PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a gel seat?

King Nothing
Sun Feb 6th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Well, do ya? If so, how do you like it? I'm thinking about getting one for Penny and I found one for $100. Is that a good deal? Thanks in advance. 8)

Brizz
Sun Feb 6th, 2005, 10:17 PM
I brush my teeth with Aim toothpaste. Its the great tasting gel.

KooLaid
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 02:42 AM
An actual seat? Or one of those add ons that straps down on it???

Mista Black
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 03:28 AM
for a hundred bucks i'm sure he's thinking about the seat pads and not a seat. unless you got a smoking deal you're gonna let us all in on Doug :D

i know quite a few people using gel seat pads with varied success. some love them, while others say they help but dont solve the butt comfort problem. the best i've heard of (though i've never even sat on one) is the Airhawk Seat Cushion (Clicky) (http://www.rohoinc.com/recreational/index.jsp). i havent met anyone who has one who's said it's anything short of a miracle device. they are more spendy (they can be found online for around $150) though.

also, a lot of people will buy corbins, russell, sargent seats, etc and after a few rides decide they dont like it. so you might be able to get a good deal at some point on an aftermarket seat.

Bueller
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Pansy ass :gay:

Mista Black
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 05:28 AM
i dont use one... i have an iron butt... and have the license plate frame to prove :up:

Hoopty
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 11:20 AM
I have one on the SV, it's purdy kewl. :D I've never done any long distance trips since I got it though, so I don't know how much better it is. If the seats are the same on the new models I'd be willing to trade + a little cash. :?

*MV* #33
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 03:09 PM
I have a sargent seat on my 01 750 it kicks ass. if anyone havs a GSXR and wants to buy it let me know.

MV

Hoopty
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 03:14 PM
I hear dem Jick-sirz are purdy! :drink:

Mista Black
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 03:32 PM
i can't picture a gixxer with one of those sargent lazyboy seats tho :? :wtf:

~Barn~
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 03:39 PM
I was looking at the Corbin's for Britney last night, and I can't believe how expensive those bastards are!!?

Are they really worth the cash? I'm talking over 2bills for this seat, and it's not even that big. :shock:

Mista Black
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 03:46 PM
a good seat is worth it if you're gonna ride very far. if you're only gonna do a couple hundred miles here and there, personally i'd save the $$$. for 1000 mile days, a good seat kicks the ass (no pun intended... well ok maybe a little pun)

FZRguy
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 04:52 PM
I think that the shape of the seat is more important than foam/gel or whatever it’s made of. Some of my previous street bikes had tall seats with lots of foam but were very uncomfortable. My stock FZR seat does not have near the foam but is good for all day comfort. What works for one rider is not necessarily gonna be good for your butt.

Mista Black
Mon Feb 7th, 2005, 04:55 PM
the foam should be stiff (not hard) to keep you from sinking to the seat pan. if you sit on the seat pan you'll feel every bump.

KooLaid
Wed Feb 9th, 2005, 10:58 PM
The cycle salvage place in the springs was selling those gel pad things for sub $75 I think.

ozzy187
Sun Mar 27th, 2005, 12:17 AM
I need a gel seat.
The ducati seats suck.

Artnshel
Fri May 27th, 2005, 10:57 AM
I have a Suzuki Gel seat for my Busa and I like it more than the stock seat for long distances and much more than the Corbin. Maybe I didn't give the Corbin enough time.

W1LL
Sat Jul 23rd, 2005, 01:57 AM
have you looked into the raw gel add in its where they cut the foam out in the center area kinda scoop it out and then glue in the gel part and recover the seat when i was on the east coast alot of people had it done adn it was kinda less costly

(( LO LO ))
Thu Jul 28th, 2005, 09:46 AM
I don't need a gel seat, I have buns of steel!

King Nothing
Thu Jul 28th, 2005, 02:51 PM
I don't need a gel seat, I have buns of steel!yeah, that's what bertha was sayin'.

(( LO LO ))
Thu Jul 28th, 2005, 02:57 PM
:rock:

*MV* #33
Wed Aug 10th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Check this post if yer still lookin for a seat.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18511