PDA

View Full Version : And there's more needless dying..

RAGrote
Wed May 13th, 2009, 03:53 PM
According to the State Patrol, Benson was traveling west on the highway on his Suzuki motorcycle and passing vehicles in a no-passing zone when he ran into the left front corner of a Ford pickup that was turning onto Ellicott Highway.

Yep.
I've;
passed on double yellow
driven drunk (and with other substances - to be unnamed - in my system)
raced others
followed too close
weaved through traffic
wheelied
did burn outs
and most of the other stupid things we see motorists/motorcyclists do every day.

I've stopped most of them and survived all of them.... amazingly.

If you're gonna do these things please raise your game (riding ability) so you're more prepared to correct for the stupid, cuz it's comin.

Nobody here should die. Please.
bob

Nick_Ninja
Wed May 13th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I concur. :up:

** burns list of equal or worse confessions

Tipys
Wed May 13th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Damn it RIP rider

My list is just as long if not longer.

Mental
Wed May 13th, 2009, 04:23 PM
...If you're gonna do these things please raise your game (riding ability) so you're more prepared to correct for the stupid, cuz it's comin.

Hell, stupid comes even if you are ready.

But I would offer my own list of infractions, as you mentioned, as I stepped up my game, I noticed I did less and less of these things, becuase as I understood both the nature of the bike and the cages around, the odds just did not play in my favor.

Unfortunetly I have a very shallow learning curve, but fortunetly I also have a huge bag of luck...

Ol'Skool
Wed May 13th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I have been called the grandpa sportbike rider because I dont destroy the speed limit. Today north bound I-25 a rider almost got smooshed between the barrier and a semi as he tried to to pass. Be careful out there (yeah Im talkin to you silver cbr)