PDA

View Full Version : PPIR SOLD?

*MV* #33
Thu Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:40 PM
I wonder how this will effect our racing @ pikes in the years to come? I wonder if the new owner will lat us have track days?

I read it all here:

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=11513

"2/3/2005
Spokesman: Sale Of Pikes Peak International Raceway Won't Impact 2005 Motorcycle Events

Pikes Peak International Raceway is for sale but that will not impact motorcycle racing at the Fountain, Colorado speedway in 2005."

Hoopty
Thu Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:58 PM
Open track days would be sweet, either that or tear it down and build a REAL track. :idea: :D

Anonymous
Thu Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:58 PM
Who owns it now?

I thought Penske held a big interest in it or wanted to... Then again those were all part of the "PPIR got sold" rumors that have filtered up for the past three years. This sounds legit, but it just says it's for sale - not that anyone actually bought it yet.

If anything I'd think they would buy it just to close it and build something bigger/better closer to Denver, to attract larger NASCAR races and crowds. 'Course that's been a rumor for a while now too.

Hey y'all, watch this!
Thu Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:22 PM
Does Colorado have enough Rednecks to support a NASCAR track and tell the pain-in-the-ass neighbors to shut up about the noise?

Lel
Thu Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:34 PM
hmm last i heard though was that AMA signed a contract w/ PPIR for events through 2006, so I wouldnt expect too much change.

Jason

Anonymous
Thu Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:41 PM
Does Colorado have enough Rednecks to support a NASCAR track and tell the pain-in-the-ass neighbors to shut up about the noise?

If you build it, they will come...

Colorado has a huge underground redneck population. They're usually suppressed by the granola-heads and yuppies, but if someone drops a national-level facility in here within drunk-driving distance, they will come out of the woodwork. I swear, the crowd will be so big you'd think someone shouted "La Migra!" at a Wal-Mart.

sprtbkbabe
Thu Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:44 PM

If you build it, they will come...

Colorado has a huge underground redneck population. They're usually suppressed by the granola-heads and yuppies, but if someone drops a national-level facility in here within drunk-driving distance, they will come out of the woodwork. I swear, the crowd will be so big you'd think someone shouted "La Migra!" at a Wal-Mart.

:spit:

Lel
Thu Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:45 PM
HAHAHAH :pointlaugh:

Rick T.
Thu Feb 3rd, 2005, 04:57 PM
:spit: :lol: Best thing I read today...

Stuart Little
Thu Feb 3rd, 2005, 05:56 PM
If only La Migra could be translated into some english, because that's not in my spanish repertoire... or the spanish dictionary's for that matter :D

The GECCO
Thu Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:14 PM
If only La Migra could be translated into some english, because that's not in my spanish repertoire... or the spanish dictionary's for that matter :D

La Migra roughly translated means the INS

Sparker
Thu Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:36 PM
there is a van that drives around town that has a guy pissing on La Migra.

Stuart Little
Thu Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:54 PM
lol, I figured immagration - Migra :D but I wasn't going to assume anything on lo lo's behalf :)

Brahma
Thu Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:43 PM
This may have something to do with a 1/4 mile track being built in the springs area. Not sure, but I do know that another site that I admin and moderate for has been in talkes with local officials on getting a track built for 1320 runs.