PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes, no news...

King Nothing
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 10:47 PM
is good news. Yesterday we got a letter from the county assessor telling us the value of our house dropped $28,000 from last year. On a house that was only "worth" around $180,000 last year, that's significant. I'm almost afraid to know what other people are going to post up with regards to their property values.

Nick_Ninja
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 10:52 PM
Dropping in value means your property tax should also. It still is a better investment than a Chrysler.

Pandora-11
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 10:55 PM
Ours is up $30,000...really surprised since the home values for resale have taken such hits.

Colorado Springs.

More of my money to El Paso County.

Kappa03
Sun May 3rd, 2009, 11:25 PM
My apartment stayed the same haha.

Shea
Mon May 4th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Dropping in value means your property tax should also. It still is a better investment than a Chrysler.

Theoretically yes. However, my value went down 49k and my taxes went up $20. Got to love "think of the children" levy increases...

Ray-Ray
Mon May 4th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Ours dropped $39,800 WTF??

Sully
Mon May 4th, 2009, 07:33 AM
I'm sure mine went down also.:banghead: My neighbor said she bought the model like mine somewhere around a year ago for something like 25-30K less than what I bought mine for. And to top it off, my property taxes went up $200+ .... SERIOUSLY... WTF !!! :wtf:

MetaLord 9
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:37 AM
My apartment stayed the same haha.
:imwithstupid:

Sorry to hear tho guys. That's not good news for anyone...

Kim-n-Dean
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:48 AM
We got our letter last week. Our house dropped $20,000, but taxes stayed the same.

They adjust the calculation method so when your value goes down, they can get the taxes back up with a new calculation. THIEVES!!!!!

Fortunately, we bought our house ten years ago and it's still worth way more than we paid!! The house was in foreclosure, divorce court, and had two liens on it. Took three months to close, but we got if for $50,000 less than it was worth back then.

asp_125
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Mine went down $34k. Damn..

bulldog
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Got my letter on Saturday and my house is down $11,400 from last year. This economy sucks :banghead:

Canuck
Mon May 4th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Denver says mine went up $54K. That is utter crap. I will be protesting to the county since the value increase was from '07-June of '08. Even then, values were tanking, so this tells me that the 'Gov-ment' is looking anywere for income.

sergio
Mon May 4th, 2009, 09:02 AM
My condo went down $25,000 in aurora. Luckily I bought it last year while it was in foreclosure for a little less than its current worth.

Horsman
Mon May 4th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Mine went down $40000 - $20000 on each house... Now I hope my Taxes takes a nose dive too!!!

Vance
Mon May 4th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Not to be the raincloud on everyone's overcast skies...

But I'm kind of hoping the downward slide continues for assessments - at least in the neighborhood I'm both in and the surrounding ones.

This will mean that hopefully come next spring / early summer when I'm finally able to buy a house again - values will be more in line to what they SHOULD be rather than the overinflated BS they have been the last couple of years.

It may not be true in a lot of neighborhoods up north in Westminister, Thornton, etc - but this one over here --- the houses are valued about $50-150,000 too high comparative to same quality of builder, sq ft, and lot size and such in any other Littleton-side Centennial or even (those few and far between) comparable Greenwood Village... just because... well... I have no valid idea why other than maybe the school / school district is phenominal.

Sorry... rant over...

Pandora-11
Mon May 4th, 2009, 09:34 AM
I want to hear from someone else in El Paso County.....anyone have a huge increase?

TurboGizzmo
Mon May 4th, 2009, 11:05 AM
My dumpy house went UP! It was always going down all these years before this economic downturn but now for some strange reason it went UP in value....I need to make a call and fight it.

BigE
Mon May 4th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Ours dropped $31,100.
What sucks is we bought this place and it was county, then the city annexed it which jumped the value like $50K (s'posedly) then it's been dropping in value the last couple years. We were looking at refinancing but with this...

Devaclis
Mon May 4th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I am working VERY hard on decreasing the property values of the homes around mine.

1. Invite over biker trash on a regular basis - Check
2. Have loud, late parties - Check
a. Ninja on the guest list - CHECK!
3. Stop growing grass in front yard - Check
4. Start growing weeds in front yard - Check
5. Wear jean shorts and no shirt whenever Real Estate Agents are showing homes near by - Check and Check.

Pandora-11
Mon May 4th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Everyone that I've spoken to here in El Paso went up. Do you suppose it's because we're a red county and we're being taxed more?http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Airreed
Mon May 4th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Zip Codes 80013 and 80015 were some of the worst property loss areas to top it off. I live in 80015 and have lost over 40K on my house I purchased 5 years ago...I want to buy into a larger home, but it's not practical at this time.

Horsman
Mon May 4th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I am working VERY hard on decreasing the property values of the homes around mine.

5. Wear jean shorts and no shirt whenever Real Estate Agents are showing homes near by - Check and Check.

I know you aren't calling me biker trash...
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/1454031202_59a042826c_o.jpg

Nick_Ninja
Mon May 4th, 2009, 02:02 PM

We just won't inform the county assessor about your guest list.

Shea
Mon May 4th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I know you aren't calling me biker trash...
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/1454031202_59a042826c_o.jpg

I know what you're going as for Halloween. Is that Carrie in the background there with the red hair?

Shea
Mon May 4th, 2009, 03:25 PM
We just won't inform the county assessor about your guest list.

Oh, don't worry they'll be able to hear :)

SaShWhO
Mon May 4th, 2009, 03:34 PM
-72k:crazy:
do I get a prize?

asp_125
Mon May 4th, 2009, 03:50 PM
It really only hurts if you're trying to sell. Otherwise it's still a buyers market.

Horsman
Mon May 4th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I know what you're going as for Halloween. Is that Carrie in the background there with the red hair?

LOL... Yup, Carrie - is a Redhead (don't let the blond hair fool you - fake Blond!!!) LOL

Mister BOYD
Mon May 4th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Foreclosures aside.. HERE'S AN IDEA!!! Tough it out in the house you have. The stupid people selling for way under what they bought for are probably the same retards that locked in their losses in the stock market. Generally speaking. Man.. I can't stand stupid people. Keep them as far away from you as you can and lookie here, they manage to screw things up for you anyway. I just lost another 10k on my "cozy" townhome in Littleton. That makes 3 years in a row that I've taken a hit of 10K or more. :scream1: (2 cents inserted)

Horsman
Mon May 4th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Everyone, I wouldn't worry too much about the Tax "Ass"essors numbers. Mister Boyd is correct... Hold on to your house(don't sell). Tax "Ass"essors has there own set of numbers for determining your house's value for tax purposes. That is not the same as the "Market Value". Let them lower the value (helps you with your taxes) but when it is all said and done it is the "CMA" that commands the true value. ;) Don't sweat it.

Devaclis
Mon May 4th, 2009, 04:14 PM
My Van, down by the river, is worth $34 more than it was this morning. I put $34 worth of gas in it.

Horsman
Mon May 4th, 2009, 04:25 PM
My Van, down by the river, is worth $34 more than it was this morning. I put $34 worth of gas in it.

You have a van??

Shea
Mon May 4th, 2009, 04:27 PM
You have a van??

It's where he goes to cry.

Horsman
Mon May 4th, 2009, 04:44 PM
It's where he goes to cry.
LOL

GixxerCarrie
Mon May 4th, 2009, 07:21 PM
LOL... Yup, Carrie - is a Redhead (don't let the blond hair fool you - fake Blond!!!) LOL

Dont make me put up more drunk pictures of you JOHN!:scream1:

I am a blond...(jus not quite as blond)

And I lost -19k in Parker here. :cry: You might have to take care of me now John. Nice photoshop pic of u tho!http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s168/naynay36532/Funny%20animals/animal-1-1.gif

Horsman
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Dont make me put up more drunk pictures of you JOHN!:scream1:

I am a blond...(jus not quite as blond)

And I lost -19k in Parker here. :cry: You might have to take care of me now John. Nice photoshop pic of u tho!http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s168/naynay36532/Funny%20animals/animal-1-1.gif

Carrie, WTF is with the Purple Hippo???
Hell, you are gonna have to take care of me (you are money)... I can only think of Les Grossmann in Tropical Thunder
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/tom.jpg
click to see the dance... You are the Playa with the Goodie Room
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KYERCo7X4M

GixxerCarrie
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Carrie, WTF is with the Purple Hippo???
Hell, you are gonna have to take care of me (you are money)... I can only think of Les Grossmann in Tropical Thunder

click to see the dance... You are the Playa with the Goodie Room

The purple hippo reminded me of you..lol!:drink::) and I thought it was funny!

Horsman
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:40 AM
The purple hippo reminded me of you..lol!:drink::) and I thought it was funny!

I have better moves than BARNEY!!! :scream1:

GixxerCarrie
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I have better moves than BARNEY!!! :scream1:

Yes you do! and thats not Barney!

Devaclis
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:50 AM
You should get a room.

A padded room

GixxerCarrie
Tue May 5th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Don't be jealousy Dana...you want to join!

Devaclis
Tue May 5th, 2009, 10:23 AM
I don't have enough salve to party with you guys.

Horsman
Tue May 5th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I don't have enough salve to party with you guys.
I promise not to play too rough for you... :mrt: