PDA

View Full Version : Track Day Pictures......

Big-J
Sat Feb 5th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Got a few pictures of Hoopty on the gixxer at the track today, thought I would share with you all! :)

Big-J
Sat Feb 5th, 2005, 04:22 PM
A couple more....

Devaclis
Sat Feb 5th, 2005, 04:37 PM
I would put some pretty plastic on that bike if it were mine. But seing as it is Hoopty's. I can understand how that could get really expensive really fast ;)

Hey y'all, watch this!
Sat Feb 5th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Great pics!!

Hows comes the background is so blurry?

Hoopty
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Because Big J sucks at taking pictures. :lol: Dana-I just haven't had the time to get the body work mounted up yet. :P

Big-J
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Great pics!!

Those are my special effects, supposed to look like Hoopty is really going fast!! :lol: Seriously though, a few are like that because I missed the shot and I moved the camera to get him back in my view and tried again! I was surprized Hoopty didnt come out blurry also! :dunno:

Ripper
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 09:10 AM
How's the new ride Hoopty?

Glad to see ya on an updated machine, mang.

friscokidd
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 09:15 AM
nice pics, how bout a resize.... :lol:

Big-J
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 09:18 AM
nice pics, how bout a resize.... :lol:

Shut Up Alan!

Devaclis
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 09:36 AM
That looks like a hell of a lot of fun Hoopty. Can't wait to see what it looks like all together :)

Boy Scout
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Those are my special effects, supposed to look like Hoopty is really going fast!! :lol: Seriously though, a few are like that because I missed the shot and I moved the camera to get him back in my view and tried again! I was surprized Hoopty didnt come out blurry also! :dunno:
That "technique" is called panning:

Panning is a great technique for action and, once perfected, the main subject will be sharp against a blurred background. The idea is to follow the subject as it passes in front of you and continue to follow it as you press the shutter and even after the shot is taken.As Big-J indicated, this technique can also be used for making slow moving objects appear to be moving faster than they really are :lol:

Hoopty
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 11:35 AM
The bike is running great, and yes, it was a lot of fun. :D Gene says I was running 12's maybe even high 11's, not bad for my first day on the bike. I didn't even feel like I was pushing it hard (only got my knee down a handful of times), I didn't feel comforatble enough yet to really get on the hammer. I can't wait to get my suspension dialed in. :rock: