PDA

View Full Version : How Many CSCers Has Rybo Helped?

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Scott called me last night to talk about about gamma ray bursts and racing (maybe he has an idea about a new engine design?). Later I got to wondering how many people here have been a recipient of his generosity? I know he has helped me on several occasions like getting my bike wired for racing, some much needed ibuprofen after a get-off in turn 10 at PMP, and insights into going around a track faster. It always seems like he's there when someone needs something. Anybody else notice that?

Dirk

McVaaahhh
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 08:15 AM
That RYBO guy's a jerk, Scott's not too bad though. :D

Great guy to have around, noting but respect for him.

Sean
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 08:23 AM
There are 5,236 members listed on the front page. Then add in the people that have been kicked off (he's probably helped them too), I'm guessing about 10,000? :dunno:

He's so good at helping, he actually helped me without being there. He gave Chris his truck, to pick up my bike on Poudre Canyon. Then he arranged to have irdave fix my tire at his house at 10pm on a sunday night. He was there, but more or less coordinating the generosity of everybody.

The bad side to Rybo. Now I spend money I don't have on: track days, trackbikes, r2sl, etc....:lol:

rforsythe
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 08:29 AM
That jerk came over to my house and left a damn old water heater in our basement and a pile of busted R1 parts in the garage!

(Of course, that was after putting in the new water heater, helping reassemble the busted R1, putting in windows, floor tile, giving me a bike to race for a season, buying my crack and hookers, etc)

UglyDogRacing
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Scott is the most generous person that I know. I cant wait to use my old water heater for target practice.

~Barn~
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Scott should be the first inductee into the CSC Hall of Fame.

dallas
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:16 AM
I don't have a personal story to share, but I hear if you need a bike crash tested at the track, Scott is the man for the job.

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I don't have a personal story to share, but I hear if you need a bike crash tested at the track, Scott is the man for the job.

No, I took over that responsibility from him but I'm hoping to pass it on this year.

Dirk

dallas
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:22 AM
I doubt that there is bad thing that can be said about Scott.

Sean
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Scott should be the first inductee into the CSC Hall of Fame.And what would that include? Putting his pic up at the local post office and chipping in for a new can of Honda Polish for him? :lol:

I hear if you need a bike crash tested at the track, Scott is the man for the job.While he def gets the most shit for it, I don't think that title is exclusive to him.

~Barn~
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:55 AM
And what would that include? Putting his pic up at the local post office and chipping in for a new can of Honda Polish for him? :lol:

No, nothing like that. But we would eventually be able to at least shame him, and then have him kicked out of "The Hall", for betting on races.

DevilsTonic
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 10:18 AM
He's helped all of us in some way or another. Probably the nicest guy I've ever had the privelege of knowing.

UglykidJoe
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I have never met, nor been the recipient of any good deeds, but if what a guy does gets noticed and people are very grateful to have that person in their lives in some way, then I too will put in a vote for the Hall.

Cars-R-Coffins
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 11:00 AM
He's helped all of us in some way or another. Probably the nicest guy I've ever had the privilege of knowing.

+1

lovinCO
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Scott you rock the house!! Be careful I think Dirk is in love with you!! :)

Shortcake
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I wouldn't know where to start telling everyone how wonderful he is!!! Absolute topnotch friend!

McVaaahhh
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 11:37 AM
I just wonder how many bodies he's got stacked up in his basement? :wtf:

Tipys
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 11:39 AM
^^^2 he doesnt like competition

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Scott should be the first inductee into the CSC Hall of Fame.

No doubt. First ballot!

And what would that include? Putting his pic up at the local post office and chipping in for a new can of Honda Polish for him? :lol:

Hell with chipping in. The first cans on me!

To all of those that haven't had the privilege of knowing Scott, he is the classiest, most selfless person I've ever met. He never hesitates to give anyone a helping hand. He'll will do whatever for whomever he can.

Seriously, if the world had more Scott Rybarik's, what an incredible world it would be.

Pandora-11
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 02:05 PM
To all of those that haven't had the privilege of knowing Scott, he is the classiest, most selfless person I've ever met. He never hesitates to give anyone a helping hand. He'll will do whatever for whomever he can.

Seriously, if the world had more Scott Rybarik's, what an incredible world it would be.

He gets my vote just for helpfulness and kindness to a beleaguered stranger online. :)

eklew
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Who is this RYBO you all speak of??? I would like to meet him sometime since you all say he is so nice and stuff.

Dave
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Put me on the list for “recipient of his generosity” as well. (Already thanked him) He is an instrument of charitable deeds and IMHO what comes around goes around, so I expect great things for Rybo and family.

I wish to know how a person ends up with this charitable quality. Is there a special school or possibly a self help book to advance this kind of excellence?

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Yuppers...he is one very nice and amazing person! That much is evident in just chatting with the man.

rforsythe
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 02:10 PM
It's gotta be the hair.

King Nothing
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 06:48 PM
He gave me $100 once. Also, he gave me a free lunch that day.

rybo
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 11:01 PM
The sincere part of my post:

Wow.

Got home tonight and got to the CSC and found this. I certainly didn't expect it, so I'm not really sure what to say except to say that I hope, if you've been the recipient of some kindness, that you choose to pass it on.

The smartass part of my post:

of course it's the hair (or lack thereof). Watch for the turtle wax at the next trackday. It makes me faster.

s

Tipys
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 11:24 PM
I will bring you some^^^^

Sean
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Watch for the turtle wax at the next trackday. It makes me faster.
Chicane Trackdays proudly announces its new sponsor!!!!!!!!

ZX9Rider
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Rybo helped me drink my wine.

DavidofColorado
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:28 AM
RYBO banned me and made me promise to limit my shananigan remarks. I have been limited to 1 post a month now since I don't have anything nice to say.

He did turn me onto State Farm Insurance back when Gaycko was jerking me around and I haven't regretted it once. Here's to you Scott.

Reyven
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Scott helped me and probably didnt even know it. Just through conversation, was given some good advice that I took with me when looking for a new bike. :) Thanks Scott

Sortarican
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:47 PM
That RYBO guy's a jerk, Scott's not too bad though. :D.

+1 Scott should kick RYBO's ass off this board.
(But he's too nice a guy to do it.)

Scott's got mad crash skillz......I once saw him highside a Sherman tank.

I just wonder how many bodies he's got stacked up in his basement? :wtf:

LOL, he was a quiet man....kinda kept to himself.

+1,000,000 on Scott being one of the most stand-up guys I've ever met.

dirkterrell
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 05:46 PM
So, now that my suspicions of the widespread nature of Scott's generosity have proven true I'm wondering if we couldn't do something for him. As you know, he was laid off and that killed his racing season this year. If you've ever seen him on race day, you know just how much he loves it. Can we express our appreciation to a genuinely generous member of our family down on his luck by scraping together enough money to get him a few racing weekends? If he just ran an endurance race, it probably wouldn't take too much. I'll share my expertise in going slow with him to conserve tires. :)

Scott, what would it take to run the Duc in endurance besides the entry fee (which I will cover)?

Dirk

green_zx7r
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Count me in on that Dirk. I'll chip in if it means Rybo can get a race in this season!

64BonnieLass
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Heck yeah man. I am certain I have an extra Spleen laying around here somewhere. :idea: I'll sell it for mucho big $$$$$!!!!

And if I use my Three-Hole-Punch-card.....wait....

You got it Dirk. I'm in. :)

Vehicle 1
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I'll put in the money he gave back to me after I once paid him for the fasteners he gave me to be able to race Race 1 last season... wtf Scott.

Sean
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I'll help in any way I possibly can. :up:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 07:21 PM
PM'd! I'm in...let's get this dude racing.

I can chip in some cash. I can also donate whatever money I can get from a set of 2006 GSXR 1000 mirror/turn signal units that are in excellent condition. I also have a stock exhaust can from that same 2006 GSXR 1000. If you know anyone looking for these, let me know and for a very fair price they can be had with all proceeds going to Scott's next race day!

UglykidJoe
Fri May 1st, 2009, 06:47 AM
How much is a "Track Day?" I mean if all you people feel this strongly about this Rybo/Scott person I can only be assured that helping him out is a good thing. Let me know what I can do.

Sean
Fri May 1st, 2009, 06:59 AM
How much is a "Track Day?"The next one is $97 :shocked:, usually $120-200 (depending on the track). Here's a great website! http://chicanetrackdays.com

Tipys
Fri May 1st, 2009, 07:01 AM
Well a trackday is about 120. We are talking about a race day for scott which is not to high in cost for the class he will be running. Scott is a great guy has helped out alot of people on here and other places I am sure. He lost his job this year and is unable to race (something he truly enjoys) because of it.

UglykidJoe
Fri May 1st, 2009, 07:59 AM
Tell ya what, I got $100.00 bucks to pay for his trackday on the 11th. I need to know if he is going to attend, and if he is, how I can get this to him.

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri May 1st, 2009, 08:10 AM
Wow - that's awesome of ya jopfin!

Dirk - add me to yer PM list to help when ya get things figured out! =)

dirkterrell
Fri May 1st, 2009, 08:30 AM
Tell ya what, I got $100.00 bucks to pay for his trackday on the 11th. I need to know if he is going to attend, and if he is, how I can get this to him.

Scott runs the trackdays so I'm sure he lets himself ride for free. :) What I'm talking about is helping him scrape up enough cash to do some MRA racing this year. If he just did endurance, it would be fairly cheap. On the other hand, if we came through in a really awesome way, he could run a Supertwins sprint race too.

It wouldn't take much individually for us to do something awesome for him. You know, we all bitch about how shitty and selfish a lot of people are and this guy is always doing stuff for other people, often unasked. Now he's down on his luck financially and missing something that I know he loves to do. This would be a way for us to show that we appreciate selfless people who do so much for our community and expect nothing in return.

To all that have offered to help- thank you very much. When we get the details figured out, I'll post them up.

Dirk

Sean
Fri May 1st, 2009, 08:49 AM
How much is a "Track Day?"

The next one is $97 :shocked:, usually $120-200 (depending on the track). Here's a great website! http://chicanetrackdays.com:oops: Opps, sorry jopfin. As Dirk stated above, Rybo is a racer (and a good one at that) so we are trying to help him get back to racing. Racing is a seperate entity to trackdays. I posted hastily without actually thinking what you might have meant. The info I gave above is for a track day company that he owns and operates.

As I said before, I'm in for whatever I can do. How much $ are some of the entrance fees for races? What does he normally run? Besides entrance fees, we may have to factor in tires. Anything else? race gas? We can get Tipys/Randy to be his umbrella boy :lol:

UglykidJoe
Fri May 1st, 2009, 09:15 AM
ok just let me know.......

~Barn~
Fri May 1st, 2009, 09:33 AM
Does somebody just want to setup (or volunteer) their PayPal account, so we can get this rolling. If you truly want to donate, this will be the easiest, and the quickest way to start the funds going in.

I'm happy to offer up mine to start collecting funds, and then I can write a check to Dirk or whatever, but my PayPal account is only setup to receive bank-funded payments and not credit-funded payments. (It's how I avoid fees).

Either way, the sooner the better I think. This is something that we couldn't be doing, for a more well-deserving person. :up:

Filo
Fri May 1st, 2009, 09:35 AM
Scott has helped me race, I will help in return. Of course, I expect a sticker on his bike, just like the last group I sponsored (they had a typo in my name that they couldn't fix last minute).

dirkterrell
Fri May 1st, 2009, 09:46 AM
Does somebody just want to setup (or volunteer) their PayPal account, so we can get this rolling. If you truly want to donate, this will be the easiest, and the quickest way to start the funds going in.

Scott has a PayPal account so when I hear from him, I'll let everyone know the details..

Dirk

CBRSue
Fri May 1st, 2009, 08:26 PM
It will be awesome to see Scott out on the racetrack again, so I would like to contribute, too.

From another member of the RYBO Fan Club :),
Susan

nattynoo
Mon May 4th, 2009, 11:50 AM
One of the best people that I know...but he knows nothing about girls... :lol:

~Barn~
Mon May 4th, 2009, 11:51 AM
One of the best people that I know...but he knows nothing about girls... :lol:

The mother of his children might take issue with that one. :D