PDA

View Full Version : Dirty dirty

gsxrscott
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Anyone up for a little Captn Jacks tomorrow morning. Probably about 9am start time.

Mental
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Dammit, I hafta work. Ride safe

Mizzybeff
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Anyone up for a little Captn Jacks tomorrow morning. Probably about 9am start time.

Im sorry so totally new, and retarded question but what is captn jacks?:dunno:

Brat
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 10:16 PM
i think its a trail or spot to ride dirtbikes..

gsxrscott
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 05:16 AM
i think its a trail or spot to ride dirtbikes..
Yes it is. Its a trail system in North Cheyenne canyon, close to town and fairly challenging at times if you want it to be. So nobody up for this? I am thinking that I will probably go on Sunday also, so mabey I'll see you guys then. Later!

Bashed
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 05:50 AM
I'm working as well like Mental. Have fun, don't get hung up in the Alley.
As G-Spot said it can be challenging sp in spots and the section just past High Drive is all off camber, a steep narrow goat path going up into a nice meadow. But you need to get thru a section called Crank Case Alley first which has you going up and over 3-4 foot sized boulders. I bet there is snow on the return trail over to Frosty Park in the creek crossings. Let us know how far you get.
Peace Bash

dallas
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 07:42 AM
Damn, I even rode the dirty-dirty to work, does that count?

Wish I could join you brother, but I have to sit here and pretend to look busy.

Mental
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 07:47 AM
Im sorry so totally new, and retarded question but what is captn jacks?:dunno:

Its actually not bad if you're a Mountian biker or even hiking as well. I don't bicycle, but the Ms and I have taken our mutts there.

http://www.singletracks.com/mountain-bike/trail-map/file.php?id=1&file=Map

http://www.singletracks.com/images/uploads/2009/trails/01/1140811782.jpg

G-Scott took me there after Bash got me into this trail riding. I have been a few times and it is quite addictive. Here are some pics:
http://www.evilengineering.com/gallery/v/Mental/Rides/Capt+Jacks/

But as Bash mentioned, after the rcent snows, it could be challenging, and if you're a total dork, this happens;
http://www.evilengineering.com/gallery/d/28290-2/PC070057.jpg

Thats my bike trying to kill me against a tree

FYI Scott, as I turned onto Curtis road on my ride in this morning, I stared longingly at the mtns lit up by the sun. As I was pulling my gear off a guy walking by said "It should be illegal to work on a day like this." So just for the record...I hate you. Glad you're taking advantage.

Brat
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 08:45 AM
Yes it is. Its a trail system in North Cheyenne canyon, close to town and fairly challenging at times if you want it to be. So nobody up for this? I am thinking that I will probably go on Sunday also, so mabey I'll see you guys then. Later!
i d be up but i dont know if i have a spark arrestor. im dying to hit the dirt on my bike.

gsxrscott
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 01:56 PM
Well it was lonley but a good ride overall. I just went to the creek before Crankcase alley there is some snow but it is still passable (kicked my ass though:shocked:). As I said, I want to go again Sunday, hopefully all of us dirt bike owners can meet up for a wonderful day of riding.

Brat
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 04:57 PM
did you see any law up there on their dirtbikes. they got em out and running.

Pandora-11
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 05:21 PM
According to a map I googled, this Capt'n Jacks is about 3,000 ft up the hill from my house.....who knew? :shocked:

Bashed
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 06:04 PM
Well it was lonley but a good ride overall. I just went to the creek before Crankcase alley there is some snow but it is still passable (kicked my ass though:shocked:). As I said, I want to go again Sunday, hopefully all of us dirt bike owners can meet up for a wonderful day of riding.

It should be melting quickly with all this warm weather. Hell I have a sunburn from the last few days. Should be able to get to the meadow by sunday with a bit of luck. If I get moved saturday I'm in for sunday.

Peace Bash

Bashed
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 06:06 PM
According to a map I googled, this Capt'n Jacks is about 3,000 ft up the hill from my house.....who knew? :shocked:

The trail gains 3000 ft easy from the bottom to the top. Goat path to heaven.

Bash

Mental
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 07:41 AM
The trail gains 3000 ft easy from the bottom to the top. Goat path to heaven.

Bash

He's not kidding, you have mentioned before you enjoy hiking, this is a great hike, especially during the week when there is little traffic. Don't worry about the bikes, the motorcyclist you can hear coming and 99% are quite accomdating. The extreme mtn bikers folks are quiet and fast, but only coming down hill and they will tell you how many more are coming.

Pandora-11
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:41 PM
He's not kidding, you have mentioned before you enjoy hiking, this is a great hike, especially during the week when there is little traffic. Don't worry about the bikes, the motorcyclist you can hear coming and 99% are quite accomdating. The extreme mtn bikers folks are quiet and fast, but only coming down hill and they will tell you how many more are coming.

Lol...are you trying to get me killed? :) The only thing I have heard about the trails up there is that they find dead bodies and old human skulls.
I'm not sure that the pepper spray I carry for protection would be enough....and I really need to keep my head.