PDA

View Full Version : GSXR Dumping Squid

Mental
Thu May 7th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Do I have a good reason? Was it wet? Was I tired, drunk, forced off the road?
Nope

Naw, instead my dumb ass is in the parking lot at work. I approach the end of a row, I look right, I look left. I see the little Hyundai hatchback, but that doesn't make it to my brain, I let out the clutch and ease forward when I realize what I am doing. I am leaned over a little and commited. Clutch and brake in....front wheel locks, slides and.....bam.

Allow me to make this clear, I am not as good natured about this as Bash, or Scott, or Tipys or jimwallace or Matty.

I am fucking furious with myself. Still.

But I do understand kharma, and I know I have this coming. So please, do not offer help, or support. It was a 5 mph off, and the damage is mostly cosmetic, I need to replace my shifter.

After the bike went over (lucky for my dumb ass, I broke the fall with my knee) I layed on my back and felt the rage build. When I heard the Hyundai bacing up, I got up so they wouldn't think I was hurt. I thanked them for stopping, and took ownership of the accident. Stood my bike up, got a quick survey of the damage and road it home.

I will not count dirtbike offs, and I am not counting my 0 mph lowside in 1997. So my last accident was in 1989. Yes, I know Trever was just born. I don't fucking care.

Yes I know that everyone wrecks, I also don't care.
I know that this is why we wear gear. Don't goddam care.
I know I should be thankful I walked away
I should be thankful I can afford to fix my mistake
I should feel blessed I have a bike in the first place

I should have been more careful and seen the damm car in broad damm daylight.

Tomorrow it will be better. Tomorrow, I will realize all those things above, but right now I am just too goddamm mad. Even a few sarcastic posts, and 2 beer later I am still absolutely goddam livid.

Fucking moron.

Total damage, a scratched mirror, turn signal, a nicely scuffed side panel, deeply scratcted crank case cover, a destroyed shifter, one skinned knee and a blood soaked tax payer provided flight suit. My helmet never hit the ground. The larger damage is my giant ego just took a huge kick on the balls.
http://www.evilengineering.com/gallery/d/30359-2/Get+off+037.JPG
http://www.evilengineering.com/gallery/d/30362-2/Get+off+038.JPG
http://www.evilengineering.com/gallery/d/30365-2/Get+off+039.JPG
http://www.evilengineering.com/gallery/d/30368-2/Get+off+041.JPG
http://www.evilengineering.com/gallery/d/30371-2/Get+off+043.JPG
5 fucking miles an hour.

So please, start up, I deserve it. No I don't think I am better than anyone, and yes much better riders than me have gone down. None of that helps. It was 5 fucking miles an hour, and now I get to spend the next few month riding around with a scuffed GSXR like every other fucking squid in COS. Fucking great. I might as well just glue the goddam helmet to my fucking tail section, throw on my fucking tank top and ride on down Academy on one fucking wheel.

Yes, I know, please, post up the jokes, I deserve it all and more. All the cracks about Tipys, jimwallance, matty and anyone else I started up on, this is kharma. You are better peaple than I am, and thats not a hard thing to do.

Zach929rr
Thu May 7th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Sounds like you could use some:siesta:

y_merkle
Thu May 7th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I think you covered it all. Sorry anyway.

Tipys
Thu May 7th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I was gonna say something but cant cause the last part has me ROTFLMFAO.

But however its got to be the Gixxer. Like people say its a jeep thing. Well its a GIXXER thing they like being shiny side down.

And I mean this if you need any help at all just ask. LOL

utsv650
Thu May 7th, 2009, 10:10 PM
i think you crashed into some ocean water.... your chain shows it..

fucking scrap it in to a track bike and get a ducati... that way youll be more careful?

JK

im just hoping my kharma doesnt kick in at high speed

Tipys
Thu May 7th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Also forgot Krama is the reason I crashed at PMI. I was making fun of my friend Twiggy cause his car got stolen when he moved back to Florida. I did this the night before the trackday. Never make fun of someone before going on a race track.

chad23
Thu May 7th, 2009, 10:16 PM
and I now dont feel so bad about my little get off

thatmofo
Thu May 7th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Damn man. I know the feeling - Pissed as hell. It seems to be happening a lot this week. My friend dropped his at 0 MPH yesterday and he's pissed as hell too.

Did I see any sliders on that bike?

Sully
Thu May 7th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself, Mental. It's not that bad, really. I think these little "get off's" happen to keep it real and remind us to stay humble. Heal up quick :)

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 7th, 2009, 10:37 PM
:cry:

If you are looking for sympathy tho ----- you'll find it between shit and syphilis in the dictionary.

Does that make you feel better? :D

Mizzybeff
Thu May 7th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Sorry mental. That sucks. I know ur pissed at ur self but tomorrow maybe it will be better. Im glad it wasn't any worse though. At least it was a small accident. (which is probably y u r so pissed about it) Well next time I see ya i'll give ya a great big hug! :)

d3spair
Thu May 7th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Wow you just got this! Such a pretty bike too. I almost fucking bit it on gravel (AGAIN) today coming out of the car wash, I think GSXRs are pre-disposed to becoming slippery penguins as soon as they get within 5 feet of sand.

Get it fixed and keep riding!

Skyzor
Fri May 8th, 2009, 12:50 AM
You are not making Gixxer owners look less squid-like!!!!

Bad luck,

Gravity is a bitch.

Nerves
Fri May 8th, 2009, 02:06 AM
You want to hear a stupid layover story? I got one for ya. I just got off work at 7am after workin a 12, and I was sitting on my bike warming it up cuz it is not fuel injected and it was a tit bit nippley that morning. So I'm sitting there with the bike in neutral thinkin about this and that and a little more of this, and for some restarted reason I start tapping my left foot. The same foot that was sitting on the shifter. So Im there with my arms crossed and I drop it down into first. Yay. The whole bike lurches forward 4 foot and goes over with me (kinda) on it. God I felt like a dumb sh*t. It happens to the best of us bro, and in my case, the dumbest of us. :silly:

Hi11Zone
Fri May 8th, 2009, 05:49 AM
But Gixxers are squids, hes just doing his part :P

Glad it wasn't to bad.

y_merkle
Fri May 8th, 2009, 06:05 AM
But Gixxers are squids, hes just doing his part :P

Glad it wasn't to bad.

That's okay because I've seen a fair share of Kawi's on their sides too! The green doesn't look as pretty with asphalt all over it as a GSXR does!

Tipys
Fri May 8th, 2009, 06:16 AM
That's okay because I've seen a fair share of Kawi's on their sides too! The green doesn't look as pretty with asphalt all over it as a GSXR does!

Hey you leave Kawi out of this. This thread is about GXSR's

PharmerKyle
Fri May 8th, 2009, 06:26 AM
yabbutt wasn't the Suzuki just a rental or something until you get your "S" back together?

JohnEffinK
Fri May 8th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Glad you are OK.

It is pretty funny that it was out at Schreiver though.....

John

TFOGGuys
Fri May 8th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Sorry to hear you hit the ground. I won't bore everyone with my own brain fart street crash (My 1 and only, not even on the street, actually). Please let me know if I can give you a hand with parts. I have a line on some aftermarket shifters that are pretty reasonably priced(~$30), as well as aftermarket stator covers and stuff.

Squisha
Fri May 8th, 2009, 07:34 AM
I can only think of it this way: As humiliating as your little crash might have been, it would have been ALOT more humiliating if you'd been run over by that Hyundai.

Matty
Fri May 8th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Well its a GIXXER thing they like being shiny side down.

hey buddy, i've put about 40K on my 'o5 and it's never been shiny side down...

Devaclis
Fri May 8th, 2009, 07:41 AM
I will be there on Saturday if ya need a hug man.

MetaLord 9
Fri May 8th, 2009, 08:03 AM
You crashed. That makes you a bad person. It's not like you were out there molesting children while burning the American flag, smoking crack, and performing a back alley abortion at a KKK meeting. That shit's forgiveable. But the crashing? You should probably kill yourself to save society the trouble.

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri May 8th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Shit happens, you get all pissed off about it, you get over it and you keep on riding with another story to add to the list.

Trust me... I was yelling, screaming, kicking and cursing at the sky my last time. lol

Hope today is better for ya!

MetaLord 9
Fri May 8th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Trust me... I was yelling, screaming, kicking and cursing at the sky my last time.
Wait, I'm confused. Did the sky knock you over last time??

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri May 8th, 2009, 08:44 AM
You've never just looked up and screamed as a release? It was that or start kicking things (including the bike) and probably break my foot in the process. The whole thing was my own fault but that doesn't mean I wasn't pissed and needed to vent.

MetaLord 9
Fri May 8th, 2009, 08:48 AM
You've never just looked up and screamed as a release? It was that or start kicking things (including the bike) and probably break my foot in the process. The whole thing was my own fault but that doesn't mean I wasn't pissed and needed to vent.
I'm just say'n, if the sky didn't knock you over, maybe it doesn't appreciate being kicked in retaliation...

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri May 8th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Shush it before I kick you

*smiles*

MetaLord 9
Fri May 8th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Shush it before I kick you

*smiles*
I'll just make it right by knocking you off your bike then. Then you'll be just like Mental. maybe you guys should do each other in

Horsman
Fri May 8th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Atleast you got to enjoy if for awhile... unlike these guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7IAAnyVuGU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiL2MCRXk7E

Mental
Fri May 8th, 2009, 10:00 AM
...Did I see any sliders on that bike?

Nope, just last week I was a pursin' E-Bay and saw some cheap set. "Hey, I should get those..."

Nope, just another dumbass move. But yes, I am feeling better. A good run and another cup of coffee and I'll be back to posting bizzare stuff.

So now I'm looking at new paint job ideas, I cannot bear the shame of a scratched up GSXR.

Of course I could get off my lazy, unbalanced arse and fix my BMW...

dallas
Fri May 8th, 2009, 10:05 AM
And to think that I always thought a GSXR without scratches was like a cloud without a silver lining.........Abbott without Costello............SOCO without sheep.........

64BonnieLass
Fri May 8th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Well if it's any consolation whatsoever, you have a very nice looking knee. :oops: Good lookin' knees are hard to come by ya know. :)

Snowman
Fri May 8th, 2009, 10:17 AM
You've never just looked up and screamed as a release? It was that or start kicking things (including the bike) and probably break my foot in the process. The whole thing was my own fault but that doesn't mean I wasn't pissed and needed to vent.Just a side note…
I’ve never personally tried screaming to release. Had a few screamers in my life but never where they could wake the neighbors.

Pandora-11
Fri May 8th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Well if it's any consolation whatsoever, you have a very nice looking knee. Good lookin' knees are hard to come by ya know. :)

That's what I was thinking too. :oops:

Brat
Fri May 8th, 2009, 10:20 AM
at least you and the bike are okay. did you have frame sliders?

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri May 8th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Just a side note…
I’ve never personally tried screaming to release. Had a few screamers in my life but never where they could wake the neighbors.
LOL...You shush up too!

Filo
Fri May 8th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I am confused by your post. Am I supposed to jump on the hate train and call you a dumb ass douche bag idiot moron GSXR squidly dipshit? Or will that mean you come all the way back north and kick my skinny white ass?

I did almost the same thing way back in '90 coming out of work. My embarrassment was made worse by the co-worker behind me in their car. I'll tell you how I got over it. About a week later I was at a stop light behind a cop on a Harley. We are turning left. Light goes green, he starts to creep forward, dumps the clutch, Harley stalls and he tips over in the middle of the busy intersection. About 5 miles an hour. In front of rush hour traffic. Nothing like someone making a bigger idiot out of themselves doing the same thing to make a guy feel better. At least, it made me feel better. I just rode around him and left him to pick up his bike because I am a douche bag too.

MetaLord 9
Fri May 8th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Well if it's any consolation whatsoever, you have a very nice looking knee. :oops: Good lookin' knees are hard to come by ya know. :)
well that's one the creepier things I've read this week...

Had a few screamers in my life but never where they could wake the neighbors.
You gotta cup the balls

dallas
Fri May 8th, 2009, 12:39 PM
You don't spend much time in the SOCO forum, do you?

MetaLord 9
Fri May 8th, 2009, 12:41 PM
You don't spend much time in the SOCO forum, do you?
I thought they'd already deleted that?

Snowman
Fri May 8th, 2009, 12:54 PM
You gotta cup the balls Sorry man, not familiar with that maneuver. Maybe you can show us all how it's done. :)

dallas
Fri May 8th, 2009, 12:58 PM
I thought they'd already deleted that?
You aren't the sharpest marble because you are still posting in it.........

MetaLord 9
Fri May 8th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Sorry man, not familiar with that maneuver. Maybe you can show us all how it's done. :)

You aren't the sharpest marble because you are still posting in it.........
Since Dallas is talking about shapr marbles, I figured you two could pair up & figure out the whole cupping thing together. Good luck with 4 balls, one cup...

:puke:

Mental
Fri May 8th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I am confused by your post. Am I supposed to jump on the hate train and call you a dumb ass douche bag idiot moron GSXR squidly dipshit? Or will that mean you come all the way back north and kick my skinny white ass?...

Not so much a hate train as the "well-with-all-the-trash-you-talk-you-kinda-had-it-comin'" train. The squidly GSXR just kinda ties it together.

As for me kicking anyone's ass, not if I had a week to prepare and they had to drink a bottle of Robotussin first.

dallas
Fri May 8th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Not so much a hate train as the "well-with-all-the-trash-you-talk-you-kinda-had-it-comin'" train. The squidly GSXR just kinda ties it together.

As for me kicking anyone's ass, not if I had a week to prepare and they had to drink a bottle of Robotussin first.
Don't be so hard on yourself. GSXR like to be on the ground. Hell, when I had mine, it wan't happy unless I went out into the garage once a week and knocked it over.

I think you would be ok in any type of asskicking with the majority of the club members because you have reach on them. Don't let them get inside or you would be fooked!!!

dallas
Fri May 8th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Since Dallas is talking about shapr marbles, I figured you two could pair up & figure out the whole cupping thing together. Good luck with 4 balls, one cup...

:puke:
As long as balls aren't touching, then it shouldn't be gay........right?

Sully
Fri May 8th, 2009, 01:56 PM
GSXR's take a lickin' and keep on tickin'... not like some of these other bikes **cough cough R6's ** where when they crash, the tank catches on fire :fire: uhhh bye bye... My gixx has been down, and up, tipped over this way, tipped over that way... and still keeps on going.. 45K+ miles bitches ! :alien:

gsxrscott
Fri May 8th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Dumb Ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Now you can get some real rearsets!:shocked:

dallas
Fri May 8th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah!!!!!! Kick him while he is down!!!!!!!!

Sully
Fri May 8th, 2009, 02:18 PM
oh btw Scott, did you get your pants blow out repaired or do you still have air conditioning ??? :D

Horsman
Fri May 8th, 2009, 02:18 PM
You gotta cup the balls

I'll cradle the balls, stroke the shaft, work the pipe, and swallow the gravy. Get it over here, buddy. Let's do this.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/JackBlack.jpg

Sully
Fri May 8th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I'll cradle the balls, stroke the shaft, work the pipe, and swallow the gravy. Get it over here, buddy. Let's do this.

You know how I know you're gay, :slappers: Horsman ???? See above.. please, see above... :gay:

Horsman
Fri May 8th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Oops. that was supposed to be a PM to Chris...

Nick_Ninja
Fri May 8th, 2009, 02:25 PM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/JackBlack.jpg

I will never drink another Fireball --------------- NO WAY -- NO HOW :shocked:

Horsman
Fri May 8th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I will never drink another Fireball --------------- NO WAY -- NO HOW :shocked:

:drink::pointlaugh: I am phinding phags - one fireball at a time...
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/gaydar.jpg

Drift
Fri May 8th, 2009, 03:12 PM
GSXR's take a lickin' and keep on tickin'...

Coming from Sully...

...I'm changing my name to GSXR!

dallas
Fri May 8th, 2009, 03:13 PM
:drink::pointlaugh: I am phinding phags - one fireball at a time...
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/gaydar.jpg
So does that make it easier to pick up dudes?

Drift
Fri May 8th, 2009, 03:15 PM

Yeah!!!!!! Kick him while he is down!!!!!!!!

In TRUE SoCo...sorry "Dirty South"...fashion! We never get hungry 'cause we just eat our own.

dallas
Fri May 8th, 2009, 03:25 PM
In TRUE SoCo...sorry "Dirty South"...fashion! We never get hungry 'cause we just eat our own.
It is survival of the fittest down here. We don't vote you off the island, we just eat you!!!!!!!!!

COS Mille
Fri May 8th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Damn, you took all our fire, what's left to say? At least you were on yours. I pulled the Mille into the garage, put the side stand down, walked away, looked back just in time to see it falling over and putting a big crease in the back door of of the WRX.
Damage, Mille windshield, mirror damaged and a dent in the WRX door. Cause.....yep, side stand not all the way down.......try explaining to the wife how the car she drives got dented after I bitched about all the damn door dings from the mall..........yea I called my self worse.............
It gets better.

jimwallace
Fri May 8th, 2009, 08:06 PM
shitty dude, well of course your not as good natured about dumping your bike as I am.....I have to be, I DO IT ALL THE TIME. Hey now if you want a new paint job its the time to do it. Also i can fix your case cover good as new if you'd like. Oh yeah and the paint!!! (shameless self promotion)

jimwallace
Fri May 8th, 2009, 08:09 PM
GSXR's take a lickin' and keep on tickin'... not like some of these other bikes **cough cough R6's ** where when they crash, the tank catches on fire :fire: uhhh bye bye... My gixx has been down, and up, tipped over this way, tipped over that way... and still keeps on going.. 45K+ miles bitches ! :alien:

It would have run away by now if it got the lickins ive given my kawi.......

Tipys
Fri May 8th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Mental ''5 mph'' Ward

gsxrscott
Sat May 9th, 2009, 07:44 AM
oh btw Scott, did you get your pants blow out repaired or do you still have air conditioning ??? :D

Yeah I sewed up the crotch cause my unsharp marbles we shivering!:slappers:

mtnairlover
Sat May 9th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Most get-offs (one-bike human-error get-offs) do tend to leave us a bit perturbed (yeah, I'm being nice). I've felt that way the past 3 get-offs and although the empathy is great...I freakin' wanted to kick myself every single time.

Anyhoo, scratches can be buffed over. Egos? Time.