PDA

View Full Version : Today's JOBS!!!

sugarrey
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Where are they???

Since 1990 I have been working in the Imaging industry, specifically running operations that remanufacture inkjet and laser toner cartridges. I started in this industry when I was still in college, first job at I stayed for 13 years. I then worked a couple other places then I got an opportunity to be an owner. I owned and ran this business up until recently with some success.

Unfortunately China made products have all but put this industry "out of business" Once there were over 10,000 reman-ers in the U.S. now there are less than 100 true reman shops (not including cartridge worlds and small franchise outlets).

I have made great money in the time when the industry flourished, many years making over $100k, but, being young and stupid I never saved any of it..Was too much into bikes, boats, jetskis, flying and nice cars.

For the past year or so I have been looking for a job. I have decided (or China has decided for me) that I much switch careers. I have decided to get into the IT field. Getting my base education A+, Network+ and other Microsoft and Cisco certifications so I can get back into the game. In the meantime I have sent out over 400 resume's, have had 3 interviews!!! Now I am a college graduate with a degree and what I think is a fairly impressive work history. I have been applying for basically anything (career related and survival jobs) and I am getting absolutely NO LOVE!!! WTF

I am on Monster, Career Builder, Hotjobs, and on Indeeed.....I have been to the Colorado Workforce and have been trying like a MOFO trying to find something....

Any ideas????

I am even happy to get in entry level at this point!!! I am just sick of selling all my shit just to survive, pretty soon I'll have to sell my bike, and that would just crush my MOJO!

If you think you can help me out, PM me.

Ceez
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 07:37 PM
harveynashusa.com

They strictly place people into IT positions. I signed up with them about 3 weeks ago and I started a new job over at Sungard last week.

Good luck.

MikeG
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Go see your local recruiter

sugarrey
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 08:02 PM
I posted my resume on there, thanks for the tip. I just started my IT schooling so I don't think it'll help me now...But after the first couple certifications it should point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

RajunCajun
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I hear ya bud! I'm in a similar situation and have gotten 0 responses....

sugarrey
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Im too old for that. Actually just tried to get funded for financial assistance and was told the selective service shows that I never signed up........WTF?

I did that when I turned 18!!! So I got screwed there too!

McVaaahhh
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Damn, don't ya read the news? Jobs are hard to come by right now.

Just givin you a hard time. Dice, craigslist, monster, jobs.com, etc. Just carpet bomb everything.

sugarrey
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 09:05 PM
McV

I hear ya, I just thought that someone who has some education and is willing to take a GOD awful paycut just to work would be on someone's radar.

Guess Not!

Time for another life "reality check"...

MikeG
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Im too old for that. Actually just tried to get funded for financial assistance and was told the selective service shows that I never signed up........WTF?

I did that when I turned 18!!! So I got screwed there too!

Is it possible to re-register for selective service?

sugarrey
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Up to the age of 26 you can register I believe, which I do not qualify...Seriously, if I would've been thinking I would've went that route around 18, but live and learn....then teach the kids right.