PDA

View Full Version : Texting & Driving crash

McVaaahhh
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Saw this on the news last night. Video of some dumb-ass bus driver texting and then crashing into the back of someone.

I fuggin hate people on cell phones or texting. How the fuck can you drive when you're looking at your phone and typing shit into it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M74j8LvX6k

Just noticed his passenger is in a wheel chair too...

Tipys
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Damn I am sure if there wasnt a camra in the bus he would have said his brakes went out.

Captain Obvious
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Studies show cameras in work vehicles improve safety and reduce accidents. Also help prove when the drivers are at fault. Sure hope this guy gets fired.

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:43 PM
He's lucky that it was a 4Runner that he plowed into the ass end of...as opposed to some small economy car and running it clean over - killing everybody in the process.

kalibra - studies have shown that handsfree devices actually don't improve safety at all. It seems to be a distraction issue while chatting on the phone period, not just holding it up to your ear. (But I totally hear where you are coming from!) People just assume they are better than that and they'll never cause a crash and hurt someone b/c they HAVE to make this one quick phone call.

SaShWhO
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 12:54 PM
what a douche!
here's to him and all others like him:321:

MetaLord 9
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 01:27 PM
If the car in front of him had been a bike, the rider(s) would have been killed for sure. That much mass traveling at that kind of speed...physics takes over here.

Mother Goose
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I fuggin hate people on cell phones or texting. How the fuck can you drive when you're looking at your phone and typing shit into it?
Some people can text w/out looking at their phones. ;) But most people on the road shouldn't even be on the road at all.

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 01:49 PM
If the car in front of him had been a bike, the rider(s) would have been killed for sure. That much mass traveling at that kind of speed...physics takes over here.

And then everyone falls asleep? :)

+1 on what Jess said. It's not so much having your hands free. It's having the concentration to observe and react to what's going around you.

Dirk

McVaaahhh
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Some yes, but many people can't even walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.

Some people can text w/out looking at their phones. ;) But most people on the road shouldn't even be on the road at all.

asp_125
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Off with his thumbs!

Canuck
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 02:25 PM
That guy has no skill.

I'm typng this as I drive.

Sully
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 02:30 PM
oh Canuck :bow:... :lol:...

I agree, there are people on the road that shouldn't be... <skurred>

MetaLord 9
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 02:56 PM
And then everyone falls asleep? :)
Dirk
I knew that was coming...How are the telescope images looking, Mr. Snarky?

Shea
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:01 PM
I agree, there are people on the road that shouldn't be... <skurred>

Yeah, people like you... :p

Sully
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Probably so... :alien: :lol:

Tipys
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Now I just need to get a picture of me on my big wheel texting

sugarrey
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:31 PM
that big wheel jump......thats just PIMP

wankel7
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Another neat crash video...

Check out the "FWD" and "LAT" are those G meters?

Why did the truck come over so fast?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4LYZ7ZUtMA&feature=related

mopoet178
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:46 AM
There are no cameras in the busses I drive, hehe :D

TFOGGuys
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:50 AM
He's lucky that it was a 4Runner that he plowed into the ass end of...as opposed to some small economy car and running it clean over - killing everybody in the process.

kalibra - studies have shown that handsfree devices actually don't improve safety at all. It seems to be a distraction issue while chatting on the phone period, not just holding it up to your ear. (But I totally hear where you are coming from!) People just assume they are better than that and they'll never cause a crash and hurt someone b/c they HAVE to make this one quick phone call.

Just one more reason I rarely listen to music on the bike, and will NEVER have a cell connection in my helmet!

R6Blake101
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:21 PM
:crazy: