PDA

View Full Version : Chicane Announces 5/11 at PMP $97!!! Special Guest Rider Jason DiSalvo!

rybo
Sat Apr 25th, 2009, 11:31 PM
That's right folks! The sub $100 trackday has returned to Colorado. In coordination with PMP we were able to put together a Monday Trackday at PMP for just $97 per rider!!!

As if that wasn't cool enough we will have a special guest rider with us on Monday. Daytona 200 3rd place finisher Jason DiSalvo will be riding with us that day. (I'm pretty sure he's riding in the "race" group")

There are some slight structural changes to how the day will be run, but the same dedication to a quality event and safety will be present at this day as it is at EVERY Chicane day!. The event will be fully staffed with corner crew, ambulance and track management. We will also have a limited number of instructors on hand to help you reach your next riding goal.

Instead of three sessions, this event will have only two. They will be broken out by the number of people who sign up for the event and their experience levels, but essentially Street riders in one group and Race riders in the other.

There are a limited number of spots available for this day, so sign up early and bring a friend!

http://ChicaneTrackDays.com/register.html

Due to the limited number of instructors available for this day there are only 3 never ever spots available and 5 spots for riders who require instruction.

Come out and enjoy the return of the cheap trackday in Colorado!

Hope to see you there!

Scott
www.chicanetrackdays.com

eg bter
Sat Apr 25th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Might have to get off work for this one :)

Zach929rr
Sat Apr 25th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Want to go, but will need a tow there. Who's got a trailer spot available?

eg bter
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 12:53 AM
We might if we decide to go...

OUTLAWD
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 08:07 AM
hmm...this is so very tempting

Tipys
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I hate you all right now.

Sean
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 09:48 AM
First day of Maymester classes. :banghead: :cry:

Matrix
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Probably in. :hump: I need to check the work schedule tomorrow.

Player 2
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 05:02 PM
HELLS YES! I'm there...

Need to get my leathers repaired first though. Rybo, where's the best place to get that stretch panel fixed??

rybo
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Sean,

You said "any time after May 10th" I make it May 11th and what do you do??? sign up for more classes? What's wrong with you?

j/k

Jon

call Kris Hillman
(720) 338-7574

Tell her I sent you. I can help you get the leathers to her if you need.

scott

Tipys
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Scott maybe Sean isn't as much of a track junkie as he says he is.

jgixxer1
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 06:06 AM
I'm in like Flynn!! Two sessions? Are they going to be 30min sessions?

rybo
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 07:26 AM
I'm in like Flynn!! Two sessions? Are they going to be 30min sessions?

yup

Sean
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 07:32 AM
and what did you do??? sign up for more classes? What's wrong with you?Teaching, not taking. I'd happily skip if I were a student in the class. Besides, I didn't know you'd throw me a curve ball and do it during the week. :scream1: Don't worry, I'm contributing, all of my gear is already loaned out to a rider :up:

spdr8cr02
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 07:42 AM
IN

Snowman
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Has there been any discussion on the possibility to get lap times recorded some how?

Something like a racer bring their own transponder and you guys or some outside company charges a additional fee to record lap times that can be printed out, email or posted online?

motolitho
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 02:53 PM
I'm in!

rybo
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Has there been any discussion on the possibility to get lap times recorded some how?

Something like a racer bring their own transponder and you guys or some outside company charges a additional fee to record lap times that can be printed out, email or posted online?

Randall,

I've started looking into something like this, but the up front costs are pretty expensive. I'd like to do it in the future, and would probably utilize some kind of RFID system instead of using existing transponders, since RFID tags are pretty cheap and I could probably give them to everyone who attended instead of people buying transponders.

In the meantime, I have a laptimer you can borrow for the day if you want to look at your own laptimes.

Scott

SaShWhO
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 03:55 PM
no way for me:cry:

200sr20
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Do you need corner workers?

Sean
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Do you need corner workers?
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31133

JPrider
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Just signed up! I'm in!:yay:

dragos13
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Going to be another great trackday!! Thanks Scott.

Remember to stop by Gibby's this weekend to watch the MotoGP racing and enter for your chance to win a free trackday pass for this event! Check the Social Events page for more info.

ZiaThunder
Sat May 2nd, 2009, 11:25 AM
Yippie... I just saw the May Schedule and I'm off that day. No reason I couldn't get in some more track time before I head back south.

gsxrguy5
Sat May 2nd, 2009, 06:20 PM
I have tried twice to get info from chicane about track days with no response... what gives? Does anyone know if I can register for a track day with chicane without having done a track day with them before? I have done track days with Sportbike Track Time in Ohio, but none here (aside from racing the mini..) Any info would be appreciated...

Sean
Sat May 2nd, 2009, 06:59 PM
Hey gsxrguy5,
I don't know the answer to your Q, but I know there has been some sort of problem with the email through that website. It's not like the owner to not get back to people. If you can give it one more shot, Give Rybo (he's the first post in this thread and his name is Scott) a private message. That should work. If you don't hear from him I can always call him for you.

rybo
Sat May 2nd, 2009, 07:15 PM
Hey,

I'm very sorry. The weblink from the contact form on the website has not been working all the time.

Yes, you can come if you've not done a trackday with us before. Please bring a reciept, a certificate or something that says you've been on the track with STT (Monte and Bonnie run a great operation) and we'll get you set up. I will have one of my instructors ride a couple laps on the track with you to show you the track entry, exit and the way around the course.

Again my apologies for the broken link, looking forward to seeing you there!

Scott

gsxrguy5
Sat May 2nd, 2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the quick follow up guys! I appreciate it! I'll be looking forward to some track time on the new duc...

rybo
Mon May 4th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Bump for the least expensive, fully staffed trackday in the COUNTRY!

Hours of ride time, Ambulance on site, Cafe open, FULL STAFF including instructors! AND an MRA race license school!

What will we come up with next? Show up on Monday the 11th and see!

Scott

rforsythe
Mon May 4th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I hear Chicane events draw all the finest people, too!

Player 2
Mon May 4th, 2009, 12:30 PM
You can can even come participate in the betting pool, How long will Jon keep the bike up this time :lol:

Snowman
Mon May 4th, 2009, 12:35 PM
You can can even come participate in the betting pool, How long will Jon keep the bike up this time :lol:Has anyone taken the bet for first lap turn one yet? :)

Player 2
Mon May 4th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Nope, that box is still available :spit:

JPrider
Mon May 4th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Does anyone know if there is any room for the "Never Ever" session? I have a friend that wants to try the track.

JP

eklew
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Does anyone know if there is any room for the "Never Ever" session? I have a friend that wants to try the track.

JP

You sure that's not for you!!!! J/K man, you going to be there with your new track toy??? PS. I am pretty sure there may be some never ever spots but I am sure Rybo will chime in on that.

JPrider
Mon May 4th, 2009, 09:10 PM
You sure that's not for you!!!! J/K man, you going to be there with your new track toy??? PS. I am pretty sure there may be some never ever spots but I am sure Rybo will chime in on that.

I am most definitelely going to be there with my new toy!!! I have been trying to test it out here in the neighborhood but somebody called the cops on me. Cop was cool about it...he was amazed with the bikes.

Zach929rr
Mon May 4th, 2009, 10:20 PM
+1 on Never Ever openings! Need to know :D

Player 2
Mon May 4th, 2009, 10:21 PM
The easy answer on Never Ever is...

if they're available for purchase in the shopping cart, they're still available ;)

Zach929rr
Mon May 4th, 2009, 10:22 PM
All I needed to know! Thanks Jon.

Think
Mon May 4th, 2009, 10:25 PM
I hate you all right now.
+1. I've got exams Monday and Tuesday.

Player 2
Mon May 4th, 2009, 10:25 PM
All I needed to know! Thanks Jon.

:up:

Pretty sure there's a small group of us going camping on Sunday night (not AT the track but nearby) if some might be interested...

Zach929rr
Mon May 4th, 2009, 10:27 PM
If I end up coming, I will be in tow with Joe on Sunday afternoon. Didn't have a chance to go up the mountain to camp last summer so I need to start doing some makeup :D

rybo
Mon May 4th, 2009, 10:32 PM
go to the registration page:

http://ChicaneTrackDays.com/register.html

If "never ever" is still in the menu as "available" then there is a spot left.

As of right now there is one spot remaining.

Scott

rybo
Mon May 4th, 2009, 10:33 PM
wow.....team ninja on this board. You must all ride Kawasakis

Player 2
Mon May 4th, 2009, 10:33 PM
How about we auction off the last Never Ever to help Scott's quest :D

I've got $60 on it :p

wow.....team ninja on this board. You must all ride Kawasakis
Just trying to do my part boss :D

Zach929rr
Mon May 4th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Make that 0 Never Ever's.

Archangel
Mon May 4th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Just FYI, an MRA race certification will also qualify you for a UtahSBA license if you want to come race at the bestest track in the country.

pm me if you're ever interested in joining us and I'll make sure you get hooked up!

HOTCARCASS
Tue May 5th, 2009, 03:37 AM
I'm really looking forward to this. It's been really awsome getting to know all you guys. I'll see ya out there.

jgixxer1
Tue May 5th, 2009, 06:07 AM
I am most definitelely going to be there with my new toy!!! I have been trying to test it out here in the neighborhood but somebody called the cops on me. Cop was cool about it...he was amazed with the bikes.

What'd you end up gettin'?

JPrider
Tue May 5th, 2009, 07:47 AM
What'd you end up gettin'?

Got an 03 R6

Matrix
Tue May 5th, 2009, 11:39 AM
*** Camping Update ***

So for those of you interested camping the night before Lake Pueblo state park is ~8 miles south of the track. Cost is 18 dollars per night and you can have 1 rv and a tent or two tents per site. I think they also charge a vehical fee of 6 bucks as well but I am not 100% sure on that.

I have reserved spot #41 in the Arkansas Point B Loop and their are several spots available around there. My plan is to arrive around 6, fire up the grill, drink a brew and relax in advance of what is going to be a great day at the track. By all means please come by the campsite if your there or camp next to us.

Info:
Park Map: http://parks.state.co.us/NR/rdonlyres/63C53C1B-3AE9-4374-A308-ACC28A8242B2/0/LakePuebloAreaBro.pdf

Reservations:

(303) 470-1144 in the
Denver area, or online at www.parks.state.co.us (http://www.parks.state.co.us).

Directions from the track: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=640+Pueblo+Reservoir+Rd,+Pueblo,+CO+81005+(L ake+Pueblo+State+Park)&daddr=38.310952,-104.66383&geocode=FQKuRwIddqzB-SHjIBFu-Jg3jQ%3B&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=13&sll=38.287646,-104.69799&sspn=0.091353,0.153809&ie=UTF8&ll=38.286838,-104.691296&spn=0.091354,0.153809&z=13

rybo
Tue May 5th, 2009, 04:50 PM
THIS JUST IN!

Jason DiSalvo, AMA pro rider and all around nice guy will be joining us on Monday for some fun at PMP!

Sign up now, get in on the cheapest fully staffed trackday in the country. AND get to spend some time at the track with one of America's best racers!

Tipys
Tue May 5th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Rybo now your just slowly killing me

eklew
Tue May 5th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Damn, Matt Lynn at the last race and now DiSalvo!!!! This is going to be AWESOME!!!!

Zach929rr
Tue May 5th, 2009, 10:22 PM
See you fellars for some cherry-bustin' on Monday.

Player 2
Tue May 5th, 2009, 10:28 PM
:up: :up:

200sr20
Tue May 5th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Rybo now your just slowly killing me

I'm feelin your pain buddy

cdbouncer
Wed May 6th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Woohooo!!! For Jason DiSalvo!!!!!

....oh wait, who? :cry: Now I gotta go learn another new person? sheesh!

....google here I come....

pg_rider
Wed May 6th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Couple questions:

- Would a ~1:50 pace fit into the race group? Or is it better suited to the street group?

- If two riders (my wife and I) want to share one bike, both riding in the street group (i.e. alternating sessions), can we just pay for one person since it's really only one bike?

dragos13
Wed May 6th, 2009, 11:06 AM
THIS JUST IN!

Jason DiSalvo, AMA pro rider and all around nice guy will be joining us on Monday for some fun at PMP!

Sign up now, get in on the cheapest fully staffed trackday in the country. AND get to spend some time at the track with one of America's best racers!

Great work Scott. I would say if you haven't made it to a Chicane Trackday yet, DO NOT MISS this one!!!

As for everyone already addicted, see you there :)

rforsythe
Wed May 6th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Like you guys need any more incentive to be there, but...

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.

Matrix
Wed May 6th, 2009, 12:40 PM
This just keeps getting better and better. :up:

Like you guys need any more incentive to be there, but...

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.

rybo
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:07 AM
This day just keeps getting better! You don't want to miss it.

Desmodromico
Thu May 7th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Anyone else on here doing the Vanmar Race School?

Player 2
Thu May 7th, 2009, 12:09 PM
There's a couple others doing the school with you ;)

Man I can't wait! New rearset coming today. New tires on by Monday :D

Ralph, those tire warmers still up for use? :cheers:

rforsythe
Thu May 7th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Yep, warmers are in the trailer for ya Jon.

I know there are a lot of holdouts waiting to sign up for some reason, get on it people!!

Gshak
Thu May 7th, 2009, 04:29 PM
This sounds pretty damn sweet.

What's the chance there is a $60 for half day option?? Might have work in the AM.

rybo
Thu May 7th, 2009, 05:55 PM
This sounds pretty damn sweet.

What's the chance there is a $60 for half day option?? Might have work in the AM.

Chance is pretty good. 1/2 day is $65. While I don't sell 1/2 days on the site, I won't turn you away if you show up and we're not sold out. 1/2 day is afternoon only. Lunch at 12:00 - 1:00, riders meeting at 12:45 track goes hot in the afternoon at 1:00

s

Gshak
Thu May 7th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Chance is pretty good. 1/2 day is $65.

Very niize, I'll try to do the full day, but good to know there is an option. Thanks for organizing this!

chad23
Thu May 7th, 2009, 10:29 PM
is there anything for a dude on crutches to do, and does anyone from the Ft collins/loveland area have room to give me a ride if i can make it

Matrix
Fri May 8th, 2009, 08:04 AM
This is the first Friday I have had in a long time that I actually look forward to Monday! :alien:

Sully
Fri May 8th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Anyone have an extra spot in their truck or trailer for 1 more bike ?

rybo
Fri May 8th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Woohooo!!! For Jason DiSalvo!!!!!

....oh wait, who? :cry: Now I gotta go learn another new person? sheesh!

....google here I come....

It'll be pretty obvious who this guy is. Little guy....really fast.

S

64BonnieLass
Fri May 8th, 2009, 10:28 PM
It'll be pretty obvious who this guy is. Little guy....really fast.

S

Little girl, super slow....We should mesh well. Yea, I'm little too...freeeking bring it. I'll race his happy self. Try to get around me sucka!!! LOL

rybo
Fri May 8th, 2009, 10:45 PM
For everyone's information...if you've been holding out to see what the weather was going to be like, well, it's going to be GREAT!

Monday
Mostly Sunny
Hi 76 °F

Online registration will close around Noon on Saturday May 9th, then it's pay at the track $120 for the full day $65 for the half day (after 1PM)

Gates open at 7:00
registration / tech open 7:30
riders meeting 8:00
track hot 9:00

lunch 12:00 - 1:00

riders meeting 12:45
track hot for the afternoon 1:00
Track cold for the day 5:00

Remember Rule #1!

64BonnieLass
Fri May 8th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Oddly enough.....

Yea, I'm not feelin all that hot.....I feel the stangest fever. And it kinda hurts.

MONDAY OFF .......CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All you fast boys......learn to go around me :doublefinger:

Tipys
Fri May 8th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I dont have monday off :(

rforsythe
Sat May 9th, 2009, 10:53 AM

Call in swine-flu, you'll get like two weeks off.

64BonnieLass
Sat May 9th, 2009, 11:06 AM

Yea, I'm pretty sure I'm going to feel like hell on Monday. :yes: I think it's the Pueeelo-Spring flue. (not listed on CNN)

64BonnieLass
Sat May 9th, 2009, 11:43 AM

Hey bebe, PM me your phone number so that I can ping you in between sessions to tell you what an AMAZING day it is.

I'll do it!!!!

Player 2
Sat May 9th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Man I feel sorry for everyone that's not coming on Monday. TONS of track time to be had for the people that are riding.

Don't let us have that much fun :cry: Get your butts signed up and come share the day with us!!!

Tipys
Sat May 9th, 2009, 11:57 PM

Ya I wouldnt be able to afford that. I just started it would be like you need to find another job.

spdr8cr02
Sun May 10th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Anybody need gear for this I have some extra stuff I can loan out

Super-zHero
Sun May 10th, 2009, 09:14 PM
wha ha ha! managed a day off baby! $120s still a deal. might be late though. is the riders meeting important? whats up with tech? never had a track day with a tech inspection, whats involved with that? if im late whom do i report to for the tech and meeting.
thanks
Scott

rybo
Sun May 10th, 2009, 09:22 PM
wha ha ha! managed a day off baby! $120s still a deal. might be late though. is the riders meeting important? whats up with tech? never had a track day with a tech inspection, whats involved with that? if im late whom do i report to for the tech and meeting.
thanks
Scott

Hey,

Yeah, the riders meeting is important but you can just find me and I'll fill you in. My name is also Scott and if you find the registration area (10x20 black canopy with tables and stuff) they will be able to find me.

Tech- We used to not tech bikes, but had a lot of incidents where bikes with antifreeze were making it onto the track. The tech inspection is very basic and is just another set of trained eyes looking over your bike to make sure it's ready for the track. So long as you take the antifreeze out of the bike and replace it with water (or water and water wetter), make sure the critical items are tight (footpegs, handlebars etc) and your brakes work you should have no problem passing tech.

Glad you can make it!

Scott

Super-zHero
Sun May 10th, 2009, 10:07 PM
thats what i figured :) ill be rokin the 2v duc tomorrow as i couldnt get wetter in the other bike in time. stoked to get to meet a lot of the other members as I dont get out often with the CSC crowd. see ya tomorrow between 8 n 830.

Hey,

Yeah, the riders meeting is important but you can just find me and I'll fill you in. My name is also Scott and if you find the registration area (10x20 black canopy with tables and stuff) they will be able to find me.

Tech- We used to not tech bikes, but had a lot of incidents where bikes with antifreeze were making it onto the track. The tech inspection is very basic and is just another set of trained eyes looking over your bike to make sure it's ready for the track. So long as you take the antifreeze out of the bike and replace it with water (or water and water wetter), make sure the critical items are tight (footpegs, handlebars etc) and your brakes work you should have no problem passing tech.

Glad you can make it!

Scott

rforsythe
Mon May 11th, 2009, 03:17 AM
thats what i figured :) ill be rokin the 2v duc tomorrow as i couldnt get wetter in the other bike in time. stoked to get to meet a lot of the other members as I dont get out often with the CSC crowd. see ya tomorrow between 8 n 830.

Rider's meeting is at 8:30, you might just make it after all!

Matrix
Mon May 11th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Thanks Scott for another well run event. Even with the extended break in the afternoon I got more then enough track time in. :hump:
Sash took a few pics with my camara and I will post those up tomorrow. Damn that was fun!:alien:

*KEN*
Tue May 12th, 2009, 05:29 PM
+1 I was impressed.

Track addicts and noobs would feel right at home with Chicane.

And best of all: TONS of track time. Want to improve your skills in a single day? Ride with Chicane.

Zach929rr
Tue May 12th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Besides my little get off there, that was a well run event. Thanks for the kind words after what happened, Scott. You'll see me again at the next one if the bike gets repaired in time. Maybe I could get a "binner's discount"? :lol:

bs_nate
Tue May 12th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks Scott. That was a great time yesterday. I will for sure be back to the track. (next time I will make sure to have a heavy duty zipper on my suit). It was very well put together like always, and I love to go down there and just watch the sex.... I mean bikes go around the track.

rybo
Wed May 13th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Thank you to everyone who showed up and spent their day with us. Looking forward to seeing you all back at the next event, June 8th at HPR.

Ninja Nate
Wed May 13th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Thank you to everyone who showed up and spent their day with us. Looking forward to seeing you all back at the next event, June 8th at HPR.

Will there be a Racers Cert on that day as well?

Matrix
Thu May 21st, 2009, 11:24 AM
Any word on the pics that were taken?

ghostrider_9
Fri May 22nd, 2009, 08:42 AM
Any word on the pics that were taken?

PM Sent . . .

spdr8cr02
Wed May 27th, 2009, 07:14 AM
any pics yet?