PDA

View Full Version : Swine flu

Shea
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Ok, I'm starting to get that feeling like we are getting fed a bunch of bs on this crap. 63,000 Americans die every year from "regular" flu and related complications. What is this drumbeat of "we're all screwed!" that the media is shouting? We've had one death because of this "pandemic" and that was a child coming from Mexico.

http://intelbase.blogspot.com/2009/04/swine-flu-update.html

I know it's a little "black helicopter" but something just doesn't seem right. Our government seems to operate in a constant state of "crisis and emergency" in order to get us to accept more and more breaches of our sovereign rights. Under the cover of this flu bs we are getting the UN Child Rights crap, more healthcare intervention, HR 1388/1444 (mandatory government service), S 773 (gov can take over the internet), and this crap:

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg217/medli1/090425obamathetruth.jpg?t=1241108933

"The Truth" by Michael D'Antuono, to be unveiled at Union Station to "celebrate" his first 100 days. Keeps getting creepier and creepier around here...

Devaclis
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Obama is Jesus?

Shea
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Obama is Jesus?

You didn't know? You've been hanging around Pie too much...

MetaLord 9
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Our MEDIA seems to operate in a constant state of "crisis and emergency"
Fixed.
Normal people: Oh, it's snowing. Today's commute's gonna take a little while.
Media: HOLYFUCKINGSHIT!!! It's DANGER SNOW!!! Look the fuck out b/c this snow is gonna be SOOOO much and SOOOO bad that it's gonna fuck your mother and bury your house in a blanket of white death while it impregnates your girlfriend, kills your dog, and turns your son gay!!! RUN BITCHES!!!!!!!!

Obama is Jesus?
Obesus?
BarraChrist?

Snowman
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 10:44 AM
I’m seeing this as the current media blowing this more out of proportion than what the government is doing. Given the 24hour new cycle now they have to talk about something and this is just this weeks drama.

lil_shane84
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 10:44 AM
yah whats next we send a billion dollars to pay for all the pigs other contries slaughtered, lets send 5 billion to the child in mexicos family too..

my question is how can a government be broke when we print out own fuckin money.. Australia anyone?

MetaLord 9
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Or, to put it another way:

Normal: Damn, the fridge is empty

Media:

Sean
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Don't get me started. I'm supposed to go to Cancun on Sunday. I have no issues about "getting" sick, but with all of the european and canadian airlines dropping flights, I'm thinking about bailing b/c I don't know if I'll be able to get back when I need to. These paranoid people are starting to piss me off :321:

Airreed
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 10:59 AM
I hope the price of bacon doesn't go up.

Just think of life without bacon......:shocked:

Nick_Ninja
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:00 AM
I hope the price of bacon doesn't go up.

Just think of life without bacon......:shocked:

Ain't gonna happen. If anything they wont be able to give it away. I say go out and buy a walk-in freezer and stockpile!

asp_125
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Swine flu pandemic?.... when pigs fly.

salsashark
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Ain't gonna happen. If anything they wont be able to give it away. I say go out and buy a walk-in freezer and stockpile!

SWEEEEEEETTT!!! Bacon on sale!

McVaaahhh
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I had a reply, but I got sidetracked at cheap bacon

Nick_Ninja
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I had a reply, but I got sidetracked at cheap bacon

So what you're telling us is bacon is your drug of choice?

Pandora-11
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Just FYI...map of victims

Link:
<http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=p&msa=0&msid=106484775090296685271.0004681a37b713f6b5950&ll=26.980829,-100.195312&spn=39.797532,56.25&z=4>

Devaclis
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Oh noes! Tha flu! 12 Monkeys people, you better run and hide.

Shea
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Fixed.
Normal people: Oh, it's snowing. Today's commute's gonna take a little while.
Media: HOLYFUCKINGSHIT!!! It's DANGER SNOW!!! Look the fuck out b/c this snow is gonna be SOOOO much and SOOOO bad that it's gonna fuck your mother and bury your house in a blanket of white death while it impregnates your girlfriend, kills your dog, and turns your son gay!!! RUN BITCHES!!!!!!!!

Rahm Emanual (Obama's Chief of Staff): "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. What I mean by that, is that it is an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before."

Government: Yes, the blizzard is here...we are concerned about the safety of everyone and will create a committee to study the problem.
(meanwhile they pass oppressive legislation to take away your freedoms and usurp our sovereignty)

National media has taken sides and willingly shills for the current administration. When top "journalists" have regular secret meetings with Emanual, Geithner and Bernake how can they claim to be objective? Honestly, I can't believe anything that comes out of David Gregory's mouth anymore.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/27/AR2009042700891.html?nav=rss_opinion/columns

brennahm
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:31 AM
This is ridiculous. Although, if it does go global, the ones affected will be all the sheep who get the f-ing flu shot every year because they have no immunity. Good luck to you!

salsashark
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit... it's the only way to be sure.

McVaaahhh
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:37 AM
So what you're telling us is bacon is your drug of choice?

Bacon FTW!

MetaLord 9
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit... it's the only way to be sure.
Anyone else starting to think this sounds a lot like the movie "Evolution?"

"I think we've established that "Ka-Kaw Ka-Kaw!' and 'Tookie Tookie!' don't work."

Shea
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:45 AM

I'm with you Hicks. But then again, I'm only a grunt :)

TFOGGuys
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Anybody else here remember the last time we had a President "deal" with a swine flu outbreak (1975-76)? Jimmy Carter's attempt to make vaccine mandatory?

McVaaahhh
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:54 AM
http://elitechoice.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/alien_car.jpg

VFR
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:03 PM

Aliens

Shea
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:03 PM
You keep your PT Cruiser Brian. I want one of these: :)

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg217/medli1/apc00.jpg?t=1241114617

Wyck
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I just want to say that I was sick as hell 2 weeks ago and now I'm positive it was swine flu. The virus has been lying within me dormant and everyone that was at bike night last night is at risk. You must all now proceed to buy every flu remedy known to man from all your local drugstores so that there is none left for the non-bikers when you give it to them after you get it from me. Oh and make sure you buy every surgical mask and bottle of purell while you're at it.

Shea
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I just want to say that I was sick as hell 2 weeks ago and now I'm positive it was swine flu. The virus has been lying within me dormant and now everyone that was at bike night last night is at risk. You must all now proceed to buy every flu remedy known to man from all your local drugstores so that there is none left for the non-bikers when you give it to them after you got it from me. Oh and make sure you buy every surgical mask and bottle of purell while you're at it.

Can we panic in the streets??? I really want to panic in the streets.

Snowman
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I just want to say that I was sick as hell 2 weeks ago and now I'm positive it was swine flu. The virus has been lying within me dormant and everyone that was at bike night last night is at risk. You must all now proceed to buy every flu remedy known to man from all your local drugstores so that there is none left for the non-bikers when you give it to them after you get it from me. Oh and make sure you buy every surgical mask and bottle of purell while you're at it.So who were you giving full on open mouth kisses?

My question is are they going to have to kill off all the pigs infected with swine flu as they did with cows that had mad cow? And if so do we get to choose the marinade?

Pandora-11
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Can we panic in the streets??? I really want to panic in the streets.

Can we close the schools and send all your children home for the rest of the year (present salary intact, of course)? I really want to close the schools.

Homeschooling for everyone!!!!!

Shea
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:10 PM
So are they going to have to kill off all the pigs infected with swine flu as they did with cows that had mad cow? And if so do we get to choose the marinade?

With pork at $0.00000000013 / pound, I'm sure we can have every marinade on the planet. :)

rforsythe
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Anybody else here remember the last time we had a President "deal" with a swine flu outbreak (1975-76)? Jimmy Carter's attempt to make vaccine mandatory?

No, FOG. Care to enlighten us youngun's? :)

And I will say that yeah some of this is perhaps out of proportion, but the multiplier effect means that a small group of infected people can pretty quickly make for a big group of infected people, so taking precautions is certainly good, especially when it is showing up across the globe almost overnight. And given that it's some new strain that nobody has immunity to, I'd really rather not catch it. Then again I know how to wash my hands and stay the fuck home from work when I'm sick, unlike half the assholes I work with.

MetaLord 9
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:13 PM

Isn't that the car from Animal House???

My question is are they going to have to kill off all the pigs infected with swine flu as they did with cows that had mad cow? And if so do we get to choose the marinade?
Mad Pig disease or Crazy Bacon Syndrome

I just want to say that I was sick as hell 2 weeks ago and now I'm positive it was swine flu. The virus has been lying within me dormant and everyone that was at bike night last night is at risk. You must all now proceed to buy every flu remedy known to man from all your local drugstores so that there is none left for the non-bikers when you give it to them after you get it from me. Oh and make sure you buy every surgical mask and bottle of purell while you're at it.
And I just want to say that...are you sure that wasn't the gonasyphaherpaHIVya that I gave ya three weeks ago?

Shea
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Isn't that the car from Animal House???

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg217/medli1/ngbbs4380b575b1e14.jpg?t=1241115497

Your man card is officially revoked.

Pandora-11
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:19 PM
www.flickr.com/photos/avi_abrams/423727778/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/avi_abrams/423727778/)

DFab
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Killing all the pigs (like they're doing in egypt) is dumb. Pig to human transmission is rare. The swine flu that is going around is based on human to human transmission. People should not be worried about what is currently happening with the flu. We should be worried about what could possibly happen. It's already fairly contagious, but the shit hits the fan if and when it mutates into a form with a higher mortality rate.

Read up on the spanish flu pandemic of 1917 to get an idea of what people are worried about. We are overdue for a flu pandemic.

MetaLord 9
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Your man card is officially revoked.
Suck it peck-boy.

Wyck
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Killing all the pigs (like they're doing in egypt) is dumb. Pig to human transmission is rare. The swine flu that is going around is based on human to human transmission. People should not be worried about what is currently happening with the flu. We should be worried about what could possibly happen. It's already fairly contagious, but the shit hits the fan if and when it mutates into a form with a higher mortality rate.

Read up on the spanish flu pandemic of 1917 to get an idea of what people are worried about. We are overdue for a flu pandemic.

This is a mutated descendant of that flu combined with others according to wiki

Horsman
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:50 PM

I just ordered some extra stuff for my FJ... It will look like this when it is done...
It has the Leroy Jenkins body kit...

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 01:11 PM
For you addicts out there - your bacon is safe. Transmission of the swine flu virus is not possibly by consumption of pork products (look it up on CDC if ya don't believe me). Ya just need to cook is properly as always. :)

EDIT: Consider yourself warned, below is a rant - so feel free to skip it! =)

I had folks challenging me at work today when I downplayed the severity of the issue. They cited that the pandemic alert level has been raised to 5 today. What people are failing to recognize is that this issue is due to the fact that this flu made the rare jump from swine to human, and we don't have any immunity/vaccination for it. This flu is no more dangerous than any other flu and it is not killing any more of its victims than any other flu (comparatively speaking). Flus kill its victims by worsening their chronic conditions and/or respiratory issues. Influenza is a respiratory illness, not the stomach bug that people commonly refer to as the flu. So in being a respiratory illness, the elderly, children and infirm (basically the immuno-suppressed) take the hardest hits and sometimes succumb to it.

It just sucks that more people are getting it b/c we weren't prepared for it. This is the same as every flu season. We merely try to predict what strain of flu will be prevalent and design that year's vaccination around said prediction. Most of the time we hit it head on...but sometimes we miss the mark and our vaccinations are useless that season. So our pandemic situation today is due to the fact that a LOT more people will probably catch this strain - not that you're gonna die the second you get it.

If anybody has any questions about it, I'd be more than happy to supply you with whatever info you'd like. My voice mail and email inboxes are beyond inundated with official notices from the Dept of Public Health, the CDC and such since I'm a responder.

M'kay.. I'm done venting/lecturing and I now feel better.
Carry on. LOL

Devaclis
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Jess, you have the swine flu. You are trying to spread it to us. Burn HER!!!! We are all gonna dieeeeeee!

Shea
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 01:20 PM
/agree with Jess. The reason that I find it all a little "fishy".

salsashark
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 01:23 PM
This whole thing reminds me of the SARs episode of South Park...

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Jess, you have the swine flu. You are trying to spread it to us. Burn HER!!!! We are all gonna dieeeeeee!
Yeah well...while you were working on my bike - you didn't notice me slip into the house real quick. I was licking every damn utensil in the place and hocking loogies into the cups - so there!

/agree with Jess. The reason that I find it all a little "fishy".
It was driving me nuts when the media literally exploded and over-reacted to this deal. It seems to have calmed a bit yesterday and today. Heck, I even heard one news report about how the media was making matters worse with their sensationalism...I about hit the floor when I heard that! lol

This whole thing reminds me of the SARs episode of South Park...
Yup... that's exactly what I told the people arguing with me. If they'll recall, we had similar scare tactics thrown at us with SARS and the avian flu...but we're all still here to listen to the recycled story.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 01:51 PM
http://elitechoice.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/alien_car.jpg
Nice Giger-mobile!

MetaLord 9
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:01 PM
It just sucks that more people are getting it b/c we weren't prepared for it. This is the same as every flu season. We merely try to predict what strain of flu will be prevalent and design that year's vaccination around said prediction. Most of the time we hit it head on...but sometimes we miss the mark and our vaccinations are useless that season.
You work for the CDC too? Do you spend most of your time "in your lab?" :D :D :D

Yeah well...while you were working on my bike - you didn't notice me slip into the house real quick. I was licking every damn utensil in the place and hocking loogies into the cups - so there!
:puke:

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:05 PM
You work for the CDC too? Do you spend most of your time "in your lab?" :D :D :D

Bite me buttmunch! lol

Devaclis
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:08 PM
You know where to find me......

Nick_Ninja
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:11 PM
You know where to find me......

Getting inoculated with the swine flu shot no doubt :drink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH1ODjqBPaU

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Just released from Dept of Public Health, CO now has 2 confirmed cases:

“To protect and improve the health and environment of the people of Colorado.”

NEWS

4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, Denver, CO 80246 303-692-2021

Director, Office of Communications

Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment

303-692-2013

For Immediate Release Thursday, April 30, 2009

Colorado Reports First Confirmed Cases of H1N1 (Swine) Flu in State

DENVER – Today the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment reported the first two confirmed cases of H1N1 flu in the state. One case is a woman in her 30s from Arapahoe County who returned from a Mexico cruise and a several-day stay in San Diego. She was not hospitalized and is recovering. The other case is a man in his 40s from Douglas County who works as a baggage handler at DIA. He was hospitalized for three days and will be released today to recover at home.
“As I said on Sunday and Monday, we fully expected to identify Colorado cases of H1N1 flu,” said Ned Calonge, the state’s chief medical officer at the department. “This doesn’t change the state’s approach to the H1N1 flu outbreak.
“It’s important to understand that, at this time in the United States, the H1N1 flu is acting just like seasonal flu. It is a relatively mild disease, though we expect, as with seasonal flu, to see a spectrum of illness. We continue to ask all individuals with mild flu-like illness to stay home. This is regardless of travel history. Children and adolescents with fever should not go to day care or school. Adults with fever should not go to work until their symptoms resolve. Individuals with severe illness, such as difficulty breathing, should contact their health-care provider.”
The symptoms of H1N1 flu in people are similar to the symptoms of seasonal flu and may include fever greater than 100 F, sore throat, cough, stuffy nose, chills, headache and body aches, and fatigue. Some people have reported diarrhea and vomiting associated with H1N1 flu.
The department advises those who experience influenza symptoms to stay home for seven days after onset of symptoms, or at least 24 hours after symptoms have resolved, whichever is longer.
The state health department also encourages people to take these personal precautions to decrease their chances of getting the flu:
·Wash your hands frequently.
·Cover your sneezes and coughs.
·Avoid others with respiratory illnesses.
The case from DIA is a reminder that there are potential exposures in public places. Frequent hand washing or the use of hand sanitizers can protect people who are interacting in public places and prevent the spread of illness. H1N1 flu is passed from person to person, Calonge said, and is not contracted from pigs or by eating pork.
“There are other lab specimens from patients in the pipeline that may confirm additional cases of H1N1 flu in the days and weeks to come,” said Calonge. “If there is evidence of a cluster of H1N1 flu cases that would warrant protective public health measures, we are prepared to employ social distancing measures that would help protect people from coming in contact with individuals who may be contagious.”
This is a rapidly evolving situation, and the state health department is asking people to be alert for changes in its guidance as it learns more, available on the department Web site at http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/.

Devaclis
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I have a slight fever, an upset stomach and my throat hurts :( Seriously.

MetaLord 9
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:41 PM
I have a slight LISP, an upset WIFE and my BUTT hurts :( Seriously.
fixed.

srsly. feel better. do it.

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I have a slight fever, an upset stomach and my throat hurts :( Seriously.
Sounds like sheep flu to me. Dana, I've told you countless times to leave those sheep alone! Particularly since the only cure is a sledgehammer to the forehead.... tsk tsk

Devaclis
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:43 PM
But they flirt with me. And they feel soooo guuuuuuud.

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:45 PM
It is unfortunate that I cannot "unread" that...lol

MetaLord 9
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Someone needs to stop listening to "Petting Zoo..."

Devaclis
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Are you hobophobic?

dirkterrell
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:51 PM

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/sheep.gif

Dirk

Nick_Ninja
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:53 PM
SHEEPFUCKERFTMFL :down:

Snowman
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:53 PM
BBQ ALL YOUR PIGS NOW, BEFORE WE ALL DIE!!!!

SOMEONE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, START MAKING CORNBREAD!!!!

inkahootz
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:54 PM
srsly! all you really need to do is apply some of that special oinkment and it will be gone -- HAHAHAHAHA

Sully
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:56 PM
^^^^ :spit:... omgz!!

Pandora-11
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:58 PM
http://www.dragonbbs.com/members/ww1912/cdf-sheep.jpg

MetaLord 9
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:59 PM
srsly! all you really need to do is apply some of that special oinkment and it will be gone -- HAHAHAHAHA
That joke was so bad it gave me cancer. again.

MetaLord 9
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:59 PM
http://www.dragonbbs.com/members/ww1912/cdf-sheep.jpg

Nick_Ninja
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Eat right! Make sure you get your daily dose of fruits and veggies.
Take your vitamins and bump up your vitamin c.
Get plenty of exercise because exercise helps build your immune system.

Walk for at least hour a day, go for a swim, take the stairs instead of the elevator, etc.
Wash your hands often. If you can’t wash them, keep a bottle of antibacterial stuff around.
Wear a mask when out in public places and avoid going out in public as much as possible while the swine flu is spreading.
Get lots of fresh air. Open windows whenever possible. Get plenty of rest. Try to eliminate as much stress from your life as you can.

OR ….

You can take the doctor’s office approach. Think about it, when you go
for a shot, what do they do first? Clean your arm with alcohol.. Why? Because
alcohol kills germs. So…… I put on my mask, walk to the liquor store (exercise),
I put lime in my Corona (fruit), celery in my Bloody Mary (veggies), drink on the bar patio (fresh air),
get drunk, tell jokes, and laugh (eliminate stress) and then pass out (rest).
The way I see it, if you keep your alcohol levels up flu germs can’t get you!!!!

Devaclis
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:02 PM
I am heading to the Toad at 5:00 for my doctors visit.

Snowman
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Eat right! Make sure you get your daily dose of fruits and veggies.
Take your vitamins and bump up your vitamin c.

Walk for at least hour a day, go for a swim, take the stairs instead of the elevator, etc.
Wash your hands often. If you can’t wash them, keep a bottle of antibacterial stuff around.
Wear a mask when out in public places and avoid going out in public as much as possible while the swine flu is spreading.
Get lots of fresh air. Open windows whenever possible. Get plenty of rest. Try to eliminate as much stress from your life as you can.

OR ….

You can take the doctor’s office approach. Think about it, when you go
for a shot, what do they do first? Clean your arm with alcohol.. Why? Because
alcohol kills germs. So…… I put on my mask, walk to the liquor store (exercise),
I put lime in my Corona (fruit), celery in my Bloody Mary (veggies), drink on the bar patio (fresh air),
get drunk, tell jokes, and laugh (eliminate stress) and then pass out (rest).
The way I see it, if you keep your alcohol levels up flu germs can’t get you!!!!
THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

INGREDIENTS
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup milk
Add to Recipe Box
My folders:

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix together corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add egg, oil and milk; stir gently to combine. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Kern Bread :drool: & BBQFTMFW!!!!!!

Gregger
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:06 PM
I hope this turns into Zombie Pig Flu. I have some great anti-zombie idea's!

The zombies are eaaaaaaaaatin' mah braaaaaaaaains!

Snowman
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I think we should be water boarding these swine with marinade…
I’m sure we could make them squeal about their biological warfare plans.

Pandora-11
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:11 PM
flickr.com/photos/easternjourney/985611946/ (http://flickr.com/photos/easternjourney/985611946/)

Devaclis
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:41 PM
http://doihaveswineflu.org/

willb003
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:59 PM
HAHA all I know is if pigs turn into zombies ill prolly turn into one as well after I eat my bacon!

wankel7
Fri May 1st, 2009, 12:38 AM
I want swine flu to end so the media will stfu about it !

Chan 7 has your daily swine flu fact. WTF!

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri May 1st, 2009, 07:59 AM
Hehehe...yes, the media is certainly adding to the frenzy - but there IS at least one positive coming from it. A large contributor to the spread of any illness is someone either not recognizing they are ill (usually not the case in influenza) or knowing they are, and still insisting on or being forced to work and contaminate their communities.
When you have all the hoopla that the media is egging on, more folks are going to be convinced that they should stay home and employers are recognizing that this is the appropriate thing to do!

Gainer
Fri May 1st, 2009, 02:10 PM
Mmmmmm....Swine!!!!!!

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=26&pictureid=373

Gregger
Fri May 1st, 2009, 02:27 PM
Mmmm... Bacon!

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt345/gmoore34/bak47.jpg

rforsythe
Fri May 1st, 2009, 02:35 PM
One good point a bunch of trauma surgeons are debating on an email list I belong to, is that it might be *good* to get infected with this thing. It's not really any worse symptom-wise than other flu's we all get normally, and might aid the body in building up that immune response to whatever it will inevitably morph into this fall.

Horsman
Fri May 1st, 2009, 02:38 PM
Prevent Swine Flu
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/swine.jpg

Horsman
Fri May 1st, 2009, 02:43 PM
THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

INGREDIENTS
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup milk
Add to Recipe Box
My folders:

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix together corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add egg, oil and milk; stir gently to combine. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.

MADE SOME!!!! I feel better already!!!!
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/pancakes.jpg

rforsythe
Fri May 1st, 2009, 02:45 PM
I think this pretty much explains it all...

http://xkcd.org/574/

Horsman
Fri May 1st, 2009, 03:19 PM
My Company just sent out a company scare - You get it, You go Home!!!

wankel7
Fri May 1st, 2009, 06:03 PM
On the bright side I am sure a lot of people are washing their hands more and staying cleaner. That can only be good!

Maybe, next time I am in the bathroom and some dude doesn't wash his hands I will just scream "WASH THE SWINE FLU OFF MAN WASH YOUR HANDS!" And then don mask:)

rforsythe
Fri May 1st, 2009, 07:02 PM
On the bright side I am sure a lot of people are washing their hands more and staying cleaner. That can only be good!

Actually it can be a bad thing. If you reduce your exposure to "the real world", your immune system is less prepared to handle things. Bodily exposure to bacteria and viruses, and even getting a cold or the flu once in a while, is a good thing for you in the long run.

TFOGGuys
Sat May 2nd, 2009, 08:39 AM
Prevent Swine Flu
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/swine.jpg

I believe you have located "Patient Zero"....

Gregger
Sat May 2nd, 2009, 03:10 PM

That's the blondest messican I've ever seen.

Pandora-11
Mon May 4th, 2009, 07:38 PM
My daughter called from CU. She said three students have been diagnosed with swine flu. Yikes....and during exam week. Can't get her home fast enough.

Horsman
Mon May 4th, 2009, 07:54 PM
This is the same kid that licks lead based painted battery terminals on mini bikes...

XJ600s
Mon May 4th, 2009, 07:59 PM
My daughter called from CU. She said three students have been diagnosed with swine flu. Yikes....and during exam week. Can't get her home fast enough.

Ha, its merely 3 POSSIBLE cases of pigflu. Only thing cancelled was the midnight breakfast in the UMC where they serve free breakfast (including pigbacon, i mean pigflubacon) to students studying, supposed to have been in 4 hours. Final exams and graduation will continue unless there is a large number of people infected, which is a possibility for the dorm residents (last year I think it was that the measles broke out, or something crazy like that).

They are giving us extra precautions and to wash our hands. It does disgust me the number of guys I see on campus that take a piss and then NOT wash their hands...I mean this is just basic hygiene.

I'm with everyone else and so sick of hearing about it. First bird flu, now pig flu, whats next, lizardflu? Kangaroofloo? Girafflu? Hippopotomousickness?

Pandora-11
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Ha, its merely 3 POSSIBLE cases of pigflu. Only thing cancelled was the midnight breakfast in the UMC where they serve free breakfast (including pigbacon, i mean pigflubacon) to students studying, supposed to have been in 4 hours. Final exams and graduation will continue unless there is a large number of people infected, which is a possibility for the dorm residents (last year I think it was that the measles broke out, or something crazy like that).

They are giving us extra precautions and to wash our hands. It does disgust me the number of guys I see on campus that take a piss and then NOT wash their hands...I mean this is just basic hygiene.

I'm with everyone else and so sick of hearing about it. First bird flu, now pig flu, whats next, lizardflu? Kangaroofloo? Girafflu? Hippopotomousickness?

Thankfully she isn't in the dorms. She said they did a tornado-like warning siren in her condo. Coming home on Friday!:bananna:

XJ600s
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Thankfully she isn't in the dorms. She said they did a tornado-like warning siren in her condo. Coming home on Friday!:bananna:

HAHA, growing up in Kansas, I heard that while in my apartment studying for my last final EVER, and immediately went outside to see what color the sky was...it wasn't green. I then remembered I don't live in Kansas anymore and don't have to worry about tornado sirens/warnings/watches.

Snowman
Tue May 5th, 2009, 08:19 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20090501/i/r4272765578.jpg

Who knows bacon better!!!

MetaLord 9
Tue May 5th, 2009, 08:24 AM
K, now the paranoia has hit the office. Got an informative email a couple days ago on the swine flu and IT has spent the last several days upgrading our network so that people can work from home in the emergency event of a swine flu pandemic...
:jerkoff: