PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't I think of that?

UglykidJoe
Mon May 4th, 2009, 01:16 PM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0430091jury1.html

Mizzybeff
Mon May 4th, 2009, 01:33 PM
WOW! :shocked: I mean really wow

brennahm
Mon May 4th, 2009, 01:37 PM
He needed his wife's help? Does he not know how to spell "dog's balls"???

Still, took some guts...

dchd1130
Mon May 4th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I got that in an email a couple days ago. Pretty funny, I wonder if its real.

willb003
Mon May 4th, 2009, 02:18 PM
its on the internet, it must be real!

milehicitygirl
Mon May 4th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Now THAT is funny !!

kawasakirob
Mon May 4th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Uncle Erik? Ha. God bless Montana.

Cars-R-Coffins
Mon May 4th, 2009, 02:41 PM
That's freaking AWESOME :rock:

Devaclis
Mon May 4th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Now THAT is funny !!

I like your avatar

milehicitygirl
Mon May 4th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I like your avatar

Thanks! That was my girl Skittles. . .RIP :cry:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon May 4th, 2009, 07:35 PM
If that's true, what a dumba$$. The judge shoulda thrown him in jail for contempt of court, surprised he didn't. And the idiot's wrong, your employer is REQUIRED to let you go to jury duty. The only out is if your company doesn't pay the difference in salary between your duty pay and regular pay, you MIGHT be able to claim financial hardship.

Honestly, I always WANTED to serve. I got in the pool in Cleveland for a week. I know usually only the dumbest 1% of the population are on the juries (look at the subhuman OJ jury), and I wanted to try and bring the level up.

brennahm
Mon May 4th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Some places, employers are only required to give you time off, not pay you for that time. That may be what he's referring to.

Mizzybeff
Mon May 4th, 2009, 11:24 PM
yes but if u r selected for the jury u get paid too.

Casper
Mon May 4th, 2009, 11:30 PM
yes but if u r selected for the jury u get paid too.

Technically, but I could easily beat jury pay when I was delivering pizzas a few years ago. The most I've ever heard of (a federal jury in a 30+ day trial) is $50/day.

Tipys
Mon May 4th, 2009, 11:34 PM
^^^ True. I tried avoiding Jury Duty. Lets just say in didn't work.

Mizzybeff
Tue May 5th, 2009, 08:20 AM
i recently got out of jury duty, but I had MAJOR personal reasons I couldn't go. I was supposed to serve in weld county 2 days after I left my husband and moved to El Paso county. At least they were nice about it.

Snowman
Tue May 5th, 2009, 08:59 AM
The only people prosecutors want in a jury are the types who watch Jerry Springer religiously. These people are emotional and generally have complete misconceptions of their place in the justice system. They want to see defendants punished no matter if they did the crime or not in order to make their lives seem more valid.

For the most part defense attorneys are not much better. They want someone who can be easily swayed into believing almost anything. The types that believe in government conspiracies like we never really went to the moon and 9/11 was a Bush administration plot to go to war. If they are already suspicious of things like the government, then it makes their job easier.

So if you want to avoid jury duty, just come off like a normal person with half a brain and you will never be allowed to serve on one, ever.

MetaLord 9
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:10 AM
The only people prosecutors want in a jury are the types who watch Jerry Springer religiously. These people are emotional and generally have complete misconceptions of their place in the justice system. They want to see defendants punished no matter if they did the crime or not in order to make their lives seem more valid.

For the most part defense attorneys are not much better. They want someone who can be easily swayed into believing almost anything. The types that believe in government conspiracies like we never really went to the moon and 9/11 was a Bush administration plot to go to war. If they are already suspicious of things like the government, then it makes their job easier.
so, basically, they want Shea? :D :D :D

TFOGGuys
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:24 AM
...your employer is REQUIRED to let you go to jury duty. ...

Unless you're self employed. Then you are thoroughly S.O.L. I figure the last time I had to report for jury duty cost me upwards of $300, and I didn't even serve, just sat on my ass at the courthouse for most of a day waiting to be called into voi dire (http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Voi+dire).

Tipys
Tue May 5th, 2009, 02:26 PM
i recently got out of jury duty, but I had MAJOR personal reasons I couldn't go. I was supposed to serve in weld county 2 days after I left my husband and moved to El Paso county. At least they were nice about it.

I am shocked with that happening in Weld County:shocked:

Jason ON
Tue May 5th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Was called for jury duty twice. The first time I got picked to serve and the case was a mistrial within the first 5 min. The second time they dismissed me.

But I saw this on the news a couple of days ago. Ha ha ha ...

0BEER:30
Tue May 5th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Usually if you say that you're for the death penalty they will dismiss you. They don't want strong opinionated people on the jury. They want a balance minded person that doesn't already have their mind set on guilty before they hear the case. (has worked for me x2)

and yes I am for the death penalty so Im not lying in court! :alien:

MetaLord 9
Wed May 6th, 2009, 07:27 AM
and yes I am for the death penalty so Im not lying in court! :alien:
I agree that stupid is an offense punishable by death :D

Shea
Wed May 6th, 2009, 07:52 AM
so, basically, they want Shea? :D :D :D

Wow, thanks Chris. Didn't realize you had such a high opinion of me and my beliefs.