PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Roadracing Explained

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:01 AM
From 1985 so the music might make you gag but there is some great video in these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyapTAgAyOk&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO3cf41tnVM&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOM9yOHspkg&feature=player_embedded

Dirk

MetaLord 9
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:06 AM
And here I expected you to have posted a physics powerpoint presentation that rivaled a lecture on Ontological Imperialism on the boredom scale :lol:

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:10 AM
And here I expected you to have posted a physics powerpoint presentation that rivaled a lecture on Ontological Imperialism on the boredom scale :lol:

Hey, my physics lectures are fun, buddy! No one falls asleep when they are falling off a building during the gravity lecture, for example.

Dirk

Sean
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Cool vids, thanks for helping me procrastinate from writing this paper, Dirk!
And to think how far motorcycle technology has come since then. :shocked:

MetaLord 9
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Hey, my physics lectures are fun, buddy! No one falls asleep when they are falling off a building during the gravity lecture, for example.

Dirk
I know a few folks on here that need to attend one of your "lectures" then... :D

Snowman
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:21 AM
And here I expected you to have posted a physics powerpoint presentation that rivaled a lecture on Ontological Imperialism on the boredom scale :lol:Physics lectures are never boring.
Had a professor in college use an air gun and bowling balls to explain orbital mechanics. That was cool… :)

MetaLord 9
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I had a German professor who had a questionably gay relationship with his offstage helper "Karl" and that was about the extent of the excitement in that cattle call that was my college physics class

Shea
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Physics lectures are never boring.
Had a professor in college use an air gun and bowling balls to explain orbital mechanics. That was cool… :)
:imwithstupid:

Physics is cool. But then again I'm a total geek.

gtn
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:31 AM
I liked the look I got from one of my professors when I asked about when we got to do the high energy experiments. :eyebrows:

His eyes got real big and he said, "Not this semester." :lol:

ZX9Rider
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 10:04 AM
The video was a 10
The Costumes was a 5 (not timeless like Star Wars)
The Music was a 7 (Reminded me of Beverly Hills Cop)

mopoet178
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Honestly, parts of those movies really gave me the chills in a good way, but then again, I am a nostalgia guy, notsomuch a technology guy. Makes me want a 2 stroke :D
-Marsh

rforsythe
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Physics textbooks are boring. Lectures and experiments/demonstrations are usually a lot more fun, actually those were some of the coolest classes I ever took.

mbohn
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:49 PM
I always felt that motorcycle racing was nothing more than a physics experiment. Who can come the closest to the limits imposed by physics without exceeding them, wins.

And thanks for posting those links. Great fun!

DanFZ1
Tue May 5th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Well, there you go. Proof posivtive that the CSC is better then SPEEDtv any day. I remember Fast Freddie's Laguna Seca stunt from way back when. I rented that tape at the Video Station in Boulder back when there was actually no such thing as a DVD, but it was just the about "the lap" he pulled off. I don't recall the rest of the stuff being on there. I suppose Honda could have used the same footage? for two different tapes? I dunno. Maybe I'm just remembering it my way. :)

( Yes, I am seriously that old. I am 45. )

Endless arguments ensued over whether or not it was staged and, how could it possibly be that two wheels could be faster than four. I always used to love those arguments.

So now, instead of working, I am getting out the VCR and playing tapes of King Kenny and Fast Freddie at Laguna Seca. :siesta: