PDA

View Full Version : what do ya think, guys

mtnairlover
Sun Apr 19th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I got a new camera. She ain't fancy shmancy, but I got a discount cuz it was the display model and it was on clearance. It's the Canon PowerShot A2000IS.

I like that the blue in the sky is blue and not hazy like my other camera was starting to do to most of the pix...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/flatironres-1.jpg

What's your opinions? There's some settings on it that I didn't notice until I got home to play with it, but it's got a snow setting, so the snow-capped mountains won't come out so washed out too much anymore. I kinda like that.

I guess I'll have all summer to test it.

gtn
Sun Apr 19th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I think that's the same camera Rae has. It does a pretty good job.

BigE
Sun Apr 19th, 2009, 04:40 PM
I think you should cut the powerlines in the background as they destract from the overall photo composition.

Nice Cath! :up:

Sean
Sun Apr 19th, 2009, 04:44 PM
It must be broken, it still looks like a Kawi. :slappers:

I have a powershot that's a year or so old, got a 2gb card for it and set everything to the highest level. I like the pics that way a lot more. Congrats on the new camera :up:

mtnairlover
Sun Apr 19th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I think you should cut the powerlines in the background as they destract from the overall photo composition.

I'll get right on it...lol.

It must be broken, it still looks like a Kawi. :slappers:

Well, at least she runs...:p

Thanks guys. We'll see if I can keep from dropping the camera...well, for at least a year...I hope. I think that's what messed up my other camera.

Think
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Lookin' pretty sharp to me.

mistykz
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 12:19 AM
I was actually looking at buying one of those cameras...you think they're worth it?

mtnairlover
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 08:05 AM
I was actually looking at buying one of those cameras...you think they're worth it?

Don't move quite yet on the camera. I need to play around with the settings and see if I can get better pix out of it. Jury is still out on this one.

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:56 AM
Use that camera for some good....

titsorgtfo

:D

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:58 AM
I like it! The best thing is that you need to get out and ride to take more :) Go take MOAR!!!

BeoBe
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:03 AM
looks really good, nice and clear.. might have to see about toning down the brightness just a little, will make the picture look a little better

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:07 AM
Are you running it on full auto Cathy? That is a pretty powerful cam and you can adjust just about everything on it. I have no idea what ANY of the settings do, but you can change them!

sugarrey
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:15 AM
You really can't go wrong with a canon period. Nice pic bro. Mikes camera has full ON camera classes that will show you how to work it, even if you didnt buy it there get to know someone for a few minutes and they'll hook you up....There is sooooo much to know about the ins and outs of a digi

Have fun!

mtnairlover
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 12:43 PM
You really can't go wrong with a canon period. Nice pic bro. Mikes camera has full ON camera classes that will show you how to work it, even if you didnt buy it there get to know someone for a few minutes and they'll hook you up....There is sooooo much to know about the ins and outs of a digi

Have fun!

I love it when people comment on my posts and don't know me...lol.

Yep, I'll work on the settings. Since I had just bought it and was too antsy to sit and fiddle around with settings, I just went for a ride and shot the darn thing on full Auto. I'm also a tad bit of a geek, so I do like to play around with things.:D

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 12:44 PM
Obama, please.....get out and ride! And take pics so I can live vicariously through your photos and then be bitter because you are out riding :)

mtnairlover
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 12:51 PM
lol...damn...funny man

I rode in to work today. Sun wasn't up when I came in, so I hugged my engine when I could, but every time I came up on a stop light, the darn thing turned green before I could put my feet down....lol. I'm riding every day the rest of the week. Will have to try and get up into the hills sometime, too.

Oh and hey...you ride more than me...so you post your pix and make me drool. =D

Oh and ain't nothing like packing up the tank bag with hair dryer and office clothes...god, what a dork!

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 12:54 PM
If I could find a server that would host 2GB video files and let me link them I could help you waste an entire month :)

mtnairlover
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 12:59 PM
lol...damn...back to work for me

Thanks for the reminder :-)

BeoBe
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 09:52 PM
If I could find a server that would host 2GB video files and let me link them I could help you waste an entire month :)

Hey youtube finally upped their max vid size to 1gb.. Pretty cool since everywhere else i found over 100mb you had to pay for a membership!:hump: