PDA

View Full Version : Last minute ride Sun May 3rd

k_smittay
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 09:18 AM
Anybody interested in a last minute ride today? The weather seems to be clearing up and the bike is sick of sitting in the garage. I was thinking maybe a quick roll through the canyons and down to Gibby's sportsbar in Aurora to watch some MotoGP if anyone is down. Maybe 11ish??

720-261-8893

-Kevin

chad23
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 09:32 AM
I would but really dont feel like riding to Gibbys

RCStylin'
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 09:34 AM
I might be up for shortish ride.

k_smittay
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 09:37 AM
Are there any places closer that show MotoGP? I am pretty new to colorado.. so still learning the good spots to go. Race is on SPEED vision from 3-4:30...... so I would imagine any bar with a decent cable/satellite package would turn the race on.

mtnairlover
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 09:43 AM
I'm gonna hang out at home today. I don't know of any spots closer to the north area that show MotoGP. Someone's gonna have to investigate that one of these days. It would do us some good to have a meet-up spot for MotoGP Sundays closer to home.

You should check out the n00b ride on the 17th. We'll still meet up for that. Then there's the ride on the 24th that's been an on-going thing for the past almost 4 years.

Welcome to CO.:)

k_smittay
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 09:46 AM
I was thinking Buffalo Wild wings in Longmont. They have speed vision, and speed vision has MotoGP. So it is a win-win.

willb003
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 09:48 AM
I guess im down

mtnairlover
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 09:50 AM
Yep...sounds like a good place to meet up. Make sure to post the location of BWW (http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=buffalo+wild+wings+longmont&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,7491070960664194683&ei=u7z9SfTzN5fqtQPIteHrAQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1). Being on the southwest side of Longmont is a good location.

k_smittay
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 09:54 AM
Allright so it is settled.... if anyone is down.. and I am sure people are. Lets meet at Buffalo Wild wings in longmont at 1pm. We can do an easy ride through the hills and head back to BWW to watch the racing at 3pm. Everyone is welcome and it is going to be a real easy ride.

2303 Clover Basin Dr
Longmont, CO 80503
(303) 485-9464

My cell 720-261-8893

-Kevin

Stank Juic3
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 10:25 AM
I thought it was going to rain?

mtnairlover
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 10:28 AM
Forecast is for a chance of isolated showers...so, there may be showers and if there are showers, they won't be all over the front range. At least that's what one weather station says.

It's sunny up here in Loveland, for now.

Stank Juic3
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 10:33 AM
Same here, sunny for the time being. I'll probably just chill home today! It supposed to be 70+ degrees after tues all next week.

I was looking forward to that noob ride though. My GF wanted to go. When did it get resched?

XJ600s
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 10:34 AM
Well I think a 1pm ride will be a little late in the afternoon for me, stoopid finals! I thought the 28th and Baseline ride this morning was canceled because when I went to bed last night at 11 it was pouring rain. When I woke up, it was bright, sunny and dry.

mtnairlover
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
Same here, sunny for the time being. I'll probably just chill home today! It supposed to be 70+ degrees after tues all next week.

I was looking forward to that noob ride though. My GF wanted to go. When did it get resched?

McVaaahhh posted up in the main n00b thread on Friday and rescheduled for the 17th. So, it's still happening, but in 2 weeks.

I keep looking at the long range forecast, too. It goes out 10 days and next weekend is looking really nice. I think my kids will be wanting me to stick around on Mother's Day, but I'm gonna try to find a few peeps to ride with on Saturday. I know, the long range isn't that trust-worthy, but yeah, the rest of this week is looking amazing.

Check out the Memorial Day ride that is actually on Sunday the 24th as well. It's a good time and a great way to meet other riders.

k_smittay
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 10:41 AM
So no one planning on riding today? I would hate to sit there by myself.

mtnairlover
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 10:44 AM
I won't be there, either...sorry Kevin. But, don't give up hope. We need to have a north'ish meetin spot for MotoGP and I'm not averse to meeting up in Longmont after a ride. I just am kind of busy the next few weeks. I'll bug ya if you don't post up more reminders in the weeks to come, though. So, please don't not go just cuz no one has posted up a confirmation. Go and let us know what the BWW is like and how amenable they are to letting you watch the races.

willb003
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 10:50 AM
im still down for riding

k_smittay
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 11:02 AM
im still down for riding

Sweet, well I will be there. Hopefully others get off their couches and jump on the bikes.

MattTLS
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 11:02 AM
I could handle gettin' out of the house -- I'll be there.

Ol'Skool
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 11:03 AM
Its warming up a little but those clouds are building on the foothills. Take some rainsuits or cold weather gear just in case. be safe.
I'm gonna wait for the noobie ride.

RCStylin'
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 11:24 AM
Longmont is a little too south for me today in this weather. If it was 70+ I'd be in for sure. Have fun.

Zach929rr
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Might join.

Stank Juic3
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 11:39 AM
McVaaahhh posted up in the main n00b thread on Friday and rescheduled for the 17th. So, it's still happening, but in 2 weeks.

I keep looking at the long range forecast, too. It goes out 10 days and next weekend is looking really nice. I think my kids will be wanting me to stick around on Mother's Day, but I'm gonna try to find a few peeps to ride with on Saturday. I know, the long range isn't that trust-worthy, but yeah, the rest of this week is looking amazing.

Check out the Memorial Day ride that is actually on Sunday the 24th as well. It's a good time and a great way to meet other riders.

Im going to HPR sat and sun to see if I can be one of those corner marshalls. And Sun 24th, I'll be at bandimere for the Victory Motorcycle Challenge (http://www.bandimere.com/events/event_detail.php?eventID=365&dTargetDate=05/01/2009).

But there will be plenty of more rides and events. Next time we do a ride i'll bring my GF. She finally started riding this year.

Think
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 02:16 PM
A bit chilly to ride today, but tomorrow is supposed to be nice.

Zach929rr
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 05:37 PM
Nice ride. I'm happy we didn't hit any rain really.

willb003
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 05:58 PM
That was a good ride, I was not cold at all, nice to meet you guys here some pics pm me if you want full res.

uwona
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 06:36 PM
Were did y'all ride to? I was out all by my lonesome :cry: I thought my fingers were going to fall off because they were frozen. I was out on 7 at about 12ish passed through Nederland about 1ish caught a few sprinkles. I finally warmed up on Golden Gate. I took it nice and :turtle:, so I wouldn't wind up sittin in a ditch for days!

asp_125
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 06:48 PM
I rode down to Golden at 9 this morning for a brunch date and then went up 6, around old Hwy 40 and over to Evergreen, and back down Bear Creek Cyn. Not cold at all. Then I even did some bike cleaning, chain maintenance and went back out to bed in my new brake pads. Just managed to get hit by a random shower just now, a little damp, there goes my clean bike. Full day.. even caught the last 10 laps of MotoGP at Jerez. :up:

uwona
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 06:56 PM
I rode down to Golden at 9 this morning for a brunch date and then went up 6, around old Hwy 40 and over to Evergreen, and back down Bear Creek Cyn. Not cold at all. Then I even did some bike cleaning, chain maintenance and went back out to bed in my new brake pads. Just managed to get hit by a random shower just now, a little damp, there goes my clean bike. Full day.. even caught the last 10 laps of MotoGP at Jerez. :up:

Dang I need some of those "get your butt in gear" kinda drugs...Who is your dealer? I figured more people would have been out. I thought Colorado people were hard core...not afraid of the weather :slappers:

mtnairlover
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 07:19 PM
Looks like the guys rode around Horsetooth Res. Nice pix. Yeah, CO peeps are hard core...check out ADVRider and you'll find lots there too.

chad23
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 07:47 PM
saw you guys at taft and 402 heading south and was so wishing i was riding. catch you next time around

Zach929rr
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah we went round the lakes to Horsetooth. First time I've been up there. It was awesome (!) and weather was cooperating all day. Only caught a few sprinkles here and there.

mtnairlover
Mon May 4th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Yep, riding around the lakes that skirt along the foothills up in our direction when the weather is iffy is a good second choice to the canyons, especially when you're itching to ride.:crazy: Been there, done that.

I'm looking forward to the sunshine the rest of this week. Gonna be hard to contain the itches...:hump:

bc_500r
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Glad you guys had a good ride, looks like its supposed to be 70 today, anyone possibly down for a ride today around fort collins area?

OUTLAWD
Mon May 4th, 2009, 11:31 AM
I wish I could man...its end of the semester crunch time...making up all the work I didn't do all semester...you would think after 2 degrees and 5 years of school I'd get my act together...but no :banghead:

Its supposed to be beautiful the rest of the week though...so keep your fingers crossed

mistykz
Mon May 4th, 2009, 11:35 AM
figures the weather is beautiful all week, right before finals.

FortitudoX
Mon May 4th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Bah yah wimps, it was a beautiful day! My first time around horsetooth as well, great run. Nice pics too thanks for posting! Catch yah guys next next time.

BeoBe
Mon May 4th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Are there any places closer that show MotoGP? I am pretty new to colorado.. so still learning the good spots to go. Race is on SPEED vision from 3-4:30...... so I would imagine any bar with a decent cable/satellite package would turn the race on.

I know im late on this one and all but you could check out of bounds in loveland (Off 287 and 29th in the king soopers parking lot close to mcdonalds), if no big games or anything are going on they are usually really cool at turning the channel to speed..

I think also BWW (Buffalo Wild Wings) will put on the speed channel if no other big games are going on that are like baseball and stuff.. y ou can even call and check it out before hand..

I dont know longmont so i couldn't tell you anything for that area.

ps whoevers yellow suzuki that is looks pretty good

Zach929rr
Mon May 4th, 2009, 05:01 PM
The Zuk is Kevin's. There were 3 twins there.... it sounded so tasty riding down the street. We did manage to get BWW to change over a big screen for us.

mopoet178
Mon May 4th, 2009, 05:20 PM
it sounded so tasty riding down the street.

Thanks! It might help to not have a mufler :dunno:

It was a very nice day, a little warm for double flannel lined carhartts. I had never been around the lakes, and I must say that is was a most gorgeous ride!

-Marsh (naked FZR600)

BeoBe
Tue May 5th, 2009, 08:00 AM
We did manage to get BWW to change over a big screen for us.

Nice... yea i knew BWW is usually pretty cool as long as they arent packed or a big game is on already.. Hope one of these days i can catch one of the rides