PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!!! Rampart opens!!

Kim-n-Dean
Fri May 8th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Just called the Forest Service and Rampart is officially open! Yay!!

Rain is in the forecast, so it'll probably rain cat and dogs tomorrow and close again.

We're rollin' out in a few. Anyone else going up there? Camping/just for the day?

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri May 8th, 2009, 12:30 PM
My bro just picked up a CRF250X so hopefully i'll get to borrow it sometime and ride w/ you guys again.

Sux being broke and not having any 2 wheeled vehic.

Sortarican
Fri May 8th, 2009, 12:34 PM
If I had a dirtbike I'd be into it Dean.

Need to find a dirt project cheap for this summer.

MetaLord 9
Fri May 8th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Need to find a dirt project cheap for this summer.
:imwithstupid:

Kim-n-Dean
Fri May 8th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I hear Bueller has a bunch of dirt bikes for rent!!

All loaded up, catch you guys on the other side of the weekend...

Bueller
Sat May 9th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I am headed up soonly............... Sunshine!

Bueller
Sat May 9th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Nice little 45mi. ride, monkey butt rocks, Shoulda wore the bike shorts. :oops:
Conditions were surprisingly dry and dusty, still some decent traction though.

It is going to get busier, we need to get a good group ride going soon before that place gets too nuts (I fucking hate big fat fucking quads!).
Any interest in something next couple weekends?

GregsGSXR
Sat May 9th, 2009, 08:09 PM
oh yeah...it actually opened yesterday 5/8. I forgot to post. Rode by there today, might ride there tomorrow 5/10.

FZRguy
Sun May 10th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Yeah, it’s getting worst every year and why I avoid Rampart on the weekends. I had a couple of near misses last year that could have been ugly, and those were on weekdays. I was run off the trail a couple years ago and got pretty banged up, and did about $300 worth of damage to my bike. I don’t know if the RRMMC has any kind of plan to deal with the ever increasing problem of head-ons as the area gets more crowded. It’s a big reason why I stay on the MX track…at least everyone is going the same way.

Bueller
Sun May 10th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Not bad yesterday, bar trail is the one I hate and wont ride anywhere near lunch time, but where we head there is not much traffic and very few fat pig, no gear wearing, kid on the back, redneck unable to ride on 2 wheel no clue havin' POS quads!

BTW I HATE FUCKING QUADS!

InlineSIX24
Sun May 10th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Had a good time up there. Speaking of quads I had a couple issues and got stopped by one as I was halfway up a steep narrow hill with nowhere to go. Seems like most of those guys weren't following any trail Etiquette.

FZRguy
Mon May 11th, 2009, 01:16 AM
BTW I HATE FUCKING QUADS! Tell us how you really feel. :lol:

Yes, we shoud plan a CSC dirt day. Maybe a Friday/Saturday get the hell out of Dodge Sunday morning kind of deal?

Bueller
Mon May 11th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Had a good time up there. Speaking of quads I had a couple issues and got stopped by one as I was halfway up a steep narrow hill with nowhere to go. Seems like most of those guys weren't following any trail Etiquette.
For the most part they don't have a functional brain between the whole bunch of 'em.
Get a clue and learn how to ride on 2 wheels!

Devaclis
Mon May 11th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I am heading up there today. Is it normally clear on weekdays?

Kim-n-Dean
Mon May 11th, 2009, 08:43 AM
For the most part they don't have a functional brain between the whole bunch of 'em.
Get a clue and learn how to ride on 2 wheels!They should get a clue, like the dude on the bike changing his spark plug in the middle of the trail and didn't even acknowledge that we couldn't get by without putting a foot peg in his back. Or the other bike, which was two up with a chick and no helmets on either one.

I've had five head-on's in one day. All by bikes not paying attention.

Rampart sucks because of the volume of people, not what they're riding.

InlineSIX24
Mon May 11th, 2009, 08:45 AM
It wasn't overly busy this weekend so I'm sure that heading up during the week you should be fine.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon May 11th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Yes, we shoud plan a CSC dirt day. Maybe a Friday/Saturday get the hell out of Dodge Sunday morning kind of deal?We should try for this weekend. It will become exponentially more crowded every weekend.

I was a little surprised at how many RV's were there on opening day. Were people waiting at the gate or something? We were there before 3:00p.m. and a lot of campers were already set up.

FZRguy
Mon May 11th, 2009, 07:33 PM
I think we should wait a month or so since everyone has a hard-on for riding after winter. The weekend after the poker run might be a good time (June 7 this year), so how 'bout June 12-14?

Devaclis
Mon May 11th, 2009, 07:37 PM
I did not get out today :( Pinched the rear tube replacing my tire. FUCK! Oh well, plenty of time this summer to get out.

FZRguy
Mon May 11th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Hey Dana, if you wanna hit it up some weekday around noon, that's about the only time I ride out there.

Bueller
Mon May 11th, 2009, 08:27 PM
WAC

Weds. afternoon club 4:30 to wheneva

InlineSIX24
Mon May 11th, 2009, 10:20 PM
You guys suck. I miss having weekdays to do stuff.

FZRguy
Tue May 12th, 2009, 03:28 AM
I'm good for a Wed evening...how 'bout the 20th?

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 12th, 2009, 08:46 AM
I think we should wait a month or so since everyone has a hard-on for riding after winter. The weekend after the poker run might be a good time (June 7 this year), so how 'bout June 12-14?That's cool. We're going up again camping this weekend too.

June 27th is the second annual Red White and Blue party (red neck, white trash, blue collar). I brought it up last year. My buddy is friends with the band The Southern Rock Allstars and it's a huge drinkin' party with camping, good music and tons of dirt riding (Independence trail system and more). There's also an all chick band opening the show this year, Rock Kandy or something like that. I'll post up details soon, it would be cool to get a group together for this. It was killer last year!!

Horsman
Tue May 12th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I want to get a big QUAD just for Rampart....
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/6661293105871.jpg
I kid, I kid......

Bueller
Tue May 12th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I want to get a big QUAD just for Rampart....

There are gonna be those side by sides up there soon, freakin' golf carts.

FZRguy
Tue May 12th, 2009, 04:37 PM
What about the 20th? I have to plan it with work if we are riding.

Horsman
Tue May 12th, 2009, 04:39 PM
There are gonna be those side by sides up there soon, freakin' golf carts.
I feel your pain.. I really do... They are out of control...
I try to "stay on the path & beware of the moors "

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 12th, 2009, 06:17 PM
There are gonna be those side by sides up there soon, freakin' golf carts.So, you going this weekend or are you going to be bustin' the canyons on the 525?

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 12th, 2009, 06:19 PM
What about the 20th? I have to plan it with work if we are riding.I have no problem with that.

Bueller
Tue May 12th, 2009, 09:29 PM
So, you going this weekend or are you going to be bustin' the canyons on the 525?
Got shit to do all week so I won't get a chance to get the camper out, but will probably get out to ride Sat.

525=:nuke:

krod
Tue May 12th, 2009, 09:39 PM
What did ya blow up the 525 again? BTW yer to fucking old to ride you need a walker with training wheels.

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 12th, 2009, 10:55 PM
What did ya blow up the 525 again? BTW yer to fucking old to ride you need a walker with training wheels.Probably need to put him on a quad so he can stay upright!!

FZRguy
Tue May 19th, 2009, 10:53 AM
What about the 20th? I have to plan it with work if we are riding.

I'm out...gotta work.

Bueller
Tue May 19th, 2009, 04:30 PM
What did ya blow up the 525 again? BTW yer to fucking old to ride you need a walker with training wheels.
New engine had a slight set back :scream1:

BTW FU!

Probably need to put him on a quad so he can stay upright!!
See above

At least I tried the rock :lol:

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 19th, 2009, 06:19 PM
New engine had a slight set back :scream1:

BTW FU!That's what you get for not taking it to one of the highly recommended shops on this forum!!

See above

At least I tried the rock :lol:Yeah.... once... I couldn't believe you didn't hit it again!! Then again, you saw how many times I attempted it...

Bueller
Thu May 21st, 2009, 06:22 PM
Any interest in friday ride? I need to change F. wheel bearings but with the rain we will get tonight it might be an epic day, you know the kind :hump: