PDA

View Full Version : Pics of when my 99 R1 was stolen

sugarrey
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 03:02 PM
Picture this. Living in Belmar, somewhat upscale area (at least I pay an upscale rent price) and some little puke 17 year old decides to steal your shit (which I kept pinned by a concrete barrier and 2 cars). He wants it so bad he pops the ignition out so the steering comes unlocked and drags it over your gf hood, takes it up to the top of the parking garage where there's open electricity and light and uses air grinders and chisels along with an assortment of tools to remove the tamper-proof ignition.. I wake up and my gf tell me someone took my bike. Called the cops and made a report, did everything right (only had liability ins since I paid cash for the bike)

2 days pass.......

Lakewood cops (CSI division) is coming back to the crime scene to see if they can pull prints off either car, on the way to my house they see my bike driving down my street....They pull a bitch and chase him.... He dumps the bike at a blockbuster and starts running. The cops chased him down with a car and arrested him.

2 months pass....

First court date, he comes out of the side of the courtroom in a yellow jumpsuit, he was in jail the whole time. He gets a continuance

Next court date he has a public defender. The fucking idiot please NOT GUILTY even though he has written and signed a confession, was caught on tape from the police car when he was being chased (cops never lost sight of him) and had my registration, bill of sale and insurance card up in his room (which by the way was just one floor up from where I lived in Alexan Belmar) NOT GUILTY!!!! WOW

To make the story shorter.....We was ordered by the judge to pay me $4300 for damages to my bike and $1100 for damage to my girls car.

PO and restitution chic setup $200 payments a month till it was paid off then the felony would be removed from his record (oh btw, he was caught with a bunch of weed and 2 stolen handguns in his room). I wasnt happy with this cause my bikes still fucked up...

2 days ago....

After not receiving one payment (he's 3 months late already) I called the PO, she told me his payments were cut to $50 per month because he is unable to get a job. What a fuckwad! He was a minor when he did this but is now an adult....Mama drives around in a Mercedes SUV and when they were living upstairs from me were paying $2k plus a month for rent.

I got them kicked out of their condo (because I let the front office know that he was stealing other tennants shit, and about 4 months before this had over $4k stolen of stereo shit out of my jeep).

Here are some pics of what the little bitch did....his name is MATTHEW PIHA !!!!

So at this point after 6 months pro-court I have seen not a dime and my bike is still fucking trashed!

Nice story huh.....Now I got full coverage and lo-jack!

guessinthe2000
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 03:25 PM
Mang. Sorry to hear that.

*KEN*
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 03:25 PM
Sux! At least you got them kicked out of their condo.

Sully
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 03:26 PM
Can you sue his mama ?

salsashark
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 03:29 PM
^^ Kind of thinking the same thing... go civil

Since he was a minor when it happened, shouldn't the parents be responsible for their kids?

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 03:36 PM
Tort liability for damages caused by delinquent youth is yet another way States traditionally have held parents accountable for the misdeeds of their children. Typically, tort law varies from State to State regarding the monetary thresholds on damages collected, the age limit of the child, and the inclusion of personal injury in the tort claim. Hawaii was the first State to enact such legislation in 1846, and its law remains one of the most broadly applied in that it does not limit the financial bounds of recovery and imposes liability for both negligent and intentional torts by underage persons.75 (http://ojjdp.ncjrs.org/pubs/reform/ch2_d.html#75) Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, and New Jersey also do not place a limit on the amount of recovery. Today, all States but New Hampshire and New York have provisions holding parents civilly responsible for youth crime, with an average maximum recovery amount of $4,100http://ojjdp.ncjrs.org/pubs/reform/ch2_d.html

Other interesting info on the subject:

In the past 2 years, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, Missouri, and Texas have enacted legislation that requires parents and children to participate in community service activities after the youth has been in trouble with the law. In addition, new laws in Arizona, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, North Dakota, and Oregon require parents to attend counseling or other court-ordered treatment programs. Recent legislation in Arkansas, Colorado, Texas, and Wisconsin requires adult participation in parent training and responsibility courses.Can you imagine glamour mom doing road-side cleanup? :lol:

But seriously, take that shit to civil.

fullgrownbear
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 03:47 PM
Good write up dude. I hope it all works out for you. I can believe he plead not guilty.

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 03:54 PM
Why is he still walking?

Shea
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 04:01 PM
I'm with salsa, sue the bejezus out of his family.

asp_125
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 04:04 PM
+1 ... at least a lawsuit might teach that douchewaffle a lesson.

Tipys
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 04:07 PM
I'm with dana on this

RajunCajun
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 04:16 PM
Why is he still walking?

and still able to use his jaw to chew solid food! If he lived upstairs from me, he would have had multiple accidents,,,,well,,, pretty much everywhere he went......

Sorry to hear you haven't been repaid yet....

TFOGGuys
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 04:23 PM
If he lived upstairs from me, he would have had multiple accidents....

Yeah, those stairs can be a real bitch......:devious:

Devaclis
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 04:25 PM
I am not saying hurt the guy, I am saying "give him a ride" he should not have to walk.

RajunCajun
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 04:26 PM
hmmm, I'm saying "kick his ass"....

Horsman
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 04:37 PM
Get Primitive on his ass - in the "Hunt & Gather" sense
(Hunt down his Ass & Gather your Money)
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/full_metal_jacket.jpg

willb003
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 04:56 PM
^^^^^^ yep yep.

Cars-R-Coffins
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 05:01 PM
He really messed up your ignition and fork tubes. Sue momma.

MetaLord 9
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 05:17 PM
What I WOULDN'T do is discuss physically hamring the guy on a public internet forum and then see him get hurt...

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 05:50 PM
Best of luck with everything! I'm still in the midst of my civil suit against my drunk driver...what a fooking nightmare man! It is rather pitiful, but there seems to be virtually to NO recourse for these guys that never do pay out for victim's comp or restitution and such. Another one of the great loopholes in our entirely overwhelmed justice system.

Centrios
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 06:19 PM
I remember you making posts when this happened. Sorry to hear shit isn't working out. Im not surprised thought. The law isn't good for much. I applaud you for your patience. Im to unstable to do that, I would bushwhack the SOB.

dirkterrell
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 07:15 PM
I wonder if one of the news stations' investigative reporting teams might be interested in this story?

Dirk

FZRguy
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:02 PM
Bad things happen to scumbags that steal motorcycles. One of the punks that stole my dirt bike is dead (single vehicle car crash). I keep watching news stories for the other one to drop.

sugarrey
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:11 PM
Can you sue his mama ?
From what I am gathering a civil suit, I am going to look into this more tonight! Their resolution of $50 a month is ricockulous, He will be paying it for just over 10 YEARS!!!

http://ojjdp.ncjrs.org/pubs/reform/ch2_d.html

Other interesting info on the subject:

Can you imagine glamour mom doing road-side cleanup? :lol:

But seriously, take that shit to civil.
Yes, nothing more I would like. This story was out and Willie B from 106.7 had me on talking about it. He said I shouldnt go after Moma, but you know what...She is just as much of a douche as her son is. She was saying how I was making death threats, calling them and following them, trying to run them over in the court parking lot....Whatev.. When I went to pickup the bike I wanted so badly to get my hands on this bitch but they already took him away. I said I want to know where he lives and they said they couldnt tell me....2 minutes later a cop gave me a card with his name and address on it. KUDOS to him.

Why is he still walking?
I thought about it, but I figured the court would make him pay.....what was I thinking?

He really messed up your ignition and fork tubes. Sue momma.
He also cracked all but one fairing, fucked up the electrics too, no more neutral light and now it trys to start while in gear without the clutch and the headlight wiring was burned. Also broke 2 of the connectors connected to the ignition. The tank and rear storage locks were also fucked up, since he didnt have the keys he still had to put gas in it. He hit the clutch and throttle cables with the grinder too, had to replace both of those...And endless other shit

I remember you making posts when this happened. Sorry to hear shit isn't working out. Im not surprised thought. The law isn't good for much. I applaud you for your patience. Im to unstable to do that, I would bushwhack the SOB.
Yeah, I just got the nerve to put it up so everyone else could see it. I am still overwhelmed by it but shit happens....Whatever you guys do protect your shit!!! Anything you could do to make it difficult for someone to get at it, do it. Even a chain, locked door or garage protection is enough to let these pricks look the other way.

I wonder if one of the news stations' investigative reporting teams might be interested in this story?

Dirk
I would love to tell it....I am truly getting screwed by the system... Although the felonies will still be on his record until he pays off the full $5100 or whatever the total was, so that sucks for him

oh yeah and please post up their fuckin license plate and whatever else info you have on the fuckers cause you never know someone might run into them one of these days...
His name is Matthew Piha, he is 18 and looks like a little geek...thats all i know.

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:20 PM
What I WOULDN'T do is discuss physically hamring the guy on a public internet forum and then see him get hurt...

+1 on what Chris said. I would probably edit out anything pertaining to wanting to harm him, no matter how badly you want to see his ass get an Alabama attitude adjustment.

I would really like to see this get resolved though. Have you spoke to any representation for civil litigation?

sugarrey
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:35 PM
+1 on what Chris said. I would probably edit out anything pertaining to wanting to harm him, no matter how badly you want to see his ass get an Alabama attitude adjustment.

I would really like to see this get resolved though. Have you spoke to any representation for civil litigation?

No but being unemployed has its advantages....I am going to goto the jefferson courthouse tomorrow and talk to the PO and whomever else I need to talk to, to start the process.

Sully
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:44 PM
I'm amazed that you parked your bike outside and only had liability insurance on it. My bike was paid off when I rode it off the lot, but I make sure it has lots of insurance ! :)

sugarrey
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:51 PM
It was in a secured parking garage with 24 hours security and security gates, and I had it boxed in by concrete and 2 other vehicle...but if you have the gate opener to the garage like mommy did, you can get away with anything I guess.

I previously had it in a friends garage, but one bike in that garage was stolen so I moved it out to what I thought was a safer place....Learned my lesson!

GixxerCarrie
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 09:59 PM
http://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/SubCategory.cfm/Category/County

Forms are rather easy...Fee is minimal...and you can make him pay for that too...usually a $$$ limit on a civil case. What you need help with the clerk will help you with...since there is already a judgement...All info is here though.

I would ask his PO how long they will him slide before they consider it a viloation, and, instead of a deferred sentence take him back to court? Also, he has to pay the PO $$$ every month..and believe me they are getting their money...there is also victim assistance and you can call them about your rights. That would be under the sheriffs dept/criminal side.

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:07 PM
Good info GC. I should mention that if you are going to try to chase down the parents for vicarious liability, be sure to see what Colorado's specific limits are on that since the $4,100 in my previous info was a national average.

Also, I'm wondering if civil restitution would affect the payments from the kiddo. :dunno: Maybe something could slip through the cracks and you get to nail both of them with restitution payment(s). I'm usually not one to hate like this, but too much bad shit has been happening to good people lately.

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:10 PM
Have to bear in mind Zach that restitution can only be paid out for certain things...such as medical payments - so I'm not sure what all he could go after in that arena. Even if restitution WAS awarded, it can be taken into consideration in a civil suit and reduce payments awarded there.

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:13 PM
Jess, that could be right, however I think the key here is the vicarious liability on the parent's part that covers, for example, any property damage their kids cause. I'm just running off what I remember from Biz Law here, but I feel like there is a in-out case in civil court since judgment has already been ruled on the kiddo.

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:22 PM
Yes, but isn't restitution solely from the criminal side of things? Now that it sounds like that side of the case is closed, are they able to retroactively tack on restitution?
Eh... who in the world knows? The best advice I got after the wreck was just to get a lawyer. There are far too many loopholes and contingencies to guess and work off of hearsay. The involvement of a minor is something also completely out of my realm of experience as well....so yeah..... lawyer time - even if just for a consult!

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:23 PM
Perhaps restitution is not the word I was looking for...? :lol:

But yes, at least talk to some good lawyers.

Orange Crush
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 10:31 PM
Sorry to hear about this whole nightmare. I hope everything works out for you after all.
Best Regards,
Newt.

FZRguy
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:00 PM
I was awarded restitution for property damages from the dead guy…won’t be collecting anything. :lol:

MikeG
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:31 PM
Did you ever hear any word about whether or not the charges for the stolen handguns were dropped or if he was charged separately for a serious felony in that instance.

Sorry to hear about that and I will keep that scumbags name in mind

"We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us. " -Fight Club

thatmofo
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:46 PM
Why is he still walking?

That's what I was wondering.

sugarrey
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 12:23 PM
I am on my way there now to see what I can do. Carrie, thanks so much, you've helped me out a ton!

Zach and Med I am sure this is going to be a nightmare, but I am hoping I get someone (at jefferson courthouse) who has had something stole from them recently and is just as pissed as I am.

Mike, not sure what happened with the stolen gun, they were really tightlipped about that situation with me.

GixxerCarrie
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 12:26 PM
[quote=sugarrey;440441]Carrie, thanks so much, you've helped me out a ton!quote]

No problem....you are very welcome. Hope it all works out.

Black Knight
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
Damn Dude i didnt know this shit was still going on. Did you get a garage to store your bike in? You can always use mine if you want
Roy

Aphrodite
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Damn, Let the anti-terrorist see me post this...screw the law take my shit or break my shit I'm coming after you.

My neighbor is always worried about gangs, I could give a damn about them, it's these little punk ass hats that irritate me.

sugarrey
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Wish I coulda met him in the ring a few years ago in my hay day....