PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon A Time...

Zanos
Sat May 9th, 2009, 01:49 PM
... There was a boy... who got a 2009 Yamaha R6 from Grand Prix...

Salesman: When you start riding the bike you need to break-in the engine to manufacturers specifications.

<Salesman points to "8" --- At 8,000 RPM's.>

Boy: Okay...

Salesman: Congrats on your new motorcycle, ride safe!

Boy: See ya!

Boy thinks to himself... man... this is going to take all day to get home.
Boy rides from Littleton to Denver -- breaking the bike in word-for-word as the owners manual says (that was not read).

Boy thinks to himself... These cars keep honking at me. But I cant ride more that 8. Boy rides on the sidewalk to prevent getting cagers mad riding on the street.

Boy rides on the sidewalk from Littleton to Denver.

Man talks to Boy...

Man: Hey boy, what are you doing riding on the sidewalk so slow?

Boy: Well, I just got the motorcycle and it only has 12 miles. It is brand new. I can not go past 8. The salesman told me and so did my friends. If I go faster, I will break the engine. I was riding on the street, but I was getting honked at and drivers were getting mad at me. So I got on the sidewalk.

Man: Okay. I know it is a new motorcycle, and you have paper plates. Have you ever ridden a motorcycle before?

Boy: Ya... When I lived in China.

Man: But boy, you can ride more than 8 miles an hour.

Boy: No, the salesman said I can’t go past 8 for the first 600 miles. My friends told me that too.

Man: So you are going to ride your bike no faster than 8 miles an hour for the first 600 miles?

Boy: Yes.

Man: I think you have been misinformed, or do not understand. You can ride the speed limit; you just can’t go over 8,000 RPM for the first 600 miles.

Boy: But I was told I can’t go over 8. I can ride on the street?

Man: Do you have your owner’s manual?

<Man points out page 7-6 in the owner manual for proper break in, showing boy the proper break in - per Yamaha>

Man: Do you understand better now?

Boy: Yes.

Man: Okay. Bye.

<Boy gets off the sidewalk using a driveway to get back on the street. Boy almost dumps his bike. Boy rides off - almost dumping the bike, stalling the engine, and dropping the clutch.>

Yes, It is a true story. Don't let it be you.

SaShWhO
Sat May 9th, 2009, 01:59 PM
werd but funny!
srew what the salesguy told you.
spank that bitch like you stole it