. check this thread:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30792

Look forward to see you my friend. That's why you are internationally known. Thank you for your help.
Best Regards,
Newt.

Fugayzin
Sat Apr 18th, 2009, 02:45 AM
May a please have the when (Time) and where (address) so that I can show up?
Thank you in advance,
Newt.

The address for the Shell gas station for GoogleMap purposes is:

2877 Baseline Road
Boulder, CO 80303

Sweet thats only a stone's throw from my house, I'll plan on being there by 8:30. Thanks for the response.

-D

No problem man. I picked that place because it was pretty much the closest spot for everyone to meet at, plus you can fuel up before the ride so we're already ready when we get to Morrison.

FortitudoX
Sat May 2nd, 2009, 08:19 PM
Soo they postponed the ride on the account of weather. Anyone still want to ride assuming the weather isn't too terrible? I probably won't check this by tomorrow so feel free to call me at 303 868 6201.

mopoet178
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 02:22 AM
im in. Looks like weather is gunna clear up by noon according to weather.com. my cell 720.841.3016

willb003
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 07:43 AM
I might be down depending on if it is warm enuff.

k_smittay
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
You guys still down to ride? Do a little northern ride along the lakes then head down to Gibbys to watch some MotoGP action???

720-261-8893

-Kevin

SaShWhO
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 08:57 AM
if I get relived from kid duty by lunch I might join in for a little chillaxed cruise.

willb003
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 09:07 AM
Yeah i guess it is warming up enuff.

k_smittay
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 09:12 AM
Mid to high 50's. Low 60's after lunch.... Sounds prefect. Where are you guys located? Care to watch motoGP down in denver at Gibby's sportsbar? Maybe a quick ride through the hills?

mtnairlover
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 09:15 AM
Just a word of caution if anyone is gonna be riding in the hills...remember we just had a couple of days of rainy weather and the run-off, as well as rock slides will have littered the roads with gravel and rocks.

I know..."Shut up, Mom!" I just don't want to read anything about someone biffing it cuz of gravel later today...ok.

k_smittay
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 09:20 AM
Just a word of caution if anyone is gonna be riding in the hills...remember we just had a couple of days of rainy weather and the run-off, as well as rock slides will have littered the roads with gravel and rocks.

I know..."Shut up, Mom!" I just don't want to read anything about someone biffing it cuz of gravel later today...ok.

Good looking out. I dont plan on racing through the hills today though. PLUS... I am thinking about installing the training wheels. Can't fall with them. :)

mtnairlover
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 09:24 AM
Good looking out. I dont plan on racing through the hills today though. PLUS... I am thinking about installing the training wheels. Can't fall with them. :)

:lol:...don't forget to wrap yourselves in bubble-wrap, too...:up:

k_smittay
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 09:44 AM
:lol:...don't forget to wrap yourselves in bubble-wrap, too...:up:

Allright so it is settled.... if anyone is down.. and I am sure people are. Lets meet at Buffalo Wild wings in longmont at 1pm. We can do an easy ride through the hills and head back to BWW to watch the racing at 3pm. Everyone is welcome and it is going to be a real easy ride.

2303 Clover Basin Dr
Longmont, CO 80503
(303) 485-9464

My cell 720-261-8893

-Kevin

mopoet178
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 11:07 AM
Im there, and probably bringing a couple other people. We probably wont be sticking around for motogp, but we'll see you at 1

SaShWhO
Mon May 4th, 2009, 09:38 AM
how did the ride go???

mopoet178
Mon May 4th, 2009, 10:48 AM
It went great, I think we had a total of 8 bikes show up. The ride was spirited but not haulin ass. As the only noobie there, I think I learned a lot! 'Twas a good ride round the lakes!

SaShWhO
Mon May 4th, 2009, 11:01 AM
:up:

eg bter
Mon May 4th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Wasn't it postponed :wtf:

DATE CHANGE - THE NOOB RIDE!!! - Sunday May 17
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30732

SaShWhO
Mon May 4th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Wasn't it postponed :wtf:

DATE CHANGE - THE NOOB RIDE!!! - Sunday May 17
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30732

Wayne!
slap yourself fool.
this was a different ride a few roughnecks planned that wanted to ride no matter what.

Stank Juic3
Mon May 4th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Glad your ride went good. Last night my girl ran out of gas. battery died trying to start......Finally I jump start it, switch to her to reserve, then it start slammin us with rain about 10 mile away from my house.......weak sause.

eg bter
Mon May 4th, 2009, 01:37 PM
dang...i would have went had i known

FortitudoX
Mon May 4th, 2009, 02:32 PM
how did the ride go???

Aye was a good run, great way to ease into the season. The route we took (that I can't remember for the life of me) was for the most part quite clean. It was set up last minute, once we realized the other run cancelled. I couldn't even tell yah were a noob mopoet, yah held with us quite well. Anyways thanks for the run, well lead and I'll hopefully catch yah guys again soon.

Sean
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Meet at the shell gas station on 28th & Baseline at 8:30am. Kickstand up and rolling out by 8:45am. You guys still doing this on Sunday? Mind if a :turtle: joins you?

XJ600s
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I still should be able to make it, see you guys at the Shell at 8:30am bright and early!

Sean
Fri May 15th, 2009, 11:06 AM
I still should be able to make it, see you guys at the Shell at 8:30am bright and early!:up: See ya there.

mopoet178
Fri May 15th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I couldn't even tell yah were a noob mopoet, yah held with us quite well.

Maybe Im a noob, maybe Im not. I think I am, but thats cuz I think its better to be humble than it is to be boastful about skills I may or may not have.

I have 1 full year and ~6500 miles of seat time, so I am definitely still on the steep side of the learning curve. So you decide if im a noob...