PDA

View Full Version : So, I'm at 7-11 this morning and....

TFOGGuys
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Some guy comes in and says" Hey Mister, your bike just got tipped over". So I set my toxic burrito on the counter and dash outside, and sure enough, my FZ1 is laying on it's left side. It turns out that a guy was backing out of a parking space and was paying more attention to what was in front of him than behind him. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

The damage is minimal, and mostly cosmetic, although he DID manage to dent the tank. He was very apologetic, I think mostly because he though I was gonna beat his ass. I may post up pics of my wounded baby later :cry:

dm_gsxr
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Damn that sucks. Glad the bike is basically ok and now has some character :D

Carl

Sully
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Nice that he stayed around to apologize rather than taking off. Hope it's not too bad Jim :( You could have beat his ass with your toxic burrito !

MetaLord 9
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 08:49 AM
He was very apologetic, I think mostly because he though I was gonna beat his ass.
Do you puff up & spit acid when you're mad or something, b/c otherwise, I'm not sure of exactly how threatening you look Jim... :D

Just kidding man, sorry to hear. That really sucks & I know I'd be freaking livid if some asshat knocked my baby over.

You should see if you can get a hookup from someone at a bike service shop. I might know a guy... :D

Sean
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 08:53 AM
That sucks Jim, sorry to hear about it. I know a really good mechanic that you should call if you need anything. 303-216-2400

I say we have a good ol fashion lynching!

Mother Goose
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 08:56 AM
That sucks Jim, sorry to hear about it. I know a really good mechanic that you should call if you need anything. 303-216-2400

I say we have a good ol fashion lynching!
:imwithstupid: Those guys do some good work. ;)

Sucks that happened, but at least he stuck around, most people would have taken off.

dallas
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 08:59 AM
You have more self control than I do. I would have unleashed all 127 lbs. of fury on his ass.

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:04 AM
You have more self control than I do. I would have unleashed all 127 lbs. of fury on his ass.

Damn, that's a big burrito.

Sorry to hear this Jim. I hope he was insured.

Dirk

Ricky
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:17 AM
So awesome when someone can own up to their mistake!!

McVaaahhh
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Bummer Jim.

Although I thought I was going to have a similar experience when you were backing that big beast out of your lot last night.

wankel7
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:42 AM
If he is truly sorry he will say it with money and not words:)

Ricky
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:48 AM
If he is truly sorry his insurance company will say it with money and not words:)

Fixed

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Ugh...what a horrid feeling in the pit of your tummy Jim. I bet the guy really felt awful too.

Mental
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah, if the guy owned up and his insurance is paying, then good to keep your cool. If we all go psychotic every time this happens, cagers will leave. If we react (realativly) calmly when they own up, we reward this positive behavior.

But if he flakes or the insurance company starts with some BS, gather the torches and stakes...

Tipys
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Mental this happened outside of SoCO. Do you remember what happened last time we took the torches and stakes north?

Bummer Jim

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Sorry to hear it, hope it all works out and you get paid in full. Good thing he stuck around.

Slo
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Yeah that sucks but you can't get all crazy over a mistake. At least I hope it's being taken care of by the other guy?

Devaclis
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Damn, Jim, that sucks bro :(

I hope everything works out for and for him. It really sucks being on either end of a genuine mistake.

Matty
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 02:07 PM
that sux....

but on the bright side you only have to pay cost for the parts.

Mizzybeff
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 02:13 PM
dude that sucks sorry to hear. Hope the insurance covers.

Gainer
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Sorry to hear about this Jim. If his insurance does not come through we can always drive this (below) over to his house and persuade him to cough up the cash. I happen to know where you can get one.

http://www.mhannaconstruction.com/images/JD644j.jpg

Tipys
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 02:56 PM
^^^For free?

kawasakirob
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Its funny how that works,you can put a ton of miles on your bike and have someone else knock it over. Thats a bummer

Gainer
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 04:19 PM
^^^For free?

Actually.....yes...

kalibra
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Sorry to hear Jim,is the bike ok?I kid I kid!Glad you're okay and nice to see he was decent enough to take responsibility for it.

willb003
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 05:11 PM
That would be something fun to play with.