PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle parts stores

Captain Obvious
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I need to get a new hose and clamps for my clutch to connect the resevoir and the lever. I have no found the right size clamps at an auto parts store and don't want to wait for 2 weeks for a dealer to over charge me. Auto parts only have the hose clamps that screw down, and I would rather have the standard pressure clamps like original.

What shops in COS carry bits and pieces like this? Only shops I know of are Jackal and Wheel Works.

Devaclis
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Rocky Mountain Cycles?

Tipys
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Twisted Throttle Rylon the owner may know where to get something like that 719-573-7346 shop
719-648-6084 cell

Also I wouldnt rule out the screw type ones even if you ordered it from the dealer it is likley thats what they will send you being that is what they are putting on their bikes now.

McVaaahhh
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Ace hardware might be a place to look.

rybo
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 04:52 PM
I need to get a new hose and clamps for my clutch to connect the resevoir and the lever. I have no found the right size clamps at an auto parts store and don't want to wait for 2 weeks for a dealer to over charge me. Auto parts only have the hose clamps that screw down, and I would rather have the standard pressure clamps like original.

What shops in COS carry bits and pieces like this? Only shops I know of are Jackal and Wheel Works.

There is almost no pressure between the resrvoir and the master cylinder. You can go to Ace and find spring clamps there or use zip ties on both ends. I've done both with good luck.

s

brennahm
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 04:54 PM
FYI, pressure clamps are only used because they're cheap. If you can find a screw type made for size of your hose I would DEFINITELY recommend it. On the other hand, RYBO's right about there not being any real pressure there.

kevplus2
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 10:32 PM
if the hose fits tight...zip ties

otherwise look for the small fram fuel filters at checker. they are only a couple bucks and come with small clamps like you are looking for

The_Jackel
Fri May 1st, 2009, 08:53 AM
Yes we carry several types, but checker auto parts has an assortment with the correct size hose clamp you will need. You can only buy the assortment but its def worth it and I think its 5 or 6 bucks. Hope that helps.

Brat
Fri May 1st, 2009, 10:07 PM
for the tl? hell i might have some in my garage in my spare parts. i ll check tomarrow eh.