PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4/20!!!

eklew
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Didn't see if this was posted or not. Other than it being my brother's birthday, happy 4/20 everybody. :siesta::siesta::siesta::siesta::siesta::siesta::s iesta::siesta:

~Barn~
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Get some...

sour cream and onion chips...

with some dip, man.

Some beef jerky.
Some peanut butter.

Get some Haagen Dazs ice cream bars. A whole lot.

Make sure chocolate.
Gotta have chocolate, man....

Some popcorn. Bread. Popcorn.
Graham crackers.

Graham crackers with the marshmallows,
the little marshmallows.

And little chocolate bars.
We'll make some smores, man....

Also celery, grape jelly, Captain Crunch
with the little crunch berries.

Pizzas.
We need two big pizzas, man.
Everything on 'em....

With water, whole lot of water!

~Barn~
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 05:31 PM
And....... Funyuns!

PhL0aTeR
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Happy 420!!! Hope this post finds you in the trees... http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/PhL0aTeR/bongin.gif

Nick_Ninja
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 05:52 PM
The CU campus smells like Humboldt County CA :siesta:

Zach929rr
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Get me a box of condoms.

And what was that shit we used to get all the time back in the day....??

pussy. Get me a box of pussy.

<3 Half-baked.

Edit: Barn, 10/10. Way to go the distance on the quote.

zetaetatheta
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 06:02 PM
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78/manitoumike/fjfOv.jpg

Vehicle 1
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 06:13 PM
yaaaaaaaahhh......

dm_gsxr
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Didn't see if this was posted or not. Other than it being my brother's birthday, happy 4/20 everybody. :siesta::siesta::siesta::siesta::siesta::siesta::s iesta::siesta:

And my birthday. Pass along a happy birthday to my long lost twin :D

Carl

64BonnieLass
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Alrighty then! I have no clue what 4/20 day is. Is this yet ANOTHER day that you guys made up for blow jobs??? Cause I'm pretty sure one day should be enough to get you by. :) Seriously!!!

But happy birthday to those who's birthday it is, and happy day to those who are having a happy day. :bday:

And, why do you need a condom on this specific day? What????? Well, happy day to you too then. Good for you tiger! :D

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Alrighty then! I have no clue what 4/20 day is. Is this yet ANOTHER day that you guys made up for blow jobs??? Cause I'm pretty sure one day should be enough to get you by. :) Seriously!!!

But happy birthday to those who's birthday it is, and happy day to those who are having a happy day. :bday:

And, why do you need a condom on this specific day? What????? Well, happy day to you too then. Good for you tiger! :D

Terri, Terri, Terri....:siesta:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)

PhL0aTeR
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Alrighty then! I have no clue what 4/20 day is. Is this yet ANOTHER day that you guys made up for blow jobs???

No, but i like the way you think! :up:

Mizzybeff
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Terri its a nice way to say everyone is gonna go smoke some weed together ALOT more than they do every other day of the week. LOL

And I agree they don't need more than 1 day devoted to blow jobs.

Matty
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 09:42 PM
twas a good day!!!!

Sweet... i got 2 hours and 20 minutes to go.

Bueller
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 09:48 PM
:siesta::siesta:

eklew
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 09:57 PM
And my birthday. Pass along a happy birthday to my long lost twin :D

Carl

Well shit!!!! HBD to you Carl, when are you coming out to the track again????

eklew
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 09:58 PM
twas a good day!!!!

Sweet... i got 2 hours and 20 minutes to go.

Make sure you listen to some Dre, Snoop, Cypress Hill, etc.......:siesta:

dm_gsxr
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 05:44 AM
Well shit!!!! HBD to you Carl, when are you coming out to the track again????

It was harder last year because there was just the two admins and we were alternating on-call. Now that we have 4 admins, I'm able to relax a bit and enjoy my hobbies. So this year I'll be back out :)

Carl

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 08:48 AM
Damn! I missed it! Got stoned and forgot all about it!!!

I put a Post-it on my frig for next year..

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 08:50 AM
smokers

Big-J
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 08:56 AM
Fuckin stoners!

I took some pics yesterday at civic center, but I got high and forgot to DL them!:siesta: Place looked like it was on fire, all the cops standing around had to have got a contact high!

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 08:58 AM
How is it that you can posses and partake in an illegal substance in public, in a large group, and not get arrested? Just because it is 4/20? I don't get it.

If 40 people with expired tags showed up at the capitol in their rigs to protest the registration fees, they would ALL get tickets.

SaShWhO
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=305vRNoofr8:siesta:

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:02 AM
How is it that you can posses and partake in an illegal substance in public, in a large group, and not get arrested? Just because it is 4/20? I don't get it.

If 40 people with expired tags showed up at the capitol in their rigs to protest the registration fees, they would ALL get tickets.

How about when Denver had the illegal immigrants gathering down town a few years back. Nothing like a bunch of law breakers bitchin' about rights.

Law enforcement should have made them present their green cards to leave!!

Shea
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:02 AM

Power of peeps. Don't underestimate the power of marshmellows in large numbers.

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:11 AM
Not trying to start an argument here. I am just curious how breaking a federal and state law is not punished?

Nick_Ninja
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:17 AM
Not trying to start an argument here. I am just curious how breaking a federal and state law is not punished?

Because the confrontational aspects of engagement are not worth the time or effort. This is the beginning of a change for the better. :siesta:

dirkterrell
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:17 AM

Writing speeding tickets is more lucrative.

Dirk

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:19 AM
Not trying to start an argument here. I am just curious how breaking a federal and state law is not punished?Man, you are touchy! I thought I was following your lead. I was simply stating another example of how people can break the law, in large groups, and nothing is done.

Vehicle 1
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:23 AM

I heard that pot smoking got bumped down to a "low priority" offense: a guy J-walking would get busted before a guys smoking pot does. But technically they can still bust everyone, they just don't. Should they? :dunno:

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:25 AM
...But technically they can still bust everyone, they just don't. Should they? :dunno:Not if it's me!!!

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:28 AM
Until it is NOT illegal, they should enforce the law. What was the point of having police there? In case someone trespassed or littered? This is not a case of civil disobedience. This is a case of a mass act of criminal activity. I could care less if it was weed, streaking, or a NAMBLA meeting.

Snowman
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:28 AM
So you’re saying that if we lined up about 1,000 bikes, pointed them east down I-70 and headed for Kansas at triple digit speeds, they wouldn’t arrest us?

Shea
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:29 AM
So you’re saying that if we lined up about 1,000 bikes, pointed them east down I-70 and headed for Kansas at triple digit speeds, they wouldn’t arrest us?

So you're saying you're going to set this up? :)

Snowman
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:31 AM
So you're saying you're going to set this up? :)Get me 998 other riders and I'll think about it...

Bike Number 1 - Snowman
Bike Number 2 - Shea

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:31 AM
I'm in! But just the tip :)

dirkterrell
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:32 AM
I could understand leaving Kansas at triple digit speeds but not heading for it...

Dirk

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:32 AM
Until it is NOT illegal, they should enforce the law. What was the point of having police there? In case someone trespassed or littered? This is not a case of civil disobedience. This is a case of a mass act of criminal activity. I could care less if it was weed, streaking, or a NAMBLA meeting.
That's exactly what I was saying with my example, too. Enforce the F'ing laws!!

NAMBLA?!?!?! Those people should be castrated and left to bleed out!!! You know you live in a great country when something like NAMBLA can exist!!

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:37 AM
You don't like the North American Marlon Brando Look Alike Association?

Big-J
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:40 AM
Until it is NOT illegal, they should enforce the law.

Well, in the city of Denver it's not illegal to have under an ounce, and the only law enforcement I saw were city police, no Feds.

Sure sounds like you're a little argumentative.:)

Nick_Ninja
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:43 AM
Well, in the city of Denver it's not illegal to have under an ounce, and the only law enforcement I saw were city police, no Feds.

Big-J -------- remember, some people should smoke the weed :D

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:47 AM

Really? So if a cop sees a person or persons smoking weed they do not have probable cause to check if they are carrying more than an ounce? You do know that you can carry under an ounce but not smoke it right? Or have drug paraphernalia? I am not argumentative, I am pissed that the laws are only being enforced when they are beneficial to those enforcing them. Sounds like you are still high. :)

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:48 AM
Big-J -------- remember, some people should smoke the weed :D

You think I am an annoying dick sober you should see me on weed hahaha.

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:48 AM
Well, in the city of Denver it's not illegal to have under an ounce...Not true.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4526

It's still a $100 dollar fine. Therefore, illegal, just not a big deal.

bulldog
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:50 AM

Sure sounds like you're a little argumentative.:) Exactly, the punishments have been severly lowered. Wow, now they may actually have room in jails/prisons for real criminals, instead of a bunch of hungry potsmokers.

Shea
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:54 AM
I am not argumentative, I am pissed that the laws are only being enforced when they are beneficial to those enforcing them.

Dude, welcome to America. Law enforcement is "revenue collection". Laws (traffic and non-violent/non-victim) are simply there to control the behavior of individuals and provide a revenue stream for government. Yes I agree that laws should be enforced, however I also believe that there are many laws should be taken off the books. But until then, if you're breaking the current laws, even as stupid as I think they may be, you should be held accountable.

I think, it the grand scheme of things, we as a society need to stop giving a crap what others are doing unless it directly effects you. That's mah dream. Get the hell out of my life and leave me alone.

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:00 AM
Exactly, the punishments have been severly lowered. Wow, now they may actually have room in jails/prisons for real criminals, instead of a bunch of hungry potsmokers.

LOL, if you commit a crime, break the law, you are a criminal. What a make one criminal more real than another. Now I do agree that the prison system should be reserved for felons and those who have committed harsh crimes against humanity and not those smoking weed. But you should still have to pay for breaking the law. I pay when I speed, or run a red light, both against the law.

Horsman
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:01 AM
You don't like the North American Marlon Brando Look Alike Association?

I signed up for North American Marlon Brando Look Alike Association.
The Horror of it all. Horror... Horror...

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/apocalypse-brando2.jpg

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:04 AM
I signed up for North American Marlon Brando Look Alike Association.
The Horror of it all. Horror... Horror...

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/apocalypse-brando2.jpg...but you have to qualify the era. Do you look like the young Brando in Apocalypse Now, or the bloated version in the Godfather?

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:06 AM
the Brando I liked would kick all your sassy asses!!

http://youcouldbarelytell.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/039_6720marlon-brando-posters.jpg

Big-J
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:06 AM
But until then, if you're breaking the current laws, even as stupid as I think they may be, you should be held accountable.

So just because its on the books, it makes it right to fuck someones life up? People have been handed life sentances for weed, and Im not talking king pins either. If you have any illusions this sort of thing is happening, read Reefer Madness by Eric Schlosser.

Horsman
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:07 AM
...but you have to qualify the era. Do you look like the young Brando in Apocalypse Now, or the bloated version in the Godfather?

If I Keep SMASHING beers with Dana and I'll become the bloated version in the Godfather!!!:drink:LOL...

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:08 AM
So just because its on the books, it makes it right to fuck someones life up? People have been handed life sentances for weed, and Im not talking king pins either. If you have any illusions this sort of thing is happening, read Reefer Madness by Eric Schlosser.

Save your breath around here...

bulldog
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:09 AM
LOL, if you commit a crime, break the law, you are a criminal. What a make one criminal more real than another. Now I do agree that the prison system should be reserved for felons and those who have committed harsh crimes against humanity and not those smoking weed. But you should still have to pay for breaking the law. I pay when I speed, or run a red light, both against the law. The difference is the degree of the crime. One crime is not always equal to another. Denver city limits has obviously concluded this crime to be very minor and not worth it. This will in turn give them more resources to go after crimes they feel are a bigger threat.

Vehicle 1
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:09 AM
I think, it the grand scheme of things, we as a society need to stop giving a crap what others are doing unless it directly effects you. That's mah dream. Get the hell out of my life and leave me alone.

:bow:

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:13 AM
If I Keep SMASHING beers with Dana and I'll become the bloated version in the Godfather!!!:drink:LOL...
Shit!! I'm half way there!!!

Big-J
LOL, if you commit a crime, break the law

Just because its a law, doesn't make it just, and breaking it doesn't make you a criminal.
If that were the case, Rosa Parks would be considered a criminal, or anyone else who stood for what is right.
If you were alive during the prohibition of alcohol, you would be the biggest criminal I know!

Devaclis
Let me clarify that I do not think weed is wrong. I akin it to booze. It alters your personality, mindset, mood, ability to function at normal levels and impairs your judgment. Remember when smoking was legal in bars? Legal substance, anyone over 18 can buy it. You are just controlled on where you can smoke it. If weed were legal I would have no issue with a shit load of people gathering and smoking it in public. Not my problem. My problem is in regards to the enforcement of a group of people who are blatantly breaking a law, in front of law enforcement, and getting away with it.

Step off your high bong, think clearly, and take weed out of the equation. Substitute ANY other law breaking activity for what happened yesterday. what would have happened? My main question is "WHY was no one arrested for breaking the law?"

Jesus, defend your pastime elsewhere, that is not what I am refuting here.

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:15 AM
Just because its a law, doesn't make it just, and breaking it doesn't make you a criminal.
If that were the case, Rosa Parks would be considered a criminal, or anyone else who stood for what is right.
If you were alive during the prohibition of alcohol, you would be the biggest criminal I know!

I, and others, disagree:

Definitions of criminal on the Web:

condemnable: bringing or deserving severe rebuke or censure; "a criminal waste of talent"; "a deplorable act of violence"; "adultery is as ...
guilty of crime or serious offense; "criminal in the sight of God and man"
someone who has committed a crime or has been legally convicted of a crime
involving or being or having the nature of a crime; "a criminal offense"; "criminal abuse"; "felonious intent"

Shea
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:18 AM

You make a choice Big-J. You know the consequences of your actions. I'm not saying the laws are correct or just, but they are the laws. You get busted for something you know is illegal, you have absolutely no one to blame but yourself.

Now we can debate if it should be illegal or not. But the fact of the matter is, today it is illegal and as such you should be fined/busted for it. If laws don't matter, we live in an anarchy and I'm coming over to your house and taking your shit.

Big-J
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:21 AM
semantics

dirkterrell
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:29 AM

Breaking the law does make you a criminal. :) Now, it might be the case that the law is unconstitutional or unfair/unnecessary. (I happen to think that it is at least the latter.) If you think it is unconstitutional, you can break the law and challenge it in court. If you think it is unnecessary, then you work with your elected representatives to get it repealed or changed. But in either case, if you violate the law you are a criminal until it is declared unconstitutional or repealed.

Dirk

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:30 AM
No, seriously, let's talk about this. Don't cop out with "semantics" because the meaning of that word is really not understood and you used it incorrectly.

I am not trying to fight with you man. I want to know why you think that it is ok to go unpunished for breaking pot laws? I am not saying they are just, I am not saying they are right. I am saying they are LAWS and until that changes, maybe with the help of people like you, then the punishment for breaking these laws should not be overlooked on the sole basis of this 4:20 day.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:32 AM
What about those Wall Street muthafuckers that swindled bazillions of dollars from the general public. Granting home byers loans that they clearly could not qualify for. These fuckers, along with the governmental entities that allowed this rampant mismanagement of our economy to occur, clearly broke the law in many ways. Don't even begin to tell me that a few derelicts that are huffing a bone are more illegal than previous actions taken by members of our ill-regulated banking industry.

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:35 AM
I want to know why you think that it is ok to go unpunished for breaking pot laws?

Maybe because the resources that it would take to arrest and ticket 5,000 people on Folsom Field (and elsewhere.. Civic Center...) isn't worth the manpower, time, energy, and cost when compared to the advantages such an action would have.

Shea
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:36 AM
What about those Wall Street muthafuckers that swindled bazillions of dollars from the general public. Granting home byers loans that they clearly could not qualify for. These fuckers, along with the governmental entities that allowed this rampant mismanagement of our economy to occur, clearly broke the law in many ways. Don't even begin to tell me that a few derelicts that are huffing a bone are more illegal than previous actions taken by members of our ill-regulated banking industry.

I don't think anyone here is saying that they should go unpunished either(certainly not me). If you break the law, you suffer the consequences, period. If you want to challenge it, do it. You want to change it, engage people and change their opinions. But to say "these people broke the law, so it's ok for me to break the law" is dangerous in a society.

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:37 AM
So what you are saying is that we can break the law en masse and not get busted for it? like Randalls 1000 man mach 1 ride?

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:42 AM
Well.... I'm breaking the law right now, and then I'm going to break it again on my bike on the way to lunch downtown. I'll probably break it again when I get back on after lunch...

Got no one to blame but me, if things go wrong.

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:44 AM
We all know that the law is applied on a subjective basis Dana.

1000 bikers doing 150+ on the highway is going to be viewed as seriously endangering the well-being of the public and those people will get stopped real quick like.

So, instead of local authorities ponying up the manpower to try to stop these activities, why not let the people do their thing and just make sure nothing gets out of hand (which, IIR, has never happened at any of the CO "4:20" places). If you want to cough up some more paycheck to help pay for Officer Robinson's overtime just to arrest and ticket a bunch of pot-smoking hippies on Folsom Field....

Feel free.

Big-J
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:44 AM
I want to know why you think that it is ok to go unpunished for breaking pot laws? I am not saying they are just, I am not saying they are right.

Because its a drain on the system. If you can't understand why pursuing these sort of cases itn't helping anyone, then I don't know what else to say.
ok, you got me, Im a criminal for taking some bong hits.:spit::roll:

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:46 AM
I already pay for Officer Robinson to enforce the law. LOL the problem is he is not doing it!

Let's see if any tickets come from the lead ban protest on the 23rd. Little kids riding pocket bikes and dirt bikes, not hurting anyone.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:47 AM
Here is the memo that was issued by the university prior to the 4:20 event. BTW ---- it was NOT held on Folsom Field.

TO: Boulder Campus Teaching & Research Faculty, Staff,
Deans, Directors, Dept Chairs, System Administration

SENDER: Bronson.Hilliard@Colorado.EDU (Bronson.Hilliard@Colorado.EDU)

DATE: April 16, 2009

SUBJECT: Steps addressing "420" event Monday

Dear CU-Boulder faculty and staff member,

On Monday, our campus will very likely be populated by marijuana advocates protesting marijuana laws by smoking openly at 4:20 p.m. in the Norlin Quadrangle. Known as "420," this scenario is repeated annually on campuses across the country on April 20. As I am sure you are aware, the University neither sponsors nor condones this event. Rather, our approach to managing it has centered on providing a police presence to promote the safe conduct of the crowd - which last year exceeded 10,000 people by most estimates.

We also have chosen a deliberate strategy of not confronting the crowd in order to prevent clashes between police and "420" participants. Because possession of less than an ounce of marijuana is a petty offense, we must strike an appropriate balance between taking actions that make it clear the behavior is not condoned and actions that could precipitate dangerous crowd behaviors that increase the risk of injury to students or others.

Other measures we are taking include:

--Providing a visible but "background" police presence around the Norlin Quad beginning in the early afternoon and remaining until the crowd has dispersed.

--Attempting to control access to buildings in the quad area, including Norlin Library. However please be advised that the crowd may be an obstacle to entering buildings. Generally, police and security officials work to ensure that entrances to buildings are not blocked by "420" participants.
Noise is likely to be a distraction in the Norlin Quad area from approximately 2 p.m. onward due to the crowd. There is likely to be strong pedestrian movement on and off the campus from about 3 p.m. until around 5 p.m.

--We have issued two statements to our student body on "420" - a combined statement from me, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Julie Wong and Dean of Students Deb Coffin and one from our police. The first statement informs our students about the negative impacts of "420" on CU-Boulder's reputation and public image; the second cautions students about risky behavior.

--We have convened a "420" working group that has met for the past several months. If you wish to communicate to me how the "420" event impacted your work, or offer advice or other information to the group for its debriefing, please send an e-mail to me at chanchat@colorado.edu (chanchat@colorado.edu). Each year, we evaluate the impact of "420" on the campus and assess our strategies in dealing with it. Your input in this process is highly valued.

Allow me to thank you for your patience and support for addressing this difficult challenge. We will continue to assess the impact of this distracting event on our campus and to explore strategies to discourage future participation.

Sincerely,

Phil DiStefano, Interim Chancellor
University of Colorado at Boulder

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:48 AM
ok, you got me, Im a criminal for taking some bong hits.:spit::roll:

We are in agreement then.

I am a criminal for a LOT of other things. That was never really the argument. It was just a clarification.

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:49 AM
Thanks Ninja, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:51 AM
Interesting read N_N. I meant the Quad :lol:

Nick_Ninja
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks Ninja, that is exactly what I was looking for.

** The views outlined in that document don't necessarily reflect those of the poster.

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:54 AM
hahaha I don't think the views of the poster are those of a large number of peeps :)

Shea
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:55 AM
Here is the memo that was issued by the university prior to the 4:20 event. BTW ---- it was NOT held on Folsom Field.

lol, it was held on university property and they chose to allow it, thus they "condoned" the behavior. What a bunch of bs. Cowards.

Police standing by while the law is broken because they choose not to "confront" them is approval of the behavior. Once again, cowards.

Now I don't care if you smoke pot, not in the slightest. I'm more pissed that the police didn't do their job and that CU allowed this behavior on a state supported campus. Yank CU's funding and fire every single police officer for dereliction of duty.

Sortarican
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:57 AM
Fuckin stoners!

LOL, Yo Kettle, the pot called, said you're black too.

Jackass Hippies!!!

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/6997.gif

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:57 AM
I blame Christians, politicians, hippies, and global warming for all of this.

I blame Hollywood too for glamorizing the breaking of the law.

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:58 AM
I blame Hollywood too for glamorizing the breaking of the law.

And it all started with that fucking Marlon Brando!

Big-J
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:03 AM
lol, it was held on university property and they chose to allow it, thus they "condoned" the behavior. What a bunch of bs. Cowards.

Police standing by while the law is broken because they choose not to "confront" them is approval of the behavior. Once again, cowards.

Now I don't care if you smoke pot, not in the slightest. I'm more pissed that the police didn't do their job and that CU allowed this behavior on a state supported campus. Yank CU's funding and fire every single police officer for dereliction of duty.

Cowards? Whats so cowardly? You don't care if people smoke pot, but you want the cops to bust them for doing it? Sure sounds like you care.

Shea
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:13 AM
Cowards? Whats so cowardly? You don't care if people smoke pot, but you want the cops to bust them for doing it? Sure sounds like you care.

I understand you are unwilling to separate your desire to smoke pot from the fact that it is illegal. For me, I have no "dog in the fight". This is simply about the law.

The university has a responsibility to enforce it's codes of conduct. It, as a state funded institution, has a responsibility/duty to enforce the laws of the state. Here it failed that responsibility/duty.

The police, by their very definition, are obligated, paid, trained to enforce the laws. Here they failed in that duty.

In both cases they chose to not do their jobs. By their own admission they made that choice because they didn't want to confront those breaking the law. That equals cowardice.

So the issue isn't about smoking pot Jeremy, it's about two entities doing what they are obligated to do, regardless of the "hassle" or the level of "confrontation".

Big-J
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:20 AM
Well I for one am happy the police have decided to take the road of the coward and chose not to enforce these laws. Law that have created a black market, which in turn had led to more illegal activity. Just another step towards these laws taken of the books.

~Barn~
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:21 AM
The university's bigger responsibility, is to display some common sense, and not turn a small non-problem into a big real-problem, by virtue of their own actions.

Something can remain illegal, but if law enforcement chooses an approach of temporarily decriminalizing it, for the sake of avoiding a much more costly and potentially chaotic situation, it makes sense. We're not talking about mass rape here, or free-drivethru-beer-night. It's a group of reasonably behaving people, breaking (what is already) a marginalized law, and for the most part, just "hanging out" and enjoying the sun. The police presence is performing a roll that maintains to keep order, rather than flexing its punitive might. It's that old adage of book smarts vs. street smarts.

It's a shame life always appears in only shades of black & white for some people. Sigh....

Shea
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:27 AM
Well I for one am happy the police have decided to take the road of the coward and chose not to enforce these laws. Law that have created a black market, which in turn had led to more illegal activity. Just another step towards these laws taken of the books.

Think you're missing my point, but it's all good. Yes, the law should be changed.

GixxerCarrie
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:29 AM
I got it!...its not OK to Plagiarize at CU...its just ok to smoke pot! Glad I'm an Alum!

Big-J
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:32 AM
Think you're missing my point, but it's all good. Yes, the law should be changed.

No I got your point, but read Barns post, he said it better.

~Barn~
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:32 AM
Not to nit-pick, but it's actually alumna, in the parlance of a female. In the singular.

I myself am an alumnus, but thankfully I left that school before they could graduate me!

GO RAMS!!!!!!

Shea
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:34 AM
It's a shame life always appears in only shades of black & white for some people. Sigh....

And it's a shame some people can't manage to make a point without belittling other people.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:34 AM
Plagiarism happens all the time at CU. There are kids always smoking other kids pot each and every day. :D

Shea
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:36 AM
Plagiarism happens all the time at CU. There are kids always smoking other kids pot each and every day. :D

lol

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:39 AM

Scavenger smokers...

http://thumbnails.hulu.com/9/47/27141_512x288_generated__Gnw9WIsIVkO5iPLRSTQRuw.jp g

~Barn~
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:40 AM
Gotta admit, this has been a pretty good thread.
:up:

GixxerCarrie
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:46 AM
Not to nit-pick (Please!lol:bs:)
I myself am an alumnus, but thankfully I left that school before they could graduate me!

GO RAMS!!!!!!

LOL...I went to CSU for 3 years and left! (I have loyalties to both)

and N_N lmao!:)

Big-J
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:49 AM
but thankfully I left that school before they could graduate me!

:lol:

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 12:07 PM
It is funny to me, it really is. When I was in college I was an R.A. We ran a totally dry campus.

On my rounds I ALWAYS caught underage kids drinking and tokin' tha weed. I always let it fly if they allowed me to partake. Did not bust them, even tho that was my job.

One night I caught a known toker out back of the dorms blazin' away. He offered me a drag and I took it. Laced with PCP. I woke up in my dorm bathtub 6 hours later with my roomies and H.D. freaking out and EMT on their way. I reported the fucker, testified in court and in front of the board. He went to jail, got kicked out of school, and got a severe tire iron wound to his cranium in Feb 1994 when I saw him waiting at a bus stop in Syracuse.

Tell me again that it hurts no one. Tell me that again and never say one more word to me. Do it.

~Barn~
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 12:10 PM
Dana. Come hit this.

Big-J
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 12:13 PM
Tell me again that it hurts no one. Tell me that again and never say one more word to me. Do it.

It hurts no one, but yourself....if its laced! :)

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks J.

~Barn~
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 12:18 PM
Holy Smokes! Stupid 4/20/09 caused my equity index trust to lose a $1.13 per muthafuckin' share!

I officially change my stance on this policy. :scream1:

bulldog
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 12:47 PM
It is funny to me, it really is. When I was in college I was an R.A. We ran a totally dry campus.

On my rounds I ALWAYS caught underage kids drinking and tokin' tha weed. I always let it fly if they allowed me to partake. Did not bust them, even tho that was my job.

One night I caught a known toker out back of the dorms blazin' away. He offered me a drag and I took it. Laced with PCP. I woke up in my dorm bathtub 6 hours later with my roomies and H.D. freaking out and EMT on their way. I reported the fucker, testified in court and in front of the board. He went to jail, got kicked out of school, and got a severe tire iron wound to his cranium in Feb 1994 when I saw him waiting at a bus stop in Syracuse.

Tell me again that it hurts no one. Tell me that again and never say one more word to me. Do it. How was that weed that did that?. Sounds more like the PCP or the dumb ass that gave it to you caused that. Please explain how you feel the weed caused this harm because I don't get it?

PhL0aTeR
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 04:25 PM

you smoked PCP..... just happened to have weed in it....

Speed limit = 65, yet 95% of traffic is flowing at 70..... right by the police officer standing there with a radar gun..... why dont they all get tickets? arent they breaking the law? the interstates are FILLED with CRIMINALS! ohnoes!!!!!

im sure there are many factors that play into the decision making of each spot this happened at... just because something is illegal, doesnt mean it should be enforced 100%... just like some of the license plates that get relocated illegally, or when they are relocated, there is no light shinning on it, or maybe non-dot turn signals.... its a petty offense..... when the cops start letting people murder each other in the streets without doing anything, then ill worry, but in this case, it seems like most people are grasping that cannabis really isnt as bad as the govt has told us..... :siesta:

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 06:55 PM

Tell me again that it hurts no one. Tell me that again and never say one more word to me. Do it.Damn!! I'm very glad I was out breakin' the law all afternoon and wasn't around to post five pages of bull shit. However, I'm back home and Dana, you can't be serious. You already posted that, "if you break the law, you should have to deal with the consequences". Sounds like you chose to break the law and some mother fucker slipped you some shit. I've had the same thing happen to me. The difference is, I still believe it was my fault. It's akin to, I went to buy pot and he ripped me off!! Well, I guess you shouldn't have put yourself in that situation...

Okay, getting' back to the real world. Gotta fire up the BBQ and work off some of this buZZZZZZZ!!!

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 08:03 PM
The consequences of the law, Dean . Are you thinking I was punished by the legal system by having been slipped PCP? I don't know where in any legal system that is the punishment for anything. I dealt with being doped. I just about killed a dude. He dealt with it too by bleeding. That had nothing to do with the law. The reason I think the way I do is because of that incident. It did not happen yesterday. I have had time to reflect, react, and learn.

As for Big-Joint and Silent Bob, the ignore feature is working pretty well so sleep tight.

Bueller
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 08:21 PM
Every time someone leaves a bar in a car or bike, after drinking almost any amount they are breaking the law. As to whether you are DUI or DWAI cops should pull over everyone they see leaving a bar on reasonable suspision to make sure you are not breaking a very well known law. And they should have check points at the exits of the clubs and big bars. Lets enforce all the laws if you want to get shitty about it.

I didn't read 2/3 of this (short attention span from being too stoned) so sorry if this has been covered

willb003
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 08:27 PM
inb4 lockdown...hehe

Bueller
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 08:32 PM
inb4 lockdown...hehe
Why would it? :wtf:

Big-J
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 08:51 PM
I dealt with being doped. I just about killed a dude. He dealt with it too by bleeding. That had nothing to do with the law.

It had everything to do with the law, you broke it. You my friend are a criminal and should have had to deal with the consequences. :p

The reason I think the way I do is because of that incident. It did not happen yesterday. I have had time to reflect, react, and learn.

So after being passed a joint laced w/pcp by some jerk-off, and considerable time to "reflect,react,and learn", you're conclusion is to stricktly enforce the cannabis laws? Perhaps you may need more time to reflect and learn, as you have already reacted by breaking the law yourself.

As for Big-Joint and Silent Bob, the ignore feature is working pretty well so sleep tight.

Aww, come on Dana, you're the one who wanted to talk about this. At least wait to ignore me till after we start calling eachother names and getting all e-tough. :)

Who is Silent-Bob? :think:

Nick_Ninja
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 08:54 PM
Horseman needs to do a fight card poster for D & J :D

eklew
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:04 PM
Damn ya'll, all this over my brother and Carl's birthdays????? Sheeeeesh, I mean hasheessssssh!!!!!!!

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:34 PM
The consequences of the law, Dean . Are you thinking I was punished by the legal system by having been slipped PCP? I don't know where in any legal system that is the punishment for anything. I dealt with being doped. I just about killed a dude. He dealt with it too by bleeding. That had nothing to do with the law. The reason I think the way I do is because of that incident. It did not happen yesterday. I have had time to reflect, react, and learn.

As for Big-Joint and Silent Bob, the ignore feature is working pretty well so sleep tight.I guess I actually read the posts before I respond. Read mine and it should be pretty obvious that I never said you were "punished by the legal system".

I'll say it again... you said if someone breaks the law, they should have to deal with the consequences. If you weren't breaking the law by, once, letting them go if they let you partake, and twice, by even smoking the weed in the first place, you could never have been slipped something in the joint. Does it really need to be spelled out?!?!? Pretty basic shit to me. Perhaps I'm just 'cloudy minded' from all the weed!!!

Go kill the guy! Who gives a shit!! Deal with what has happened to you as you see fit. The PCP would never have.... ah fuck, how many times do I have to quote what you already said!?!?!

Did you find me a boat cover yet?

Ah, I love this shit!! You guys already know this, though!!

~Barn~
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:21 AM
War Ricky Williams!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QtUMFHlXicE/SLtu-MUq03I/AAAAAAAAAmQ/4keNwoseTIo/s400/ricky_appology.jpg