PDA

View Full Version : Bolder Boulder runner sponsorship!!

Scer
Mon May 11th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Have you ever thought of challenging yourself so much that you don't know if you can make the goal?? Maybe defying all the odds that all you are left with are evens? How about pushing yourself so hard that you farted when you really didn't mean to??

Well a couple of your fellow CSC'ers are going to be doing just that very soon. Well, sort of....

Kristina (Wyck) and I are going to participate in this year 31st annual Bolder Boulder. This 10k race is a test to the fitness capability and the resistance to wimp out like a sissy girl. (Which, wyck is a girl but she ain't no sissy damnit!!)

I (sorry, WE) are humbly asking for monetary donations to help us reach our goal of, actually just registering for the event cause it really is pricey now, but also to run this years bolder boulder as well!!
With your small or preferably larger donation you don't get a stupid button that you won't wear, or a tax ID number in return to save money on your taxes, nor will you receive a general white shirt that you would be embarrassed to wear even at your grandmothers birthday parties. Nea, in return you will be, indirectly and in no means at all associated with, testing your ability to endure one of the most gruling runs that Colorado has. However, you WILL be helping two dumb asses who chose to run on thier own free will and without being dared to do so instead.

Also, you will be saving two lives that would face certain parish if not for your support. How you ask?? Without the need to train for this run, we will be filling our time with mundane activities, such as watching movies, maybe even "For the love of Money" on VH1, and playing the XBOX. People, I did not buy the Wii Fit!!!!! This will all lead to an exponential scale of weight gain and to one of those strange skin diseases that comes about when your skin bonds to the couch because we sat on it for like 2 years and has to be separated by cutting it off and then replaced by other skin from other parts of your body.. this is serious stuff people!!!

Your cash/check/credit card/ wire transfer/money order/certified check/debit payment will be applied directly to our run package that allows us to run and also gives us a cool looking tech Adidas shirt. (We couldn't be stuck with the general short sleeve of course, we love our grandmas)

So please, paypal us anything you can, 10 cents..5 dollars...the amount for the round of drinks that you might owe us to, sonsol@excite.com. Again, sonsol@excite.com...one more time that's s o n s o l @ e x c i t e. c o m. Thought that if it worked for those annoying radio commercials it might work here too.

Seriously, I did break my ankle in 3 places at the end of December so I know this won't feel good but everyone does have to challenge themselves once and a while.
And seriously, we don't really need your money.
But even more serious, we would still take it.

Thank you all for your consideration and for excusing us to lapse in our training for a short amount of time to write this shameless plug!
run on runnas

Sean
Mon May 11th, 2009, 08:20 PM
testing your ability to endure one of the most gruling runs that Colorado has.
You're not being over dramatic, are you?

Scer
Mon May 11th, 2009, 08:31 PM
You mean just that sentence??

play on playas

FZRguy
Mon May 11th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Boulder Boulder today, Pikes Peak Marathon tomorrow...suck on suckas :lol:

Sean
Mon May 11th, 2009, 10:04 PM
You mean just that sentence??
I just meant the one line. Thought it was a little dramatic :lol: It's a really fun run, you guys will have a great time. The best part is drinking a beer at 9am after :up: Good luck!
I'd throw you a bone, but I'm doing this http://www.5430sports.com/5430sprint.htm :banghead:

luck on luckas

Wyck
Mon May 11th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Boulder Boulder today, Pikes Peak Marathon tomorrow...suck on suckas :lol:

Actually that is the ultimate goal for early September. Well not the Pikes Peak Marathon but a marathon. I'm crazy but not that crazy! Ran 3.5 miles today woohoo!

I just meant the one line. Thought it was a little dramatic :lol: It's a really fun run, you guys will have a great time. The best part is drinking a beer at 9am after :up: Good luck!
I'd throw you a bone, but I'm doing this http://www.5430sports.com/5430sprint.htm (http://www.5430sports.com/5430sprint.htm) :banghead:
luck on luckas

EEESH that would kill me! I get cramps in my feet when I swim. :( Very strange and makes it impossible to swim at all.

Right back at ya with the luck :)

Train on trainas!

FZRguy
Mon May 11th, 2009, 11:11 PM
You can do just the ascent the day before the marathon…only 13.1 miles, straight up. climb on climbas.

Scer
Mon May 11th, 2009, 11:18 PM
How about the decent the day after instead? ha. Actually the Pikes peak would be a fun one to do but maybe after a "regular" one

sled on sleddas

Scer
Mon May 11th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I just meant the one line. Thought it was a little dramatic :lol:
I'd throw you a bone, but I'm doing this http://www.5430sports.com/5430sprint.htm :banghead:

luck on luckas

Yeah, it kind of was huh? haha. I should have also added that only a very small part of the US population has finished it too. =P

The triathlon looks like a fun one actually. Good luck with it and maybe you should sneak a flask and drink after that one too.

sneak on sneakas