PDA

View Full Version : gas leak?

firefghtr
Thu Jul 3rd, 2003, 03:21 PM
My bike has a whisle coming out of the gas cap is this normal releaf or am i loosing gas? i only question this because i dont remember my honda's ever doing this.

Anonymous
Thu Jul 3rd, 2003, 03:50 PM
Do you smell/see any gas? If not you're probably ok, might just be pressure release.

Also I pm'd you about the stickers a couple times. Depending on what part of town you're in, we could probably hook up this weekend if you wanted to get some. Just let me know.

firefghtr
Fri Jul 4th, 2003, 09:41 AM
THats what i thought at first but the smell of the gas is so strong i wasn't sure if i was loosing gas by it vaporizing and pressure releasing. Sorry about the pm's they never showed up on my end for some reason. i have to work on sat till 4 in the afternoon and im off on sunday so just post what will be best.

Erratic
Fri Jul 4th, 2003, 01:33 PM
As far as my bike goes, if I have some gas in the tank and shake it I can hear the pressure releasing out of the cap. However I did have cracked fuel lines and it was leaking at the connection right by the carb., but gas never dropped on the ground so I didn't notice it for a while. I just smelled gas strongly.

firefghtr
Sat Jul 5th, 2003, 03:18 PM
thanks im going to take the bike apart this weekend and check it