PDA

View Full Version : Local gun shop - Ammo is hard to find

Devaclis
Mon May 4th, 2009, 04:01 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/05/04/ammo.shortage/index.html

rforsythe
Mon May 4th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Didn't need an article on CNN to tell me that!

Shea
Mon May 4th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Didn't need an article on CNN to tell me that!

:imwithstupid:

Horsman
Mon May 4th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Saw dat, Read dat... now I need to get a gat...

Shea
Mon May 4th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Saw dat, Read dat... now I need to get a gat...

Didn't Lord Humungus have a .44 magnum revolver?

Horsman
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Didn't Lord Humungus have a .44 magnum revolver?
Yes he did...
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/Humon.jpg

Bike Night should be turned into - make yer own ammo night

The Black Knight
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I liked what the one guy in the article said about being limited to only 4 boxes of ammo. Shouldn't complain at 4 boxes. Freakin Specialty Sports limited me to just one!! One box of Cor-Bon 185gr +P in .45ACP. What's better? it's a piddle box of 20, yep 20 whole rounds. And they had stacks of them behind the counter.

Asked the guy why I couldn't buy more than one.

Salesguy - "Uh, well we need to make sure everyone gets some."
Me - "Don't you want to make a sale and sell more if someone is willing or wants to buy more than just one box?"
Salesguy - "yeah we don't really care about that."

So basically, they are on ammo rations and won't sell more that one box to a customer with money in hand. Talk about shooting your own foot. This specific ammo I bought isn't for target shooting, it's self-defense. Not alot of guys crawling all over the SD ammo(which is why that had about 60 boxes of it sitting behind the counter).

This whole thing of limiting ammo purchases is getting out of hand. Who cares if someone wants to buy one box or all them behind the counter. A sale is a sale and money is money. Better to get the money now, than wait on the possibility that 60 others guy like me with a .45 auto are looking for that specific box of ammo. On top of the 5 different manufactures of self defense ammo they had sitting there. I mean really, limiting SD ammo?

~Barn~
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:35 PM
I liked this story better, when it was called "Chicken Little" and featured various anthropomorphic fowl.

But hey... whatever helps the economy. :up:

kawasakirob
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:37 PM
OBAMA ROCKS!!!!!!

~Barn~
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:45 PM
OBAMA ROCKS!!!!!!

Heck yes he does! The S&P 500 closed above 900 today, and has officially erased its 2009 losses. My retirement investments followed-suit.

In other news, I have plenty of .45 ammo (enough to kill boxes and boxes worth of people), and I have a pending purchase on an assault rifle!

Rent hasn't gone up after 6 months, and the girlfriend accepted a job offer on Friday, after many years of post-secondary education.

I don't have H1N1 (it's just a cold), but my nose is a little tender from blowing it so much.

Thankfully, we just stocked up on Kleenex w/aloe, on our last trip to Sam's Club. Turns out it's not in quite the same demand as bullets.

And oh yeah.... I'm re-electing him in 2012.
:D

kawasakirob
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Yeah man, the lead in motorcycle batteries for kids 5-12 is awesome as well. Kids will have a hard time finding some new bikes and new equipment. Great:drink:More jobs givin, more jobs lost. I look forward to not buying a new bike for my kid until he is twelve.

~Barn~
Mon May 4th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Yeah man, the lead in motorcycle batteries for kids 5-12 is awesome as well. Kids will have a hard time finding some new bikes and new equipment. Great:drink:More jobs givin, more jobs lost. I look forward to not buying a new bike for my kid until he is twelve.

Umm.... The CPSIA (that initiated these new regulations and imposed the new testing standards) was signed into law in 8/2008. Now I don't know how up on current affairs you are, so don't be offended if you don't get the answer right...

But take a guess which President signed that?

.pdf cheat sheet (http://www.cpsc.gov/cpsia.Pdf) <-------

Bueller
Mon May 4th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I don't care about your kids or your guns.

EVO8
Tue May 5th, 2009, 12:47 AM
I think it's a good thing stores are limiting boxes to one per customer because there are tons of other customers needing bullets too. I looked around every store in Colorado for about a month and finally found a box of .380 auto.

Shea
Tue May 5th, 2009, 03:02 PM
OBAMA ROCKS!!!!!!

Insert nonsensical ranting about how cool Obama is and how he has stocked my cabinets with aloe laced kleenex, made my rent not go up in 6 months and got my girlfriend a job. All the while conveniently sidestepping massive unemployment, insane levels of government spending (that I would have gone apeshit over a mere few months ago because there was a Republican in office), and a promise of doubling our country's debt again (that I would complain about if the Repub's did it).

And then blame everything on Bush.

Isn't it funny how the people that lack any sort of integrity can so easily change their positions when it suits their needs?

Government spending is out of control under Bush...but Obama's spending is ok.
Government debt is ridiculous...but Obama says he will cut it in half, then promises to double it again to nealry 20 trillion. And that's ok.
Having one party in charge of both the legislative and executive branches is horrible...unless they are democrats.
We hate corporate welfare...unless Obama does it.
We hate big corporations...unless Obama takes them over (but then says he doesn't want to own them)

Really? How can anyone with a shred of intelligence possibly take you seriously when your views on the exact same fricking subject change with who is in charge? Spineless, self-serving and transparent.

/rant

Devaclis
Tue May 5th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Don't you ever accuse Obamas supporters of having a shred of intelligence. Jerk!!

Snowman
Tue May 5th, 2009, 03:07 PM
I still have that 25lbs of lead for sale…

Shea
Tue May 5th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Don't you ever accuse Obamas supporters of having a shred of intelligence. Jerk!!

My apologies Dana. Guess you'll have to kick me out of the cult of personality.

kawasakirob
Tue May 5th, 2009, 07:45 PM
How can anyone with a shred of intelligence possibly take you seriously when your views on the exact same fricking subject change with who is in charge? Spineless, self-serving and transparent.

/rant

Thats the problem with computers shea, You cannot detect any smell of B.S. in what was being implied with the original remark . OBAMA ROCKS!!!!!...... cyber buddy.:)

TFOGGuys
Tue May 5th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Thats the problem with computers shea, You cannot detect any smell of B.S. in what was being implied with the original remark . OBAMA has ROCKS in his fucking head!!!!!...... cyber buddy.:)

fixored

TFOGGuys
Tue May 5th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Just working from the rough number of 20 trillion dollars, it boggles the mind. Using data found online, a million dollars in $100 bills forms a stack 48.82 inches high. A billion dollars would be 1,000 times that, or a stack of $100 bills 4068.33 feet tall. A trillion is 1,000 times that, or about 770.52 miles. 20 times that would be 15, 410.4 miles. So our projected national debt can be expressed as a stack of $100 bills that would reach roughly 50 times the orbital altitude of the International Space Station, or roughly 1/16th of the distance from the Earth to the Moon.

edit: math based on this:http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=441929

Cars-R-Coffins
Tue May 5th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Here's a great graphic... http://ttoes.wordpress.com/2009/04/14/one-trillion-dollars-how-big-is-that/

~Barn~
Tue May 5th, 2009, 08:55 PM
And then blame everything on Bush.

Come on now Shea... step away from the protein shake for a second.

Dude made a off-hand Obama comment, and then subsequently alluded to the whole "lead in motorcycle batteries" issue, as reference to his remarks; when it was in fact the prior president, who signed that document into law.

Let me say it again... It was in fact, the prior president who signed that document into law.

Now I don't know exactly where I'm "blaming" anybody for anything, I just pointed something out. But hey.... if you want to have a show of hands and vote to not let the facts ruin the discussion, call your first witness. In the meantime, I'm not the one who is in the wrong here. Again... these were KawiRob's assertions, and I was just introducing this thing called fact into the equation. If you consider him to be on "your team", that's fine, but you help him with his hitting; I'm just going to keep throwing strikes.

Insert nonsensical ranting about how...

Yes, I know that some of what I write is nonsensical, and to a certain degree irrelevant. Even as I'm writing it, I know this; that's kinda the point. (Thank you for picking up on it, BTW). But like I said, I write it strictly for that purpose. For everybody who is living under their perpetual rain-cloud, and decides to evoke Obama in their unyielding misery, there is a part of me, that wants to rain perpetual sunshine to the contrary. To wax poetic and evoke candy coated, Obama-flavored goodness, just for the sake of doing it.

Yeah, I know it's all gibberish in the big-scheme, but again, that's the point. I guess if anything, I at least pride myself that my tales of merriment, at least have elements of truth to them. I think it's that whole affinity I tend to have towards the facts, that must get me. (Truth-be-told though, I don't like Kleenex. Grew up on toilet paper for blowing my nose.) Anyway... I know that times are tough for some people, and I know that times are prosperous for others... But for crying out loud (no pun intended) it's people like Silva, and Rybo that I respect. People like them, and whoever else is going through a rough patch, but doesn't blame this President (or anything really) for life’s predicaments. They just keep on keeping on, while the whiners and whimperers amongst us, do an entire populace a disservice.

Yes... at a certain point, I do have the urge pile-on to these already quivering jello-molds. I mean fuck it... the finger is on the trigger it sounds like, let me see if I can startle you, into quieting down a bit. I mean seriously... Are we really hyperventilating over ammo and dirt bikes? Might as well call 911 because they left a McNugget out of your 10-piece meal.

Granted, maybe I shouldn't be so malicious like that, but I can only hear so much fucking pessimism, before I really do want to smack people. Thankfully I can keep things to the written, and I don't physically go Zsa Zsa Gabor on anybody, but jesus christ. At a certain point, people have to recuse themselves from the blame game for a minute, and start doing what they can to fix their life as best they can. That or find a different freakin' hotline to call. This one isn't picking-up anymore.

kawasakirob
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Fairly easy to ruffle some feathers huh?

~Barn~
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Fairly easy to ruffle some feathers huh?

:lol:

Nah. You'll know when my feathers get ruffled. ;)

This is just kinda fun for me, and Shea obliges me by being a good co-star, I mean supporting-actor, I mean understudy.

Shea replies to some of the stuff I write.

mixoso
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Though I am a bit reluctant to get in the middle of this I wanted to note that I am the guy who wrote the CNN article...Jim Spellman.
I moved here in January and just started riding again after a few years off. I took the MSF class and got a Ninja 650R. I'm having a great time so far!

kawasakirob
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Though I am a bit reluctant to get in the middle of this I wanted to note that I am the guy who wrote the CNN article...Jim Spellman.
I moved here in January and just started riding again after a few years off. I took the MSF class and got a Ninja 650R. I'm having a great time so far!

Right on man, I'm Rob (probably guessed that) Send a message if you want to ride.

mixoso
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Right on man, I'm Rob (probably guessed that) Send a message if you want to ride.

Will do...I head out towards Golden a lot and Im looking to strectch out some more into the foothills!

Shea
Wed May 6th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Thats the problem with computers shea, You cannot detect any smell of B.S. in what was being implied with the original remark . OBAMA ROCKS!!!!!...... cyber buddy.:)

No, I understood your sarcastic position and was merely using it as a springboard to rant. Wasn't pointed at you... :)

~Barn~
Wed May 6th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Unnecessary reply, in 3... 2... 1...

[Edit:] Okay, maybe not.

[Edit #2:] Okay, maybe so...

Shea
Wed May 6th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Well Brandon, you and I disagree (diametrically, as you put it) on so much.
I can't see how you are optimistic when your belief systems are at odds with freedom and liberty. I understand how the emotion, in place of intellect and knowledge, can lead one down that path but the inevitable end of it is slavery (not exactly a happy, optimistic state of being). Now I'm sure your saying smugly to yourself "Slavery? Hah! How pessimistic!", but history is replete with instances of where our current path leads.

Obama, is no different then Bush. To cast blame on one or the other is missing the point. It drives me insane when people on your side of the aisle, so vehemently and viscerally opposed to Bush, who disparaged him so much, immediately give Obama a pass for the same shortcomings, gaffs, policies, etc. You used to call Bush a Nazi, a facist. What has changed? I contend, not much. But the slavish devotion to a party and a misrepresented ideaology keeps you from critisizing an administration, that if it had an -R at the end of it, you would most likely be marching in the streets.

Brandon, despite my icy, "intimidating", mean, cold-hearted, pessimistic, "unapproachable", "aloof and angry" persona that many on this board love to play up, I am a deep, thoughtful, intelligent, loving man. Someone who at the very core of my soul believes that in each one of us resides a greatness. That without politicians telling us to hate one another based on how much money someone makes, the color of their skin, what God they pray to or who they fall in love with, we can find that greatness and follow our individual paths to success and happiness (whatever that looks like for each of us).

However I see men and women who believe that many in this country are victims and somehow incapable of living their lives as those in charge see fit. Therefore they need to be controled, cared for (more control) and taught the error of their ways. That saddens me a great deal. People like you, who claim to be good-hearted, caring folk, willingly destroy someone else for your own emotional gain. I can't abide it. That is not happy to me, nor is it in any way shape or form "optimistic".

In spirituality there is a concept called "honoring one's path". That each of us has come here to learn and to grow. By taking action to "fix" others or take care of them because they are not living up to our ideals, is not honoring of them as individuals or their path. Yes, some may fall. Yes some may not lead the same life as you. Yes, some will not conform to your vision of success or happiness. But you know what Brandon? That is your issue to deal with. You want everyone to fit in a round hole, when there are quite a few of us triangles around.

Love, compassion and generosity cannot be legislated, dictated from on high by politicians (regardless of their party) and to try and do so is a horid abuse of power. These things come from the heart not the barrel of a government gun. Many say that we have two motivating emotions, love and fear. To see someone crying out in need and wanting to help, that comes from love. To see someone crying out in need and someone in power telling you to help...or else, that comes from fear.

Life, Liberty and Property. Simple yet powerful concepts that are sometimes hard to live by. It is much easier to just look to WDC and say "it's too hard, you do it". In doing so, however, we lose ourselves and that greatness that resides in us all.

~Barn~
Wed May 6th, 2009, 09:13 AM
You're a good guy Shea, I've never really thought otherwise. Clearly we don't really agree on "life philosophy" to any major extent, but for all intents and purposes, I think we can at least (on a surface level) agree that we all deserve the chance to live peaceful and mostly unrestricted lives. The minutia therein, is where you and I start to go our separate ways, but at a 10,000 foot vantage, we may actually have the same point of view.

Do I think greatness resides in us all? Well no, certainly not. I think that maybe *potential* resides in us all, but "greatness" is a lofty residence. Sadly, we don't all grow up to be astronauts and princesses, despite what our childhood might lead us to believe.

And no, I don't want every square peg, to get forced down the round hole. Nor do I want everybody to be the same round peg, just for the sake of uniformity. If anything... (and to completely kill the analogy), I just want people to know that with the right tools at their disposal, and with commensurate effort, they can continually reshape their pegs, to fit whatever objective is needed. And maybe my desire to supervise, and to "control" that effort is too strong for my own good. (?) But as any good Woodshop Teacher would hopefully agree... I'd rather operate the saw, and steady their hand, than see them cut their fingers off, or cry about how it can't be done.

dirkterrell
Wed May 6th, 2009, 09:22 AM
You're a good guy Shea, I've never really thought otherwise. Clearly we don't really agree on "life philosophy" to any major extent, but for all intents and purposes, I think we can at least (on a surface level) agree that we all deserve the chance to live peaceful and mostly unrestricted lives. The minutia therein, is where you and I start to go our separate ways, but at a 10,000 foot vantage, we may actually have the same point of view.

The devil is in the details. :)

Dirk

~Barn~
Wed May 6th, 2009, 09:25 AM
The devil is in the details. :)

Dirk

Ha! I had a credit counseling agency tell me the same thing once!

DavidofColorado
Wed May 6th, 2009, 09:27 AM
OT or On T. But I miss buying ammo. I miss having money to buy ammo. I miss buying ammo for my AK by the 1k for less then a hundred dollars. I miss working too. I miss paying my bills instead of not. When I got fired Nov. 4 because of upcoming budget cuts I miss having one person to blame. Now I can't blame anyone but the previous administration and the next one.

Devaclis
Wed May 6th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I used to be really conceited. That was until I discovered I was perfect.

DavidofColorado
Wed May 6th, 2009, 09:32 AM
I used to be really conceited. That was until I discovered I was perfect.
You jacked your own thread.
I'm not conceited... I'm convinced.

DavidofColorado
Wed May 6th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Good article. I was suprised to see that there was no mention to how many people are killed a year by the sky falling. But you missed a huge part of the problem. (or you are waiting for a later article) But guns are that shoot the ammo listed are hard to find and prices have tripled on the guns that the new administration has on their hit list. AR-15 AK-47 and the lowly glock with a full capacity magazine. Even though they aren't machine guns but look like their full auto cousins. They are discriminating against them like they did in the past. So people are making the investment in buying up all they can because they can fetch a premium in future.

I would also like to welcome you to CSC. You should no problem enjoying the heck out that Ninja. I have my own ZX9 and while I can ride pretty good I usually get toasted by someone on a smaller bike in the twisties.

You should keep looking in for a newbie ride or one of the weekend rides thru the mountains. Any time is the right time for riding.

Shea
Wed May 6th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Do I think greatness resides in us all? Well no, certainly not. I think that maybe *potential* resides in us all, but "greatness" is a lofty residence. Sadly, we don't all grow up to be astronauts and princesses, despite what our childhood might lead us to believe.

My greatness is not your greatness. My version of success is not yours. The problem is that our society bases nearly our entire existence on monetary success. There are so many, utterly unhappy and hollow millionaires. Can I be successful, happy and content living in a VW van on the beach somewhere, smoking pot and surfing all day? You bet your ass. Is that considered a success and "achieving my personal greatness" by a guy who wants to be the CEO of major corporation? Probably not. But that is the beautiful thing about this country and what I see as under assault on a daily basis.

And no, I don't want every square peg, to get forced down the round hole. Nor do I want everybody to be the same round peg, just for the sake of uniformity. If anything... (and to completely kill the analogy), I just want people to know that with the right tools at their disposal, and with commensurate effort, they can continually reshape their pegs, to fit whatever objective is needed. And maybe my desire to supervise, and to "control" that effort is too strong for my own good. (?) But as any good Woodshop Teacher would hopefully agree... I'd rather operate the saw, and steady their hand, than see them cut their fingers off, or cry about how it can't be done.

And this is part of the problem (as I see it). Who are you to stand over someone and determine "they're doing it wrong"? We have become so averse to getting a boo-boo in this country that we want constant supervision. It is through failure and adversity that we grow and become stronger. Coddling only leads to mediocrity and denies a person the invaluable knowledge of thier own abilities to overcome life's setbacks.

I see politicians (and their sycophantic supporters) doing nothing to support your stated goal of living life as peacefully and unresitricted as possible. But it is entirely possible (and more then likely) that our definitions of "peace" and "restriction" are completely different. Unfortunately the parties have us calling each other names, using idiotic "crisis" and "emergencies" to keep us occupied while the slowly chip away at our rights for their power and control.

Sitting down and talking about issues, in a reasoned, intelligent way is passe. Guess I'll just join the crowd and start calling people names and making adolecent attepts at whit by calling the parties Republithugs and Democraps.

Horsman
Wed May 6th, 2009, 05:20 PM
My greatness is not your greatness. My version of success is not yours. The problem is that our society bases nearly our entire existence on monetary success. There are so many, utterly unhappy and hollow millionaires. Can I be successful, happy and content living in a VW van on the beach somewhere, smoking pot and surfing all day? You bet your ass. Is that considered a success and "achieving my personal greatness" by a guy who wants to be the CEO of major corporation? Probably not. But that is the beautiful thing about this country and what I see as under assault on a daily basis.

And this is part of the problem (as I see it). Who are you to stand over someone and determine "they're doing it wrong"? We have become so averse to getting a boo-boo in this country that we want constant supervision. It is through failure and adversity that we grow and become stronger. Coddling only leads to mediocrity and denies a person the invaluable knowledge of thier own abilities to overcome life's setbacks.

I see politicians (and their sycophantic supporters) doing nothing to support your stated goal of living life as peacefully and unresitricted as possible. But it is entirely possible (and more then likely) that our definitions of "peace" and "restriction" are completely different. Unfortunately the parties have us calling each other names, using idiotic "crisis" and "emergencies" to keep us occupied while the slowly chip away at our rights for their power and control.

Sitting down and talking about issues, in a reasoned, intelligent way is passe. Guess I'll just join the crowd and start calling people names and making adolecent attepts at whit by calling the parties Republithugs and Democraps.

MY ADD is KICKING IN!!!! OH CRAP, NOW THE OCD!!! which makes me S.A.D.!!!
Shea, you drink???
Barn, you drink???
Let's get it on!!!!
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/mills_lane_fight.jpg

#1Townie
Wed May 6th, 2009, 05:58 PM

Nah. You'll know when my feathers get ruffled. ;)

This is just kinda fun for me, and Shea obliges me by being a good co-star, I mean supporting-actor, I mean understudy.

Shea replies to some of the stuff I write.

hahahaha o yeah obama is great.. he rocks.. having air force one buzz new york.. good times.. 50k an hour to take a picture.. sound slike our taxes are in great hands.. i mean realy not like we dont have enough pics of that statue.. i bet they were realy taking pics of the people running for their lives thinking 911 round 2 was taking place...

not sure what change you people voted for.. if we were going to vote for change then i think we should have voted both partys out of that damn house.. let them all take a few years to re think how they have both fucked this country up..

back to the topic.. talked to a few friends back in nevada and they dont have the same trouble buying amo...

~Barn~
Wed May 6th, 2009, 08:01 PM
MY ADD is KICKING IN!!!! OH CRAP, NOW THE OCD!!! which makes me S.A.D.!!!
Shea, you drink???
Barn, you drink???
Let's get it on!!!!

I'm down. But we're not going out for Fraps!

hahahaha o yeah obama is great.. he rocks.. having air force one buzz new york.. good times. <snip...>

Come on now, Clownie.... do you honestly believe that every little thing that goes down in the US, trickles down from the Oval Office? :lol:

Poorly conceived photo-ops, I doubt are at the top of the priorities list each morning. And for the record, it wasn't even Air Force 1 that was being photographed. AF1, is the designation for the plane that The President is actually aboard; he wasn't in that plane.

I hardly think it was a decision that he would have "green lit", if somebody actually put it across his desk. For that matter, I don't have to think. Here's an article that explains who made that bone-head call, and what President Obama thought about it. And yes.... I think we all realize it was rather stupid move.

Hopefully Mr. Caldera was punished something memorable.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/28/low.flying.plane/

But really... Pick up a newspaper once in awhile. :roll:

mixoso
Wed May 6th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Good article. I was suprised to see that there was no mention to how many people are killed a year by the sky falling. But you missed a huge part of the problem. (or you are waiting for a later article) But guns are that shoot the ammo listed are hard to find and prices have tripled on the guns that the new administration has on their hit list. AR-15 AK-47 and the lowly glock with a full capacity magazine. Even though they aren't machine guns but look like their full auto cousins. They are discriminating against them like they did in the past. So people are making the investment in buying up all they can because they can fetch a premium in future.

I would also like to welcome you to CSC. You should no problem enjoying the heck out that Ninja. I have my own ZX9 and while I can ride pretty good I usually get toasted by someone on a smaller bike in the twisties.

You should keep looking in for a newbie ride or one of the weekend rides thru the mountains. Any time is the right time for riding.

Im waiting to see if a renewal of the AWB comes up in congress before covering those topics. It will have more impact then.

I'm def looking for a newbie ride...I'm being pretty methodical in working my way up to more challenging roads, but I'm felling pretty good so i hope to hit some canyons (slowly) soon.

Shea
Wed May 6th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Im waiting to see if a renewal of the AWB comes up in congress before covering those topics. It will have more impact then.

I don't see the AWB coming back into effect. The Congress has no stomach for it and the Heller decision would make implementation a pain. Fortunately (or unfortunately for us) the Obama administration has a back up plan...

The "Inter-American Convention against the Illicit Manufacturing of and Trafficking in Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives and Other Related Materials"

Since it is a treaty, we can bypass that pesky 2nd Amendment and criminalize all sorts of neat behavior. Like to reload? Yeah, unless you get a license you are an "illicit manufacturer". Our government can ban all sorts of weapons if they feel like it:

Article XXVII Section 2:
States Parties may adopt stricter measures than those provided for by this Convention if, in their opinion, such measures are desirable to prevent, combat, and eradicate the illicit manufacturing of and trafficking in firearms, ammunition, explosives, and other related materials.

Yeah baby!
Full text of this crap:

http://www.oas.org/juridico/English/treaties/a-63.html

The Black Knight
Wed May 6th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I don't see the AWB coming back into effect. The Congress has no stomach for it and the Heller decision would make implementation a pain. Fortunately (or unfortunately for us) the Obama administration has a back up plan...

The "Inter-American Convention against the Illicit Manufacturing of and Trafficking in Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives and Other Related Materials"

Since it is a treaty, we can bypass that pesky 2nd Amendment and criminalize all sorts of neat behavior. Like to reload? Yeah, unless you get a license you are an "illicit manufacturer". Our government can ban all sorts of weapons if they feel like it:

Article XXVII Section 2:
States Parties may adopt stricter measures than those provided for by this Convention if, in their opinion, such measures are desirable to prevent, combat, and eradicate the illicit manufacturing of and trafficking in firearms, ammunition, explosives, and other related materials.

Yeah baby!
Full text of this crap:

http://www.oas.org/juridico/English/treaties/a-63.html
That would effectively stop the reloading segment in it's tracks. It would be hard for them to enforce this on the private reloaders I think, but it sure would be aimed at companies who sell reloading components/supplies.

Basically it's aimed at ammunition companies who not only sell factory ammunition but like Winchester(for example) sells powder, primers and cases for the reloading sector. Sure these companies will keep making factory ammo but I'm sure they make a a good amount of money from reloading supplies. Companies like CCI will have to merge altogether and go strictly factory ammo. They are one of the biggest primer companies and this would make them struggle.

Bullet companies would really feel it I think. Nosler, Speer, Barnes who really rely on the reloaders in the world to purchase their products would be forced to focus more on factory ammunition(which you can get right now by the way, several companies offer multiple bullet selections in their cases).

Just another in a long line of back door efforts in my opinion.

#1Townie
Thu May 7th, 2009, 01:33 PM
I'm down. But we're not going out for Fraps!

Come on now, Clownie.... do you honestly believe that every little thing that goes down in the US, trickles down from the Oval Office? :lol:

Poorly conceived photo-ops, I doubt are at the top of the priorities list each morning. And for the record, it wasn't even Air Force 1 that was being photographed. AF1, is the designation for the plane that The President is actually aboard; he wasn't in that plane.

I hardly think it was a decision that he would have "green lit", if somebody actually put it across his desk. For that matter, I don't have to think. Here's an article that explains who made that bone-head call, and what President Obama thought about it. And yes.... I think we all realize it was rather stupid move.

Hopefully Mr. Caldera was punished something memorable.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/28/low.flying.plane/

But really... Pick up a newspaper once in awhile. :roll:

it only wasnt air force one cuz he wasnt on it.. let me ask you this if he cant keep track of his own plane then what the hell is he doing??? it is his plane.. for him.. at 50 k an hour for that thing to be up then yeah i would want to know were my plane is.. come on barnie you jumped on bushys shit for a hell of alot less... i dont need to read your link about a whole lot of nothing about things that arent being done by a guy who promised to change the world but cant keep track of his own jet.. his own jet.. you wont even hold him to knowing were his own jet or is what it is doing.. i mean realy do you keep track of were your car is??? do you?? thats just a car.. or do you just let people take it out for joy rides when they feel like taking some photos..

the clownie thing is old.. with the smarts you claim to have i would think with the name tlownie YOU of all people could come up with somthing new..

~Barn~
Thu May 7th, 2009, 02:00 PM
:working in reverse order:

I just think Clownie is the funniest. As much as I hate to give props to Frank, he hit that one out of the park, so I'm not going to try and best that effort.

And there is more than one plane in the fleet you know. (?) I don't think that he keeps them parked behind the White House, all "his & hers" style, with the keys on the nightstand next to his dish of loose change. It's called delegation man...

You gotta understand, that when you get into high levels of business, the decisions (even sometimes the big ones) often come by virtue of delegation. You like to think you empower people who will make the wisest decisions, but in this case, that didn't happen. Caldera dropped the ball, and yeah, it was a retarded thing to have happen. It doesn't mean they sat down over donuts in the breakroom that morning, and Obama was all "Eww!... that sounds awesome! Do that!"

Clearly, (and I regret that you didn't want to read the article), he would have nix'd that decision, if he would have known it was brewing.

#1Townie
Thu May 7th, 2009, 03:13 PM
:working in reverse order:

I just think Clownie is the funniest. As much as I hate to give props to Frank, he hit that one out of the park, so I'm not going to try and best that effort.

And there is more than one plane in the fleet you know. (?) I don't think that he keeps them parked behind the White House, all "his & hers" style, with the keys on the nightstand next to his dish of loose change. It's called delegation man...

You gotta understand, that when you get into high levels of business, the decisions (even sometimes the big ones) often come by virtue of delegation. You like to think you empower people who will make the wisest decisions, but in this case, that didn't happen. Caldera dropped the ball, and yeah, it was a retarded thing to have happen. It doesn't mean they sat down over donuts in the breakroom that morning, and Obama was all "Eww!... that sounds awesome! Do that!"

Clearly, (and I regret that you didn't want to read the article), he would have nix'd that decision, if he would have known it was brewing.

and im sure bush would not have gone into iraq under the wmds if he had known he was not going to find any...

so funny how you some of the things that bush did let you get so fired up about how we are being lied to but then with this guy you just eat all that shit hes throwing out there like its a larg pizza...

im done you are just part of what is wrong with this country.. it was the same thing with the bush supporters.. nothing he did was wrong now nothing that will happen with obama will be wrong with you..

delegation, well he still made the choice to have a person that is sp un-worthy of leadership that they took a jet on a joy ride at 50 k and hour to take a photo.. good delegation.. your boys in the office right now are just as big of a pain in the ass as both bush's... youll never get how to help change this country with a one mind one team track.. i might not be able to typ but at least i can see a bigger picture then my team is better then your team out look to this country...

dont worry after 4 or 8 years and obama changes nothing and then we have the next tard come into office and fuck more shit up for us at least you still have your team...

#1Townie
Thu May 7th, 2009, 03:15 PM
o yeah i can deal with clownie but calling your barnie is so much more fun..

please some one what the hell was that song???

~Barn~
Thu May 7th, 2009, 03:40 PM
:music: I love you... You love me... :music:

so-on and so-forth

#1Townie
Fri May 8th, 2009, 02:42 PM
hahaha yeah there you go.

~Barn~
Fri May 8th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Not trying to continue the agony of this thread, but I didn't think this needed a whole new one of its own.

White House aide resigns over NYC flyover. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30643376/)

InlineSIX24
Fri May 8th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Classic. I wonder if Mr. 'Mulligan' will get another chance to fix his mistake. Q: Why the hell are they spending $328,835 tax dollars on a photo shoot of AF1? What do they need to advertise it for, or is a framed promo pic for the world embassies that critical?

~Barn~
Fri May 8th, 2009, 05:43 PM
It's for AF1's page on Wikipedia.

Sigh....

BeoBe
Fri May 8th, 2009, 06:51 PM
yea wal mart here got in like 2-3 cases of 9mm and in like an hour or 2 they were completely sold out.. all before lunch

#1Townie
Sat May 9th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Not trying to continue the agony of this thread, but I didn't think this needed a whole new one of its own.

White House aide resigns over NYC flyover. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30643376/)

im sorry all can hear from you is my team is better then your team..

tell you what bro im going to let all this shit slide for the next 4-8 years and when your team is no longer in office and the prez does somthing you dont like i dont want to read about how pissed you are.. the reason i say this is cuz all the shit you said about gb and now you have this golden boy who cant do no wrong.. im tired of it.. i didnt bitch about bush cuz he did what he said he was going to do.. his first statement about 911 he said this war is going to be long and mistakes will be made but we will take the fight to their lands.. or somthing along those lines.. so i respected for what i seen as the first prez for as long as i can remember doing what he said he was going to do... your golden said he was going to do a lot of things and i have yet to see anything.. realy anything.. he took back his idea about rasing taxes on the rich.. he wont do anything.. well maybe try to re-ban some fire arms but then again i dont know if the congress will let that happen after most of the senators lost that voted yes for clinton were voted out..

at the end of the day the war in iraq was not up to one person.. each senator had their say on the yes and the no and voted yes.. the country voted for a change in the in congress a few years ago and yet we have seen nothing... nothing will change.. it will always be your team vs the other team... sad to see our country ran by teams who dont realy give shit about the people but more just want to try and get another score up on the board...

DavidofColorado
Sun May 10th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Anybody notice gas prices are ticking back up too?