PDA

View Full Version : need some small jobs done? I'm you're guy.

rybo
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 11:57 AM
so, I'm unemployed and looking for some small ways to make ends meet over the next few weeks. If you have some work that needs done that you aren't getting to, I'd be happy to help you out.

I have a large variety of skills and can do any of the following:

Motorcycle maintenance
light plumbing
carpentry
light electrical
vehicle maintenance
power equipment maintenance

I can also transport your bike to and from my garage in an enclosed trailer for a reasonable fee.

In recent weeks I've installed a couple water heaters for members here and built an addition to a deck. I've also done plenty of motorcycle related tasks for folks here over the years, everything from cleaning out carbs, to valves to installing exhaust systems and race prepping bikes. I'd be happy to provide references if needed.

Let me know what you need done...

Scott

~Barn~
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:03 PM
I might be in touch, Scott. We have a single bay-garage at our place, and I've been wanting to put in an overhanging, bay-wide, shelf. Something where I can put some seasonal stuff: ski equipment, bicycles, etc.

I have the vision in my head, it's just the execution that I'm not sure about. =)

rybo
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:18 PM
yup... I can do that for you Barn, just let me know.

s

TurboGizzmo
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Cement work? I was looking for someone to fix part of my sidewalk...much rather the cash go to someone i "know"

Pandora-11
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Would it be worth it to travel to the Springs for plumbing replacement and fixing a pulldown scroll breadbox thingy that's part of the kitchen cabinetry?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:36 PM
so, I'm unemployed and looking for some small ways to make ends meet over the next few weeks. If you have some work that needs done that you aren't getting to, I'd be happy to help you out.

Motorcycle maintenance
light plumbing
carpentry
light electrical
vehicle maintenance

I can also transport your bike to and from my garage in an enclosed trailer for a reasonable fee.

In recent weeks I've installed a couple water heaters for members here and built an addition to a deck. I've also done plenty of motorcycle related tasks for folks here over the years, everything from cleaning out carbs, to valves to installing exhaust systems and race prepping bikes. I'd be happy to provide references if needed.

Let me know what you need done...

Scott
Sorry to hear it man, it's pretty brutal out there, I've had no real luck either.

Hope you and your family are all doing well.:)

dm_gsxr
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:44 PM
We're moving in a couple of weeks. What are your rates on manual labor? :)

Carl

Tipys
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 12:51 PM
50 cents lol

Jmetz
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I might have some work for ya if you're down. I have a rockbed in the front and one that goes around the back yard, that need to be cleaned out. All the rocks dug up cleaned out and put back. Let me know if you're interested and what you'd charge.

bulldog
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 01:18 PM
How are your automotive skills? I have a pair of headers that need to be installed on my car. It is a fwd V6 though, so one of the headers is a bitch to get to unless you know what you are doing and have the right tools. I do have a torque wrench and an electric impact wrench that will make is easier, but I tried and it seemed a little over my head and would rather someoen install them that has more experience.

McVaaahhh
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 01:21 PM
I might have some work for ya if you're down. I have a rockbed in the front and one that goes around the back yard, that need to be cleaned out. All the rocks dug up cleaned out and put back. Let me know if you're interested and what you'd charge.

From experience. Just get a roll off and toss all the rocks and replace them with new. The amount of work to clean all that rock is not worth the couple hundred dollars to replace them with new.

MetaLord 9
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:09 PM

Motorcycle maintenance
light plumbing
carpentry
light electrical
vehicle maintenance

You forgot "Sex Machine"

Sorry to hear about the job tho, Scott :(

Jmetz
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 02:16 PM
From experience. Just get a roll off and toss all the rocks and replace them with new. The amount of work to clean all that rock is not worth the couple hundred dollars to replace them with new.

Right on. Maybe I should dump the rock and put in that bark crap?

Gregger
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Rybo-

I need some more outlets put in my garage... How are you on electrical wiring?

Sortarican
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Kudos on Scott's motorcycle work.
Any of you who don't have the time. tools, or skills to do your own can't do much better than Scott.

Yo Scott, I don't have the finances to hire out for any of the projects I have pending,
but if you get a large job and need a second set of hands and tools let me know.
If the timing works with my slacking-off schedule I'd be happy to help you out even if it just pays gas and beer. (Or maybe track time in exchange?)
About time I helped pay you back for being the official Saint of the CSC.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Kudos on Scott's motorcycle work.
Any of you who don't have the time. tools, or skills to do your own can't do much better than Scott.

Yo Scott, I don't have the finances to hire out for any of the projects I have pending,
but if you get a large job and need a second set of hands and tools let me know.
If the timing works with my slacking-off schedule I'd be happy to help you out even if it just pays gas and beer. (Or maybe track time in exchange?)
About time I helped pay you back for being the official Saint of the CSC.

You will be blessed for doing such a selfless act. :D

McVaaahhh
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Right on. Maybe I should dump the rock and put in that bark crap?

Personal preference I guess. I don't really like the bark so I pulled it out of my yard and replaced with rock.

I tried cleaning 10 tons of river rock and then even paid some college kids to do it. In the end I paid those kids as much to clean the rock as it would've cost me to replace it with new (~$35/ton). Seems simple, but it's a ton of work.

Price it out though, I'm not sure what roll-offs really cost or the delivery for a lot of rock. Depends on how much you need.

I bought my rock from Santa Fe Sand and Gravel. They've always got 10% off coupons floating around.

Sortarican
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:26 PM
You will be blessed for doing such a selfless act. :D

What can I say, he was the first guy to PM when I lost my job and offer me some work if I needed it.
Hardly a person active in the CSC who Scott hasn't helped out at one time or another.
(That RYBO guy on the other hand....)

rybo
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I'll respond to you all by PM as well, but wanted to post this up here so that people could get some idea of my general skills.

Cement work? I was looking for someone to fix part of my sidewalk...much rather the cash go to someone i "know"

Depends on how big a spot it is. My concrete skills are limited, so if it's a small patch that would be done with quickcrete or the likes, then I could help you out. If it's much larger than that you'd rather have a pro do it.

Would it be worth it to travel to the Springs for plumbing replacement and fixing a pulldown scroll breadbox thingy that's part of the kitchen cabinetry?

Depends on how much plumbing you need done. I can probably save you money if you need a water heater or water softener replaced, but not if you need some faucets replaced and the likes.

We're moving in a couple of weeks. What are your rates on manual labor? :)

Carl

Carl,

Let me know the dates. If you just need some help moving heavy stuff you know that I'll be there. No need to pay me for that.

I might be with Brian on this one. I don't want to be a snob, but I'm probably charging in the $25 an hour range minimum for work.

How are your automotive skills? I have a pair of headers that need to be installed on my car. It is a fwd V6 though, so one of the headers is a bitch to get to unless you know what you are doing and have the right tools. I do have a torque wrench and an electric impact wrench that will make is easier, but I tried and it seemed a little over my head and would rather someoen install them that has more experience.

My automotive skills are pretty good. What kind of car is it?

Rybo-

I need some more outlets put in my garage... How are you on electrical wiring?

I actually have an electrician friend who is also out of work (got laid off from the same place I did). If you would like I'd be happy to pass his name and number on to you.

Gregger
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Ry- That'd be great! I need to put some extra outlets in.

sugarrey
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 04:29 PM
How about sanding and fixing plastic bodywork on my R1? Any paint work?

Also have a 86 honda accord that I need a muffler and alternator put in. Let me know...

Im out of work too!!! It SUX!!!

TurboGizzmo
Fri May 1st, 2009, 11:30 AM
Ok so I will pass on the concert, plus its rainy right now.....BUT I just acquired a 95 Honda Del Sol and it needs a brake master cylinder replaced and a squeaky belt tightened and/or replaced......

dm_gsxr
Fri May 1st, 2009, 11:38 AM
Carl,

Let me know the dates. If you just need some help moving heavy stuff you know that I'll be there. No need to pay me for that.

I'm going to be grabbing whomever I can as Rita has a weak back and I don't want to exacerbate it. So she'll clipboard stuff and we get to schlep it where she tells us it goes :)

Having someone else help with 4 Smartbox crates and a truck would be great.

We're finishing packing up next weekend and unpacking the following weekend (the 16th).

You (and any other volunteers) are welcome to come help. There'll be donuts and bagels for the morning and pizza and drinks (beer, diet coke) for lunch.

Carl

Matrix
Fri May 1st, 2009, 11:49 AM
PM sent.

Slo
Fri May 1st, 2009, 11:54 AM
Damn Scott, I will definitely let you know, you have always been there to help all of us out.....me included.

Nick_Ninja
Fri May 1st, 2009, 11:59 AM
I might have a painting gig. I'll know more in a few days.

Jmetz
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 05:53 PM
Don't suppose you know how to do fiberglass and gelcoat work?

bennice
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 07:05 PM
PM sent.