PDA

View Full Version : 4-25-09 Sat MRA First Novice GTO race video

The_Jackel
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Not sure if anyone saw this race, but there was a pretty big crash due to a stalled/disabled bike right after the start, was about 5 seconds into the race. One of our guys got it the worse, his bike cart wheeled and is pretty much totaled. I pretty much saw the whole thing and I was wondering if anyone had video of this? If not can you think of anyone who was filming in the stands that we could ask? We had our Go Pro hero camera on the tail of the bike pointing forward, which would have showed the whole thing but unfortunately the file was corrupt due to damage of the camera :banghead:, thank you for any help in advance. And ride safe, thanks again to anyone who helped out.

Slo
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Yeah that was L Ortiz's bike, my last years race bike which I sold to him in November. He sent me an email this morning about it but damn, never had any stalling issue before in a race, practice or any other time.

The_Jackel
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Ya I heard what he said. No offense to anyone but I think it was some simple error imo. maybe he hit the kill switch, dont know if he keeps it taped or what but thats my guess.

GNGSXR
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 02:54 PM
i wish i could remember the crash but my brain decided to erase that from my memory :banghead:.
Jackel, dont erase the card yet. I know a couple computer nerds at UCCS that might be able to extract something from the sd card.
i hope everyone else involved in the wreck is ok.
and does anyone know which bikes ran my leg over? lol

Snowman
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 03:01 PM
I beleive it was everyone in the last two rows.

GNGSXR
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I beleive it was everyone in the last two rows.

that ran over my leg? :slappers: