PDA

View Full Version : Cops who ride?

kawasakirob
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 09:24 PM
What is your take on them. I know their are cops who ride with the club, but at what speeds do they ride when they are out of uniform......

Last fall I rode with a CHP from Denver to the MotoGP deal over at Indy. We cruised at a solid 85-90 the entire way, with bursts quicker when it opened up. We would stop and have a beer, or two, or three then hop back on and cruise again at 85-90. We passed people who were pulled over, and when we stopped, he would tell me how lucky I was to be riding with him. I could never stop thinking about how he could go back to work, and hand out speeding tickets all day, patrolling back and forth his little "stretch". I have rode with cops all over the country, and they were all the same. We would cruise, generally 15-20 mph over the limit, and I always felt good. I was pulled over twice with two different cops, and both times, the two of them started laughing and one slapped the other one on the back. Kiss my ass. Every other year I almost lose my liscence with points, and these guys ride with a shield.

RajunCajun
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Its got to have some perks, right?? It's not like they make millions to get shot at and fight wife beaters and crack heads....

YZFRydn
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Well, I have been riding with cops on dirt bikes ever since I was about 11 (Stepdad is a motor officer), and I have ridden with them on the street since 17 when I got my M endorsement. I know a lot of them push 15-20 just cruising along and they are all damn good riders. I don't think I want to try outrunning Cali Motors.

asp_125
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Motorcops are riders too, they have to be to spend 8hrs in the saddle. There are some who have an attitude, but most like to be out riding just like the rest of us. As long as you're not being a dick they cut you some slack. Like the one I rode with from Boulder the other day. I saw him in my mirrors and we acknowledged each other, and then played cat/mouse filtering through traffic a 5-10 over.

Zanos
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 11:23 PM
ASP... I think your reply is way off. I dont think you understood the post...

Rajun... You make me warm and fuzzy.

thatmofo
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 11:33 PM
I hope I haven't been riding with cops on the board... Now I need to think about who I ride with.

EVO8
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 11:34 PM
I got couple of friends that are cops and I push my limit with some of those guys when we ride. Of course, they tell me they give drivers/riders up to 10mph over before pulling anyone over so I guess they are pretty cool.

asp_125
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 11:45 PM
ASP... I think your reply is way off. I dont think you understood the post...

You don't think cops are just riders like the rest of us when they're off duty? That's all I was sayin'

Tipys
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 11:48 PM
^^^nope they are robots. Now bite my shinny metal ass.

sfarson
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Once rode to the top of Berthoud Pass with other members of the CSC. The pace was ummmm... race like. At Winter Park for lunch I introduced myself to a rider on a liter bike. Learned he was a town sheriff. When I noted what we had just done he mentioned when he clocked out, he clocked out.

:think:

Zanos
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:14 AM
You don't think cops are just riders like the rest of us when they're off duty? That's all I was sayin'

Got ya... Sounded like you were replying about motorcops during thier work day. While the post was about riding with cops off duty.

As long as we both understand... :)

Bueller
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Its got to have some perks, right?? It's not like they make millions to get shot at and fight wife beaters and crack heads....
So who decides when enough is enough?
No one should be above the law
That entitlement attitude is one of the reasons people hate some cops. I put my life at risk almost every day at my job but I am not asking for any privileges.

chad23
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 05:55 AM
sorry I dont believe any of those happen often enough to justify a person being a hypocrite like most cops are. The worse thing a cop need to worry about is filling their quota and getting yelled at by some hot chick that doesnt like him.
Most cops dont do shit but revenue collect to save their own jobs.
Plus what happen to lead by example, they are the one that should show us the PERFECT way to live and for them to break the blatantly break the law they should lose their job

just my 2cents

Ricky
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:37 AM
What is your take on them. I know their are cops who ride with the club, but at what speeds do they ride when they are out of uniform......

Last fall I rode with a CHP from Denver to the MotoGP deal over at Indy. We cruised at a solid 85-90 the entire way, with bursts quicker when it opened up. We would stop and have a beer, or two, or three then hop back on and cruise again at 85-90. We passed people who were pulled over, and when we stopped, he would tell me how lucky I was to be riding with him. I could never stop thinking about how he could go back to work, and hand out speeding tickets all day, patrolling back and forth his little "stretch". I have rode with cops all over the country, and they were all the same. We would cruise, generally 15-20 mph over the limit, and I always felt good. I was pulled over twice with two different cops, and both times, the two of them started laughing and one slapped the other one on the back. Kiss my ass. Every other year I almost lose my liscence with points, and these guys ride with a shield.

This pisses me off. Stupid cops putting themselves above the law, and including you in it.

BULLSHIT double standards...

It's one thing to act like a normal person outside of your job as a cop, but it's another for on-duty cops to put an off-duty cop and his friends, above the law.

PhL0aTeR
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 10:04 AM
i used to work around LEOs all the time..... back then i was speeding like crazy averaging 2 tickets a year or more and the resounding advice was..... if you want to avoid speeding tickets, become a cop.

just like burger flippers get hooked up with extra fries, these guys get off all the time. at least they are good..... how many times do you hear "off duty police officer crashes his motorcycle on academy and platte at speeds 100+"? rarely at best, if any.... lol

Ol'Skool
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 10:14 AM
oooo...alot of negative vibes coming across at us cops.
We choose to ride with CSC for the love of the bikes and the comraderie. I cant tell you how many times Ive bit my tongue on some young pup mouthing off on us. We take the same risks riding as you. Law enforcement is like any other job, most of us are cool, a small percent are not (thats life).
I will hit 10mph over to stay with a group but stick to the limit when riding solo. I am also not afraid to back off when a group is riding too"spiritedly". Everyone knows riders must stay within their comfort zone or bad things happen.
Everyone has a different personality. If you try to figure out whats fair in life or why people are the way they are, then you better invest in the tylenol company and make sure your insurance covers long term psychotherapy.
Introduce yourself and hang out with us before you fire off a judgement. You'll see most of us are cool.

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 10:16 AM
the resounding advice was..... if you want to avoid speeding tickets, become a cop.

Any emergency responder position will generally do ya well. It kept me from any tickets until last damn month....but that one was reduced after the cop found out. lmao

Zach929rr
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 10:18 AM
It kept me from any tickets until last damn month....

*Sigh*

brennahm
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 10:28 AM
I think it sucks when cops get off because of who they work for, but guess what?

Life's not fair. If you become a politician or gain some position where you could make come changes then I'll be the first to stand behind you. Ultimately...too f-ing bad. The best way to not get a ticket is to not speed. $.02

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 10:33 AM
*Sigh*

LOL... C'est la vie!
I'm sure I could have pressed the issue even more since the guy was impressed with all of my gear and chatting me up about his past riding experience...but I was not thinking real coherently at that point as I'm sure you remember. haha...oh well!

But back onto topic.... Yes, everybody is different and every career can have its perks. I don't complain when a cop gets their perks, but I don't like it when they EXPECT them. Unfortunately there are a few bad seeds tainting the image as a whole - and methinks that it is a sensitive issue for a lot of folks since it is a position of authority.

Sometimes the job goes to their heads...same thing with firefighters for instance - and that is what the general public sees and judges. What can ya do but be who you are and try to provide a more positive image for the class that you are lumped into?

salsashark
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 10:36 AM
membership has it's privileges, so what?!

I hang w/ a lot of LEOs and consider them all friends...

I got a ticket last week from a motorcycle cop... was I mad? nope, I screwed up and he called the ball... life goes on.

You want to have some real fun, get a bunch of cops together to go shooting! They're worse than sport bikers when it comes to the farkles they put into their hobbies (weapons)...

Slo
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Kawasakirob, what is your issue with cops that ride? You just joined this forum and already complaining about them twice....the other time on your introduction.

From your other post:
"I do not like cops who ride and try to be my friend, for the simple fact that when they are out of uniform, they are the first ones to haul ass. I like riding with them however because it provides a shield."

All types of people like to ride, no matter what profession, and yes, no matter what you ride, you will at one point, get spirited, they are no different than the rest of us.

Tipys
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Also what I may add is you say it being a hypocrit but that same cop that is riding with you. If he was to pull someone over he is more likly to let them off with a warning if all there paper work is legit. IMO.

kawasakirob
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 11:22 AM
[quote=Slo1299;443687]Kawasakirob, what is your issue with cops that ride? You just joined this forum and already complaining about them twice....the other time on your introduction.

My issue with cops is that yes they do ride, and I respect that. I never said I did not. I have a problem with when they do ride, they do the EXACT same thing that gets me nailed every time. And yes I have complained about it twice and will probably complain about it again. I am new to the forum. I do know how diverse riding is, thats it. I find it interesting that they can hand out speeding tickets...collecting big fines, and give a safety speech, or a speech on lack of poor judgement. Then on the weekend, we all rock the canyons. I am not a goob, I simply like to open my bike up when nescessary, and generally that includes 15mph over the limit to pass people before they hit me. I have been down 8 times on the street. 3 involving cars, 1 truck, 1 cow, 3 bad calls on corners. I do not need some biker cop in shortsleeves and half helmet to tell me to slow down for my own safety. I do have friends who are cops, they are great people, I just don't get how they can write tickets for the same things they do(speeding) when they are off.

Sully
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 11:26 AM
I have been down 8 times on the street. 3 involving cars, 1 truck, 1 cow, 3 bad calls on corners. I do not need some biker cop in shortsleeves and half helmet to tell me to slow down for my own safety.

:shocked: Sounds like someone should ?? !! :dunno: If not for your safety, maybe for those around you? .... just sayin.. ?

brennahm
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 11:30 AM
There's a difference between writing a ticket (which they ARE PAID TO DO) and being an asshat lecture giver. Maybe your LEO friends just give tickets when they deem necessary and skip the lectures? Or maybe you need to not worry about it. OR MAYBE you're the one person in the world who has never done anything hypocritical and we should all recognize your perfection and let you complain...

;) Looking forward to riding....

Cars-R-Coffins
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 11:31 AM
[quote=Slo1299;443687]Kawasakirob, what is your issue with cops that ride? You just joined this forum and already complaining about them twice....the other time on your introduction.

I find it interesting that they can hand out speeding tickets...collecting big fines, and give a safety speech, or a speech on lack of poor judgement. Then on the weekend, we all rock the canyons. I am not a goob, I simply like to open my bike up when nescessary, and generally that includes 15mph over the limit to pass people before they hit me. I have been down 8 times on the street. 3 involving cars, 1 truck, 1 cow, 3 bad calls on corners. I do not need some biker cop in shortsleeves and half helmet to tell me to slow down for my own safety.

When your boss tells you to do something, what do you do? I know what you do if you want to keep your job.

After reading your last post, it sounds like you need more cops telling you to slow down for your own safety.

Devaclis
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Cops are people.

Cops that ride are people that ride

Why should there be a problem? Unless you have a problem with people.

kawasakirob
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 11:51 AM
After reading your last post, it sounds like you need more cops telling you to slow down for your own safety.[/quote]

When you are out in the panhandle of Oklahoma(middle of nowhere)...cruising at 95 and an airplane buzzzez you, and at the next town, 70 miles ahead, state troopers and sheriffs are waiting with a hard on. Just to give you a 455 dollar speeding ticket for speeding by the cows? There are bigger fish to fry. I was an easy target though, no one was near me:(

Cars-R-Coffins
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:07 PM
When you are out in the panhandle of Oklahoma(middle of nowhere)...cruising at 95 and an airplane buzzzez you, and at the next town, 70 miles ahead, state troopers and sheriffs are waiting with a hard on. Just to give you a 455 dollar speeding ticket for speeding by the cows? There are bigger fish to fry. I was an easy target though, no one was near me:([/quote]

I wouldn't consider most cops overachievers. A lot of them do just enough to keep their supervisors off their back (as you mentioned, the troopers and sheriffs were waiting for you in the next town 70 miles ahead) ...just like the majority of American workers. Most supervisors will ride you if you work an eight hour shift and accomplish nothing. The cops know if they write a couple of high priced tickets they're good to go for the day. I don't know, it just seems obvious to me.

Mister BOYD
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Wow.. it's hot in here. I dunno about anybody else, but I live and ride by my own virtues/sins. Who cares if someone else is hypocritical. Why care that much about what someone else does? Mierda happens. I've gotten two speeding tickets that were due to two people who whizzed by me. I'd hate cops but I think about all of the trash out there in life and thank them for being around.

salsashark
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:15 PM
^^ careful... your about to introduce logic and reason into these forums... It has no place here!

Mister BOYD
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:17 PM
HAHA.. Note taken.. (changing directions).. screw cops, including my swat sniper buddy!

Tipys
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:17 PM
logic whats that its a new term someone teach it to me.

Mister BOYD
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Well it starts with one brain cell fighting against the next. Unfortunately, for a lot of people that is about all they have so there is also an inherent risk of drain bramage. Then there is a thought that forms and quickly vanishes. Followed by a migrane and severe diarrhea.

Tipys
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Oh I don't think I can handle this thing called logic

Mister BOYD
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Lol.. you might be okay.. I think I confused logic with a bag of Lay's potatoe chips.

GregsGSXR
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Thanks to all the police for the job they do. If you want to speed and have fun...go ahead. I got out of a couple of tickets with my military ID, perks of the job. Anyone has a problem with it...go be a cop and you too can enjoy the benefits.

salsashark
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Are you sure the diarrhea wasn't cause by the chips... not the logic?

http://x47.xanga.com/1ddc63e643732191280289/z147306705.jpg

Mister BOYD
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I don't remember, but I do feel a killer migrane coming on!

kawasakirob
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Wow.. it's hot in here. I dunno about anybody else, but I live and ride by my own virtues/sins. Who cares if someone else is hypocritical. Why care that much about what someone else does? Mierda happens. I've gotten two speeding tickets that were due to two people who whizzed by me. I'd hate cops but I think about all of the trash out there in life and thank them for being around.

I as well think about all the trash out their in the world. Thank god they are sitting on the side of a mountain pass clocking people. I support your SWAT friend. NO argument there.

BlueDog
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:46 PM
The only one I've ridden with was FullGrownBear. It was a spirited ride but nothing stupid in my opinion. I may have ridden with others though and just not realized they were police.

Devaclis
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:47 PM
I think everyone who loves cops should die.

I think everyone who hates coops should kill themselves.

I will sell tickets to this show.

Tipys
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Dana can I get a free ticket

Mister BOYD
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:52 PM
How much a ticket? And if you die/ kill yourself before the show, will there be a refund on the ticket? Also.. will there be Lay's chips for sale at the food stands?

Devaclis
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Pay me in lead. That way I have what I need to take out those who are middle of the road pansies who can't make a decision.

salsashark
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Dana's theme song for today... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj8xB8jKG94)

Tipys
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 01:08 PM
James that fits so well

Devaclis
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I can't see youttube from work. DIAF LOL

Tipys
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Well your missing out

Mister BOYD
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Make sure you wear gloves.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Kops suck. :down:

Sully
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Not all cops are jerks. There are a few on here that I think are GREAT people. Sure, they may ride fast with you, but I highly doubt they are the ones who are going to ticket you while they're on patrol.

Devaclis
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Now, I don't like Sully.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Not all cops are jerks. There are a few on here that I think are GREAT people. Sure, they may ride fast with you, but I highly doubt they are the ones who are going to ticket you while they're on patrol.

You can hang with yo kop buddies. just don't bring them to ANY of Devaclis's happy hours. It wouldn't make it happy hour. :down:

rforsythe
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 02:09 PM
So who decides when enough is enough?
No one should be above the law
That entitlement attitude is one of the reasons people hate some cops. I put my life at risk almost every day at my job but I am not asking for any privileges.

So if you got pulled over by a cop you knew, and he gave you a warning instead of a ticket just because you were friends, you'd tell him to go fuck himself and ask for the ticket instead since you shouldn't be above the law? (This is a question for more than just you.)

It happens semi-frequently where an MC cop pulls over another rider, and unless that rider was doing something incredibly reckless/stupid, they get let off. So it isn't just cops letting off other cops, either.

My point is there is a load of hypocrisy in this thread. Everyone's all up in arms that a cop might let another cop off but I guarantee nobody would argue for a moment if the same leniency were given to them. It seems to be some sort of "cop taking care of cop" animosity, but really what did you expect to see, those guys raking each other over the coals? You never know when you will need that other guy to back you up when some crackhead screams abuse, or starts shooting at you. I don't think anyone should necessarily be above the law, but if I were a cop I'd do the exact same thing and damn well know it, and I'm grateful when I end up just getting a warning (or even the finger-shake "slow down" look without the stop) even though I probably deserved a ticket and am certainly not above any laws.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 02:13 PM
<snip>It seems to be some sort of "cop taking care of cop" animosity, .... <snip>

It's called the Blue Line.

Mental
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 02:50 PM
This pisses me off. Stupid cops putting themselves above the law, and including you in it.

BULLSHIT double standards...

It's one thing to act like a normal person outside of your job as a cop, but it's another for on-duty cops to put an off-duty cop and his friends, above the law.

Get a job that requires you to put on a bullet proof vest for the lofty sum of $34K a year and then pass judgement.

OUTLAWD
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 02:53 PM
this could be settled if cops wrote tickets for all infractions, to all people. then everyone could hate cops and kill themsleves and there would be no one left to bitch about it.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Get a job that requires you to put on a bullet proof vest for the lofty sum of $34K a year and then pass judgement.

The 'bullet-proof-vest-for-shit salary' position still moves me to believe that most cops are pricks. It's the fact that these yo-yo's are required to take a psychological examination (and pass) along with hundreds of hours of so-called 'training' ------- and the tax payer still gets a Barney Fife with a gun :roll:

Sully
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:00 PM

werd ! I thank them for protecting and serving.

this could be settled if cops wrote tickets for all infractions, to all people. then everyone could hate cops and kill themsleves and there would be no one left to bitch about it.

:lol:.. Exactly ! Especially these guys :siesta: :shocked: hahahaah !

Mental
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:04 PM
The 'bullet-proof-vest-for-shit salary' position still moves me to believe that most cops are pricks. It's the fact that these yo-yo's are required to take a psychological examination (and pass) along with hundreds of hours of so-called 'training' ------- and the tax payer still gets a Barney Fife with a gun :roll:

..and that leads me to a different conclusion. Life endangerd for shit salary imples that they are doing it for a larger cause. There are plenty of well paying job that enable you to be a prick and not get your life threatened.

Tipys
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Like join the Air Force

kawasakirob
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:17 PM

This made me laugh my ass off. It is true. If cops want action, they should go work the border, then they would have better pay, better weapons, and greater chances of action. Plus the benefit of fighting for some huge issues that are trying to take place in America. But, it seems like the majority of those on the road are happy with handing out tickets...all day....except when they stop at taco bell....and then they are back handing out tickets.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:19 PM
..and that leads me to a different conclusion. Life endangerd for shit salary imples that they are doing it for a larger cause. There are plenty of well paying job that enable you to be a prick and not get your life threatened.

I know. I'm in one. One needs to remember that it is a fine line between the 'larger cause' and personal ego.

kawasakirob
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Like join the Air Force

I'm joining the Air Force, I will be flying mach dropping bombs on stuff. Weaving in and out of canyons with a retarded amount of horsepower. Who would want to do that? I would totally rather be handing out tickets. totally

Tipys
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Bikes really dont have that much horsepower

kawasakirob
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:24 PM

Tipsy bud its the Air Force, I am not talking about weaving in an out of canyons on bikes.

Devaclis
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:24 PM

Ever been on a Honda? They have enough horsepower to make Tom Cruze wanna bang other dudes after a hot, sweaty volleyball game in the sand.

Yeah, THAT kind of power.

Tipys
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Tipsy bud its the Air Force, I am not talking about weaving in an out of canyons on bikes.

Just cause your in the Air Force doesn't mean you get to fly.

And Dana My bike ate a Honda one time does that count

Nick_Ninja
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Ever been on a Honda? They have enough horsepower to make Tom Cruze wanna bang other dudes after a hot, sweaty volleyball game in the sand.

This ------- in a Cops Who Ride thread. Someone dig up that "Officer Dangle' photo from Halloween. :twisted: U R sick Devaclis.

kawasakirob
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Deva, Sounds like you know a thing or two about that kind of power, elaborate for us.

Tipys
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Dana just rapes the tail pipes of hondas

kawasakirob
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I would stick my dick in the tailpipe of an RSV4? Is that wierd?

Nick_Ninja
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Deva, Sounds like you know a thing or two about that kind of power, elaborate for us.

He does ........ and you had better Respect His Authority!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/devaclis/Holloween%202006/IMG_0527_1.jpg

Devaclis
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/devaclis/Holloween%202006/IMG_0546.jpg

Devaclis
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:36 PM
ooooh! You can see my VPL!!! Woohoo! You are welcome ladies :)

kawasakirob
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:39 PM
:) Lt. Dangle. thats a good costume

Nick_Ninja
:) Lt. Dangle. thats a good costume

That isn't a costume n00b.

Devaclis
The star is aluminum foil. The mustache is real.

kawasakirob
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:46 PM
That isn't a costume n00b.

Ha, I should have known. Good times

Mental
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I'm joining the Air Force, I will be flying mach dropping bombs on stuff. Weaving in and out of canyons with a retarded amount of horsepower. Who would want to do that? I would totally rather be handing out tickets. totally

When that pig gets off the ground, if it ain't broken, and it usually is...

MMMM Dyess Texas...or....yes....South Dakota...gardenspots of the world.

No Radome = No care

Mister BOYD
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:49 PM

That's official.. I will never EVER own a Honda or play volley ball in the sand.

Devaclis
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:51 PM
You mean, not AGAIN?

Mister BOYD
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Dammit... your tellin everyone all my secrets!

kawasakirob
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Time to rumble

Devaclis
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Wow, you look good in gold. RAWR!

kawasakirob
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Wow, you look good in gold. RAWR!

Quit trying to find my package.

Bueller
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 04:18 PM
So if you got pulled over by a cop you knew, and he gave you a warning instead of a ticket just because you were friends, you'd tell him to go fuck himself and ask for the ticket instead since you shouldn't be above the law? (This is a question for more than just you.)

It happens semi-frequently where an MC cop pulls over another rider, and unless that rider was doing something incredibly reckless/stupid, they get let off. So it isn't just cops letting off other cops, either.

My point is there is a load of hypocrisy in this thread. Everyone's all up in arms that a cop might let another cop off but I guarantee nobody would argue for a moment if the same leniency were given to them. It seems to be some sort of "cop taking care of cop" animosity, but really what did you expect to see, those guys raking each other over the coals? You never know when you will need that other guy to back you up when some crackhead screams abuse, or starts shooting at you. I don't think anyone should necessarily be above the law, but if I were a cop I'd do the exact same thing and damn well know it, and I'm grateful when I end up just getting a warning (or even the finger-shake "slow down" look without the stop) even though I probably deserved a ticket and am certainly not above any laws.
You sure read a lot into my statement. I don't like the attitude that they are owed extra consideration and where it stops, how far can a cop go with his/her fellow officers looking the other way.

No one assigned them this line of work, they walked into knowing the risk and pay.

salsashark
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Dana just rapes the tail pipes of hondas

I thought that was Bertha and Yamaha's...

Slo
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Time to rumble

Whether you like cops or not, you will fit right into here hahaha....

The Black Knight
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Figures are a little skewed man,
http://www.springsgov.com/Page.asp?NavID=4016

Police Officer Wage and Benefits

Wages
The City of Colorado Springs offers a competitive pay package. New officers progress quickly from Police Recruit to the highest rate of pay.(not to mention bad ass bene's and vacation/sick time accruals.)
Position July 2008
Annual Salary
Police Recruit $42,804
Police Officer 4th (P4) $46,236
Police Officer 3rd (P3) $50,640
Police Officer 2nd (P2) $58,248
Police Officer 1st (P1) $66,984

$34K a year? That's a little low I think Mental. For sure they put themselves in a high(er) risk job but nothing compared to our Military. And yes both know the risks and in both situations(Police or Military) it's all voluntary.

I'm not picking on Cops, hell I'll ride with anyone as long as they are cool and decent. Can't say as I'd ride with anyone that is a member of ATF or FBI. I just don't trust the FED's :)

I can't comment on cops being hypocritical, without putting the spotlight on myself as well. Heaven knows I've gone way to fast for the streets(on more then one occasion) and I think it's a bit wrong to yell at a cop for doing the same thing.

Is there more that they have to live up to so to speak?? Yeah I think one could make that argument, mainly because they have taken an Oath to uphold and follow the Law. But to each their own when it comes to highspeed antics, as I know I can't one to cast the first stone in this discussion.

rforsythe
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 08:55 PM
You sure read a lot into my statement. I don't like the attitude that they are owed extra consideration and where it stops, how far can a cop go with his/her fellow officers looking the other way.

Not just your statement, yours was just the most conveniently quoted. And I'm not saying they're owed extra consideration, just that I understand where it comes from.

No one assigned them this line of work, they walked into knowing the risk and pay.

Yes, they did. That commands a certain level of respect in and of itself. Their actions beyond that are certainly open for question, not denying that.

Mental
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Figures are a little skewed man....

You're right, I looked on there last year and $34K was the number that stuck, obviously it was wrong. Good catch. I dunno about bad ass bene's, certainly there are good, but not all you think. That however is a matter of perspective.

You more than anyone else here have a reason to be unhappy with the police. But the fact of the matter is we all do the professional coutesy thing. My former waitress wife always gets great service and we notice stuff not on our bill all the time.

You make a piont about the military and that sticks, which is why I almost never get an actual citation. I'm polite and respctful, never make them chase me and admit fault. But you better believe I use that ID card.

But to be fair, I have non-military buddies who are polite and repectful and usually leave with a warning, and I have military buddies with a chip on their soldier that will end up on the side of the road while LEO climbs through their car looking for infractions.

To that end, its not that from lipping off to the kids at a Taco Bell. You come in drunk, rude and being a dick, you're getting something extra in your burrito. When I did my fast food time I came into after work, I got free stuff. When I worked at the movies, I never paid. When I was a bartender, I usually drank for free or darn close to it.

Its human nature. The line where they stop letting other LEOs get away with stuff is different for every Cop and changes every day. You are dealing with the non-standard of human behavior. But I would be willing to bet it isn;t much different from what they let me get away with.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, to expect human beings to be above human nature just becuase of their chosen and dangerous profession, is an unrealistic expectation and creates animosity toward a group of folks who really are just trying to make their community a better place.

Of course, none of us are going to change anybody's mind. So this aurgument boils down to a double standard. Well someone else said it before too. That applies to life. Bernie Madoff will eat for the rest of his life on the taxpayers dime, after ensuring so many would not have enough money to pay taxes. The CEOs and power brokers of Enron are still living pretty large except for small handful at a federal resort. Arlen Spector can swap politcal parties just so he can save his career poltician job and no one can stop him. Paris Hilton and that Kardashian chick get a day in jail for multiple DUIs, while you and I would lose our jobs and cough up 10K plus the first time. 2 different Florida sentars have sex scandals (including one where the guy was hitting in underage male paiges) and KEEP their freaking job!!!!!!

In the light of all this and the hundreds of example we could all come up with, I really don't see a problem with letting someone out of a speeding tickett. Of course that is still my opinion, YMMV

The Black Knight
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 10:36 PM
You're right, I looked on there last year and $34K was the number that stuck, obviously it was wrong. Good catch. I dunno about bad ass bene's, certainly there are good, but not all you think. That however is a matter of perspective.

You more than anyone else here have a reason to be unhappy with the police. But the fact of the matter is we all do the professional coutesy thing. My former waitress wife always gets great service and we notice stuff not on our bill all the time.

You make a piont about the military and that sticks, which is why I almost never get an actual citation. I'm polite and respctful, never make them chase me and admit fault. But you better believe I use that ID card.

But to be fair, I have non-military buddies who are polite and repectful and usually leave with a warning, and I have military buddies with a chip on their soldier that will end up on the side of the road while LEO climbs through their car looking for infractions.

To that end, its not that from lipping off to the kids at a Taco Bell. You come in drunk, rude and being a dick, you're getting something extra in your burrito. When I did my fast food time I came into after work, I got free stuff. When I worked at the movies, I never paid. When I was a bartender, I usually drank for free or darn close to it.

Its human nature. The line where they stop letting other LEOs get away with stuff is different for every Cop and changes every day. You are dealing with the non-standard of human behavior. But I would be willing to bet it isn;t much different from what they let me get away with.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, to expect human beings to be above human nature just becuase of their chosen and dangerous profession, is an unrealistic expectation and creates animosity toward a group of folks who really are just trying to make their community a better place.

Of course, none of us are going to change anybody's mind. So this aurgument boils down to a double standard. Well someone else said it before too. That applies to life. Bernie Madoff will eat for the rest of his life on the taxpayers dime, after ensuring so many would not have enough money to pay taxes. The CEOs and power brokers of Enron are still living pretty large except for small handful at a federal resort. Arlen Spector can swap politcal parties just so he can save his career poltician job and no one can stop him. Paris Hilton and that Kardashian chick get a day in jail for multiple DUIs, while you and I would lose our jobs and cough up 10K plus the first time. 2 different Florida sentars have sex scandals (including one where the guy was hitting in underage male paiges) and KEEP their freaking job!!!!!!

In the light of all this and the hundreds of example we could all come up with, I really don't see a problem with letting someone out of a speeding tickett. Of course that is still my opinion, YMMV
I don't know man, they've got pretty good bene's, same as mine and I can't complain about mine. Even our out of network stuff is decent(dental or vision at least), Medical is another story. I know some companies offer better family bene's. But for the single guy, I can't beat what I pay for mine.

As for Vaca/Sick time I think they accumulate at the same rate I do. Though when my Uncle was on CSPD, he worked a 8 days on 4 days off schedule. So I'm not sure how the sworn employees accumulate comp time if any.

And no, I'm not fuming mad the CSPD because of the budget problems right now. I know they feel that they have to do what they have to do. I just think it's real BS that other departments in the City have to pick up the slack that Police and Fire aren't willing to carry during the cuts process.

My main beef is that I've lost alot of respect for CSPD and CSFD(I've never liked Fire). But I've taken several city offered classes where you'll have members of all departments attend, and usually everyone from CSPD has been real cool(I'll usually chat guns with them in between classes). But with all that's going on right now, they have been giving off the real "elitist" attitude and are real "cliquey" to the point of looking down on the rest. And that's really uncool.

But to keep this on topic. Yeah I get there are perks in every line of work to some degree. Although I think you made off like a bandit compared to myself when I was in highschool working at restarants. HAHA I never got free stuff, ever. Best I could score were discounts and that's about it.

I guess I could say in my line of work, I can get some wicked discounts from some of our suppliers we use(if not cost on some things) and it's only because they know who I work for, plus the fact that we do tons of business with them as it is.

So I agree there are trade offs in all lines of work. To be perfectly honest, Cops letting other Cops off with warnings or less in traffic stops doesn't really bother me. Never really paid much attention to it as I figure it's something that just happens.

RajunCajun
Fri May 1st, 2009, 01:04 AM
He does ........ and you had better Respect His Authority!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/devaclis/Holloween%202006/IMG_0527_1.jpg

Hmmm, who is the cop on the right????????

Slo
Fri May 1st, 2009, 08:09 AM
crissy

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri May 1st, 2009, 10:25 AM
Well, I might end up a "cop who rides". Got contacted by the CSP this morning after sending in a resume a day or so ago and told to go a website to formally apply. Maybe my letter and resume impressed somebody. Maybe I can become a M/C cop.....if I can learn to stand riding a Hardley:). After going thru cycles of unemplyment every 4 years or so in the Engineering sector for the last 26+ years, I'm tired of this sh!t and want something where I can have a hope of a steady job and retirement, so maybe this is it.

Slo
Fri May 1st, 2009, 10:27 AM
Damn, good luck on it!!!

The Black Knight
Fri May 1st, 2009, 10:52 AM
Well, I might end up a "cop who rides". Got contacted by the CSP this morning after sending in a resume a day or so ago and told to go a website to formally apply. Maybe my letter and resume impressed somebody. Maybe I can become a M/C cop.....if I can learn to stand riding a Hardley:). After going thru cycles of unemplyment every 4 years or so in the Engineering sector for the last 26+ years, I'm tired of this sh!t and want something where I can have a hope of a steady job and retirement, so maybe this is it.
I think highway patrol ride BMW's now C_M. At least all of the ones I've seen down South are on BMW's. So you shouldn't have to worry about getting stuck on a Harley, unless that's what they give noobies. I know CSPD has switched over to almost a whole fleet of the Honda ST1300, very few harley's left that I've seen so far.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri May 1st, 2009, 11:26 AM
I think highway patrol ride BMW's now C_M. At least all of the ones I've seen down South are on BMW's. So you shouldn't have to worry about getting stuck on a Harley, unless that's what they give noobies. I know CSPD has switched over to almost a whole fleet of the Honda ST1300, very few harley's left that I've seen so far.
Well, that'd be better. Man, the forms are intense. Gotta print it out and start filling it out.

D Berns R6
Fri May 1st, 2009, 11:53 AM
Well, that'd be better. Man, the forms are intense. Gotta print it out and start filling it out.

That it is. Let me know if you have any questions. filled out like 10 of those and have been through the process on 3 departments, waiting for the academy in July for Jeffco...:)

Derek

Slo
Fri May 1st, 2009, 11:58 AM
Don't forget the slo yellow dood's. We aint all that illegal here!!!! ;)