PDA

View Full Version : Extremely scary......

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 09:31 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20090416/wl_mcclatchy/3214054;_ylt=An5Sl65T8UWw2ofP6grtGn0DW7oF

Remember, they are a nuclear country........:shocked:

The extremists get a hold of nukes and it would make 9/11 seem like a picnic.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:43 AM
Bump.....

Big-J
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:48 AM
You really wanna talk about this don't you, Frank? :lol:
Im sure BK will crawl out from his bunker and respond soon enough. :)

2009RavenR1
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:53 AM
We'll take care of them in a few years.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:03 AM
If I get nuked I guess I don't have to pay my mortgage :think:

MetaLord 9
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:18 AM
I don't suppose they could get into a scuffle with North Korea and just conviently blow each other off the map...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:21 AM
If I get nuked I guess I don't have to pay my mortgage :think:
THAT'S the way to look on the bright side!:)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:27 AM
You really wanna talk about this don't you, Frank? :lol:
Im sure BK will crawl out from his bunker and respond soon enough. :)
Actually, I think EVERYONE should talk about this. I think you'd be stupid NOT to be concerned. They are a country with a good supply of nukes, and a "government" on the verge of collapse and capitulation to the extremist Islamic nutjobs. The first thing they'll do is engage India as they're bitter enemies, who has MORE nukes. That would totally suck, but the scariest thing is that some of those ballistic nukes WILL end up in the extremests's hands, and you can bet they'll be used here. So, yeah, everybody SHOULD be scared. VERY scared. I can pretty much guarantee thst if Pakistan falls, we'll have at least one suicide nuclear attack here.

LambeauXLIV
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 12:04 PM
Who would they rather attack, the US or Israel?

Snowman
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 12:14 PM
Fine Frank, lets play…
Got allot of talk her about what could happen but not many suggestions on how to prevent it.

What are you ideas?

2009RavenR1
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 12:20 PM
LOL how to prevent it.... We all know how. US INVASION!

Snowman
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 12:32 PM
LOL how to prevent it.... We all know how. US INVASION!
We are already there in Afghanistan. You know that place we are already trying reinforce with troops that use to be in Iraq and that our current president was ridiculed for saying if something happens in Pakistan that their government couldn’t or wouldn’t react to, we would cross the border to handle it…

2009RavenR1
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 12:36 PM
We have been crossing the border for the past 4 years. Nothing new.. What pakistan doesn't know wont hurt them.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 02:46 PM
Fine Frank, lets play…
Got allot of talk her about what could happen but not many suggestions on how to prevent it.

What are you ideas?
That will be difficult. Offhand I'd say abandon Iraq, go to Pakistan, account for and secure the nukes. Now, wether that could be done while the current gov't is in place is the question. Tricky situation, for sure. I do believe it is by far the greatest nuclear threat we've faced since the Cuban crisis, and most likely worse. The Russians at least were intelligent, industrious, and had an objective. The suicidal extremists simply seek to destroy all not like them, especially us. God help us if they get a hold of them.

The fallback is, of course.......nuke and pave!:)

Wintermute
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 05:01 PM
Yeah, it's some scary shit, but I think people don't understand that NW Pakistan <> the rest of the country. Pakistan is much more urban and developed than Afghanistan.

Karachi is the 20th largest city in the world, Islamabad has nearly 5 million, etc. Unlike the displaced-in-the-80s Afghans populating the NW, those city dwellers aren't going to put up with bearded religious fascists running around with rulers making sure that their chin-pubes are holy-length and beating women for uncovered hair.

Frankly, I think that the Taliban are going to bite off more than they can chew trying to trying to take over Pakistan. Karachi ain't some cowtown like Kandahar.

Also, if the country breaks up into warring factions, who do you think we're going to go after with hammer-and-tongs every time they mass over a dozen forces? Our old Taliban buddies in the NW.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah, it's some scary shit, but I think people don't understand that NW Pakistan <> the rest of the country. Pakistan is much more urban and developed than Afghanistan.

Karachi is the 20th largest city in the world, Islamabad has nearly 5 million, etc. Unlike the displaced-in-the-80s Afghans populating the NW, those city dwellers aren't going to put up with bearded religious fascists running around with rulers making sure that their chin-pubes are holy-length and beating women for uncovered hair.

Frankly, I think that the Taliban are going to bite off more than they can chew trying to trying to take over Pakistan. Karachi ain't some cowtown like Kandahar.

Also, if the country breaks up into warring factions, who do you think we're going to go after with hammer-and-tongs every time they mass over a dozen forces? Our old Taliban buddies in the NW.
Well, I find it scary that the gov't has already capitulated and let the extremists have part of the country under Islamic law already. What if we'd let the South seceed(sp?) and keep slavery?

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 06:17 PM

I'll bet a lot of Iranians thought the same thing prior to 1979.

Dirk

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 08:48 AM
More:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_pakistan

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 04:59 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30361451?GT1=43001

Jason ON
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 07:56 PM
Sounds to me like we shouldn't have been wasting time and effort in Iraq for the past 6 years, but instead should have been hunting down al-Qaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan with serious intent. Now we have Talibani forces setting up shop in Pakistan (an allied state, no less) and we're too drained militarily and finanically to do anything about it. Gotta love Bush policies.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 08:54 PM
Sounds to me like we shouldn't have been wasting time and effort in Iraq for the past 6 years, but instead should have been hunting down al-Qaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan with serious intent. Now we have Talibani forces setting up shop in Pakistan (an allied state, no less) and we're too drained militarily and finanically to do anything about it. Gotta love Bush policies.
Hindsight is always 20/20, genius.:)

One strategically-placed Nuke can solve our Tally-Ban problems in Pakistan.....:)