PDA

View Full Version : I didn't think it was possible. (Pics of the '05 Zook GP)

Bertha
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 09:57 AM
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/2005mgp/05suz.jpg

OOOOOO ME LIKLY!!!

Story Here... (http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2005/Jan/050131n.htm)

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 11:49 AM
Suzuki actually managed to make something uglier than the new Gixxers.

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 11:50 AM
:puke:

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 11:51 AM
Looking at it kinda make me want to hang myself :shock:

Anonymous
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 11:51 AM
Where there's a will, there's a way.

It'll be interesting to see how the new ride does.

Kristian
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 11:55 AM
Where there's a will, there's a way.

...and enough $$$...

Kristian

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 11:56 AM
Me too. I'm wondering if any of Suzuki's rider have the heart to even try this year after what the whole orginization went through lasy season.

Even if the bike were as good as the M1 or the RC211V the team may not have any faith left.

Should be fun to watch though :lol:

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 11:57 AM
God its so ugly :evil:

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 12:00 PM
its so god damn ugly i think it just ruined my life.

UGLY!

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 12:09 PM
Damn, looks like I'm riding Bertha's coat tails :?

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 12:22 PM
i love it except for the exhaust...why didn't they go undertail?

Bugkiller1
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 12:25 PM
Looks nice except for the exhaust hangers.

It will still get its ass kicked by Yamaha and Honda.... and proabably Ducati, Kawisaki. It may have a chance against the Proton team and the Harris team. ;)

green_zx7r
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 01:05 PM
Can't say I like the new paint job, but I still think the GSV-R looks damn good.

They modified the air scoop though, and it seems to resemble the Daytona 600 a little, which isn't attractive. Other than that, it's a sweet looking bike in my opinion! :)

I don't have much hope for Kenny Rogers JR or whatever his real name is, but I do have hope for John Hopkins. He's put the GSV-R on the front row on occassion, and he's also had very fast qualifying times with it. I think they definitely have a chance this year to get on the podium.
The other good thing is, they now have a new team manager, Paul Denning, from the BSB Rizla Suzuki squad. Garry Taylor is retiring, and I think Paul Denning will be a good fresh addition to the team to raise the fallen spirits (or raise hell).

One more thing they need to do, get rid of Mr. Negative Kenny Roberts JR, and add somebody like Mladin/Yates/Spies in there.

The GECCO
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 01:15 PM
:dunno: I don't see whats so bad about it...I'll admit the paint scheme doesn't flatter the lines of the bike very well, but if it was painted differently (think matte black with a few highlights of a grey/silver/gunmetal type color) I think it'd look pretty sweet.

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 01:22 PM
I have great hope for Hopper too, but I think things get to him too easily.

If the bike works flawlessly I'm sure he'll do well. Probably at least top ten. but if he has even a small problem to overcome I don't feel he'll be able to make a good showing.
I doubt the bike will make a complete turn around anyway so its all a moot point really :lol:

Don't even get me started on Mladin/Yates?spies in GP :shock: :lol:

Lel
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 01:34 PM
reason its not undertail is undertail in general creates more kinks, more kinks = less power plain and simple.

Look at the rc211, it has an undertail and a side pipe. (however the undertail on the 211 are fairly straight). Now being a v i dont know how the exhaust comes off the head.

However screw what it looks like, race bikes are meant to be fast, not to look good (although they usually do)

lel

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 01:37 PM
I like how all there is to talk about with htis bike is the old looking paint :lol:

God I hate Suzuki :lol:

voncon
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 01:38 PM
I just read in Sport Rider (March) that Hopper was offered many other rides and "elected" to stay on with Suzuki. Honestly, I kind of like the new bike... it reminds me of my old Katana :lol:

They managed to redesign the motor a bit and got some of the power that they desperately needed, and they are now on Bridgestones... which I see as a bonus. They will hopefully get better help with tire development than running second fiddle for the Michelin guys.

KRJR -- I think he's lost the fight in him... not that I know him personally -- I just try to picture life as a former world champion clawing at the back of the pack :cry:

Hopper has a career in front of him yet.

Just my thoughts

Kurt

Hoopty
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 01:41 PM
I thought that was funny too. :lol: I really don't think the bike looks that cool. :dunno:

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 01:41 PM
It was a little puzzling when Hopkiins choose to remain with the almost defunct team.

I think it was his strong sense of loyalty. That being said, put the boy on the RC and watch out!

Anonymous
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 01:44 PM
Can't say I like the new paint job,........... :imwithstupid: The swirls on the tail section kind of reminds me of Ralph's paint job! :lol: :P ;)

http://www.imaginary-designs.com/gallery/albums/IMS-2004/P1010397.sized.jpg

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 01:48 PM
Its like totally psycadelic man...

uh i got the munchies :shock:

Anonymous
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 02:00 PM
It was a little puzzling when Hopkiins choose to remain with the almost defunct team.

I think it was his strong sense of loyalty. That being said, put the boy on the RC and watch out!From the January edition of Roadracing World, the article "The GP Kid", written by John Hopkins:

Before the final race of the season at Valencia I was talking with Ducati and Suzuki and that was who it came down to for next year. Everything seemed really good with the ducati and it looked like that was moving forward, but ultimately they ended up choosing Carlos Checa just due to the fact that he has a Spanish passport. Ducati's main sponsor is Malboro and Spain is their biggest market and they need to sell Spanish cigarettes, so they went with him.

Basically, the bosses at Suzuki came back and said that they want results and performance-wise that they were going to stick with me. Going into the weekend, I was quite confident the Suzuki deal was going to happen. We had already agreed to all the terms and all that was left was to sign on the dotted line ...

It was also the first weekend with the new team manager there, Paul Denningm whoran the top British Superbike team for the past several seasons. He's a real nice guy and he seems really focused and motivated. He's quite young to be a team manager, but I think he knows what needs to be done and what changes are needed to get there, so I'm pretty excited to have him on board.

And from the MotoGP Notes from the same issue:

"I signed just before lunch today and it lifted a big weight from my shoulders," said Hopkins on Saturday at Valencia. "Suzuki's commitment to its racing department is tremendous and we have new people coming on board with the team bringing fresh ideas to the table... The team made major improvements to the bke this year and if we can continue that I think we can be a real contender next year."

Next year Suzuki's MotoGP squad will have a new team manager for the first time in more than two decades - Briton Paul Denning, who fronted the factory's successful British Superbike campaign this season - and Hopkins believes that will make a difference to his fortunes. "Paul is really motivated," said Hopper. "He's determined to see the team put in the effort it needs to be successful. He seems on the ball and ready to go. The team's momentum is already rolling this year and I'm optimistic that we'll take it to the next level in 2005.

I think maybe Hopper has some inside info that we don't know about. ;)

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 02:11 PM
Just needed to sell Spanish cigarettes sounds like a bit of an excuse for not being picked up.
Granted Ducati like European riders more than filthy Americans, but that just sounds like :bs:
Just my view of course.

Every year every manufactuer/rider says they think they have a real contender. Rarely is it true.
And I deffinetly think that the Zooki will have better results next year, I mean it almost has to be better from shear physics :lol:, I doubt it'll explode the way the M1 did last year. I think Hopper just had a lack of options and a sense of duty to his team.

Hos showings last year wern't knocking anyone outta thier shoes. Of course he still has a better chance then Hayden ever will

~Barn~
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 02:13 PM
I like how we have two threads going on this same bike/picture. :lol:

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 02:14 PM
Thats a result of me leaving for work before posting it and Bertha posting while I was leaving :lol:

Still ugly as a mother

Lel
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 02:54 PM
shame shame on all of you... you are missing the important parts, you sound like women! 'it looks pretty it looks ugly'

What looks GOOOOOOD is the things you guys are missing, ie the full ohlins front, the brembo radials, the carbon rotor, the mag wheels, inverted swing arm, tiny ass rear sprocket, and what you dont see the BILLET case.

Paint shmaint, exhaust blah... its all about how it runs; and it would blow away any bike any of us have ever ridden, superbiked or not. It may get beaten by the honda, yama, duc even maybe kawi, but it still is in the top 5 bikes in the WORLD.

lel

Hoopty
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 02:58 PM
Pussy bike. ;)

Lel
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 03:07 PM
bah ill have to bitch in this thread too! haha it looks great

I even think the paint looks ok as well.

lel

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 03:22 PM
:P

~Barn~
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 03:28 PM
And through the magic of computers. So have duplicate topics merged. :lol:

Lel
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 03:31 PM
bah you merged it in the wrong forum :) haha i only like to read the two pages i have bookmarked! (because im just that lazy) and racing and general is all I look at.

hah

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 04:40 PM
Well the topic was started talking about the way the bike looks. And it looks ugly.
If you want to start a post talking about the technical aspects of these queer machine go ahead, til then: its fuckin ugly

Lel
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 05:01 PM
im not saying technical, im saying the parts i see :) look good, let alone I think the bike looks damn good, would rather ride down the street on that then any other yam/suz/honda/kawi/duc

Mother Goose
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 05:22 PM
i'm w/ Lel on this one.... i'm sure they didn't build it to make it look pretty :slap:

Anonymous
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 05:28 PM
I forgot to mention...

Despite what I said earlier, I'd still twist it! :twisted:

~Barn~
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 05:28 PM
I'm with a few people on this one.

It's definitely not the coolest paintjob I've ever seen, but then again, paint does not make fast. :lol:

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 06:03 PM
I'd say the biggest thing keeping it from being fast is the fact that its a Suzuki :lol:

King Nothing
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 06:22 PM
I'd say the biggest thing keeping it from being fast is the fact that its a Suzuki :lol:You're just pissed you can't get my TL running!

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 06:30 PM
actually it runs quite nicely now :D

Wahooman
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 06:39 PM
I'm with a few people on this one.

It's definitely not the coolest paintjob I've ever seen, but then again, paint does not make fast. :lol:
Your right there Barn.....paint does not make a bike fast.....stickers do. I mean put a sticker on your car or bike and it adds at least 10HP, or at least that is what I am told :lol:
I like it, will be interesting to watch. :D

Anonymous
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 06:42 PM
I hope for Hopper's sake the bike does have some more power, and is reliable. The few times he was doing good, it sucked to see him have to bail due to mechanical problems. :|

Mista Black
Mon Jan 31st, 2005, 06:50 PM
actually it runs quite nicely now :D

So when's a good time for me to come pick it up??

Stuart Little
Tue Feb 1st, 2005, 08:40 AM
Your right there Barn.....paint does not make a bike fast.....stickers do. I mean put a sticker on your car or bike and it adds at least 10HP, or at least that is what I am told :lol:

Whoever told you that is freakin retarded stickers don't make a car or bike faster...

Waxing it does :D :doublefinger:

Feathered upstart!
Tue Feb 1st, 2005, 08:53 AM
It gives it a better C of D :lol:

Stuart Little
Tue Feb 1st, 2005, 12:53 PM
*screams*

It puts the black paint on it's skin!!!

green_zx7r
Tue Feb 1st, 2005, 10:01 PM
I think Hopper will get some top 5 results next year if no one plows him off the road (ahem, Capirex) or retire due to mechanicals. May not be consistent top 5 results, but hey, in order to do that you have to either be on RC211Vs or M1s.

I'm also eager to see how Ducs fly next season. It's quite unfortunate to see Bayliss get kicked out for Careless Chucker, err, Carlos Checa, or Mr. Spanish Sponsership Rider. Hopefully the Desmosedici will show the big manufacturers how size does not matter (or is it money?).