PDA

View Full Version : Blessing of the bikes May 2nd

Rocket
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 05:30 PM
there is a blessing of the bike poker run this comming saturday may 2nd it starts at the sedalia bar and grill on highway 85 sign up is at 11:00am. every bike is welcome its a pretty cool event. tipically not many sportbikes show, but should. if you've never done a poker run there pretty cool mostly bar stops!! and a good chance to go on a cool ride pretty cheep $10 a bike or $15 for two up's. getting the bikes blessed is a good way to get the season started off on the right foot. it would be cool to have a good pack of sportbikes in the mix check the link for more info. hope to see any and all there.

http://www.abateofcolo.org/State/flyers/D-10BotbPrFlyer09%20may.pdf

Rocket
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 07:53 AM
If anyone wants to meet up there or before let me know.

Matty
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 08:00 AM
if you've never done a poker run there pretty cool mostly bar stops!!
Wooo Hooo!!!! Let's all get our bikes blessed, ride to some bars, drink some beers, and hop on our bikes... Sounds like an excellent idea.

Seriously.... why are all these types of rides from one bar to another bar???

Rocket
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Just because the stops are at bars doesn't mean that you have to drink nobody is holding a gun to anyones head. How about a little will power! I guess for all the people who can't have fun with out drinking maybe shouldn't show. Some of these places have pretty good food aswell.

Sean
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I gotta go with Matty a little on this one, although maybe with a little less sarcasm. It seems a little contradictorarythat Abate is encouraging Motorcycle Awareness by bar hoping on bikes? :dunno: Best of luck with the event, ride safe!

Hypnotic
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 09:56 AM
WOW!!!! I didnt think people would get all in an uproar for a blessing of the bikes. Its a poker run. Which almost all poker runs I've been to are at Bars. But again like Rocket advised.. Umm you dont have to drink. I've been to quit a few of these and they are sooo fun. And no one has ever gotten drunk and out of control.....

BigE
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Last Poker run I did, I ended up blowing the grand prize, had 4 aces and a king or jack for a hand. We missed that final prizes because we went the "long" way to the end of the event.
So I missed out on a $250 gift certificate from Thunder Mtn. but got in a couple hundred mile ride on some of my favorite roads and chipped in to help a lil girl with cancer go on a trip to Disney world with her family. I feel I had a great day riding.

Look past the "chopper and barhopper" image and see what the ride is a benefit for because that is usually why there are poker runs.

Sully
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I don't think anyone is in an "uproar". By all means, bless your bikes :)

I usually see the cruiser bikes on poker runs.:dunno: I've never been on one before. I guess I really have no desire to make 5+ stops to pick up cards, etc. I would just rather ride. :)

Sean
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 10:23 AM
WOW!!!! I didnt think people would get all in an uproar for a blessing of the bikes.Not getting in an uproar at all. Rocket brought up a "selling point" of bar hopping, and I just chose to disagree with that as a positive thing. I'm not assuming that anyone would get out of hand, I just want people to ride safe :up:

I don't think anyone is in an "uproar". By all means, bless your bikes :)

I usually see the cruiser bikes on poker runs.:dunno: I've never been on one before. I guess I really have no desire to make 5+ stops to pick up cards, etc. I would just rather ride. :):imwithstupid: 100% More riding, less talking.

Hypnotic
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 10:25 AM
BigE.. That's exactly it.

The thing with Colorado is there is alot that goes on that choppers and cruzers put on that are for good causes, and alot of sportsbikes dont go. This is one state that sportsbikers dont have any events (that I found anyway). Everytime I go these events its always the choppers, you hardly see the sportsbikers.

MikeG
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 10:37 AM
WOW!!!! I didnt think people would get all in an uproar for a blessing of the bikes. Its a poker run. Which almost all poker runs I've been to are at Bars. But again like Rocket advised.. Umm you dont have to drink. I've been to quit a few of these and they are sooo fun. And no one has ever gotten drunk and out of control.....

Are you and Rocket the same person?

MetaLord 9
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 10:38 AM
BigE.. That's exactly it.

The thing with Colorado is there is alot that goes on that choppers and cruzers put on that are for good causes, and alot of sportsbikes dont go. This is one state that sportsbikers dont have any events (that I found anyway). Everytime I go these events its always the choppers, you hardly see the sportsbikers.
I've gotta disagree with you on part of that. The CSC alone has charity events pretty much on a quartely basis and there are always extra oportunities that members are posting up. I think that a lot of the chopper/cruiser/harley community just doesn't pay a lot of attention to the sportbike community and vice versa. Last year several of us participated in a ride for a fallen chopper/cruiser rider. In the winter, the CSC food drive dropped a trailer full of food at a local charity. Racing 2 Save Lives is a constant banner at the top of the website which several members participate in.

There are several other sportbike clubs and organizations around the state and I'd be very surprised if there was no type of charity-related activities going on at some point.

I think that the bottom line is that just because a lot of sportbike riders don't show up to cruiser events & vice versa, don't think that it's intentional. We can't be at events we dont' know about!

Hypnotic
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Are you and Rocket the same person?

No! We are not the same person, I just felt that someone put up a post to advise of a Bike blessing/poker run and was ripped about it being at bars. I sorry but I didnt feel that was fare. If you didnt like it was at bars , no one needed to post any negativity about it.

MikeG
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 10:53 AM
No negativity, I just asked a legitimate question

Hypnotic
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 11:11 AM
No negativity, I just asked a legitimate question

No, I know you just asked a question I was just stating why I was posting so much about this

Sully
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 11:51 AM
It's interesting that your first post is defending someone else's first post.. :wtf:..

Midget Hellion
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Isn't it a lot like the bike nights at Boston's? The meets at Breck? All the Happy hour gatherings? Just sayin...

Sully
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 03:08 PM
We don't have those gatherings to promote Motorcycle Awareness for ABATE... just sayin...

Midget Hellion
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 03:37 PM
We don't have those gatherings to promote Motorcycle Awareness for ABATE... just sayin...

In all fairness, the Poker Run is to promote Motorcycle Awareness and NOT Motorcycle Safety/DUI Awareness...so really there isn't a conflict. Is it the smartest way to promote themselves? Perhaps not.

Either way we have derailed the thread beyond all hope. The Poker Run is for fun, I know plenty of people that don't drink but still do these poker runs because they are fun and usually help out a good cause.

( Sully: I wasn't directing my post at you, I was saying it as an in general comment, chillax. :makeout: )

Rocket
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 05:10 PM
we have derailed the thread beyond all hope. The Poker Run is for fun, I know plenty of people that don't drink but still do these poker runs because they are fun and usually help out a good cause.

i totally agree, the og thread was only to let everyone know about a fun ride that could be enjoyed by all. it was only info about a simi cruzer ride.not a discussion about the morals of haveing poker runs and ride stops at bars. so for all thoese who want to go have a good time send me a message and we'll meet and for thoese of you who can't or don't want to make it, sorry to hear that but hopefuly we'll see you on the next one. give it a try you might just like it.

Matty
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Isn't it a lot like the bike nights at Boston's? The meets at Breck? All the Happy hour gatherings? Just sayin...
Not really.... Boston's, Breck's, Bull and Bush, etc.... like you said are gatherigs. Not destinations to stop at, have a couple of drinks and continue on our way.

BigE
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 10:40 PM

Just what I was thinkin'.

I already have something going on this weekend or I'd be up for doing this ride. It's kind of fun to irritate the cruiser guys when show up with a sportbike. :D

tec
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 06:12 AM
I'm down as long as weather permits and don't get called into work. Anyone wanting to meet up to ride together pm me. Hope to see some of you there.

Midget Hellion
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Very true.... and most people on here know that i'm not a fan of people who drink and ride. One or two beers, sure. But anymore than that. Ya i'll talk shit and let them know they're an idiot for hoping on their bike and riding.

I used to get super irriatated at people back in SoCal who would go to the the RockStore in Malibu have more than a couple of beers, usually guys on cruisers, then continue on through the canyons. I actually watched this one guy wobble to his bike. Drop his helmet while trying to put it on, and then leave the parking lot. To add insult to injury he was sitting on the side of the road about 2 miles up with his soft tail heritage on it's side cause his ass was too fucken drunk to pick it up himself.

Totally agree! Drinking and driving/riding is just general Douchebaggery! That is why I don't do it either.