PDA

View Full Version : Bike got runned over!

sugarrey
Tue May 5th, 2009, 11:00 AM
So to extend my streak of bad luck.....

1. Got ripped of by business partner for large sum of money
2. Truck gets broken in to (over $8k damage)
3. Motorcycle gets stolen ($5k damage, which I haven't recieved a dime)
4. I go to Tijuana for 3 months, get jacked and robbed by the TJ police

And then yesterday......Black Knight, MastaP and myself where getting a bite to eat after riding for awhile to come outside and see my bike on its side, and a black Range Rover over the top of it.

So got all the information from the guy, he was decent about it, a harley rider himself. But just sucks.

Damaged includes:

mirror
turn signal popped out
upper side fairing cracked around turn signal housing
foot peg cracked in half
lower fairing cracked
devil exhaust scratched and dented
plastic tail section damage
ruined frame sliders on frame and bars

The unlucky streak continues.....lucky me

MetaLord 9
Tue May 5th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Wait. the guy RAN OVER your bike? It sounds like you should have A LOT more damage than what you listed... Wheels bent at all? frame, subframe, & forks all straight & unscratched?

Damn dude! Good luck with all that! Hope your luck turns around!

sugarrey
Tue May 5th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Well it was more like he punted the bike, not actually ran over. When I looked outside the rear of his car was over my bike but he didnt actually run it over per se' He just ran into it.

64BonnieLass
Tue May 5th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Good grief, who did you piss off in a previous life. What a drag. Sorry to hear about all of this.

Sully
Tue May 5th, 2009, 11:18 AM
dayum.. sorry to hear this, but hopefully your streak of bad luck is now over.

Slo
Tue May 5th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Damn that sucks, it's that warm season now too, bad timing as well.

Horsman
Tue May 5th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Ouch....

Stank Juic3
Tue May 5th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Wow man there be better days!

McVaaahhh
Tue May 5th, 2009, 11:25 AM
That sucks man.

I'm thinking let his insurance total it out and get yourself a new one. That bike's bad luck.

Kappa03
Tue May 5th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Horrible luck man. Hope things start to get better!

I had a little bad luck as well, apartment broken into lost $2500,
wind blew over my bike couple weeks ago, some scratches and broken mirror
And my job position is being let go at work bah.

willb003
Tue May 5th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Im sorry bout all the bad luck. that sucks

SaShWhO
Tue May 5th, 2009, 11:50 AM
it can't rain all the time.
keep your chin up!

Wyck
Tue May 5th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Bummer :(

fullgrownbear
Tue May 5th, 2009, 12:27 PM
The TJ police? wtf. You should've complained. (LOL)

BondiBeach
Tue May 5th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Did all those bad things happened here in Colorado? If that... it's time for change/move. I would, I heard Seattle is the best city to live in.

Devaclis
Tue May 5th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I am familiar with this scenario:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8842&highlight=Hawk

I took the pictures down to protect the guilty.....

Drift
Tue May 5th, 2009, 01:22 PM
...it's time for change/move. I would, I heard Seattle is the best city to live in.

Seattle...the place I call home...but I wouldn't recommend anybody else move there...no, you would not like it...not one bit...to much rain

sugarrey
Tue May 5th, 2009, 01:54 PM
I am from Chicago...Been here in Colorado for about 4 years....And all of that happened since I was in Colorado!!!

I wish they would total it out, that would be stellar!

Tipys
Tue May 5th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Hey it sucks.

But just let you know I am feeling your pain. I have had alot of bad luck myself latey

Devaclis
Tue May 5th, 2009, 01:59 PM
No you are just clumsy.....:)

Tipys
Tue May 5th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Ya but me being clumsy usually results in me hurting my self and not much else like wallet, jeep, and well my bike has taken the pain of me being clumsy a few times

BondiBeach
Tue May 5th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Seattle...the place I call home...but I wouldn't recommend anybody else move there...no, you would not like it...not one bit...to much rain

Rain!!! I don't mine, I love the idea that is so close to Vancouver:)

brennahm
Tue May 5th, 2009, 04:50 PM
It could be worse, could've been some yahoo in a busted old pickup that took off...

Ceez
Tue May 5th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Always could of been worse, but sucks none the less. Sorry cousin. Hopefully they total out the bike for ya.

TFOGGuys
Tue May 5th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Sounds vaguely familiar... :banghead:

I feel your pain...

daemon
Tue May 5th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Hey it sucks.

But just let you know I am feeling your pain. I have had alot of bad luck myself latey
almost perfect grammar!!!
you are getting there buddy!

that sucks for you sugarrey!
i hope you have a bit better luck as the season progresses.

Jason ON
Tue May 5th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Wow! And I thought I had bad luck. I'm going to stand next to you every time it lightnings from now on.

Seriously, though... that sucks man.

Mister BOYD
Wed May 6th, 2009, 11:06 AM
I hear bad luck comes in Fives! So at least you have that working in your favor!

sugarrey
Wed May 6th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Insurance question for ya'll.

My insurance company is giving me 2 options.

1. Have this guys insurance (Hartford) come and look at the bike and have them take care of it.

2. Have my insurance take care of it (Geico). They said they would have someone come out and take a look. Either write a check immediately or have one mailed to my minus my deductible. Then they would go after the guys insurance company and get the cash.

Anyone have experience with this situation?

JohnEffinK
Wed May 6th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Going through this now with my harley.

I am able to cover the deductible so I am using my insurance company. This guarantees me that I take it where I want and get it fixed. My ins company will go after other company and was told that since the other person was cited and claimed fault I will most likely get my deductible back after wards when the fighting between insurance companies is over.

I did not want to haggle with the other dudes insurance to make this right. Worse case is I lose my deductible but being able to get the stuff fixed at the place I want is more important right now.

Hopefully I dont get burned....

Good luck

John

sugarrey
Wed May 6th, 2009, 12:35 PM
That was my train of thought too.....thanks for the input

sugarrey
Thu May 7th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I have decided to go with my insurance company, Geico. They came out today and did an estimate. Nice guy, he is a rider himself along with his girl. The estimate to get it fixed is $3600, so they are going to cut me a check. Great experience, Geico gets a +1 here. Having a bike paid for has its advantages!!!

The other insurance adjuster hasnt even called to come out and look at it, I can already tell it wouldnt be a good situation if I was to deal with them.

So next is to pick a shop and get 'er done.