PDA

View Full Version : Most bizarre comment...

Cars-R-Coffins
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 11:30 PM
What is the most bizarre/far-fetched comment, related to motorcycles, you've ever heard while in a motorcycle-type business?

JohnEffinK
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 05:33 AM
"This is a steal for price $xxxxx"..........

John

Sparker
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 06:39 AM
"Motorcycles are cheap to own"

salsashark
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 07:19 AM
"NO ONE needs a liter bike"... oh wait... that wasn't in a dealership... nevermind.

Should read "NO ONE needs a motorcycle"

AetasMutuo
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 07:38 AM
Back in 2005, a dealership back in Vegas trying to sell me a used Hayabusa that had obviously been down at least once for 12K. When I looked it up on NADA it listed for 7k. When I told him this on my second visit I was told;

"Yeah, but if you buy this bike today you get to ring the bell!!"

Those guys were crooks... They were always giving the military guys horible deals on bikes and gear.

:nuke:

2009RavenR1
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 07:48 AM
The guy at apex told me as I was sitting on an 09 R1 "unless you can afford it please stay off the bikes".... Needless to say I took the cash I was willing to pay for a bike up to Coyote (they at least had a raven)

UglykidJoe
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:13 AM
I was sitting on a Ducati at Fey Myer and the sales guy asked me what I thought, I told him that I thought the seat was really uncomfortable compared to what I am used to. He looks at me and says " well you give up some comfort to own a Name bike like Ducati". I chuckled and said well then I guess I am not buying a Ducati, he walked away.

ChrisCBX
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:21 AM
This is VERY easy for me.

I've been a motorhead my whole life. I've bought a bunch of cars/bikes/parts over the years.

NOTHING beats the discussions I had with a dealer on one of my bikes. I questioned the "list" price that I was supposedly receiving a discount from from and I was told to take my business elsewhere. I was supposedly questioning this sales person's integrity.

I was trying to make a cash deal on the bike and was trying to make sure I was getting the best deal possible (who wouldn't?). I told the sales rep right up front that I was paying cash and wanted to find out if I could work something out. He then offered the "discount" on the option kit that turned out to not be a discount.

I checked with the home office of the bike maker and later confirmed that the list price listed for the option kit for the bike was in error. The local dealer had doubled the claimed list price. It was probabably just a simple error but the way that my question was handled was bizarre.

The owner of the dealership got involved to fix the problem.

BigE
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:33 AM
Back in the ol' days, I used to hang around all the different dealers and got to know alot of the sales guys. There were some who were pretty cool and used to let me test ride pretty much any bike I wanted, knowing I wasn't going to buy it, and there were a couple that pretty much blew me off.
Went into one to take another stare at a bike I had been drooling over, only this time had the money to buy it. The owner of the shop came over and told me I was nothing but a lookie-loo. I left went to the other shop with the nicer sales guys, bought my bike and then on the way home stopped by the first place to show them my new bike :D .

The most bizarre comment related to bikes and cars is "the speedometer goes to (insert fictional number here), so it must be fast!"

Shea
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:33 AM
Usually anything Matty says... :)

Sully
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:40 AM
We all know that girls can't ride motorcycles. But if you want one, get that Ninja over there. Girls like Ninja's :wtf:

asp_125
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:43 AM
"you'll kill yourself on those deathtraps!"

Matty
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:49 AM
Not sure if it counts, but at a motorcycle shop, i once heard Shea say, "The tighter the shirt the faster you'll go." :)

Wyck
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:54 AM
We all know that girls can't ride motorcycles. But if you want one, get that Ninja over there. Girls like Ninja's :wtf:

Seriously wtf....on a side note, I never noticed that smilie has an eye twitch.

I've been in 4 dealerships the last few days and heard yesterday at one of them "you're the first person I've seen test ride a sportbike" and another guy said "you beat the system" this after they tried to tell me they could let me do all the paperwork and then if i didn't like it within 10-15 miles take it back and they would rip up the paperwork...yeah right!

2009RavenR1
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:01 AM
Does a bike fall into CO's "buyers remourse" law?

Pandora-11
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:02 AM
I don't have a bike story...but at a used car lot......(Orlando, FL)
I was in my late 20s, stopped by a car lot....the cars were not marked with any price tags, just codes.....I asked the salesman about the price on a particular car....he looked me up and down, bent to look at my watch(?) and said "What does your husband do for a living?" I stood a moment..paused...seethed...said "He's a sharecropper".......and turned on my heel and left him standing there opened mouthed. He was totally clueless as to why I was hugely offended.

salsashark
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:08 AM
During my failed attempt to acquire a Buell 1125R...

When Doug and I were unloading the ZX-14 at the service entrance of the dealership, one of the tech's came out to help and rather sarcastically asked if I was trading that crotch rocket in on a real bike... I looked at him and said "yep... an Aprilia."

Zach929rr
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:10 AM
"Alright, after running your paperwork, looks like the best we can offer you is 26% monthly"

MetaLord 9
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:12 AM
Me: Hi, I'm interested in paying cash for this bike.
Sales Guy: Sure! That bike retails for $8900
Me: That seems a little high, but I know that's the MSRP
SG: Yeah, I know, it's ok though, we'll knock a little off and get you out the door for about $10k.
Me: ...what?
SG: Well sure, we've gotta take it through service and then there's tax & tag, and...and...and...
Me: Yeah, I'll see ya later.

I came back two weeks later with a competitor's ad that said OUT THE DOOR AT $8400. Since the competitor was four states away I kept my business in town and got the damn thing out the door at $8900, but still...$10k for a STOCK 600 that retails for less than $9k??? :wtf:

That's nothing though, I'm sure Dana's cousin's friend's son's dog's wife's brother-in-law heard some legendary bullshit when he bough a stock R1 or R6 (can't remember which) with no extras (i.e. gear) for $16,000... (yeah, $16k, you read that right.)

GixxerCarrie
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:25 AM
This will really surprise my friends...lol.

Bike night Boston's last week:
Me: Why is McVaaaahs Headlight out
Jeff: (silence)
Me: Why is it that all the bikes have one headlight out? Is it that time of year?
Jeff: I thought you were joking when you said that.

Then came the explanation...I'm like Really?!?!?! How is it I did not know this?

MetaLord 9
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:27 AM

Me: Why is it that all the bikes have one headlight out? Is it that time of year?

Then came the explanation...I'm like Really?!?!?! How is it I did not know this?
... :wtf:

Go sit in the corner, Carrie.

Shea
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:28 AM
Not sure if it counts, but at a motorcycle shop, i once heard Shea say, "The tighter the shirt the faster you'll go." :)

You laugh, but you know it's true bitch :)

Shea
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:29 AM
I came back two weeks later with a competitor's ad that said OUT THE DOOR AT $8400. Since the competitor was four states away I kept my business in town and got the damn thing out the door at $8900, but still...$10k for a STOCK 600 that retails for less than $9k??? :wtf:

Did you get the undercoating with that Chris? The unobtanium wheel bearings? Shit adds up

MetaLord 9
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:30 AM
You laugh, but you know it's true bitch :)
Only on your little motorcycle that runs on dreams, is powered by hope, and uses change for oil...Ya know, kind like the Obamacracy :D

Sorry, that one was too good to pass up. Flame on flamas...

Matty
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:30 AM

Hahaha.... i couldn't stop laughing. I was like ummmm..... one light is the low beam the other the high. You're face was priceless.

MetaLord 9
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:31 AM
Did you get the undercoating with that Chris? The unobtanium wheel bearings? Shit adds up
Well I thought about getting the muzzy clutch, but it didn't come with enough stickers for me to really buy into the HP boost...

Shea
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:32 AM
Only on your little motorcycle that runs on dreams, is powered by hope, and uses change for oil...Ya know, kind like the Obamacracy :D

Sorry, that one was too good to pass up. Flame on flamas...

That's it, I'm wearing an extra tight shirt tonight f**ker. My face may be purple but I will be able to go plaid on the gixxer...

MetaLord 9
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:37 AM
That's it, I'm wearing an extra tight shirt tonight f**ker. My face may be purple but I will be able to go plaid on the gixxer...
Down boy. No one needs to see your purple head. Once is enough!
:puke:

GixxerCarrie
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:42 AM
Hahaha.... i couldn't stop laughing. I was like ummmm..... one light is the low beam the other the high. You're face was priceless.

:banghead:Well you learn something new everyday...but, how come no one told me that :oops: ...I said to Jeff...Sorry Blond Moment, but, I really didn't know. I'm like do cops know that. It was seriously a funny moment at the table..Sullys look itself was priceless.:)

DevilsTonic
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:45 AM
Saw this on an R1 in a shop in Kansas City, MO a couple years ago. Had to take a picture of it.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o9/yzfr1grl/1sttimebuyer.jpg

MetaLord 9
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:49 AM
Saw this on an R1 in a shop in Kansas City, MO a couple years ago. Had to take a picture of it.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o9/yzfr1grl/1sttimebuyer.jpg
It's the fastest coffin you'll ever buy...

Shea
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:50 AM
It's the fastest coffin you'll ever buy...

0-death in 2.3 sec

Devaclis
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:52 AM
"Here hold this, I am going to try something"

MetaLord 9
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:59 AM
"Here hold this, I am going to try something"
:pointlaugh:

Think
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 10:05 AM
Not necessarily a comment, but when looking at an SV650 at FoCo Motorsports, the salesman was going through all the extra fees when I asked him what exactly a couple of them meant because they sounded like bullshit. Guy completely ignores my question and keeps talking. Needless to say I went up the road to Interstate and brought home a new bike that day.

AetasMutuo
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 10:59 AM
"Alright, after running your paperwork, looks like the best we can offer you is 26% monthly"

!!!

Wow... that should be F***ing criminal.

PsychoMike
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 01:38 PM
looking at the new r6 when it came out(2006) i tell the salesman i want to see the R6 and he pulls out of r6s. when i told him I wanted the real r6 he tried to convince me the r6s was much better because it was the s model.

Zach929rr
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 01:53 PM
!!!

Wow... that should be F***ing criminal.

Needless to say, I walked out rather furious, especially since it took the guy almost an hour to run my loan paperwork. I won't name names, but it was definitely one of the more disliked places around here.

cdbouncer
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 03:29 PM
This happened today...."what's that helmet for?"

um - how exactly do you respond to that? I told the guy it was for my head....:shocked:

Mental
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 03:51 PM
"I know its looks broken, but I can fix that easily, in a month this bike will be awesome."

Me, to my wife, in the driveway about 12 times...

Cars-R-Coffins
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 03:55 PM
looking at the new r6 when it came out(2006) i tell the salesman i want to see the R6 and he pulls out of r6s. when i told him I wanted the real r6 he tried to convince me the r6s was much better because it was the s model.

The salesman should have been fired on the spot.

Devaclis
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 03:59 PM
Dude holding Quiznos sign - What is that camera on your helmet for?

Me - Taking pictures

Dude holding Quiznos sign - Cool, that's what I thought.

Me - You work at Quiznos?

Dude holding Quiznos sign - Yeah

Me - That's what I thought.

Shea
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 04:02 PM
Jack Burton: What's in the flask, Egg? Magic potion?
[/URL]Egg Shen: Yeah.
(http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0939378/)Jack Burton: Thought so, good. What do we do, drink it?
Egg Shen: Yeah!
[URL="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000621/"] (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0939378/)Jack Burton: Good! Thought so.

~Barn~
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 04:12 PM
:spit:

Wow.... Just when I think this thread can't get any funnier, B.T.I.L.C gets reset.

TFOGGuys
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 04:23 PM
Salesman to guy at Un-named Very Large Local dealer about 10 years ago, speaking to the guy he'd just sold a CBR900RR to:"No, the lever on the left is your clutch, the one on the right is the front brake...."

:banghead::banghead::wtf:

Tipys
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 04:39 PM
Um first carrie wtf lmfao its cause you ride a gixxer. But both my headlight are always on. That's cause I'm riding naked.

Me after breaking rule 1 at pmi.

Me; hey can I go back out. (Said jokingly)
People at table; No......what's the other side even look like.

Tipys
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 04:42 PM
Um first carrie wtf lmfao its cause you ride a gixxer. But both my headlight are always on. That's cause I'm riding naked.

Me after breaking rule 1 at pmi.

Me; hey can I go back out. (Said jokingly)
People at table; No......what's the other side even look like.

cromer611
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
some dude:"Man that bike is F#cked up."
Me:"Shit'l buff out."

Fugayzin
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 03:41 AM
Dude holding Quiznos sign - What is that camera on your helmet for?

Me - Taking pictures

Dude holding Quiznos sign - Cool, that's what I thought.

Me - You work at Quiznos?

Dude holding Quiznos sign - Yeah

Me - That's what I thought.

:pointlaugh:...funniest things I've read all day, priceless.

cornhuskxr
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 04:39 PM
Some Kid and his Father came to look at my old Katana I was selling and the kid told his dad "It's a starter bike it really doen't go much over 65mph".

Dad " It doesn't sound stock, its kinda loud"

Needles to Say it got SOLD!!

Jim_Vess
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 10:26 PM
"Your bike will run a lot better once we get that Mobil 1 out of there and get you set up with genuine Harley-Davidson oil."

I heard the service guy at an HD dealership say that to my friend when he brought his Dyna in for service.

Horsman
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 10:58 PM

Really??? you never questioned my One Headlight??? Really :wtf:

Don't worry - everyone thinks my headlight is broken

Whoop Whoop Blinky Blink Whoop Whoop (No, Not Carrie Sounds but the Po Po)

Cop pulled me over.
Cop: you know why I stopped you???
Me "inside voice": My Gut is full of Draft Beer???
Me "outside voice": I don't know...
Cop: Your Headlight is out...
Me "outside": really?
Me "inside": I am going to jail
I get off the bike - actually the bike gets off me
Cop: Yer Headlight is broken
Me: No, it is not!!!
Cop: Yes, it is...
Me: It is the new MotoGP style (I said that 3 times with my visor down full of Bud Medium - probably sounded like "MoHo Jeep P" - "Mo Toe, Gee P" - "Mo Ho Tee Pee"
Cop: Huh?
Flashed him my highbeams
Cop looked at me like I would have been too much paperwork
Cop walks away
Cop: Have a Nice Night
Me: You too (probably sounded like "Screw you")

GixxerCarrie
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 11:07 PM
Really??? you never questioned my One Headlight??? Really :wtf:

Don't worry - everyone thinks my headlight is broken

Whoop Whoop Blinky Blink Whoop Whoop (No, Not Carrie Sounds but the Po Po)

Cop pulled me over.
Cop: you know why I stopped you???
Me "inside voice": My Gut is full of Draft Beer???
Me "outside voice": I don't know...
Cop: Your Headlight is out...
Me "outside": really?
Me "inside": I am going to jail
I get off the bike - actually the bike gets off me
Cop: Yer Headlight is broken
Me: It is the new MotoGP style (I said that 3 times with my visor down full of Bud Medium - probably sounded like "MoHo Jeep P" - "Mo Toe, Gee P" - "Mo Ho Tee Pee"
Cop: Huh?
Flashed him my highbeams
Cop looked at me like I would have been too much paperwork
Cop walks away
Cop: Have a Nice Night
Me: You too (probably sounded like "Screw you")

SEE! I knew I wasn't the only one!?!?!?!?!?!

Tipys
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 11:34 PM
^^^Ya but I bet the cop doesnt ride a motorcycle

Raptor
Fri Apr 24th, 2009, 09:47 AM
^^^Ya but I bet the cop doesnt ride a motorcycle

:pointlaugh:

GixxerCarrie
Fri Apr 24th, 2009, 09:50 AM
SOOOO..he should still know...Damns it! (Yes, I should have) but I'm challenged sometimes...lmao!