PDA

View Full Version : MRA races in Pueblo - 4/26

speedking
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 01:14 PM
MRA races are this weekend in Pueblo. Anyone else riding down on Sunday to watch the endurance races and Race of the Rockies? A few of us are headed down early Sunday morning from the North. Anyone that wants to hook up with us to roll South is more than welcome.

http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=when

--Sk

Tipys
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 01:36 PM
do you have a route in mind or just 25

UglyDogRacing
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 02:39 PM
MRA races are this weekend in Pueblo. Anyone else riding down on Sunday to watch the endurance races and Race of the Rockies? A few of us are headed down early Sunday morning from the North. Anyone that wants to hook up with us to roll South is more than welcome.

http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=when

--Sk

Endurance races are Saturday afternoons. Sundays schedule consists of eleven 7 lap sprint races and Race of the Rockies GTO & GTU which are each 14 laps.

speedking
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 03:02 PM
Endurance races are Saturday afternoons. Sundays schedule consists of eleven 7 lap sprint races and Race of the Rockies GTO & GTU which are each 14 laps.

Thanks for the schedule...we are really just going for ROR. Now that you mention it, Otis did mention the Endurance races are on Saturday.

What time do the races start on Sunday? The MRA website doesn't seem to have the schedule readily accessible.

--Sk

speedking
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 03:03 PM
do you have a route in mind or just 25

We haven't really talked much about it.....was just assuming I-25 on the way South to get to the races...then discuss a better route back North after.

Suggestions?

--Sk

UglyDogRacing
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the schedule...we are really just going for ROR. Now that you mention it, Otis did mention the Endurance races are on Saturday.

What time do the races start on Sunday? The MRA website doesn't seem to have the schedule readily accessible.

--Sk

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=5398

Tipys
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 03:42 PM
Being I am I would think meet in woodland park races shouldn't start till about noon. Take a short cut to 9 don't know the name of the road then 9 to 50. 50 to texas creek to bishops. That will take us into the back side of ptown

dirkterrell
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the schedule...we are really just going for ROR.

No love for us mere mortals... :(

Dirk

speedking
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 04:17 PM
No love for us mere mortals... :(

Dirk

LOL...it's just a matter of time. Riding all the way to Pueblo, spending the afternoon at the races, and driving back pretty well burns up the day. We'd have to leave at twilight to see the morning races and most guys aren't going to want to join up at 6am to ride straight down the I-25 funnel.

--Sk

speedking
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 04:18 PM
Being I am I would think meet in woodland park races shouldn't start till about noon. Take a short cut to 9 don't know the name of the road then 9 to 50. 50 to texas creek to bishops. That will take us into the back side of ptown

Sounds like a good route from Colo Springs -> South. I'm guessing we'll just roll I-25 South to the Springs from up North.

--Sk

speedking
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 07:35 AM
Weather forcast is calling for occassional rain showers up North but just clouds and high 50's South of Denver. Should be a good day for a ride.

I'm thinking those of us riding down from the North will meet up with anyone from Denver who wants to go at 9:00am in South Denver at the McDonalds on Arapahoe just West of I-25.

If Tipys is going, we can meet up with you in Woodland Park at 11:30am. That gives us an hour and a half to get to Pueblo before the afternoon races start.

Tipys, are you going to make it for sure? If so, make a suggestion where we should meet you in Woodland Park.

--Sk

speedking
Fri Apr 24th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Doesn't look like there are many people interested in riding down to see the races.

??

--Sk

Hi11Zone
Sat Apr 25th, 2009, 03:29 PM
do they go every saturday and sunday?

Tipys
Sat Apr 25th, 2009, 03:38 PM
^Not every weekend its about once a month or so

dirkterrell
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 12:27 PM
^Not every weekend its about once a month or so

Roughly every two weeks. Here is the schedule: