PDA

View Full Version : Pueblo Track Conditions - Updated

Anonymous
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Mike (RSVR4aCowboy) just called from Pueblo and said that conditions are pretty bad. The track has a lot of dirt on it, and there are some oil spills that haven't been properly cleaned up. Turns 1 through 4 are okay, but 5 through 9 are pretty bad, and 10 (coming onto the front straight) is so bad that you have to just coast through it.

It's so bad that almost everybody there today is turning 2:00 lap times. :shock:

Update as of 3:10 PM: The track heated up & cleaned up pretty well, with the exception of turn 5 (which still has an oil streak running through the middle of it) and turn 10 (coming on to the front straight).

Hoopty
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Hmmmm Gene, you still want to hit it up? We could always do SCR instead... :D :lol:

ebazyl
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Pueblo track officials: :slap:

ebazyl
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 12:21 PM
I dunno, sounds like Pueblo is out. How about La Juanta?

Hoopty
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 12:31 PM
I really don't have the time for a 6-hour R/T drive tomorrow. :|

ebazyl
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 12:45 PM
I bet I can make it 5. :D

Either way, I guess Second Creek sounds good. :( I hope they will split up the cars and bikes.

Feathered upstart!
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 12:53 PM
2:00 is twice as fast as my best time!! :shock:

Hoopty
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Either that, or I hope it's so slow that they don't need to split it up! :D

ebazyl
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 12:59 PM
2:00 is twice as fast as my best time!! :shock:

:idea: Where you on a pocket bike?...Got to start somewhere. :D

ebazyl
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Either that, or I hope it's so slow that they don't need to split it up! :D

Man, cars scare me big time. I guess I will need to bring the granny panties.

Hoopty
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 01:42 PM
We'll just have to deflate their tires when they aren't looking. :D

ebazyl
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Hoopty, you are now incharge of covert ops for 4HR. :guns:

Hoopty
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 01:49 PM
:sniper: I'm all about the covert ops. :twisted:

Anonymous
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Update as of 3:10 PM: The track heated up & cleaned up pretty well, with the exception of turn 5 (which still has an oil streak running through the middle of it) and turn 10 (coming on to the front straight).

ebazyl
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 04:29 PM
:? So what times where they ruuning?

Anonymous
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Oh, probably still 2:00. :lol:

FZRguy
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 05:03 PM
It's so bad that almost everybody there today is turning 2:00 lap times. :shock:

Did they have to pay or was it free?

Lel
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Just got home from pueblo, we did have to pay 45 still

The track did clean up pretty well in turn 8 (the crossover turn) as well as 10 started to get a little better.

The uphill compression turn through the buttonhook there was oil all over! The compression turn (5) had oil that was shinny and everything, very slick, and the double blind rights, well if you actually tried to push out and get on the gas, you would slide at the top. the button hook had a little pool that was almost right on the line . None of this cleaned up much at all by the end of the day. It was starting to lose its shine a bit, but was still there in full slippeness.

Turn 9 was OK as long as you didnt come in to hot, LOTS of crap on the outside, and if you got on the gas hard it was a little slick (not bad though)

Turn 10 was an ice skating rink, it felt like I had more traction on the metal from the xmas tree then I did on the turn itself. You would basically coast through there, or just motard cross up through there.

It kinda sucked, but was still somewhat fun (when isnt riding fun) I was turning 43's and 44's, so it was ok to push on a bit, but you could not do anything from 5-7 or get a drive on to the straight from 10. (we started the days around 50's and was scary as hell)

My thoughts of the day :P

lel

ebazyl
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 05:27 PM
:up: Good update, thanks Jason!

Polar X
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 06:00 PM
PROOF that ignorance is bliss :P cause I did not know any better. I had more fun than should be legal. I really cant say it any better :D First time on a track was a fucken blast.

Nice to meet you guys and I WILL be back. :guns: :twisted:

~Barn~
Fri Feb 4th, 2005, 06:54 PM
I didn't crash. That was pretty swell.

And I'm with Polar... I too had fun, but I could tell that this track has a lot more to offer when you're not worried about losing traction in 60 percent of the turns.

Eitherway, I am still slow as all getout, but I've spent $45 in worse ways. See ya'll at the next one!