PDA

View Full Version : my wife rocks!!!

chad23
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 05:53 PM
So I decided not to go to Miller this year due to other plans around that time. So my wife decided to surprise me today with tickets for Laguna Seca for the Motogp for my birthday.

Hell yeah!!!!

See how I have never been to Cali and have no idea what to do I need some advice as to what to do there and what not to miss, as well as what not to bother doing.
We are going from Thursday to Tuesday, so where are some cool places and beaches to see while we are there? I want to make sure while we are there I find things that my wife would like to do as well

dirkterrell
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 05:58 PM
See how I have never been to Cali and have no idea what to do I need some advice as to what to do there and what not to miss, as well as what not to bother doing.

Matty will be along shortly... :D

And congrats on the present!

Dirk

daemon
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 06:03 PM
congrats dude.
yes your woman must be the bomb.
so when's the B-Day party????
and who else are you taking to the race???

chad23
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 06:07 PM
My birthday is at the end of July ( the 28th) but she told me today so I can let the
J O B know I will not be showing up those days...there will be some sort of part when I get back "fo sho"

ChrisCBX
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 06:10 PM
So I decided not to go to Miller this year due to other plans around that time. So my wife decided to surprise me today with tickets for Laguna Seca for the Motogp for my birthday.

Hell yeah!!!!

We are going from Thursday to Tuesday, so where are some cool places and beaches to see while we are there? I want to make sure while we are there I find things that my wife would like to do as well

Congrats!

Laguna Seca is my favorite road course track.

There is a lot to do in that area. Carmel Beach is close by and a must see IMHO. A ride down Pacific Coast Highway always good as well.

Our favorite place to watch races out there is sitting on the hill overlooking the Mario Andretti hair pin corner. Get there early to claim your spot if that is where you want to sit.

Carmel Beach...........

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/Cbxnut/DSCN3151.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/Cbxnut/DSCN3156.jpg

chad23
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 06:15 PM
so would you say the general admission tickets are the best to get?

ChrisCBX
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 06:21 PM
so would you say the general admission tickets are the best to get?

Yes..........

We've tried it different ways over the years and gen admission works for us.

Its a matter of personal oppinion but I would also avoid the so called "pit pass". A pit pass at a Moto GP event does not allow you to see much. You actually see the back side of pit row and its hard to get your money's worth.

General admission and a good camp chair, cooler and maybe an umbrella are all you need to have fun at Laguna Seca.:)

ChrisCBX
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Congrats!

Laguna Seca is my favorite road course track.

I should qualify my quote..........

Favorite in the U.S.

My all time favorite has got to be the Isle of Man.:)

chad23
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 06:27 PM
thanks for the insight, cause I was wanting pit passes, but was very unhappy with the ones for Miller for the same reason

MikeG
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 06:59 PM
not going to WSBK? :wtf:

Have a good time at the GP race, we had originally planned to do that, but we'll be in FL that week.

chad23
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 09:01 PM
not going to WSBK? :wtf:

Have a good time at the GP race, we had originally planned to do that, but we'll be in FL that week.
sorry Mike we had so stuff come up, have fun for me

milehicitygirl
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 08:30 AM
[QUOTE=chad23;442704]So I decided not to go to Miller this year due to other plans around that time. So my wife decided to surprise me today with tickets for Laguna Seca for the Motogp for my birthday.

Hell yeah!!!!

Hey, save me a seat, would ya? This will be my first MotoGP and needless to say, I'm psyched !! It's gonna be a scorcher, so bring your sunscreen HAVE FUN and Happy Birthday!!

asp_125
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 08:38 AM
General admission is IMO the best way to see Laguna Seca. There are so many corners to sit at and watch the action. The Corkscrew is obvious, then there are the hairpins and just sitting on the hill overlooking everything.

Bike night in Monterey :up:, as well the Monterey Bay Aquarium makes the one in Denver look like a fish tank.

Sean
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Your wife does rock! :headbang: That's awesome, congrats Chad!

Gregger
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 08:43 AM
I went every year before I moved to CO. Stay on Cannery Row, enjoy the craziness, check out the Blue Fin, and scalp pit passes! You'll have a great time!

asp_125
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Start now if you don't already have rooms! Pricey rates on the close in ones. Further out is cheaper and I've heard they have resolved the hour long traffic jams in the last year. If you bike in you get to lane split (Cali) and have motorcycle only parking.

PROFLYER
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Chad, I'll be there the same days. I'll get 2 gen admission passes too and you can hold my umbrella since you won't need that hand to hold a beer:).

My mom lives an hour north in Half Moon Bay, I'll be staying with her and she has an extra car.....just you and cat? We could take over moms! :drink:

badkarma
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 10:10 AM
that's awesome, I wish someone would do that for me :(

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 10:10 AM
That rocks! The sign of a great wife!

Well, it ain't the ritz, but I always used to stay at the Motel 6 in Salinas, right next to the Denny's (for them midnight munchies!). Last I checked, the number was: (831) 757-3077.

Be aware that motels are the first thing you should book there regardless, as they fill up really fast.

For places to go, Carmel for sure as mentioned. There are great resteraunts, and if you like art there are nice galleries (the avalon Gallery), and try the Carmel Bakery.

Have fun!

WidowmakerDutch
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Can you be a friend and pack me in your suitcase, please please please!!!!