PDA

View Full Version : System (Rant)

Tipys
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 09:39 PM
Ok I will start this with a little history for those that don't know me. I had a heart transplant almost 11 years ago. Without it I wouldn't be here today. Been fighting Social Securty for the last 2 years because I turned 18. I am no longer considered disabled because I can work and make a gain able income of a whole 18k a year. Which is below proverd. Been in front of a judge and plegd are case. Stateing the only reason I am able to work is due to constent doctor visits and medication. A different judge made the ruling which was unfavorable. She took things I said out of context and we were never notifed of the change or why it was made. Now in the next stage of this of appiel we will pleg are case in front of a panel. However because of the stage we are in I will be losing my Medicaid at the end of april. Which like I said with out the med and doc's I can't work. Have no health care at work cant pay for my own being its pre-exiting. So because I would rather go work and do something other then just use the system. I am being penalized for it.

Mizzybeff
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 09:48 PM
I'm sorry hun I really don't know enough about the system to help. But I can say that it really really sucks and I know how the system can really screw u over sometimes. Good luck hun.

honey
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 09:54 PM
Good Luck! They usually drag it out long enough so that people give up. Saves them a lot of money.

Tipys
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 09:58 PM
Honey funny thing is I am only fighting for a status to keep my Medicaid so its really costing them money. Their is no chance I will give up either this is life or death.

y_merkle
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 10:02 PM
I always thought the system is suppose to help you become independant yet I am not sure in which way they hope to accomplish that when they refuse aid to those with crediable circumstances such as yours.
Yet I know of a few individuals that honestly abuse the system when they are capable of working an honest living with no crediable reason to be considered disable.
I really feel for you man and wish I knew better how the system works. It is definitly screwy and wish you luck.

Kitten
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 10:18 PM
I was recently declined medical coverage due to preexisting conditions (sinus surgery 7 years ago). The state of Colorado has medical coverage for those who are declined for preexisting conditions. The plan is called Cover Colorado. Look it up online, they have different coverages you can choose from (all ppo) and it is much less expensive than all the other coverages. Just thought I would pass on that info. Hope everything works out for you!

GixxerCarrie
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 10:24 PM
Keep the fight Trev...I have also heard the same thing. They want people to give up/break...Also, look into what Juke said...that's a good alternative till you win.

lil_shane84
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 11:03 PM
fuck the system bro.. if worse comes to worse you can always be a drug dealer.. whats better then a non taxable income? NOTHING! plus you could just pay for your doc visits in cash!

Skyzor
Thu Apr 23rd, 2009, 11:48 PM
As a bonus, most places will shoot you a discount if you pay cash!

Cataract2
Fri Apr 24th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Mission medical is on la salle street. If you look them up and call. Get an appointment with Clark, the addmissions guy. They can help you out with your doctor's visits and even your medications. Bring your 2008 taxes last, 30 days proof of income and your medicaid denial letter and you probably will qualify. It is a nice place with great staff they help people who fall in that whole between state support and the ability to self pay. If you become a patient at the clinic they can help with denist visits as well which is very important since you already have a heart condition.

Devaclis
Fri Apr 24th, 2009, 07:12 AM
From experience, if you tell your doctor that are not covered and you have very little cash they will provide care for a large discount. I have had to do this twice in my life and both times, ad 2 docs in 2 different states provided care for an amount I could pay for that day, in cash. It was very cool of them. I would have gone without care otherwise.