PDA

View Full Version : To the riders on Academy this afternoon...

darkfire
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I hope you caught my head-tap signaling you of cops ahead - the state trooper would've had me if someone going the other direction didn't do the same for me.

I thought I recognized a couple of your bikes from this forum, so here's hoping it helped.

-- Chris

Skyzor
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 02:51 PM
might have been some friends and I, I know we ran by a cop. I think dude in front caught it, thanks for the heads up.

darkfire
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 02:54 PM
:up:

Skyzor
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 02:56 PM
i'd still be out but stinkin weather went from nice and sunny to lol wtf rain.

darkfire
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 03:02 PM
yeah tell me about it. I left at 12:30 and it was gorgeous. 2:00pm rolled around and it got dark fast.

Skyzor
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 03:25 PM
My friend and I went out at about 10, and from about 1030 to 130 it was nice an sunny, then it was like someone flipped the curtains closed, and I ran home lol.

matt2778
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I hope you caught my head-tap signaling you of cops ahead - the state trooper would've had me if someone going the other direction didn't do the same for me.

I thought I recognized a couple of your bikes from this forum, so here's hoping it helped.

-- Chris

Or don't ride like a jackass and cops won't pull you over

darkfire
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks for joining this thread and adding so much value, you tool.

No one was riding like a jackass - and the cops will pull you over for riding 7 mph over the limit. I try to pass on a signal when I know they're around for that reason. If 7mph over is riding like a jackass, I'm sure you're as guilty as the rest of us.

matt2778
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks for joining this thread and adding so much value, you tool.

No one was riding like a jackass - and the cops will pull you over for riding 7 mph over the limit. I try to pass on a signal when I know they're around for that reason. If 7mph over is riding like a jackass, I'm sure you're as guilty as the rest of us.

So then 7 mph over the limit is not breaking the law?

Tipys
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 05:53 PM
7 is enough to get pulled over so it must be right?

darkfire
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Matt, of course it is. My point is that there's a difference between "riding like a jackass" and getting pulled over for speeding. You made a quick assumption that I (or the riders I signaled) were riding "like a jackass." That wasn't the case.

Kurtiz
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 07:03 PM
If you want to see riding like a jackass, let's go riding sometime. kidding, no but seriously, 7mph is serious business.

Skyzor
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Forseriousnes!! 7 mph, thats no joke right there lol. I do all of my jackassery in an empty lot.

OldKneeDragger
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 08:17 PM
You want to go fast on a public road and stay of trouble...

it can be done (for a price)...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=auto&id=4097789

Skyzor
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 08:30 PM
hmm, didnt read anythin about motorcycles... But I still want to go..

BigE
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 08:34 PM
You want to go fast on a public road and stay of trouble...

it can be done (for a price)...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=auto&id=4097789

THAT ....would be F-U-N!!!

darkfire
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 08:47 PM
That looks awesome!

sugarrey
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Lets Co-Exist.......shall we?

7 mph over the speed limit and riding like a jackass are two COMPLETELY different things.....but.....both can kill you.

Just ride safe!!!

Brat
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 11:48 PM
cops pull bikes over bc they are bored. imo. and profile people on sportbikes young and old before they hear your voice or see your eyes.. you dont have to break the law to be pulled over by one of these wankers.
i see a helmet tap notifying me of a cop and appreciate it.

Mental
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 08:08 AM
It shouldn't stop with sporbikers. Last month I was turning from Constitution onto Marksheffel to head home and a guy on a Harley in the opposite lane let me know there was a cop down the road. I wasn't even speeding, I had just made the turn and was going to turn off the road soon. But he saw another 2 wheeler and was looking out for me.

Skyzor
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Agreed 2 wheels is 2 wheels, and the cops are out to get us all. Sure I might be paranoid, the question is. Am I paranoid enough?

Brat
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 12:27 PM
i agree i have a friend witha true harley, suicide shift, foot clutch. hes the nicest guy youd ever speak to he also gets profiled. i guess it goes both ways since all cops are tools too. :D lol. okay some are good cops, i must say ive met a few good cops.... lol. dare i say it... :D

darkfire
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 08:41 PM
you keep riding, I'll keep tapping when I see em

Mental
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 09:20 PM
you keep riding, I'll keep tapping when I see em
..and if you keep riding, I'll keep tapping.

Its a deal

darkfire
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 09:47 PM
man that's just gross

Skyzor
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 10:34 PM
A little bit of man love never hurt. Its Bro Rape that's dangerous