PDA

View Full Version : as some of you already know...

chad23
Wed May 6th, 2009, 06:45 PM
I was in an accedent on Tuesday up around Glen Haven
I was riding in a straight section of road with a friend that is new to riding, so our pace was slow, When I looked down we were going 45, but anyways I went to look back and see how he was doing and some how got the soul of my shoe under the chain guard and into the chain, when i looked down to see what had happen I didn't realize I was drifting towards the shoulder.When I looked up I was heading towards a t-post and had to go through the gravel. I tried to get back on the road and ended up sliding into the ditch. Where I was riding through some big ass rocks and a bunch of cut aspen stumps, I was then popped off the bike and rolled a couple times. I ended up with a really big tear in my right leg below the knee that went down to the bone from a tree that was cut down and the stomp was cut at a sharp angle. And fractured my left thigh bone at the knee. I will be out for about 6weeks. The bike is totaled. the front wheel hit a basketball size rock and destroyed the front end

Tipys
Wed May 6th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Oh no good at all. Seems like your doing ok and after all.

Nerves
Wed May 6th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Oh my god!! I'm glad it was not any worse then that tho. If you or Cat need anything, we are in town and happy to help. If you need someone to watch the kids or do some shopping we are here to help.

chad23
Wed May 6th, 2009, 06:54 PM
still in a lot of pain and I have to walk with crutches for the next couple of weeks. The hard part is both my bathrooms are up/down stairs.

Nerves
Wed May 6th, 2009, 06:56 PM
I have an old bed pan you can have. You might need to wash it seeing as how I never did myself. J/K

Nick_Ninja
Wed May 6th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Sorry to hear. Take it easy and heal up. Wear footwear that won't get snagged next time.

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed May 6th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Dang Chad... femurs are a biotch to break. Take it easy and enjoy those pain meds!!

Nerves
Wed May 6th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Ya, good point. Where you in you usual Alpinesrtar boots or did you go out in impromptu cloths or something?

Vehicle 1
Wed May 6th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Sorry to hear this man, pretty fn scary succession of events...

KawikaO.
Wed May 6th, 2009, 07:03 PM
the main thing as that you're still alright man. that situation could have gone waaaaay worse. i just recently had a bad crash too and am in the recovery period so i feel your pain man. i've got some hardware in my body now too.

MattTLS
Wed May 6th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Well, that's not good, Chad. Thankfully it wasn't any worse. Time to take it easy and get yourself better. If there's anything you might need help with, let me know.

Matthew

Ceez
Wed May 6th, 2009, 07:43 PM
No good Chad, glad you are doing alright. Let me know if you need anything. Which bike were you riding?

Think
Wed May 6th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Dang Chad... femurs are a biotch to break. Take it easy and enjoy those pain meds!!
Yeah seriously, you must have hit some really really facking hard. Like I said on FB, if you need anything let me know. Plus dropping a deuce and taking a leak in the backyard is more fun than stupid bathrooms anyways.

Devaclis
I am happy you are around to tell your tale man. What you need to do now is this:

Buy a good computer
Buy WoW
Play WoW
Enjoy your time off
Enjoy your meds

MikeG
Dayum, I'm glad you are all right given the circumstances.

Think
Wed May 6th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I am happy you are around to tell your tale man. What you need to do now is this:

Buy a good computer
Buy WoW
Play WoW
Enjoy your time off
Enjoy your meds
Chad if you buy WoW I'll soooo play with you this summer.

Scer
Wed May 6th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Man sorry to hear man. Sucks how little things like that can turn into a big ole mess!! Heal up well and don't try to force the leg to walk and run. It's better to give it time to do it's thing and test it little by little. have fun with WoW. lol

test on testas

chad23
Wed May 6th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Sorry to hear. Take it easy and heal up. Wear footwear that won't get snagged next time. I just had a tattoo done and the boots were rubbing, this is the only time I have not had my boots on. I love my gear.

No good Chad, glad you are doing alright. Let me know if you need anything. Which bike were you riding? The r1

Buy a good computer
Buy WoW
Play WoW
Enjoy your time off
Enjoy your meds
So I have a good puter and I will look into WoW hear in a minute. Being down for 6 weeks I need a good addicting hobby

And think your sounded a little perverted or the pain pills made it sound that way

Sully
Wed May 6th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Sorry to hear this Chad, heal up quick.

Mizzybeff
Wed May 6th, 2009, 08:12 PM
WOW! Im so sorry to hear hun. I hope u feel better soon. But don't rush it or anything. Im glad its not worse than it is. The bright side it that u r syill alive and kickin (or will be kickin soon anyway). :)

Get Well Soon!

Think
Wed May 6th, 2009, 08:19 PM
And think your sounded a little perverted or the pain pills made it sound that way
I think you just wanted it to sound perverted.:slappers:

TFOGGuys
Wed May 6th, 2009, 08:26 PM
That blows, Chad. Glad you made it out the other side. Heal up soon!

GixxerCarrie
Wed May 6th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Really sorry to hear about that Chad...and we were going to have the threesome with our Pazzo levers:(. Heal up quick. I'm glad you made back to tell us about it. Take care!:)

SumoWeezle
Wed May 6th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Glad to hear that youre realitvely ok and will be back in the saddle shortly! As always my friend, hollar if you or Cat need anything!!

OUTLAWD
Wed May 6th, 2009, 08:46 PM
damn dude...shit sucks...there are enough of us that are local to give you a hand with anything if you need it.

chad23
Wed May 6th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Really sorry to hear about that Chad...and we were going to have the threesome with our Pazzo levers:(. Heal up quick. I'm glad you made back to tell us about it. Take care!:) can I get an IOU....My levers should be in tomorrow. As I was sitting on the side of the road waiting for the 1st responder, I did have a moment where I looked at my bike in the ditch front end all torn up and said "damn those steelbraided brake line still look badass"

GixxerCarrie
Wed May 6th, 2009, 08:51 PM
can I get an IOU....My levers should be in tomorrow. As I was sitting on the side of the road waiting for the 1st responder, I did have a moment where I looked at my bike in the ditch front end all torn up and said "damn those steelbraided brake line still look badass"

No doubt...and your new bike will have them too! So no worries(of course you can have an IOU, just make sure your new bike coloring goes with those kickass levers that your going to hook up to those new brake lines, lolz). Get your ass healed up...so we can get you back on the road with us!:hump:

ChrisCBX
Wed May 6th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Hope you have a speedy recovery and are out riding again soon.

Chris

Ceez
Wed May 6th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Damn Chad, like I said, let me know if you need anything.

rybo
Wed May 6th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Chad,

I'm really sorry to hear this and am glad that you are well enough to tell your story.

I'm not too far away, so if there is something you need, please let me know.

In the words of "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" I've got a bitchin' set of tools....we can fix it!

Scott

asp_125
Wed May 6th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Aw man, sorry to hear, Chad. Holler if you or Cat need anything.

Foolds
Wed May 6th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Damn Chad glad to hear you are ok. When did you get an R1?

kawasakirob
Wed May 6th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Bummer man, dang shoe!

arcatacat
Wed May 6th, 2009, 11:02 PM
I've just been convinced to spend the extra dough on some riding boots.

Get well soon.

kawasakirob
Wed May 6th, 2009, 11:34 PM
found a BRAND NEW pair of Supertech R's for 250 bucks on ebay:hump:

pilot
Thu May 7th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Ouch!

daemon
Thu May 7th, 2009, 05:40 AM
i've said it before.
i'm just glad you are relatively alright.
sucks that you will be out of work for so long.
i dealt with that once myself.
motorcycle accident------hernia surgery----6 weeks off.
it's boring.
all i had was TV and a cassette player.

i do wonder though. considering where your injuries are.
would your boots have saved you?

t_jolt
Thu May 7th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Hey man, if you need anything just give me a call

Tyrel

dm_gsxr
Thu May 7th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Ow that sucks. Get better soon and take those meds :D

Carl

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Thu May 7th, 2009, 07:45 AM
sorry to hear that Chad!!
Hope you heal up quickly!!
And just when you got a taste of a Yamaha!!

mtnairlover
Thu May 7th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Chad....ya gotta go and one-up me, huh? Not only did your bike hit a boulder, but so did you. Next time, you need to take my lead and only let the bike hit the boulder, m-kay.

I'm just glad you're hear to tell us about it...laugh a lil and dream about more riding to come.:)

MetaLord 9
Thu May 7th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Damn Chad, sorry to hear man! Heal up quick & find yourself an nice addicting hobby like you mentioned before! Good luck on the recovery and let's all welcome the CSC's newest postwhore!

Wyck
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Oh my OUCH!!! Sorry to hear :( I have just been convinced to buy those boots and pants ASAP. I was gonna wait for funds but I'd rather have the CC bill than the hospital bill.

McVaaahhh
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Bummer Chad. Glad that it wasn't worse. Heal up soon and get back on the horse! :up:

..and we were going to have the threesome with our Pazzo levers:(.

That's just a bad image. :lol:

~Barn~
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Jesus Chad... I just read this, I hadn't heard.

Sorry to hear all that, but glad you're going to be able to mend!

chad23
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Lie I have said before "Gear is Sexy" and those that I have ridden with know I have a lot of gear and love to wear it. The one time I didnt, here I am. So for sure if you dont have it get it and if you dont wear it start....then we all can be sexy.

As far as being a post whore......oh yeah!!!!!

And thanks for all the offers for help, The one thing I will be dealing with the most is boredom. I am stuck in my room up a set of stairs that took 10 minutes to get up. so I need entertainment

Scott As far as fixing the bike the front forks are twisted and bent, and I believe that the neck of the frame is bent or cracked....Now I will need to get another bike that will need the normal bling.

If you ask my wife she wants me off the bike in all, but knows that ain't going to happen, so she would be cool with me on the track only!!!! So I may need some help with that if that is the direction I go

Sully
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Our 3some will now be only a 2some, Carrie and I.... :boobies: sigh... what are we going to do without you... you are a very important part of our 3some :bananna:

dallas
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:44 AM
................. I need a good addicting hobby..............
You should start reloading. Alot of folks are looking for bullets. Make a profit off of your misfortune.

chad23
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Our 3some will now be only a 2some, Carrie and I.... :boobies: sigh... what are we going to do without you... you are a very important part of our 3some :bananna: I could just show up with my levers in my hands wearing only a hospital gown

64BonnieLass
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:48 AM
I could just show up with my levers in my hands wearing only a hospital gown

And there is my visual for the day. Great!!!! :lol:

So sorry to hear of this Chad. Heal up fast.

McVaaahhh
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Our 3some will now be only a 2some, Carrie and I.... :boobies: sigh... what are we going to do without you... you are a very important part of our 3some :bananna:

There are so many ways to go with this...

A perfect pickup line to get Sully home from the bar:

"You, me, a can of Honda Polish, and a set of Vortex clip-ons"

McVaaahhh
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:55 AM
To get Sully and Carrie home from the bar:

"You, me, her, a box of carbon fiber, a pair of frame sliders, and two tank pad protectors. Think about it! :eyebrows: "

:lol:

~Barn~
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Am I the only one that is thinking "knee pucks" here.... :dunno:

chad23
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:57 AM
remember they dont like short levers

Sully
Thu May 7th, 2009, 09:02 AM

That would be awesome... We can push you around in the wheelchair too!

DevilsTonic
Thu May 7th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Oh my god, I'm really sorry to hear about this Chad. Let me know if you need anything at all...an ass caster perhaps so you don't have to worry so much about the crutches? ;)

Keep your chin up brother, you'll be back at it in no time.

chad23
Thu May 7th, 2009, 09:08 AM
here is a picture a friend sent me of the bike, I'll get more later when i can download his camera
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t79/chad2338/IMG00142.jpg

GixxerCarrie
Thu May 7th, 2009, 09:08 AM
To get Sully and Carrie home from the bar:

"You, me, her, a box of carbon fiber, a pair of frame sliders, and two tank pad protectors. Think about it! :eyebrows: "

:lol:

LMFAO.....:slappers:I already have a roll of carbon fiber. Don't be all jealousy!

GixxerCarrie
Thu May 7th, 2009, 09:10 AM

That would be HOT! We can put some Carbon Fiber on the Wheel Chair...I even have an extra set of blinkers for you!

Sully
Thu May 7th, 2009, 09:14 AM
There are so many ways to go with this...

A perfect pickup line to get Sully home from the bar:

"You, me, a can of Honda Polish, and a set of Vortex clip-ons"

Dude.... just dab a little race fuel behind your ear and I'll follow you anywhere :eyebrows: altho, Honda polish will also work.. :lol:

chad23
Thu May 7th, 2009, 09:18 AM
I still have a can of race fuel, and I have always wanted to make so naughty toy with carbon fiber, we can get together and have a "crafts" night

SaShWhO
Thu May 7th, 2009, 09:26 AM
well the yamadog looks fooked:shocked:

you'll be alright so long you survive the boredom.

for a speedy recovery: your famous BBQ and Fellatio PRN

McVaaahhh
Thu May 7th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Yeah, imma go with totalled on that one.

Insured?

chad23
Thu May 7th, 2009, 09:33 AM
sascha are you offering me fellatio, Man that cool and all but your chart is wrong.
I could use some bbq though

chad23
Thu May 7th, 2009, 09:35 AM
yep i got full coverage and I even pay for expanded short term and long term disabillity at work. So I'll be set for the recovery time

WidowmakerDutch
Thu May 7th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Well damn brother, Sorry to hear about the crash. Seeing how the R1 is all fuckered up and you are on crutches, I'll see if I can hook you up with a skate board you can attach to your foot and you can just roll around everywhere you need to go. To a speedy recovery. :)

chad23
Thu May 7th, 2009, 10:02 AM
skating would be fun to try but even funnier to watch

Foolds
Thu May 7th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Lie I have said before "Gear is Sexy" and those that I have ridden with know I have a lot of gear and love to wear it. The one time I didnt, here I am. So for sure if you dont have it get it and if you dont wear it start....then we all can be sexy.

As far as being a post whore......oh yeah!!!!!

And thanks for all the offers for help, The one thing I will be dealing with the most is boredom. I am stuck in my room up a set of stairs that took 10 minutes to get up. so I need entertainment

Scott As far as fixing the bike the front forks are twisted and bent, and I believe that the neck of the frame is bent or cracked....Now I will need to get another bike that will need the normal bling.

If you ask my wife she wants me off the bike in all, but knows that ain't going to happen, so she would be cool with me on the track only!!!! So I may need some help with that if that is the direction I go

I hope you don't give up the street who's going to lead me up Berthed pass? Heal up soon, so we can go for some spirited rides!

chad23
Thu May 7th, 2009, 10:23 AM
no dought leave it to me going slow to crash

puckstr
Thu May 7th, 2009, 11:14 AM
That sucks ass. Heal up.

Mother Goose
Thu May 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Damn Chad, I always thought you'd crash going WAY faster than this. ;) Heal up quick man. If you guys need anything, or are bored out of your mind, let us know, we'll make a trip up to see ya.

kawasakirob
Thu May 7th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Your bike is now a custom street fighter.

AetasMutuo
Thu May 7th, 2009, 11:44 AM
I was in an accedent on Tuesday up around Glen Haven
I was riding in a straight section of road with a friend that is new to riding, so our pace was slow, When I looked down we were going 45, but anyways I went to look back and see how he was doing and some how got the soul of my shoe under the chain guard and into the chain, when i looked down to see what had happen I didn't realize I was drifting towards the shoulder.When I looked up I was heading towards a t-post and had to go through the gravel. I tried to get back on the road and ended up sliding into the ditch. Where I was riding through some big ass rocks and a bunch of cut aspen stumps, I was then popped off the bike and rolled a couple times. I ended up with a really big tear in my right leg below the knee that went down to the bone from a tree that was cut down and the stomp was cut at a sharp angle. And fractured my left thigh bone at the knee. I will be out for about 6weeks. The bike is totaled. the front wheel hit a basketball size rock and destroyed the front end

I am sorry this happened to you. I know, for the most part, exactly how you feel.

I had something similar happen to me back in 2004. I was riding with one of my friends that had only been riding a few weeks. We were out in middle of nowhere in Nevada. I looked back at my mirror to see how he was doing. When I looked back up I was into a curve. I hit the gravel first, started to fishtail and then I went rolling through the rocks. My bike was totaled and I was torn up pretty good. I was going about 35-40 when it happened.

My gear was destroyed. Helmet, armored jacket and pants were all shredded. My friend went back to my place, about 90 minutes away, to get my car and I called a tow truck. The tow truck and my friend got back at around the same time, about an hour after sunset. So I was there, in the middle of nowhere in the dark waiting for people to get there.

At that point, I had been riding about 15 years and had logged well over 100,000 miles on two wheels.

I wish you a speedy recovery. No doubt you have had better days.

Jay

Gainer
Thu May 7th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Sorry to hear about the accident Chad. I hope you heal up quickly!!! Now you have more time to work on your BBQing.

chad23
Thu May 7th, 2009, 01:02 PM
picture of leg after stitches, there is a more graphic picture of this before stitches I'll post on myspace just for friends to see
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t79/chad2338/0505091539a.jpg

Sully
Thu May 7th, 2009, 01:07 PM
HOLY :shocked:

Horsman
Thu May 7th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Damn Chad... I am glad you lived... Get well soon!!!!

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 7th, 2009, 02:00 PM
So it was a proximal fracture of the tibia and not the femur eh?

chad23
Thu May 7th, 2009, 03:20 PM
So it was a proximal fracture of the tibia and not the femur eh?
no, that is the laceration I got to my right leg
the fracture is on the left
Good guess though.

~Barn~
Thu May 7th, 2009, 03:39 PM
If there's no staples, it's crap!
:p

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 7th, 2009, 03:39 PM
no, that is the laceration I got to my right leg
the fracture is on the left
Good guess though.

Then we need xrays of the left leg fix.

brennahm
Thu May 7th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Wow. Glad to hear you're not worse. Wanna trade gas tanks?!?!

gtn
Thu May 7th, 2009, 03:54 PM
What a bite! I'm really sorry this happened.

Sean
Thu May 7th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Glad you're alive buddy! Wounds heal and chicks dig scars. :rock:
Sorry to hear about the bike, but at least it's just a bike. Heal up quick. If there's anything I can do, don't hesitate :up:

200sr20
Thu May 7th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Damn, I'm sorry to here this. Glad you are ok for the mostpart.

Think
Thu May 7th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Pretty bad ass you showed up to full throttle this evening.

Ceez
Thu May 7th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Man, that picture of your leg on your myspace page is gnarly, I was eating a beef and rice burrito while pulling it up...never again!

KawikaO.
Fri May 8th, 2009, 12:28 AM
i hope you heal up real quick man. hope your muscles dont get too weak either.
on another note, be happy it wasn't like this...
http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n412/d-dubdh/083.jpg

biship660
Fri May 8th, 2009, 01:06 AM
i dont know you but the best of wishes to a fast recovery. i know what its like it wrecked in jan and just now geting back on the street. hope it all goes well

Hi11Zone
Fri May 8th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Dang chad! I wish u a quick recovery!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri May 8th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Hey Chad. So sorry to hear it man. Heal up fully and fast, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Glad you're not hurt any worse, as it counds like that could easily have been the case.

Of note, it seems 2 different people posted here have crashed while trying to watch a friend ride. I won't say it's almost happened to me, but a couple times when I was riding with a noob I was spending too much time watching them (in th mirrors and otherwise) and not the things I needed to be watching for ME and screwed my lines up. Scary, as I quickly realized what could happen. It is SO easy to get disoriented "riding in your mirrors", which is one of the reasons racebikes don't have them. PLEASE be careful out there guys. Ride your OWN ride, and let the noobs ride theirs.

bodhizafa
Fri May 8th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Just came across this thread. Shitty thing to hear, heal up man. Is that a neon tattoo under the soon to be scar?

chad23
Fri May 8th, 2009, 12:53 PM
frank and everyone thanks again for the well wishes, hopefully be riding in a couple months.
Bodhizafa, its not fully a neon tat, Just wanted something other than black ink. I did have it done on monday and went down on tuesday, so fresh scar over fresh ink

R6Blake101
Fri May 8th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Sorry about what happened dude. If I was you... I'll be going for a long VACATION somewhere farrrrr from here, Like I did couple months ago when I had my little stunt.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sun May 10th, 2009, 12:48 PM
frank and everyone thanks again for the well wishes, hopefully be riding in a couple months.
Bodhizafa, its not fully a neon tat, Just wanted something other than black ink. I did have it done on monday and went down on tuesday, so fresh scar over fresh ink
Get better bro, that's the important thing.:)

FZRguy
Mon May 11th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Good reminder Frank...easy to do when ya got a new rider in tow. Heal up Chad!

chad23
Tue May 19th, 2009, 02:06 PM
seeing that I have been really bored after this little ordeal, i decided to get another bike, and yes before i can walk even. so here she is
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t79/chad2338/0519091051.jpg

RajunCajun
Tue May 19th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Hmmm, looks familiar! I had one just like that for sale in my garage until a couple weeks ago.

CBRSue
Tue May 19th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I didn't see this post 'til now... sorry to hear about your accident. :( I hope you're all healed up soon - and congrats on having that sweet Honda right there waiting for you for when you're ready to ride again! :)

455bird
Tue May 19th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Obviously you angered the aprilia god's by switching to a yamaha, and then you go and get a HONDA? Sucks about the get off man, but I guess I can still ride with ya' at IMI when I get back from texas and you're all healed up.

chad23
Tue May 19th, 2009, 09:27 PM
you guys and gals are so sweet. i just appreciate the fact that you will go against your better judgement and still ride with me. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside