PDA

View Full Version : Once again, Stupidity Prevails

OldKneeDragger
Mon May 11th, 2009, 04:49 PM
So the long part of the story would involve the Ducati, the Nemesis ECU, and the wide band Lambda sensor that I installed. I just wanted to map the ECU for an exact Air / Fuel ratio at all RPM's and all throttle positions as I rode the bike.

Saturday I decided to go see how it works. Put my lap top computer in my back pack and headed to Bishops Castle thinking that would be a great test. Yes it works, I dialed in a 13.5 A/F just to be a tad bit on the rich side and things were working very well.

At Westcliffe I decided to dial it up a bit more and moved it to 13.7 A/F ratio and headed towards 50. I was doing some mild roll on's in third gear to get the mapping set. You know first and second gears are to fast, you can bounce it off the rev limiter faster than the lambda sensor can react. Forth and fifth would be a bit fast for public roads at red line so I thought third might work. Well, third is still too fast as the local sheriff told me as he just happened to come around a corner at the wrong time. I made his day.

So being stupid and not doing this on the track or on a dyno is going to cost me BIG (assuming I can even keep my license). Does anybody know of a good traffic lawyer in Freemont County (Cannon City)?

GSXRJOHNNY
Mon May 11th, 2009, 05:12 PM
no, I don't. But maybe this would be a good time to make a move to South America.:siesta:
Sorry about your luck. That sucks big time. I've had to be as good as possible and really careful to keep my driving privileges for the last year. This summer I can go back to being bad again, well, I'm naturally bad, but in the other way...LOL!! :)

Bashed
Mon May 11th, 2009, 06:08 PM
OKD,
My last ticket up in that county the Deputy Sheriff had the wrong date of the incident, the wrong hwy, 96 instead of 69, and the wrong time of day.
So I fought it thinking the dipshit is dyslexic (sp) and read the radar wrong, 75 mph instead of 57 mph, as well. I did prove to the judge all of the aformentioned descrepencies and after the deputy admitted he did in fact make all of those mistakes the judge did not think he made a mistake on the speed. That court up there in Westcliff is a racket. Look at your ticket good, if it is the same guy you may get your fine and points reduced as I did, the judge was cool on that front. As far as speeding, pay more attention, dammit! We will be cruizing thru there in a week or so, we could all flip him the bird as we go by, doing the speed limit of course.

Peace Bash

Tipys
Mon May 11th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Damn that sucks Ron

dallas
Mon May 11th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I guess I have to take part of the blame on this one. If I hadn't welded up his pipes for him, he wouldn't have had a new toy to play with.

Hope they go easy on you!!!

Drift
Tue May 12th, 2009, 07:52 AM
OKD,

Sorry to hear about the ticket... :banghead:

I am having to deal with one from AZ at the moment.

Sean
Tue May 12th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Ouch, OKD that doesn't sound real good.... :( Hope it works out for the best.

y_merkle
Tue May 12th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Gee guys! Sorry to hear about the tickets Drift and OKD. Good luck getting those resolved. Speeding is expensive these days...of course I've learned that the hard way too.

Mental
Tue May 12th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Sorry OKD, sounds like when it comes to that Duc, if it weren't fer bad luck, you'd have no luck t'all

Pandora-11
Tue May 12th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Well Bless your heart!

(sorry, I'm a southern girl.)

y_merkle
Tue May 12th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Like they say, "A Ducati will either break your wallet, your ass or your heart!"

Mental
Tue May 12th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Thank god OKD has an Iron Butt, or he'd be in the trifecta.

OldKneeDragger
Tue May 12th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Girl, I should have talked to you a long time ago. There is such wisdom in those words..

Like they say, "A Ducati will either break your wallet, your ass or your heart!"

y_merkle
Tue May 12th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Girl, I should have talked to you a long time ago. There is such wisdom in those words..
Thanks. Unfortunitly we learned that the hard way too!