PDA

View Full Version : transferring motorcycle endorsement

B_Ott
Wed May 6th, 2009, 11:54 PM
I am moving to Florida in August. Just wondering if anyone knows if I can transfer my motorcycle endorsement without having to retake the tests?

Captain Obvious
Thu May 7th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Between Fl --> GA --> CO, all I needed was to show my existing valid license and endorsement, and the next state moved my endorsement over. My buddy went from Maryland to FL and had no issues either.

dirkterrell
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:20 AM
When I went from SC to FL years ago to go to grad school, it transferred over.

Dirk

MetaLord 9
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Yeah, I think the "M" is pretty ubiquitous. I moved here from Ohio & they transferred it right over. Just remember to double check & make sure that the actually DO transfer it. Otherwise you've gotta take the test for sure

Horsman
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:31 AM
I thought the "M" was for "Move Bitch" "get out of the way" - ludacris???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JuS5AwR5Xg

I haven't had my coffee yet... :(

Horsman
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Between Fl --> GA --> CO, all I needed was to show my existing valid license and endorsement, and the next state moved my endorsement over. My buddy went from Maryland to FL and had no issues either.

I had no issues from Maryland to Colorado (except for the long lines)...

Dietrich_R1
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:34 AM
After a lady @ the CO DMV handed me my new license, as I turned away I looked & noticed that I didn't have the "M" on it. I turned back & said I need the M endorsement transfered on it.

She was a Biatch about it & said I didn't & she couldn't. With a very persuasive tone she finally processed it!!!

Make sure they do carry it over on the new license or you would have to take the test again!!!!

dirkterrell
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Yeah, I think the "M" is pretty ubiquitous. I moved here from Ohio & they transferred it right over. Just remember to double check & make sure that the actually DO transfer it. Otherwise you've gotta take the test for sure

+1 on that. When I went from FL -> NC -> CO somewhere along the line it didn't get transferred and I was riding out here for years without an endorsement. Had to go take the test again. It was fun demonstrating skills I had never had to use in the 25 years since the last time I took the test. :)

Dirk

Jason ON
Thu May 7th, 2009, 12:34 PM
I am moving to Florida in August. Just wondering if anyone knows if I can transfer my motorcycle endorsement without having to retake the tests?

Where in FL are you moving to?

rforsythe
Thu May 7th, 2009, 01:41 PM
CO honors reciprocity for endorsement with other states. As long as you have it somewhere else, you can get it on your license here without another test AFAIK, just make sure you ask for it at the time as they probably won't do it automatically.