PDA

View Full Version : My bike for the 05 season

Lurch
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:11 PM
Well it is final done. Just need to finalize some sponsorships and then the stickers go on.

Lurch

King Nothing
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:27 PM
dang doug! That's sweeeeeet! :up: 8)

RSVR4aCowboy
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:29 PM
You already cracked it up??? Oh, that's the paint... :lol: J/K, it looks sweet. Guess I'll see Friday.

Dysco
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:34 PM
That ought to hide scratches really nice! :up:

Anonymous
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:34 PM
He's just making it harder to see the oil leaking out, Mike. :lol:

Looks good doug!

Ray-Ray
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 07:22 PM
Here is a picture that Doug forgot to show everybody!! It's a picture of his boyfriend infront of his new paint job... ENJOY!

jplracing
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 09:25 PM
Ray Ray - revenge must be sweet

-PUCK-
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 09:29 PM
Damn fine lookin bike. :up:
Curse all you lucky people that have the money to race..... :banghead: :D

The GECCO
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 09:38 PM

It's not luck, most racers are not wealthy, they are just willing to give up life's little extras in order to afford it.

-PUCK-
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 09:57 PM
Yeah, but those little extras in my life would have to be food, utilities, toys for my kid, air........ :cry:
Someday my friend, I will make it to the tracks, oh yes....I WILL!!! :twisted: :lol:

The GECCO
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 10:04 PM
Yeah, but those little extras in my life would have to be food, utilities, toys for my kid, air........ :cry:
Someday my friend, I will make it to the tracks, oh yes....I WILL!!! :twisted: :lol:

Well, let's see....you dont need food, if you stop eating you'll weigh less and be faster. If you move out of your house and just rent a garage somewhere there won't be any utility bills, kids love to play with takeoffs and used brake pads....and the tire guys have lots of air for free!

See, problems solved, we'll see you at the track this season!

purevol
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 10:22 PM
nice bike but like what are the stats on the bike, modds, etc...

Brizz
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 10:28 PM
I wish ppl would stop posting picts of my Uncle Mike. He is a good guy and dont deserve to be used as a joke for the masses. He has been dealing with his problems one at a time and has seeked out professional help for the things that have gone wrong in his life.

LMAO That bald guy sucks my ass and should be banned from ever even looking at a calculator. or any thing with keys on it.

Lel
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 10:39 PM

It's not luck, most racers are not wealthy, they are just willing to give up life's little extras in order to afford it.

haha exactly! LOL

gotta start working everything together, my girlfriend wanted to take a vacation (yea! like that will happen when i need to rework suspension, need tires etc...) BUT then motogp is in cali this summer so 'hey hunny you want to go to san francisco/napa valley in july?' haha problem solved, now we are going to MotoGP and she is getting her vacation (a trip I would have made anyways), just getting there at the beginning of the week and renting a car so we can meet up w/ her realitives who come up north from san diego for the 4th for wine tasting.

I really gotta work on giving up the food, damn fat ass haha (what is it 7 lbs = 1hp, shit I cant buy that much hp unless I went from my 600 to a 1000)... but thats exactly it, you scrimp and save for everything you can, hold on to the take offs that you rode at pueblo for practice at SCR when its ccw, or for PPIR; things like that!

Learn to do your own painting (even if its just rattle can) doing your own paint jobs will save you money and will add that little extra pride, deffinately pick up some fiberglass and resin/mek, you will be able to fix almst everthing on the bodywork, if its really trashed take it to morse. Do as much of your own wrenching as possible and whatever is too hard take to TK, bart and brian kick ass. Find people to pit with, hell if you need a hand at the track ask around, I would help if you ask. 99% of racers are nice as hell and WAY more than willing to help anyone new or old racer; its like a big ass family.

Last but not least EBAY EBAY EBAY!!!!!! if your not in a rush to get out racing, take your time find the good deals. Make sure you read the auction THOUROGHLY and check the sellers feedback.

(btw doing your own paint jobs can turn out well... the first two is my 04 paint job first then what I just painted for 05)

http://www.leleck.com/upload/04paint1.jpg
http://www.leleck.com/upload/04paint2.jpg
http://www.leleck.com/upload/05paint1.jpg

firefghtr
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 10:39 PM
sweet bike... but I agree your gay lover should never be posted again!

scud
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:06 PM

Or we race 125s held together by zip ties, JB Weld, and Loctite, and don't bother with little things like "paint". :D

Mel
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:51 PM
I hate you all.

Though if anyone has a spare race bike that could just happen to be left with me for a bit, I promise I would love it.

~Barn~
Thu Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:59 AM
Nice paint jobs, fellas! :up:

Anonymous
Thu Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:22 AM
Or we race 125s held together by zip ties, JB Weld, and Loctite, and don't bother with little things like "paint". :D

Dan? DAN is that you?? :lol:

Anonymous
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 11:02 AM
I just painted for 05
http://www.leleck.com/upload/05paint1.jpg
Nice paintjob. :up: So you gonna be sandbagging in Novice, huh? :P

Edit: Looks like I missed the sandbagging-bashing bandwaggon in the other thread, but that's only because I read this thread first. :lol:

Lel
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 11:22 AM
not sandbagging... still learning! :)

I got SLOWER throughout the year (not practicing I guess could have had something to do with it) Either way I need to learn/work on some things still before I move up, so this should do it for me. Besides! who said you couldnt stay novice for two years and not be a sandbagger! hah

lel

Hoopty
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Damn sandbaggers. :P Novice/expert is not about being fast bro. Just look at Ralph... :spit:

Anonymous
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 11:44 AM
:pointlaugh:

Anonymous
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Damn sandbaggers. :P Novice/expert is not about being fast bro. Just look at Ralph... :spit:

You're right, it's about not crashing every other race. So how'd you get a white plate? :lol:

Hoopty
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 02:10 PM
I was forced up by finishing top 10, even though I missed 5 races and crashed in another. :lol: I will stay a novice if it's really about not crashing every other race, because I obviously haven't learned that yet. :oops:

Lel
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 02:15 PM
HAHAH, yea but it is about being consistent, and I need to do that.

Hoopty
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 02:16 PM
I consistently crash. :lol:

Lel
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 02:21 PM
LOL! see consistency is consistency! hahah